Author Topic: GMK Rainy Day (round 2)  (Read 24877 times)

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: GMK Rainy Day (round 2)
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 10 March 2024, 19:37:17 »
UK is no longer part of the EU, and has been for a while now. can we get a proper EU vendor?

Offline DeathShadow

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 03:51:00 »
UK is no longer part of the EU, and has been for a while now. can we get a proper EU vendor?

I second this. Importing from PT would inccur slightly higher costs for us EU members and would be a reason not to get the set.

I know CandyKeys sold it in the past maybe they will take over the project again?

Offline Nevrest

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 06:56:07 »

I second this. Importing from PT would inccur slightly higher costs for us EU members and would be a reason not to get the set.

I know CandyKeys sold it in the past maybe they will take over the project again?
CandyKeys is not a great vendor tbh. Oblotzky is probably the best EU vendor when it comes to keycaps. Other than that I've had good experiences with Keygem and EloquentClicks as well

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 12:18:26 »
Designer and I did not leave off on a good note last time, we have no interest in running a GB, because we would like to avoid politics and things that do not benefit the customer, as well as that GBs are not our strong point hence why the negative feedback here. I have vouched my interes  in buying a majority of MOQ WITH International kit but we have had no response about this. I also voiced a comment here before but I either it didnt post or got deleted.

We believe a set like this has a much greater reach if its available to grab and ship in-stock and with GMK leadtimes this is now feasable.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline whysoda

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 12 March 2024, 13:20:08 »
Sad I missed the first round of this, looking forward to R2! GLWIC :)

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 21 March 2024, 18:26:02 »
Rainy Day is one of my fav GMK sets I have. It's amazing and looks good on so many boards. Good luck with the R2 - it will be a smash hit just like R1! :)

Offline Owl

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 22 March 2024, 13:13:26 »

Definitely working on fleshing out vendor/region support so stay tuned for updates on that.

Offline Owl

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 22 March 2024, 13:13:50 »
Rainy Day is one of my fav GMK sets I have. It's amazing and looks good on so many boards. Good luck with the R2 - it will be a smash hit just like R1! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Offline AMZ

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 24 March 2024, 00:05:19 »
I'm in for all the kits! When GB should be start?

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 24 March 2024, 10:53:35 »
Really excited for this! I'm from the philippines so ZionPH would be a good vendor, or ilumkb from SG is also a safe one. :)

Offline B4zookaw

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 24 March 2024, 17:22:44 »
Would love to see UK ISO support in R2, pls?

Offline Imperilous

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 24 March 2024, 18:24:42 »
Would love to see a NorDeUK kit for this.

Offline Vulxan

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 04:32:42 »
Is there any chance to support two 2U spaces and one R3 1.25U accent enter? GLWIC!

Offline busytimmy

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 21:49:59 »
Big fan of the Stonewash deskmat. Reminds me of another similar mat that never got fulfilled  :'(

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 26 March 2024, 05:03:57 »
get an actual EU vendor please

Offline Owl

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 10:31:40 »
get an actual EU vendor please

Working on it. Having conversations but making sure everything lines up before making anything official.

Offline HubertThemad

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 16:08:18 »
Just popping by again to offer support! A blue gray Ciel60 came by my desk recently, and I've resolved to get Rainy Day for it :D

Offline malignant narcissism

• sus
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 19:13:01 »
idk what the status of this is (too dumb to read the thread) but I'm trying not to buy GMK until I use all the sets I have but Rainy Day would be the exception. I lived in Seattle forever and miss home sometimes. This is a beautiful set!
oh hi mark

Offline Owl

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 19 April 2024, 13:55:18 »
All vendors have been announced! Pricing and Group Buy dates will be coming soon. Also added HIBI artisan information. Thank you all for your patience and support!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 19 April 2024, 14:57:27 »
Nice looking set.

Any chance you'd consider classic legends for Print, Pause, and the numpad (at least just the number key sublegends/arrows). I think it tends to look nicer on icon+text modifier sets. While the cleaner look does seem to go better with icon-only sets. Admittedly, I did Print/Scroll/Pause on Dolch R5 before, but seeing it in person made me change my mind.

for example...

Also, I know it's not depicted as clearly on the render, but can we just make sure that Pg Up and Pg Dn, etc actually have the space between "Pg" and "Up/Dn"? Don't know if I've seen GMK ever go with it altogether, but sometimes they do seem to go with as-depicted renders so just covering ground there by mentioning it.

Otherwise, it's nice to see proper legends on 1.5u Backspace and stepped Caps Lock. :thumb: GLWIC/GB!

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 19 April 2024, 15:23:20 »
Nice looking set.

Any chance you'd consider classic legends for Print, Pause, and the numpad (at least just the number key sublegends/arrows). I think it tends to look nicer on icon+text modifier sets. While the cleaner look does seem to go better with icon-only sets. Admittedly, I did Print/Scroll/Pause on Dolch R5 before, but seeing it in person made me change my mind.

for example...

Show Image

Also, I know it's not depicted as clearly on the render, but can we just make sure that Pg Up and Pg Dn, etc actually have the space between "Pg" and "Up/Dn"? Don't know if I've seen GMK ever go with it altogether, but sometimes they do seem to go with as-depicted renders so just covering ground there by mentioning it.

Otherwise, it's nice to see proper legends on 1.5u Backspace and stepped Caps Lock. :thumb: GLWIC/GB!

I second both suggestion Lightning made here. The classic legends with front print for print/scroll/pause definitely hit different IMO. Then I'm thinking it's just the renders, but I also would like to see a space between Pg & Up/Down on the finished sets.

Offline kno

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 23 April 2024, 18:58:34 »
Lightning makes a great point. Please consider the classic legends for Print & Pause. That extra detail with the front print is soo nice   :D

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 24 April 2024, 04:33:03 »
Nice looking set.

for example...

I support this too!

And btw, when Dolch R6 with these legends?  ;)