Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 1144 times)

Offline II_Mandate_II

Hi Everyone
« on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:13:54 »
Thanks for accepting me into the community. I just got involved in the art of mechanical keyboards, and have my eyes on building my first device.

After utilizing the RedDragon K552 (87 key) tenkeyless design for a while to game, and utilize for WFH, I decided that it was time for a change to something with a smaller form factor. The form factor I decided upon is a 60% layout with an aluminum case, and NovelKey Cream switches (the site just sold out before I could complete this message haha!).

My goal is to create a burgundy/black keyboard that throws off most of the black that represents my desk space (black desk, black monitor, Darth Vader coffee cup, PS4, black pot for my bonsai tree). As stated before, a change is needed and I look forward to learning from everyone here.

Regards,

II_Mandate_II

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 11:06:01 »
Hi II_Mandate_II. Welcome to Geekhack.

RedDragon, and other Chinese OEMs, make some surprisingly good value boards.

What switches have you tried? Which do you like? Are you soldering the switches? You may want a switch tester first if you are. Otherwise, if it is a hot swap board, it should be a nice test bed to feel out your preferences.

I have always loved that color combination, I'm sure it will look great. You should post it in the "What Keyboard Are You Using Now?" thread when you've assembled it how you like.