Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 772459 times)

Offline codywanks

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1500 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 04:20:29 »
Reflow LED fix tutorial was posted earlier: https://imgur.com/a/qaj50

Part of the reason I don't feel motivated to update as much is because people keep asking the same old questions that have already been addressed.

Offline eddible

« Reply #1501 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 04:36:45 »

Part of the reason I don't feel motivated to update as much is because people keep asking the same old questions that have already been addressed.
May I suggest you update the first page post with FAQs? I don’t think it’s a surprise that people don’t go back through pages of discussion to try find the answers they want.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #1502 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 07:29:01 »

This sort of comment is very helpful and appreciated by everyone, I'm sure. Thank goodness the group buy hasn't had any delays or lack of communication so far!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1503 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 08:57:02 »

I'll be honest, I don't actually know in what way you are affiliated with the buy but here's the thing. Dealing with and answering the same **** every time is part of the job, especially when things were in the gutter for as long as they were here - you've read my other posts surely, I am nothing but patient and I have been as constructive as I can but just like people making the same complaints over and over again, you saying something like this is not helping the situation either.

Once people commit to something, being deterred by insolent buyers (who DO have a reason to be upset) shows very little professionalism which is what this buy desperately needed for the longest time. Whether or not that is your job, you solved it to a satisfactory level. Don't **** it up now.

As for a new question - are premium kits inclusive of upgraded parts still on track to ship next week?

I appreciate your updates.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1504 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 09:29:24 »
Weird enough we got a FAQ and updates post on the first page yet the GB runner himself doesn't update it lmao.

Why wouldn't you be surprised that people keep asking the same question, then get annoyed by said questions? Other people could easily say "read the faq" if someone actually updated it.

Last time FAQ was updated: Late January
Last time the update post was updated: August

And i quote:

Been awhile since the last update from us. This will serve as the update section, we are committed to updating everyone on a weekly basis.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1505 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 09:33:41 »
I don’t think it’s a surprise that people don’t go back through pages of discussion to try find the answers they want.

Why wouldn't you be surprised that people keep asking the same question

I'm not surprised that people keep asking the same question. But I'm quite amused that they're getting upset about answers not being provided when they actually have already been  ;D

I'll be honest, I don't actually know in what way you are affiliated with the buy

To clarify, I'm a regular participant like you. I paid full price for my order. Only difference is I know the GB runners personally, I think they are cool people, I consider them friends, and I don't like seeing the toll this GB has taken on them. Which is why I gladly volunteered my free time to help with packing and assembly.

Dealing with and answering the same **** every time is part of the job...

...Whether or not that is your job, you solved it to a satisfactory level. Don't **** it up now.

I don't think it's part of my job, but thanks I guess?

As for a new question - are premium kits inclusive of upgraded parts still on track to ship next week?

No, actually we're looking to start filling some brass plate/12 deg feet basic kit orders next week. If we're lucky, some might even start shipping at the end of the week.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1506 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 09:53:38 »
And what about fixing the remaining pcb for those who wait for gray/alu bottom, and even are willing to wait if this take more time than waiting for alu bottom/gray to be ready! I would really appreciate that it delivere 100% functional!

Thanks for your update on this!!

Offline demorior

« Reply #1507 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 10:16:13 »

then don't update. let someone competent do it.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1508 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 10:18:32 »

hollllly **** are you serious? You guys are worse than I thought, and I honestly can't believe that's possible. You've made this bed and now you can lie in it.

What a bunch of utter nincompoops.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 December 2017, 10:20:30 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1509 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 10:33:58 »
I don’t think it’s a surprise that people don’t go back through pages of discussion to try find the answers they want.

Why wouldn't you be surprised that people keep asking the same question

I'm not surprised that people keep asking the same question. But I'm quite amused that they're getting upset about answers not being provided when they actually have already been  ;D

I'll be honest, I don't actually know in what way you are affiliated with the buy

To clarify, I'm a regular participant like you. I paid full price for my order. Only difference is I know the GB runners personally, I think they are cool people, I consider them friends, and I don't like seeing the toll this GB has taken on them. Which is why I gladly volunteered my free time to help with packing and assembly.

Dealing with and answering the same **** every time is part of the job...

...Whether or not that is your job, you solved it to a satisfactory level. Don't **** it up now.

I don't think it's part of my job, but thanks I guess?

No, actually we're looking to start filling some brass plate/12 deg feet basic kit orders next week. If we're lucky, some might even start shipping at the end of the week.

Seeing as you are doing this entirely pro bono as a regular participant and it hadn't been made clear prior to this (to my knowledge) then it is obviously not your job - however, those whose job it is should be the ones held accountable whether or not you're taking time and effort out of your own day(s) to help them out. Your usage of "we" and other pronouns made it slightly dubious so I apologise for the assumption.

Your involvement is still appreciated regardless, I feel like I'm repeating myself but the point is that those who ARE legally responsible should understand the basics in that no matter how much **** they get thrown at them for their shortcomings it is their duty to go "sir, siiiiiiir :) I know times have been grim but we will get through this, the problems are being solved and things are in motion, this and this is happening right now and that and that will be happening shortly".

If they cannot do that then they should hire someone (either pro bono or otherwise) to do it for them else they inspire zero confidence and trustworthiness. Withdrawing their participation completely for whatever reason that may and not delegating that job onto someone else be is crass and entirely unacceptable; that is largely why the uproar has been as you've seen it. I'm sorry, truly, but the toll it has taken on them has also been mostly their own fault, I've seen this hundreds of times in other dealings I've had, professionally and otherwise - it's like the old Serenity Prayer, there IS a difference between the things you can and cannot change, we as buyers as well as the GB runners should (and for the better part do) accept that there are hurdles and that there have been difficulties, what CAN (and should have been) be changed is the way those are communicated and handled between us.

The burden they bear was taken by them upon themselves when they started all this. That is the job, no matter what. I hope everyone involved that could've made this better not only for us but for themselves has learned this.

Lastly, thank you for the response to my question - hopefully it goes smoothly on their end, pushing out as much as possible before Christmas/New Year's is probably a good idea.

Offline Dylan

« Reply #1510 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 11:11:06 »
Any update on the greys?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1511 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 13:12:12 »

add a FAQ, that's what they're for
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1512 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 18:35:53 »
So I just received my Exent and am beyond disappointed. I will be back later to discuss why that is, but at this instant my issue is that I cannot make one single LED light up. I have followed both instructions posted in this thread, e.g. that by catweewee to no avail. I've also reflowed the solder on every single LED. So either I'm doing something wrong, or my PCB is so dead not a single LED will light. For reference, I have loaded a keymap onto it and under the small amount of testing I've done the keys appear to be working.

What are my options for the LEDs? What the hell radio button are you talking about in the SMD LED repair guide? Could I get precise instructions for getting the LEDs to light up in case I'm making a mistake here?

Thanks.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1513 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 18:47:54 »
So I just received my Exent and am beyond disappointed. I will be back later to discuss why that is, but at this instant my issue is that I cannot make one single LED light up. I have followed both instructions posted in this thread, e.g. that by catweewee to no avail. I've also reflowed the solder on every single LED. So either I'm doing something wrong, or my PCB is so dead not a single LED will light. For reference, I have loaded a keymap onto it and under the small amount of testing I've done the keys appear to be working.

What are my options for the LEDs? What the hell radio button are you talking about in the SMD LED repair guide? Could I get precise instructions for getting the LEDs to light up in case I'm making a mistake here?

Thanks.

Because of the way these LEDs work, a dead one will keep the ones after it from working, even if they're good.

So potentially you could only have one dead LED in position one. You'll have to start diagnosing there.

**No affiliation with GB runners**

Offline demorior

« Reply #1514 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 18:50:09 »

Thanks.

Because of the way these LEDs work, a dead one will keep the ones after it from working, even if they're good.

So potentially you could only have one dead LED in position one. You'll have to start diagnosing there.

**No affiliation with GB runners**
i believe when looking at the board bottom side up with the usb port facing away from you, LED #1 is the one on the far left

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1515 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:48:28 »

add a FAQ, that's what they're for

Luckily there is a faq, though it'd be nice if it wasn't left to earn dust in months.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #1516 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:57:21 »
I wish there was a locked thread only the creators could comment on I could follow instead of wondering if there was an update every time someone posted about there not being any updates

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1517 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 20:57:26 »
So I received my Exent, and imagine my elation when I discover the following, progressively.

1) Dents in the switch plate, picture in album.

2) Cracks in the polycarbonate bottom, where the foot is mounted. Clearly someone drove those in with an impact driver, because that's how you're supposed to do it . Pictures in album.

3) A pcb in such bad shape literally none of the LEDs work. I have a picture of the PCB plugged in for what it's worth.

4) Parts I ordered were missing. I ordered both clip in and screw in stabilizers, none of which are anywhere to be found in the box I received. I didn't. Thought I did, but I definitely didn't get the premium kit and that's the only one stabilizers come with.

5) Screws, quite literally, missing. Two countersink screws holding the foot to the polycarbonate bottom aren't present, although this is a blessing in disguise somewhat as I'd expect if I had gotten them I would have a polycarbonate bottom with five  cracked countersinks, as opposed to only three. And, one pan-head screw for  holding the switchplate to the case is absent as well.

Speaking now to Juahenza or Yuktsi, here is what I think is reasonable:

1) Send me another PCB, as the LEDs were not fixed even after reflowing the solder on all four leads of each one of them.

2) Send me either (A) an unbroken polycarbonate bottom or (B) an aluminum bottom (siliver). Whichever you have extras for. You do not need to send a second foot, the foot I received is fine.

3) A 8.75$ reimbursement for the stabilizers I just ordered (Costar, from WASD keyboards. Update: I'm not even sure these will work, as the cherry ones I have on hand don't. They don't clip into the switchplate? I.e. are loose? Can anyone fill me in on what's going on here? ) These wouldn't work anyway, and honestly I don't know what stabilizers to buy. PCB mount stabilizers. Thank you Xondat.

4) The screw in and clip in stabilizers I ordered originally.  Recalled I didn't order the premium kit.

5) The missing screws (2xCountersink 1xpanhead)

6) A switch plate, which I will pay 50% of assuming the above are fulfilled.

Here is an album of pictures of my Exent: https://imgur.com/a/aLPlc

These photos we're taken within 10 minutes of unboxing the keyboard.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:08:53 by PancakeMSTR »

« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 21:05:14 »
So I received my Exent, and imagine my elation when I discover the following, progressively.

2) Cracks in the polycarbonate bottom, where the foot is mounted. Clearly someone drove those in with an impact driver, because that's how you're supposed to do it . Pictures in album.

3) A pcb in such bad shape literally none of the LEDs work. I have a picture of the PCB plugged in for what it's worth.

4) Parts I ordered were missing. I ordered both clip in and screw in stabilizers, none of which are anywhere to be found in the box I received.

5) Screws, quite literally, missing. Two countersink screws holding the foot to the polycarbonate bottom aren't present, although this is a blessing in disguise somewhat as I'd expect if I had gotten them I would have a polycarbonate bottom with five  cracked countersinks, as opposed to only three. And, one pan-head screw for  holding the switchplate to the case is absent as well.

1) Send me another PCB, as the LEDs were not fixed even after reflowing the solder on all four leads of each one of them.

2) Send me either (A) an unbroken polycarbonate bottom or (B) an aluminum bottom (siliver). Whichever you have extras for. You do not need to send a second foot, the foot I received is fine.

3) A 8.75$ reimbursement for the stabilizers I just ordered (Costar, from WASD keyboards. )

4) The screw in and clip in stabilizers I ordered originally. 

6) A switch plate, which I will pay 50% of (15$, or 6.25$ given that I need to be reimbursed for the stabilizers I just purchased).

Thanks.

I think they should exchange your PCB, not just send you a second one. And why would you buy stabs before reaching out to get the ones you ordered and then expect them to pay you back for the stabs your ordered, again, before reaching out to get the ones you should have gotten?

I am really bummed to see so many problems with what feels like every board people are getting... I have not had any problems with the wait or the lack of communication because I believed what I was getting would make up for both. Very concerning.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 21:11:51 »

4) Parts I ordered were missing. I ordered both clip in and screw in stabilizers, none of which are anywhere to be found in the box I received.

3) A 8.75$ reimbursement for the stabilizers I just ordered (Costar, from WASD keyboards. )

4) The screw in and clip in stabilizers I ordered originally. 

6) A switch plate, which I will pay 50% of (15$, or 6.25$ given that I need to be reimbursed for the stabilizers I just purchased).

Thanks.

I think they should exchange your PCB, not just send you a second one. And why would you buy stabs before reaching out to get the ones you ordered and then expect them to pay you back for the stabs your ordered, again, before reaching out to get the ones you should have gotten?

I am really bummed to see so many problems with what feels like every board people are getting... I have not had any problems with the wait or the lack of communication because I believed what I was getting would make up for both. Very concerning.

Send me a second one for the trouble I've been caused. Overall I also feel we, the customers, have been treated badly.

And again, reimburse me for the stabs I purchased because of how I've been treated as an investor in this project. As for the stabs I ordered initially, I'm entitled to them, regardless, considering I paid for them. This is wrong, I actually think I didn't order stabilizers. Doesn't excuse any of my other problems, though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:03:11 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1520 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 21:14:01 »
Just stating up front in order to make it public knowledge but if my polycarb bottom comes cracked in the way Pancake's is someone is getting backhanded.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1521 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 21:53:39 »
You know, I just realized I may be mistaken about missing the stabilizers, i.e. I didn't order the premium kit, which was the one stabs came with (remember, I did order this thing a very long time ago). But I tried some stabilizers I had on hand, costar and cherry, and none of them work in the switchplate. What stabilizers does this thing take? Can someone give me a link? I'm incredibly confused.

The rest still stands. I still have a dead PCB and a broken polycarbonate bottom, missing screws, and an enormous amount of disappointment, but I strip the stabilizer parts from  my request.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 December 2017, 21:57:17 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1522 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:05:14 »
You know, I just realized I may be mistaken about missing the stabilizers, i.e. I didn't order the premium kit, which was the one stabs came with (remember, I did order this thing a very long time ago). But I tried some stabilizers I had on hand, costar and cherry, and none of them work in the switchplate. What stabilizers does this thing take? Can someone give me a link? I'm incredibly confused.

The rest still stands. I still have a dead PCB and a broken polycarbonate bottom, missing screws, and an enormous amount of disappointment, but I strip the stabilizer parts from  my request.

You need Cherry PCB mount stabilizers; these come in clip in and screw in variations.

Not sure what region you're from for a link, but it isn't a difficult thing to find with Google.

Sorry to hear about your kit.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1523 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:06:17 »

You need Cherry PCB mount stabilizers; these come in clip in and screw in variations.

Show Image

Not sure what region you're from for a link, but it isn't a difficult thing to find with Google.

Sorry to hear about your kit.

Ahhhh. Okay. Thank you I really appreciate that. Driving me ****in nuts that none of my stabilizers could work.

Yeah, I'm sorry too. Incredibly, I've been dreaming about this thing for months.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1524 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:18:07 »
After looking at PancakeMSTR's album, how can you guys claim that there is any QC going on at all?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1525 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:20:29 »
Yikes, that cracked polycarbonate bottom is bad. I don't even know what to say.

It's times like these that I'm almost glad my stuff ships later. With the UK78 mine shipped late and I got better packaging, and maybe it will be the same with the Exent. And maybe my PCBs will be checked and fixed (if necessary) before they are shipped to me.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1526 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:29:06 »
After looking at PancakeMSTR's album, how can you guys claim that there is any QC going on at all?

Could be shipping related to be fair, polycarb is not exactly the most durable under stress (eg. point of screw insertion and whatnot) as we well know so maybe those were not actually there prior and only happened (or got exacerbated) because of bumps and whatnot whilst on the way.

Edit: Changed my mind due to circumstance, the situation seems dodgy for other reasons.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 13:38:15 by Vigrith »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1527 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:36:33 »

Could be shipping related to be fair, polycarb is not exactly the most durable under stress (eg. point of screw insertion and whatnot) as we well know so maybe those were not actually there prior and only happened (or got exacerbated) because of bumps and whatnot whilst on the way.

Hardly acceptable even in that scenario but it all depends on how they handle his replacement.

I highly doubt it. Possible, but I'd claim unlikely. That looks quintessentially like a screw driven in 10 times too hard to me. It was packed bordered by foam on all sides, seemed like okay (though not great) packing to me.

And if it were the case, I'd argue leaving two screws out of the foot mount exacerbated the problem.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:38:18 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Data

« Reply #1528 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:43:44 »

4) Parts I ordered were missing. I ordered both clip in and screw in stabilizers, none of which are anywhere to be found in the box I received. I didn't. Thought I did, but I definitely didn't get the premium kit and that's the only one stabilizers come with.

3) A 8.75$ reimbursement for the stabilizers I just ordered (Costar, from WASD keyboards. Update: I'm not even sure these will work, as the cherry ones I have on hand don't. They don't clip into the switchplate? I.e. are loose? Can anyone fill me in on what's going on here? ) These wouldn't work anyway, and honestly I don't know what stabilizers to buy. PCB mount stabilizers. Thank you Xondat.

4) The screw in and clip in stabilizers I ordered originally.  Recalled I didn't order the premium kit.

Thanks.

This is pretty ****ed up and I sympathize.

One thing you might want to note, however: You have to manually enable the LEDs in the configurator.  If you haven't already, you should try that before you call it dead.  It's my understanding that they aren't enabled out of the box... for some reason.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1529 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 22:45:52 »

[snip]

EDIT: upon further inspection it looks like screw overtightening... the screws don't come tightened, so i've heard from a few people

looks like he just ****ed up and wants yutski to fix it
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 13:24:13 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1530 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 23:10:22 »

Thanks.

One thing you might want to note, however: You have to manually enable the LEDs in the configurator.  If you haven't already, you should try that before you call it dead.  It's my understanding that they aren't enabled out of the box... for some reason.

All I did was follow the instructions. I tried the guide posted by catweewee, I tried the SMD repair guide posted by I think codywanks (I think) - for that one I haven't got the ****ing slightest clue what radio button he's talking about, and I even tried looking up "winkeyless bootloader LED guide" or something and followed instructions there to no avail as well.

« Reply #1531 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 23:56:10 »

Yeah, the cracks in that bottom are radically unacceptable. I'm sure it's impossible to catch everything that comes through QC, and most manufacturer QC processes only check 'x' amount of pieces going out, but even the guy who packaged this should have caught this, it's not some missed chamfer or small scratch that would be easy to miss.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1532 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 23:58:18 »

Thanks.

All I did was follow the instructions. I tried the guide posted by catweewee, I tried the SMD repair guide posted by I think codywanks (I think) - for that one I haven't got the ****ing slightest clue what radio button he's talking about, and I even tried looking up "winkeyless bootloader LED guide" or something and followed instructions there to no avail as well.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1533 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 00:44:41 »

Show Image

My bootmapper version looks slightly different from yours but yup doesn't work.

Oh my client is Version 0.10.0, if that matters.

I'm gonna keep looking at the PCB, fiddling with reflow etc to see if I get anywhere, but let me just say: after 10 or so months of waiting, this is not an experience I'm pleased with. Not by a long shot.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 01:11:02 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1534 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 01:28:45 »

I'm gonna keep looking at the PCB, fiddling with reflow etc to see if I get anywhere, but let me just say: after 10 or so months of waiting, this is not an experience I'm pleased with. Not by a long shot.

Have you tried other versions of the client? Even though it's a small chance maybe it's a compability thing, 0.8.3 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bn9flirkb49ahz/BootMapperClient.zip?dl=0

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1535 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 02:16:41 »

Have you tried other versions of the client? Even though it's a small chance maybe it's a compability thing, 0.8.3 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bn9flirkb49ahz/BootMapperClient.zip?dl=0

I'll give it a test.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1536 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 03:14:45 »
This is so much unacceptable!! Your polycarb bottom is totally ****ed up.. how dare they send this!?
And the pcb led issueis not something acceptable either! As I already told, it could be an “easy “ fix, or not! And as it is now demonstrate it can not be easy at all!

For the remaining order we want:
* FULLY FUNCTIONAL QC PCB!!! Fix them yourself before shipping!
* QC the rest of the keyboard pieces! We don’t want broken/scratch/dent part!!

If clearly think this is not too much to ask!

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1537 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 06:18:59 »
We didn’t send any cracked polycarbonate, nor a pcb like what you mentioned. Every parts were QC and assembled before packing and shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1538 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 06:21:07 »
This is so much unacceptable!! Your polycarb bottom is totally ****ed up.. how dare they send this!?
And the pcb led issueis not something acceptable either! As I already told, it could be an “easy “ fix, or not! And as it is now demonstrate it can not be easy at all!

We QC every parts. PCB with no leds at all was immediately put aside. Same goes to the bottom and all. Please.

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1539 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 06:48:06 »

We QC every parts. PCB with no leds at all was immediately put aside. Same goes to the bottom and all. Please.

Anyway, I don’t know wich one to trust here, but the pictures are not looking good!

Also, the most important part of my message was about getting 100% functional pcb for the remainder order that have not shipped yet!
You did not answer this part.

This would be much better that you fix this, incase the fix is not easy, we will gain time infine (if you have to replace pcb you can do it directly, not adding further wait!).

Please tell us it is possible!!

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1540 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 07:11:33 »

Anyway, I don’t know wich one to trust here, but the pictures are not looking good!

Also, the most important part of my message was about getting 100% functional pcb for the remainder order that have not shipped yet!

This would be much better that you fix this, incase the fix is not easy, we will gain time infine (if you have to replace pcb you can do it directly, not adding further wait!).

The trust question is indeed an interesting one, especially as PancakeMSTR has a history of very negative opinions towards the group buy for some time and might be a bit biased.

The cracks look to me as if they are the result of applying too much torque to the screws aka. pulling them too tight during assembly of the feet.

Has anyone else received cracked screw holes like that?

Anyways you should be careful during assembly, as polycarbonate can indeed be quite brittle and prone to cracking.

Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1541 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 07:31:04 »

The trust question is indeed an interesting one, especially as PancakeMSTR has a history of very negative opinions towards the group buy for some time and might be a bit biased.

The cracks look to me as if they are the result of applying too much torque to the screws aka. pulling them too tight during assembly of the feet.

Has anyone else received cracked screw holes like that?

Anyways you should be careful during assembly, as polycarbonate can indeed be quite brittle and prone to cracking.

Agreed, it definitely look like crack due to too much torque when screwing the poly bottom. I don want to tell who I do not trust here... But it just look like the LED issue that some people discover! They DID NOT tell us before people received it and post it here! Then they said "we QC the PCB and none with 0 LED working went out".. meaning what...? Two led not working was acceptable? 3? 4? The only acceptable is 0! It should work, of course **** can happen, and one PCB not functioning correctly for 1 or 2 people can be ok... But here it appears that a lot of people are affected by this!

So yes, with all the good will in the world, I have now some doubt with all the 'QC' process.. I would hope PancakeMSTR as cracked himself the poly bottom due to bad handling and now try to blame it on the GB (no offense), but there is still some strong doubt! We will see if there is other people affected by this. If he is the only one, maybe it is his fault, or bad luck with one not well QC unit.

In the meantime, I really want an answer regarding the fix of the remaining PCB before sending them!

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1542 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 10:26:01 »
We didn’t send any cracked polycarbonate, nor a pcb like what you mentioned. Every parts were QC and assembled before packing and shipping.

I'm not convinced, but regardless I received a damaged polycarbonate bottom and need a replacement. If you did send it unbroken, then you failed to pack it well enough to prevent it from becoming damaged in shipment. The damage to the base is your responsibility. And, out of the box, I cannot get a single LED to light up on the PCB.

kacase: I don't like you, and I've made that extremely clear I think. But nonetheless, you're absolutely right. I am at times aggressive, unreasonable, impolite, and insulting. However, I do not lie. I received a damaged polycarbonate bottom, plain and simple.  There is also no way that I handled it in a way that could have produced that cracking. I am extremely careful around this stuff. My PCB is also experiencing every issue I've said it is.

The most motivating reason I have of convincing you that I'm telling the truth is that there is no reason to go through all this trouble for a duplicate polycarbonate bottom. Why would I put myself through this trouble?  Trust me all I wanted was to build my keyboard and, honestly, stop coming to this thread entirely.

Also I admitted that the absent stabilizers were my fault, I simply hadn't ordered them, and rescinded my requests for them.

To be honest if I were to speculate about something, it would be that I was deliberately sent a damaged product, the reason for this being that in the relatively recent past I haven't been friendly to the behavior of the group buy leadership.

Time to get in the habit of recording opening packages from group buys....

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:27:41 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1543 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 10:43:18 »
What kind of insurance is there on the shipping of these? I know it's not ideal, but if the shipping company is to blame for both the PCB and polycarbonate bottom maybe we need to contact them about PancakeMSTR's package and have them reimburse the damages. If they reimburse in full then you could use that money to get PancakeMSTR replacement parts.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1544 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 10:45:25 »
What kind of insurance is there on the shipping of these? I know it's not ideal, but if the shipping company is to blame for both the PCB and polycarbonate bottom maybe we need to contact them about PancakeMSTR's package and have them reimburse the damages. If they reimburse in full then you could use that money to get PancakeMSTR replacement parts.

Considering the PCB was rattling around loose in the keyboard body it's conceivable it was damaged in shipping, but I maintain that it's virtually impossible for the base damage to have occurred during shipping. I'll talk to some folks about it though. Maybe do some testing of my own.

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 10:49:50 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline krispy

« Reply #1545 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 11:25:27 »
Time to get in the habit of recording opening packages from group buys....

Oh my god.. If mine ever gets shipped out I am seriously considering asking someone to record the package opening process. :(

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1546 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:53:12 »
Just for reference, I've linked in this comment to some pictures of the box (I didn't take the time to timestamp them, but I will if that's a serious point of contention). Looks in pretty decent shape to me, and the foam the keyboard was packed in is perfect (again, if this is a serious point of contention I'll photograph that as well). I can't even imagine the kind of trauma the box would have had to have gone through to produce those cracks in the polycarbonate, it just doesn't make sense to me. My keyboard was shipped broken.

Pictures of box: https://imgur.com/a/Y4kt8

I'm going to see if I have some suitable polycarbonate scrap lying around to do some testing with.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:54:45 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1547 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 12:57:23 »
Just for reference, I've linked in this comment to some pictures of the box (I didn't take the time to timestamp them, but I will if that's a serious point of contention). Looks in pretty decent shape to me, and the foam the keyboard was packed in is perfect (again, if this is a serious point of contention I'll photograph that as well). I can't even imagine the kind of trauma the box would have had to have gone through to produce those cracks in the polycarbonate, it just doesn't make sense to me. My keyboard was shipped broken.

I'm going to see if I have some suitable polycarbonate scrap lying around to do some testing with.

It's almost like the post office overtightened the screws!

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1548 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 14:40:37 »

It's almost like the post office overtightened the screws!
Haha!

At least some people don’t lose their sense of humour :)

Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #1549 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 15:05:08 »
That Polycarb bottom looks overtightened to me, no way that can be a transit damaged.

Take this as a lesson and be more careful next time when you build a keyboard my friend.