Author Topic: Stabilizer plate hole layouts.  (Read 4620 times)

Offline Criterus

Stabilizer plate hole layouts.
« on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 12:51:20 »
I'm working on a 40% w/ a 10 key and a couple of small modifications to the standard modifier layout. I cant find a good picture of the stabilizer layout / dimensions for either cherry or the corsair stabilizers. 

I'd like to use corsair but I'm not hard set. The only keys I'm going to need a stabilizers for should be the 6.25u spacebar, and a 2 keys for the + and "return" on my 10 key (2u).

I found this link which I think is for the 2u keys: http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/costar-stabilizer-plate-measurements-t5872.html

Does anyone have a better link to these layouts with dimensions?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Stabilizer plate hole layouts.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 13:11:08 »
Have a look in the GH CAD Resources Hub :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Criterus

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 13:42:14 »
I did find the file, but I'm modeling in Fusion 360. I didn't realize it was a .dwg file.

I'll just have to install something so I can pull measurements from stabilizer file. Just a bummer to have to install another piece of software just to pull the measurements. Thanks for linking me back there. I was 5 pages deep into that thread and had forgotten that file was up front.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 13:51:15 »
You can also find the measurements in metric on Cherry's site for Cherry stabs.  Both plate and PCB mount will fit the same holes and use the same dimensions.  The only difference is the PCB needs holes for PCB mount stabs, but pcb mount stabs will fit through plate mount holes.

Their dimensions for hole cutouts, and stab cutouts are in the PDF file under the red button.

http://cherryswitches.com/us/product/keymodule-mx-series/
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich