Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2695700 times)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Brobot Therapy
« Reply #2050 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 19:11:31 »
We can see them now!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2051 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 19:59:34 »
Usps tracking seemed to have some issues in the past few days. My Liberal Blue Brobot left Las Vegas and there are no updates on the tracking page since. Is this across the board?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2052 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 20:05:22 »
Hah, k cool. Hope you guys like the shots.

The second one I edited the RAW to give a little effect to it. The color of the cap is closest to the first pic, although I did edit that one as well just to clean it up.

Now I just need more BroBots! They are so photogenic. :P

Edit: Here is the other one that wasn't showing as well:
Show Image

The best colours are always the most difficult to photograph!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2053 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 20:39:24 »

The second one I edited the RAW to give a little effect to it. The color of the cap is closest to the first pic, although I did edit that one as well just to clean it up.

Show Image

I also find that I have this problem. Or I just suck at photography. It could be that too. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2054 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:13:39 »

Show Image

I also find that I have this problem. Or I just suck at photography. It could be that too. :)

No, it's the same with Clacks - the most interesting colours are the most difficult to photograph.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #2055 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:31:09 »

Show Image

I doubt it. I use a pro camera with great macro glass and getting the right color isn't easy even with post processing. It is just the way light hits the key and the way the camera exposes. Just try to get it as close as you can and mess with the temperature in post.

Show Image

No, it's the same with Clacks - the most interesting colours are the most difficult to photograph.

Yup, my "Hack Orange" always just looks... orange lol.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #2056 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 21:58:55 »
Get a lightbox, man.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2057 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 00:40:50 »
We are here for therapy. Discussing about the beauty of Brobots does not help :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2058 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:37:27 »
I put a notify on the brocaps sale thread. And didn't get notified.

What the hell.

Also, i hope the raffle gives people more of a chance,
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #2059 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:09:21 »

What the hell.

Glad we are back on topic. This is a therapy thread maaayyn.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:22:12 by asassdsd »
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2060 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:15:59 »

What the hell.

use notification on tapatalk.  it will notify you if you like it or not.  :)  if anyone even breaths in that thread it will email you...  :)

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #2061 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:54:05 »

What the hell.

Wait, did the "Sorry you missed out, Bro" sale occur then?  I've been houding that Official Sale Thread for days watching for any updates talking about when the raffle would be and saw nothing...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2062 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:07:55 »

What the hell.

use notification on tapatalk.  it will notify you if you like it or not.  :)  if anyone even breaths in that thread it will email you...  :)

Mine's at 1167 unread notifications.  I don't use it much :))

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #2063 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:14:25 »

What the hell.

Wait, did the "Sorry you missed out, Bro" sale occur then?  I've been houding that Official Sale Thread for days watching for any updates talking about when the raffle would be and saw nothing...

It seems that nothing happened yet.
... ...

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #2064 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:14:07 »
Get a lightbox, man.

I have one, but personally I think the best shots are when desk items are in the background. Seeing the edge of my interface or a cable adds a nice touch.

I'd use a light box (light tent) when I am selling something or trying to display a created product/project.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2065 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:34:34 »

What the hell.

Mine's at 1167 unread notifications.  I don't use it much :))

Haha. Ya, I only have two relatively inactive threads setup in there so it stays reasonable. I learned that quick.

Offline tbc

« Reply #2066 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:11:46 »
guys....i KNOW you are out there improperly storing your zombros.

zombros need to be kept chilled or they start to misbehave.

so please, fellow bros, PM me, the official zombro habitat manager of The Great Big Igloo ('Canada' is what people like to call us...just silly if you ask me), and I promise to keep this zombro menace away from your dear V2s and clacks.

tl;dr

pm me so we can trade your zombros for my zombie victims :)

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #2067 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 10:23:48 »
Had little competition between Signature Plastics order and Brocaps package. Why it has to be mah bro losing?  :'( Well SP was a bubble mailer which can explain why I am still waiting for the brocap.

70937-0

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2068 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:54:28 »
****!!! I miss the raffle, didn't I...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2069 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:59:05 »

I don't think it went up...unless I missed it too.  :-X
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline runcom

• Topre lover
« Reply #2070 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:59:47 »

I don't think it went up...unless I missed it too.  :-X
Same here
Don't be a dumbass, always be kind to people, here and afk

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2071 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:03:27 »
I'm becoming more and more convinced that I missed it too :'(

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2072 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:28:44 »
I highly doubt we have missed anything, Brocaps seems to remove posts on the sale thread once its over and move it to the previous sale post in the thread until that happens you have not, also he tends to give a lot of warning, I'm sure it will be soon anyway all this waiting means is that he has more time to make more bro? Maybe adding more to the sale giving more people a chance :D
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2073 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:35:11 »
hopefully we'll hear something about the raffle sale, been a few days w/out any news

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2074 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 12:58:35 »
I'm becoming more and more convinced that I missed it too :'(

I dont think you missed it. I stalk the Bro Caps threads almost constantly ( :pokerface: ) and haven't seen anything to suggest the raffle already happened.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2075 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 13:55:21 »
It hasn't happened yet.

Calm ye jims.

Offline Seahawk

• Rubber Dome Enthusiast
« Reply #2076 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 01:19:05 »

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #2077 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:03:53 »
I just noticed the Official Sale Thread has been updated with a link to ctrlalt.io where the sale will be, but I cannot find the sale.  Anybody have any luck?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2078 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:04:58 »
I just noticed the Official Sale Thread has been updated with a link to ctrlalt.io where the sale will be, but I cannot find the sale.  Anybody have any luck?

Patience. Site hasn't been updated yet.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #2079 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:15:50 »
The raffle will be interesting, and probably more fair to people. Although there will probably be a large influx of people vying to get caps, so they may be harder to get.

I'll miss the countdown to clicking send though. That is a huge rush, like hearing my heart pound in my ears rush, and I've been super lucky the last 3 or 4 of them. I'll miss them, but I'm glad I got to do a few before it went away.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2080 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 11:58:25 »

https://ctrlalt.io/bro-caps

Nothing there yet, but that is probably going to be the page...

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #2081 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:34:48 »
The raffle will be interesting, and probably more fair to people. Although there will probably be a large influx of people vying to get caps, so they may be harder to get.

I'll miss the countdown to clicking send though. That is a huge rush, like hearing my heart pound in my ears rush, and I've been super lucky the last 3 or 4 of them. I'll miss them, but I'm glad I got to do a few before it went away.

at least for this first one, it will only be open to people who entered the july 5 sale but didn't make it.

just don't post it to reddit :p

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2082 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:44:52 »
ERMAHGERD I GOT A V1 FROM LEESOFI'S GIVEAWAY I'M SO HAPPY
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #2083 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:46:09 »

at least for this first one, it will only be open to people who entered the july 5 sale but didn't make it.

just don't post it to reddit :p

I thought this will now be open to all who weren't successful in the last sale regardless if they sent an email or not.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2084 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:55:15 »
Calm thy jimmies.

If you didn't make it into the Independence Day sale you'll be eligible for this sale. That means if you entered and didn't win, you'll be eligible, and if you didn't enter at all, you'll be eligible.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2085 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:18:34 »

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2086 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:22:34 »
Signed up for raffle :3

Now to pray to RNGesus.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2087 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:41:33 »
Is anyone else having trouble getting their ticket to stay in order? Mine keeps changing priority on me when I go to finish up... that normal?  :confused:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2088 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:44:12 »
Is anyone else having trouble getting their ticket to stay in order? Mine keeps changing priority on me when I go to finish up... that normal?  :confused:

when you get your confirmation they will be in the correct order

that is a small bug we are working on

nothing to worry about
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2089 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:47:51 »

when you get your confirmation they will be in the correct order

that is a small bug we are working on

nothing to worry about
Awesome!  :thumb:

Thank you so much [CTRL]ALT team and Bro Caps for doing this; very excited about the new format, it looks great and I think it's wonderful more people will have a shot at these!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2090 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:48:03 »
Bunch of fixes incoming.

Thanks for hanging in there everyone.

Offline iapache

Brobot Therapy
« Reply #2091 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 14:04:16 »
Question do we have to write the caps list in which we want in the notes section?

Poker II

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #2092 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 14:32:05 »
Great news, big up to the CTRL ALT team!

Got my ticket right now. I have a feeling - as always - that it will be this sale to get my first Brobot. If not, there's always another one.
... ...

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #2093 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:50:02 »
"An Effen Great Topre Pack"

OH LAWD
RETIRED

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2094 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:50:38 »
Great to see all this hard work and dedication. You guys are awesome.

Unfortunately this is going to make it harder for me to win bros, but I think that's fair. I was fortunate with the old system, but this is more fair to everyone.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2095 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:50:41 »

OH LAWD

Right? Really curious to know what that is.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2096 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:51:01 »

OH LAWD

I know, right??   :eek:

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #2097 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:53:40 »
This is going to be the longest two days as of recent.  :))

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2098 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:55:28 »
This is going to be the longest two days as of recent.  :))

wonder if winners will directly be announced after the 2 days or if it will take longer like on ek sales :D

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #2099 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 15:55:49 »

OH LAWD

I know, right??   :eek:

That thing screamed, 'PICK ME!'
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues