Author Topic: FK-8000 with working calculator, £25 BIN  (Read 1542 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
FK-8000 with working calculator, £25 BIN
« on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:06:11 »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGITRONIC-CLICKY-KEYBOARD-MODEL-K-8000-WITH-BUILT-IN-CALCULATOR-/321812145153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aed7fa401

The board is not rare, but it's not very often you see one with a working calculator, and the price is very nice. I'd get it myself if I wasn't (famously) holding out for a 5001 or 9000 to review xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: FK-8000 with working calculator, £25 BIN
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 07:23:15 »
Dang, Chyros, I'm getting very impatient for you to demonstrate one of those built-in calculators. When you finally do, I'd like to put in a request for not only examples of addition and subtraction, but of multiplication and division as well. Perhaps you'll even be willing to announce the operands and results as you go, and—although this may be asking a bit much—to put the memory functions through their paces. You're the only guy we know who can make those sorts of things sound like Shakespeare.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 09:03:34 »
Dang, Chyros, I'm getting very impatient for you to demonstrate one of those built-in calculators. When you finally do, I'd like to put in a request for not only examples of addition and subtraction, but of multiplication and division as well. Perhaps you'll even be willing to announce the operands and results as you go, and—although this may be asking a bit much—to put the memory functions through their paces. You're the only guy we know who can make those sorts of things sound like Shakespeare.
Hahaha I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that xD .

I assume you've seen my FK-8000 review in which I did exactly that? XD

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 23:06:57 »
Aw, you're just teasing. Of course I've seen your 8000 review—hasn't everyone? Unfortunately the calculator on that one wasn't working too well, so you couldn't hold forth properly, calc-demo-wise. Thus we all have our fingers crossed for this other one (which makes it difficult to type, BTW).
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 04:10:00 »
Aw, you're just teasing. Of course I've seen your 8000 review—hasn't everyone? Unfortunately the calculator on that one wasn't working too well, so you couldn't hold forth properly, calc-demo-wise. Thus we all have our fingers crossed for this other one (which makes it difficult to type, BTW).
Hahaha I know right?! xD

Hope I can Shakespeare up some other models soon! xD

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 03:11:12 »
You know that if Shakespeare were around today, he'd be using a computer. Enough with the quill stuff already.