Author Topic: [IC] GMK Minimal 2 - Launching August 2nd  (Read 120161 times)

Offline wiredPANDA

Re: [IC] GMK Minimall
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 20:48:12 »
Response submitted. Glad someone pointed me in this direction. I need a solid set of WoB keys.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline harlekein

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 03:35:12 »
Am i the only one who likes the new arrows? I say keep em as is

I expect most people prefer the new ones. It's just the people who are really attached to OG Cherry look for some reason are very vocal about it.

I am really on the fence for this kit. I would buy it with the hope that there will be a BoW Colevrak kit in the future like the WoB kit running now. I guess it'll depend on the final price.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 April 2020, 03:39:42 by harlekein »

Offline dibkib

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 03:54:15 »
It might be time for me to pick up a set...

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 07:06:46 »

I expect most people prefer the new ones. It's just the people who are really attached to OG Cherry look for some reason are very vocal about it.

Just by looking at the base kit I didn't even notice the change at first. Personally I wont be getting an accent kit since the arrow alignment and accent keys aren't very important to me.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 07:10:39 »
I actually like the new arrows but since I already have a R1 minimal set, I won’t be getting them. Kind of disappointing that the only way to get them would be to buy a full new base kit. I agree with the sentiment that the OG arrows should be moved to the base and new arrows in the extensions.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:30:38 »
I understand some people prefer the OG style off arrows, we weren't originally planning on adding them but did for this reason. But, out of the current form entries the people who voted yes form far from a majority out of total votes. I suspect that will change even more once the form gets shared to other platforms considering the more "OG" audience of Geekhack so I don't think switching around the places would be the right call.
Seriously though, there is. We strongly feel like it's the better design decision, text is centred so arrows are too. Like I said before, I understand some people strongly prefer the OG style arrows and that's why we added the option even though we weren't planning on it. I don't think basing kit design for 100% of people around the small percentage of people who would both have bought the BoW mod kit without having a set to use it on or the handful of people looking to combine this with R1 Minimal is a good choice.

Keep in mind that the percentage of people filling out the form who actually end up purchasing the set is likely going to be higher for people coming from Geekhack compared to other platforms. And in general, some people will fill out the form just for the heck of it, without necessarily caring about the set; or just being driven by momentary hype, which is fickle and may wear off by the time the GB rolls around. We probably care about the set enough if we take the time to offer constructive criticism in hopes of improving the set and, thus, the value for money we get. (Except for Emir, he just likes taking every opportunity he gets to **** on centered mods. :D)

That, combined with the fact that the relevant question in the form wasn't phrased in a way that would allow you to definitively draw such a conclusion, tells me that you shouldn't be too quick in writing off direct feedback like that.

Realistically speaking, though, I'd wager that the majority of buyers won't care about the arrows either way in the end. So, why not listen to those that do care and score yourself a few easy wins (kit purchases), and make those customers happy?
And here's an honest question, which may or may not be indicative of anything: how much feedback have you received that's in favor of keeping centered arrows in base? I don't expect it to be much, since people have a tendency to complain about the things they don't like more than comment on what they do like, but I'm wondering if there was any significant feedback in that direction at all.

Also, way to turn your back on people who supported you in R1 and were looking to support you again. That doesn't leave a very good impression.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:57:28 by konstantin »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:43:13 »
I understand some people prefer the OG style off arrows, we weren't originally planning on adding them but did for this reason. But, out of the current form entries the people who voted yes form far from a majority out of total votes. I suspect that will change even more once the form gets shared to other platforms considering the more "OG" audience of Geekhack so I don't think switching around the places would be the right call.
Seriously though, there is. We strongly feel like it's the better design decision, text is centred so arrows are too. Like I said before, I understand some people strongly prefer the OG style arrows and that's why we added the option even though we weren't planning on it. I don't think basing kit design for 100% of people around the small percentage of people who would both have bought the BoW mod kit without having a set to use it on or the handful of people looking to combine this with R1 Minimal is a good choice.

Keep in mind that the percentage of people filling out the form who actually end up purchasing the set is likely going to be higher for people coming from Geekhack compared to other platforms. And in general, some people will fill out the form just for the heck of it, without necessarily caring about the set; or just being driven by momentary hype, which is fickle and may wear off by the time the GB rolls around. We probably care about the set enough if we take the time to offer constructive criticism in hopes of improving the set and, thus, the value for money we get. (Except for Emir, he just likes taking every opportunity he gets to **** on centered mods. :D)

That, combined with the fact that the relevant question in the form wasn't phrased in a way that would allow you to definitively draw such a conclusion, tells me that you shouldn't be too quick in writing off direct feedback like that.

Realistically speaking, though, I'd wager that the majority of buyers won't care about the arrows either way in the end. So, why not listen to those that do care and score yourself a few easy wins (kit purchases), and make those customers happy?
And here's an honest question, which may or may not be indicative of anything: how much feedback have you received that's in favor of keeping centered arrows in base? I don't expect it to be much, since people have a tendency to complain about the things they don't like more than comment about what they do like, but I'm wondering if there was any significant feedback in that direction at all.

Also, way to turn your back on people who supported you in R1 and were looking to support you again. That doesn't leave a very good impression.

He said it's not going to happen, just give up. He and Dixie strongly feel like it's the better design decision (lol). Just respect it and leave it at that, I will. :)

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 13:30:23 »
Somehow I’ve said more than anyone on this IC without actually saying anything.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 14:44:04 »
Haha wow this is great Jang. I'll buy!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 15:51:24 »
Somehow I’ve said more than anyone on this IC without actually saying anything.
Your silence is deafening!

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 16:13:47 »
I love it and will definitely be in the groupbuy.

Although, I think thought alternate keycaps would look a little nicer if the colours were a little more washed out and not so bold.

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 16:25:02 »

I am really on the fence for this kit. I would buy it with the hope that there will be a BoW Colevrak kit in the future like the WoB kit running now. I guess it'll depend on the final price.

Some of us grew up with the OG Cherry keyboards that used the older legends. It's a nice throwback to continue using them (ie one of the allures of GMK), though I personally won't boycott a set that uses the newer ones if I like the set enough; ie I bought MoDo Light.

Offline KrasH

• Instagram Profile
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 17:12:59 »
I love it and will definitely be in the groupbuy.

Although, I think thought alternate keycaps would look a little nicer if the colours were a little more washed out and not so bold.

For me: the more accent kits the better, I'd be down to buy the bold and washed out it there were two offered.

Offline SwoodGrommet

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 18:04:51 »
Thought I'd suggest a bit darker green for better legibility. Somewhere in between current green and 9009  :)

239988-0

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 20:57:26 »
For me: the more accent kits the better, I'd be down to buy the bold and washed out it there were two offered.

Hmmm.. i would buy both as well haha.

Offline vocal118

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 22:31:00 »
zf,please

Offline BMO

• My Design Portfolio
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 07:09:08 »
Love this set! Would love to get a modifiers set  :))

Offline laurentqro

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 08:14:16 »
yes

Offline Malabogia

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 21:03:40 »
The only thing issue I see for people who have R1 is that if they want to get the new arrows in addition to their first set they will have to buy the whole base kit, or go out of their way to find someone who doesn't care much about it and is willing to trade arrows. That's the only thing that doesn't make much sense to me. Other than that I'm glad to see this set out for people who missed out on R1 and not having to pay outrageous prices. Accent colors are a little too bright imo.

Offline Carcha

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 07:57:19 »
I'm in as long as norde is on the table!

Offline artophe

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 12:31:17 »
I'm definitely in too ! :thumb:

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 14:22:00 »
Minimall White Bongo Cat With Crazy Eye Brows Please.  ^-^ :)) :-*

Offline benbenben

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 15:24:03 »
I'd love to get in on this set, but any chance on getting a ISO accent colour set as well?

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 18:27:17 »
Blank white deskmat? I'd buy.

Offline Dafraz117

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 20:53:43 »
Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 22:16:08 »
Those keys were more so meant to give people another option, they're the technically correct keys but sets have always used the simplified version so that's what we defaulted too. The R3 \| key is for ISO-US right, that seems to have an incredibly small userbase.

Not that flawed argument again...

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 10:16:37 »
Decided against picking up Bleached, instead will be picking up 2 sets of Minimall
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 11:36:36 »

I would too but I worry I'd turn it into a deskmat for GMK Cafe in a week or two

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 12:03:41 »

I would too but I worry I'd turn it into a deskmat for GMK Cafe in a week or two

I have god speed reverse panda at work and I can confirm that this thing gets dirty easily very quickly
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline leftykeys

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 14:09:29 »
so simple and can go with damn near any board. ready for r2

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 20:51:36 »
planning on getting most of this set ++

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 01:15:21 »
Very interested in this set, this would be perfect for me who wants to mix and match keycaps.

Offline martensson

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 06:50:50 »
Monochrome accents would be really nice, like Modo Light Alternate. Would much prefer that than the color accent kit, specially for that minimalist BW look. Either case a must get set!

Offline azzipa

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:38:36 »
In minority... would love icon modifiers. Likely will buy anyway.

Offline ferociousfox

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 15:38:05 »
So down for this! Base, obscure, command, take my money now!! :D
Would love icon modifiers ala modern dolche light, but still down if not in the cards.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 17:16:03 »
Yes please. I’ll need a light set if I can get one of the polycarbonate think v2’s. Missed out on modern dolch light, so I’m down for this unless I can get a modern dolch light extra.

Offline J__T

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 21:06:43 »
Please reconsider adding an option for an Icon mod kit. I think it'd look great with this set. Black esc and enter keys would be cool too if you're willing to modify the accent kit.

Offline tectonicplate

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 01:41:50 »
Mod blanks would be the alternate mod kit for me. Nothing says minimal more than nothing… plus great compatibility. :)

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 10:01:50 »
Any chance of adding light blue or light orange to the accent kit

Offline Ultimatum

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 10:36:07 »

+1

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 11:29:09 »
also this. I know MoDo blue accents with this set was a popular choice for many, I think it would look great in the accent kit

Offline foysauce_

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 18:36:15 »
Ahh I love the base kit so much, those accents are just so bright and I think the colors would clash with other colors. They remind me of candy wrappers. I wish the colors were either monochrome or a bit more tasteful (like modo accents, something not so starburst-y).

Offline KRY2SOON

• Divine Studios
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 22:28:27 »
Aesthetic...

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 12:42:25 »
Is WS1 a good match to RAMA's U80-A Milk color?

Offline AT

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 23:10:04 »
This is awesome , love the accent kit  :thumb: .

Offline vocal118

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 04:14:31 »
come one,hurry up,zf,please

Offline FireLock

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 06:21:10 »
Any chance this will hit GB before autumn?
Not entirely sure how the process from IC to GB goes, especially under current circumstances. Sincerely stoked that Norde is a possibility though !

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 09:06:16 »
@litster

Here You Go  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2020, 09:08:28 by DuellM »

Offline Ccoelum

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 10:46:58 »
I would love this!

Hope that it’s in CR with L9 or WS1 colorway

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 11:44:35 »
@litster

Here You Go  :thumb:
Show Image

WS2 (GMK Monochrome, GMK Bleached) might be a better match than WS1.