Author Topic: [GB] Funky60 | 60% With a Funky, Normal, Alice 40 and Ortho-Slant Layouts  (Read 4336 times)

Offline JackPikatea

Funky60 Group Buy

Background

Hello everyone! Jack from Pikatea here. About 8 Months ago I designed a keyboard with this funky layout. I personally really like it and use it daily. I realized that the layout might not be for everyone so I made some design decisions to allow for multiple layouts at a very reasonable price. Thank you everyone along the way that have helped bring this to group buy.

Inspiration and Design Language

The design language of the board is obviously very simple. The full bottom weight helps to bring heft and break up the simplicity. You'll notice the weight provides a slight angle change too.

JST connectors connect the matrix board and the MCU board together. The board is entirely thru-hole to keep the price of each individual layout low.

Group Buy Info

* Base Price: $195 USD
* GB open: February 16th 2023 to March 16th 2023
* Estimated Fulfillment: Q4 2023
* Case colors: E-White, Black, Grey, Deep Blue and Red
* Weight options: coated or un-coated
* Layout options: base price of $195 includes 1 soldered layout. Additional layouts can be added for $15-25 USD. You can bundle all 4 layouts for a discount. Hotswap variants are an extra $10 per layout

Specs

* Case: 6063 aluminum in E-White, Grey, Black, Dark Blue, or Red
* Weight: coated or un-coated sandblasted brass
* Plates: FR4, Aluminum, or Poly-carbonate
* Mounting: O-rings or gaskets. Kit comes with O-rings
* PCB: Through hole kit daughterboard, through hole kit matrix board
* Supported Layouts: Funky, Normal, Alice 40 and Ortho slant
* Dampening: Included Polyfil and optional plate foam addon
* Typing Angle: 7.3 Degrees
* Dimensions: 310m x 110mm x 35mm (22mm front height, 32 mm back height)
* Weight: About 3.7 Lbs assembled
* Firmware QMK, VIA, Vial compatible - pre-compiled for Vial
* Carrying Case Included

Full Image Album

Typing and Sound Test
Apologies for the trash quality. Audio really isn't my thing.
* Funky60 Layout
* Everglide V3 Aqua King switches
* GMK seirka R2
* No Foam

* Normal Layout
* Zaku Switches
* GMK Kaiju
* No Foam

Product Page
Discord Server
Instagram
Twitch

Planned Builds
- Dutchmasterw
- Lightning Keyboards
- Nainaigogo
- Georen
- Disastertron
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 February 2023, 21:31:04 by JackPikatea »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Funky60 | 60% With a Funky, Normal, Alice 40 and Ortho-Slant Layouts
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 11:12:19 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline cwlsmith

• Portfolio
Re: [GB] Funky60 | 60% With a Funky, Normal, Alice 40 and Ortho-Slant Layouts
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 February 2023, 15:20:31 »
As soon as I saw this, I knew I was probably going to get it. It's too crazy not to own. I've done plenty of through hole kits, but never one like this with the daughterboard and matrix. Curious about the price. Most of this cost going into the case and weight I would assume? Seems a little higher than normal for a through hole kit. But again, I am assuming that is because the case is fully CNC milled. I would suggest though instead of just adding polyfil as a dampening material, to add in the foam that is being sold as a $10 add on as well. Either way, this is a really cool project.

Offline Uki

Funky layout would be so useful if the top row was just regular. With that bottom row you could have ctrl, win, alt, fn and spacebar under your thumb which is amazing not to mention a few extra keys eg. for some macros. Topr row completely ruins it. Sadly this layout is nothing more than uselsess quirk. I see this as a wasted potential ;_;