Author Topic: My first small project (GamePad)  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Rider_87

My first small project (GamePad)
« on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 10:23:45 »
Hi all!

This is my first project, it's like a small-scale experiment, this help my to realice bigger proyects in the futere.

Besides help me to get experience, it has some advantages.

-Now when I'm playing I'm really comfortable, full keyboard always bothered me a bit when I was play. I put it just below display and display base bothers me.
-I've always played with the cursors, it like me, but some buttons were a bit far, now it's fixed.

-When I don't use pad it will stay over display base and it won't bother.

- Another advantage to have this pad is that now I have more freedom when design full keyboard for dialy use since I don't have to worry about gaming  performance.
- Threaded rods are used to add weight :D, the base is made whit iron too.

I wasn't very careful with cosmetic details because it's a 'experiment', but result is enough decently to stay on my desk.

PD: Coming soonI I will change wire of my monterey haha
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 February 2018, 10:29:28 by Rider_87 »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: My first small project (GamePad)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 10:32:05 »
Welcome to GH!

Interesting selection of switches and plenty of them - looks like a useful little pad :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Rider_87

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 15:19:48 »
Welcome to GH!

Interesting selection of switches and plenty of them - looks like a useful little pad :thumb:

Basically I just play shooters like quake, it work well for me.

Offline fpazos

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 02:09:33 »
Nice project. Strange combination of switches and keycaps, but it looks quite nice. Did you used a keypad for the case or you made it??

Offline Rider_87

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 03:04:20 »
Nice project. Strange combination of switches and keycaps, but it looks quite nice. Did you used a keypad for the case or you made it??

Is this combination so strange? hahaha It's actually very successful for me. Linear are used for keys that you are continuously pressing, for the others, tactil / clicky feedback it's great. Keycap was choised to help keystroke with least hand movement possible and trying to avoid accidental stroke.
I made case, it's made with hight-medium density PCV foam, hand cutting (cutter) and printed template for guide. You can form angles over pvc foam with heat (hot air gun). Assembling all with pvc glue should be solid like a rock :D.
For finisinig I coat all with epoxy resin.

Offline fpazos

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 11:58:08 »

Is this combination so strange? hahaha It's actually very successful for me. Linear are used for keys that you are continuously pressing, for the others, tactil / clicky feedback it's great. Keycap was choised to help keystroke with least hand movement possible and trying to avoid accidental stroke.
I made case, it's made with hight-medium density PCV foam, hand cutting (cutter) and printed template for guide. You can form angles over pvc foam with heat (hot air gun). Assembling all with pvc glue should be solid like a rock :D.
Definitely you know what you are doing hahaha. I never heard of using PVC with the exception of when I was researching materials, It's more common in mock-ups and miniatures. It looks hard to work with.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 12:10:30 »

Definitely you know what you are doing hahaha. I never heard of using PVC with the exception of when I was researching materials, It's more common in mock-ups and miniatures. It looks hard to work with.

Nice. I've considered building an arcade setup back never got around to it.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170