Author Topic: [IC] EPBT Less But Better [UPDATED DEC.3]  (Read 73377 times)

Offline phxrbn

• tech. design. real estate.
Re: [IC] EPBT Less But Better [UPDATED DEC.3]
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 12:38:10 »
Per Kono's update page.

EPBT Less But Better
These are in production and should be finishing in the next month or so, then will take about a month and a half of transit.

Estimated shipping date is Q4 2021.

Offline LordLootus

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 14:11:46 »
Per Kono's update page.

EPBT Less But Better
These are in production and should be finishing in the next month or so, then will take about a month and a half of transit.

Estimated shipping date is Q4 2021.

Ah nice, thanks for sharing that with me buddy.

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 20:05:02 »
Has there been any word on updates and estimated completion dates?

Offline linneverstops

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 23:53:35 »
Has there been any word on updates and estimated completion dates?

According to updates on Kono Store, it was Q4 2021 delivered. They changed it to Mid Q1 2022 delivered.
Full text:
"Estimated production completion is early January, with about a month and a half of transit. Mid Q1 2022 arrival and shipping to customers."

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 16:50:15 »
The set looks fantastic! Any doubts I had about the thin legends/designs paired with dye-sublimation is no more. Super satisfied with the end product and the novelties are very versatile!

Offline whee74

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 14:09:30 »
the simplicity of the set is quite nice. the simple novelties speak to me

Offline bosmuis

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 16:52:48 »
The set looks fantastic! Any doubts I had about the thin legends/designs paired with dye-sublimation is no more. Super satisfied with the end product and the novelties are very versatile!
Show Image
Show Image

Could you provide a picture in a brighter light? I am thinking of preordering a Mammoth75 from Wuque Studio. I want to use it with the Less But Better set (I already purchased) but I can't choose between the black and e-white variant of the board. I'm worried that if I choose e-white, the color of white of the keycaps is too much off in comparison with the board. Do you possibly have any reference material between e-white and the GMK L9 color of the caps? Thank you in advance!

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 19:50:34 »
Praying for pre-orders or extras through Desk Hero. I see Kono has pre-orders open for the base kit and cap alphas, but nothing else, and Desk Hero has nothing as yet... Totally missed this set

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 21:16:16 »
holy crap they look great. my best decision in 2021 was getting these. i got two base sets and one of every other kit.

unfortunately now the shipping has been revised to early Q2. ePBT is really committed to absolutely topping GMK when it comes to covering their customers with feces :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 January 2022, 09:46:41 by DaaDaa »
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline dtywill

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 22:00:31 »
Show Image
Show Image

Could you provide a picture in a brighter light? I am thinking of preordering a Mammoth75 from Wuque Studio. I want to use it with the Less But Better set (I already purchased) but I can't choose between the black and e-white variant of the board. I'm worried that if I choose e-white, the color of white of the keycaps is too much off in comparison with the board. Do you possibly have any reference material between e-white and the GMK L9 color of the caps? Thank you in advance!
I have a mammoth and I put KAT Alpha on it and the whites are indeed a bit different so def worth seeing if this will match. It’s not bad but def different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 09:04:10 »
Show Image
Show Image

Unfortunately i’ve got no sets with stock GMK whites nor a board that has an e-white finish. I’ve taken a photo of the Escape keycap from LBB (right) side by side with what I had such as GMK Apollo (left), some apple products, and various switches with white/opaque/cream housings (cream, mauve, HP, U4T).

Hope it’s of some use!

I’ve thrown the set on a matte black board from SwitchCouture temporarily, and intend to pair it with a white/cream board as well or possibly navy!
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 January 2022, 09:08:02 by CrlaoSvloadr »

Offline bosmuis

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 10:44:30 »
Show Image
Show Image

I have a mammoth and I put KAT Alpha on it and the whites are indeed a bit different so def worth seeing if this will match. It’s not bad but def different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your answer. This is what I initially thought. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I made up my mind and bought the black version of the Mammoth75.

Offline bosmuis

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 11:00:03 »
Show Image
Show Image

Unfortunately i’ve got no sets with stock GMK whites nor a board that has an e-white finish. I’ve taken a photo of the Escape keycap from LBB (right) side by side with what I had such as GMK Apollo (left), some apple products, and various switches with white/opaque/cream housings (cream, mauve, HP, U4T).

Hope it’s of some use!
Show Image

I’ve thrown the set on a matte black board from SwitchCouture temporarily, and intend to pair it with a white/cream board as well or possibly navy!
Show Image

Thank you so much! This is perfect. The comparison with the Airpods case made my day. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I don't think I would like the 'brighter' or 'cooler' white of the e-white board with the warmer tone of the caps. I ordered the black one. But, the thought of using such a keycap set/color with a navy board isn't a bad one! I will search for the combination for my next board for sure.

Again, thank you for the detailed photo's!

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 01:27:20 »
I am very curious to know the number of units sold in total across all vendors.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Caspid

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 18:05:09 »
I like the base set.

Not sure how I feel about backspace, tab, and enter not ending in arrows. I think they could still have arrows and maintain the aesthetic.

Icon-only mods would complement the minimalist style very well.

Will this be ABS or PBT?
I'd love a dark version in PBT.

The whole "07. less" novelty section could be done without. It's the opposite of minimal, and much too loud. Same with the color dots; perhaps just a black dot, black square, black diamond, and outline versions.
The novelties are way too busy for me ; disrupts the minimalism.

I guess this was already made and shipped. Oops.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 20:07:56 »
I like the base set.

Not sure how I feel about backspace, tab, and enter not ending in arrows. I think they could still have arrows and maintain the aesthetic.

Icon-only mods would complement the minimalist style very well.

Will this be ABS or PBT?
I'd love a dark version in PBT.

The whole "07. less" novelty section could be done without. It's the opposite of minimal, and much too loud. Same with the color dots; perhaps just a black dot, black square, black diamond, and outline versions.
The novelties are way too busy for me ; disrupts the minimalism.

I guess this was already made and shipped. Oops.

lol it is indeed a little too late to feedback on the design but you can still buy the base kit on kono, they have a few left.

I am very curious to see how many base kits was produced.

Offline ShaunnyBoy

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 14:02:08 »
Any update on delivery?

Offline stomaha

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 08:52:20 »
I’m confused as to the shipping status of this. It looks like some people received kits in Feb, but there sales on Deskhero/Kono still show as pre-orders?

Offline modeseven

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 00:14:13 »
Here is the reply I received from KBDFans:

Some kits of these keycaps set have not arrived at our warehouse, so we have not shipped the GB orders. Please be patient, it will not take long. We will email you after shipped your order.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 17:19:12 »
any news on when kono buyers can expect the sets?

Offline Jung

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 20:58:59 »
Emailed my vendor (Daily Clack) last night and received this swift response

These keycaps had production issues and while it was produced earlier in the year, there were issues with keycaps and specific kits that needed to be replaced and remade.
This extended the delivery time for a few vendors, including Daily Clack, by many months.

From what I understand, the fix kits are finished and are being sent to us with the main kits in the coming months.

Looks like it'll be a while, folks.

Offline TekNiq

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 00:00:36 »
Loving the design language, but then again, how can you not love anything so heavily influenced by Dieter Rams?

Offline Yung Thelonious

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 00:49:05 »
This set is money, nicely done.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 July 2022, 01:10:20 by Yung Thelonious »

Offline Jung

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 28 September 2022, 23:42:00 »
Just got shipping notification from Daily Clack. If anyone wants to see QC just ping here.