Author Topic: [IC] TMO50 keyboard  (Read 159833 times)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 10:07:44 »

That's what I figured. Will we be seeing full board anodization samples in the chosen colours by the time the GB starts?

Also I got a little too excited and I remapped the colours in one of the photos of the green board to the colours of the green anodization sample photo, just to see what happened. Sharing it here in case anyone else is curious, although obviously this is my own image processing and not a real board:

Show Image

Oh, interesting! It looks lighter than the samples.

About the GB colours - unfortunately no, I'm not doing sample boards in the GB colours. But the finish and consistency is great so I trust that real boards will be great and in the correct colour.

That lilac or light purple is amazing.

You mean the full alu board with a dark plate? One of my favourites from the bunch, even though I love them all! :D
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #551 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 10:15:06 »

About the GB colours - unfortunately no, I'm not doing sample boards in the GB colours. But the finish and consistency is great so I trust that real boards will be great and in the correct colour.

The small variations in shades add to the uniqueness of the boards.  :thumb:

Offline lunr

« Reply #552 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 12:59:08 »
Yar and the one with the polycarb plate and bottom. Not sure if they are different colours or just the lighting. Wish you would offer that colour though!

You mean the full alu board with a dark plate? One of my favourites from the bunch, even though I love them all! :D

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #553 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 13:26:31 »
Yar and the one with the polycarb plate and bottom. Not sure if they are different colours or just the lighting. Wish you would offer that colour though!

It's a white box photo booth so lightning is the same in all photos. :D I'd like to offer all of the colours but I need to draw a line somewhere. 6 colours and material and individual part options will hard to keep track of already.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #554 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 14:39:33 »

It's a white box photo booth so lightning is the same in all photos. :D I'd like to offer all of the colours but I need to draw a line somewhere. 6 colours and material and individual part options will hard to keep track of already.

Do as Henry Ford did. "You can get your T-Model in any color you want, as long as it is black."

Offline kakan

« Reply #555 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 16:45:53 »

Do as Henry Ford did. "You can get your T-Model in any color you want, as long as it is black."

and produce keyboards every 93 minutes in the millions :D

Offline Starius

« Reply #556 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 19:54:02 »

A bit off topic here, but in 1926 my great grandfather and his family packed up, left the family farm, and moved to California where he painted Model T Fords.
Before long, he ended up hating it out there and promptly moved the family back home to the farm in Iowa. 

So, apparently painting Model T Fords wasn't for everyone either. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #557 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 20:03:51 »

and produce keyboards every 93 minutes in the millions :D

That's so. :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #558 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 20:05:23 »

A bit off topic here, but in 1926 my great grandfather and his family packed up, left the family farm, and moved to California where he painted Model T Fords.
Before long, he ended up hating it out there and promptly moved the family back home to the farm in Iowa. 

What an awesome piece of history. I'll share it with my Manufacturing Engineering Students this week.  :thumb:  May i say: I friend of mine once told me...? They may be very impressed.

Offline Starius

« Reply #559 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 20:39:40 »

What an awesome piece of history. I'll share it with my Manufacturing Engineering Students this week.  :thumb:  May i say: I friend of mine once told me...? They may be very impressed.

Hah, well, I don't know if it's much of a story, but feel free to use it.   I still have a copy of the 1926 farm auction bill when he tried to sell the farm. I don't know the details, but it must not have sold because he moved back to it when he returned from California and I'm living on it now.  It wasn't all that long before the great depression, so perhaps things were already getting bad leading up to that point. 

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #560 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 21:20:44 »
Man whoever got that blue TMO has good taste  :thumb:
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #561 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:35:46 »
Sorry for the double post but I'd like to confirm - 6TH COLOUR IS HAPPENING. PINK IT IS.

I can't believe that geekhack would betray me like this and stop sending my notifications RIGHT WHEN THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS OF MY LIFE HAPPENS

That pink looks amazing I'm so happy!!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:38:40 by gilmoregrills »

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #562 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:38:11 »
Sorry for the double post but I'd like to confirm - 6TH COLOUR IS HAPPENING. PINK IT IS.

I can't believe that geekhack would betray me like this and stop sending my notifications RIGHT WHEN THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS OF MY LIFE HAPPENS

**** YEAH so excited for this
I'll post the pantone colour tonight but it'll be called "Rose Goldia".

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #563 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:40:25 »

**** YEAH so excited for this

sorry to snake you and edit my post lmao

I loved the rose gold Pearls that have been floating around, so this is basically a dream come true :')

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #564 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 01:41:06 »

Oh no. The only colour option that might make me seriously reconsider whether I want to get the board in green... is rose gold. Dangit funderburker you're making this very difficult :D

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #565 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 01:52:36 »

Oh no. The only colour option that might make me seriously reconsider whether I want to get the board in green... is rose gold. Dangit funderburker you're making this very difficult :D
Easy! Get both!

Offline mushubanane

« Reply #566 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 10:04:06 »
Can't wait, it's hard not to get tempted by other stuff like the HHKB Tofu or Kumo in the meantime  :confused:

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #567 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 15:51:33 »
Hey guys!

It's been a week with no updates, sorry about that.

Due to some personal reasons I've been extremely busy and am a tiny bit behind the schedule with the plans I had for last and this week.

I've yet to make a business as the money involved in this GB most definitely isn't small change that I can just push through my personal bank account without government checking in. I'm planning to go through this process next week. In about that time there should be a couple of finished founder boards too so I'll have final feedback on small changes if there is any to be made. If any issue arises that is a minor fix and doesn't change anything in the design or the pcb, it'll be fixed while GB sign-up phase happens.

I'm truly sorry about another minor setback but life is life and I don't want to rush the final steps of the project.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #568 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 16:21:24 »
Hey guys!

It's been a week with no updates, sorry about that.

Due to some personal reasons I've been extremely busy and am a tiny bit behind the schedule with the plans I had for last and this week.

I've yet to make a business as the money involved in this GB most definitely isn't small change that I can just push through my personal bank account without government checking in. I'm planning to go through this process next week. In about that time there should be a couple of finished founder boards too so I'll have final feedback on small changes if there is any to be made. If any issue arises that is a minor fix and doesn't change anything in the design or the pcb, it'll be fixed while GB sign-up phase happens.

I'm truly sorry about another minor setback but life is life and I don't want to rush the final steps of the project.

Take your time. My wallet is enjoying the ride while it lasts. She knows its end is coming.  :))

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #569 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 17:40:34 »
Agreed, don't worry at all about the delays! Take your time, do things right, and don't stress yourself out on our account!
(.....plus, yes, the wallet thing ;))

Offline Lormania

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 19:39:50 »
Take your time! So many buys going on that this is actually welcomed :)

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #571 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 04:47:18 »
August is ending up being an expensive month so a little delay is kinda welcome ;) Thanks for the update!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #572 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:30:55 »
What an amazing project. I'd forgotten all about it since June, so was amazing to follow the progress and discussions up to this point.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 12:14:00 »
Is the TMO50's width larger than that of a regular sixty? Would the style compensate for the loss of the top number row? I really like the design; yet, I can touch-typing on the alphas; but, I need visual clue for the symbols. All this waiting time allows for some thinking.  :(

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #574 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 14:58:41 »

What an amazing project. I'd forgotten all about it since June, so was amazing to follow the progress and discussions up to this point.

Please do follow as there's starting to pop up some finished "founders" boards. That means we're really closing phase of testing some and in the meantime I'm doing final company stuff.

Is the TMO50's width larger than that of a regular sixty? Would the style compensate for the loss of the top number row? I really like the design; yet, I can touch-typing on the alphas; but, I need visual clue for the symbols. All this waiting time allows for some thinking.  :(

Well, from top of my head it's about 0.25u wider than a 60% but that's due to the macro column and indicator strip. The layout will need some small adjustment but that's why symbols are hidden without any real compromise (all numbers and their corresponding symbols are in one line).

P.S. Once I have some good footage of a typing test and built board beauty shots, I hope that'll convince you back into the GB. :D

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 19:22:24 »
can't wait to see full-built board shots and typing tests! :D

Offline cucgach

« Reply #576 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 20:09:34 »
i'm in definitely after this spot this in VNMK fb grp.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Sat, 18 August 2018, 21:35:41 by cucgach »
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #577 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 02:57:07 »
Show Image

Oh, first builds are starting to pop up :)

That's a full alu board with alu plate and some Nixies just for the info. :)

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #578 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 03:00:46 »
Show Image

Oh, first builds are starting to pop up :)

That's a full alu board with alu plate and some Nixies just for the info. :)

That board is beautiful!! I definately need one in purple.  :thumb:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #579 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 03:06:46 »
Show Image

Sexy! :D

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #580 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 12:56:27 »
Goddd that looks ****en amazing!! Can't wait to see some more builds  ;D

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #581 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 01:02:51 »
I've seen the prototype at Seattle and have read through the various pages of this interest check. The more I look at it, the more it encourages me attempt the dive towards sub-60% layouts.

I have officially signed up to watch the thread and to be notified. :thumb:

Color me interested for the GB, as long as it stays at an affordable price range.

Offline mushubanane

« Reply #582 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 09:54:44 »
Aren't there any other pictures from founders boards  :) ?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #583 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 14:55:52 »

Some IRL photos!

Comparison photo with another board (can't remember what exactly!)

Vewy Nice's board (credit to vewy nice)

Wokechill's board (unbuilt)
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 August 2018, 15:02:20 by funderburker »

Offline cucgach

« Reply #584 on: Tue, 21 August 2018, 18:24:04 »
This and a leather case/pouch will be the best for mobility
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #585 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 11:00:26 »

Some IRL photos!

Show Image

Comparison photo with another board (can't remember what exactly!)

Show Image

Vewy Nice's board (credit to vewy nice)

Show Image

Wokechill's board (unbuilt)

Looks awesome! I love the TMO50 print on the side

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #586 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 12:29:53 »
Is there a date for the GB?

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #587 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 13:37:12 »

SOON (TM)

Unfortunately there is an issue with the founders PCBs (hand-soldered ones, not factory made) so there's been quite a delay to get them back to the person who assembled them and then back to US proxy so she can send out everyone's complete packages. It's was a small issue but it's set the final testing and finishing configuration quite a bit. Boards should've been with founders early to mid August but well... it is what it is. I'm extremely bummed that there's been a delay but I'll provide GB pricing for everything this week (possibly without shipping costs)

On a positive note - I've talked with Zfrontier and he's happy to help out with being this GBs Asia proxy. That means TMO50 will have both US and Asia proxies and me for covering Europe.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 August 2018, 13:41:57 by funderburker »

Offline cucgach

« Reply #588 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 14:34:59 »
Awesome! Hoping the price is not totally destroy my wallet. With zF being Asia proxy, a wide range of customer exposed

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #589 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 15:06:38 »

SOON (TM)

Unfortunately there is an issue with the founders PCBs (hand-soldered ones, not factory made) so there's been quite a delay to get them back to the person who assembled them and then back to US proxy so she can send out everyone's complete packages. It's was a small issue but it's set the final testing and finishing configuration quite a bit. Boards should've been with founders early to mid August but well... it is what it is. I'm extremely bummed that there's been a delay but I'll provide GB pricing for everything this week (possibly without shipping costs)

On a positive note - I've talked with Zfrontier and he's happy to help out with being this GBs Asia proxy. That means TMO50 will have both US and Asia proxies and me for covering Europe.

Big congrats on the proxy confirmation, makes it a lot easier for more friends to join  :)

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #590 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 18:01:22 »
Can’t wait for the GB!!

Offline dimo

« Reply #591 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 23:19:08 »
Is the 50 unit maximum still a thing?

definitely in (:

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #592 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 01:00:44 »
SOON (TM)...

Sorry to hear about the Founder's Edition PCBs, but I hope they'll be able to enjoy the board in its entirety soon!

Excited for the group buy. Hopefully my first tiny board  ;D

Offline hndle

« Reply #593 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 06:34:39 »
I'm ready for this :p

Offline hndle

« Reply #594 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 12:06:51 »
When will you provide the pricing?

Offline cucgach

« Reply #595 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 21:34:03 »
Hopeful it will be $200 price tag..

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #596 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 08:40:44 »
Due to personal matters I'm putting a hold on the GB. I truly am sad about this but... I will be back when I'm ready. This WILL happen sometime.

Offline cucgach

« Reply #597 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 08:44:36 »
Due to personal matters I'm putting a hold on the GB. I truly am sad about this but... I will be back when I'm ready. This WILL happen sometime.
Dude, very sorry to hear that. Good luck on everything and hope to see you soon.

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #598 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 08:54:54 »

Oh no! I hope everything's okay. Whenever you do get back to it, consider me in  :thumb:

If anyone wants to sell off a founders edition.... hmu ;)

Offline beekey

« Reply #599 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:45:00 »
Take care, keyboards are not that important. Looking forward to it, whenever you are ready.