Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 889184 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 13:06:05 »

I'm not sure if Priority Mail International is enough.

My experience is that Priority Mail International tracking stops once the package gets to the destination country.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 14:21:40 »
Idk how to properly quote on GH but when chuckdee said this

She also said I can send it Priority Mail Express International if I want to- she was going to get authorization for up to $40 additional, just in case I wanted to do so.  I also asked her about your door-to-door bit, and she said as long as it was online trackable and could serve as proof of delivery it would work, and Priority Mail Express International was good enough, as was DHL.

Does that mean I can use Priority Mail International with USPS instead of Priority Mail EXPRESS International when shipping back the item so I can get my refund?

Show Image

The third option.  I was able to get there by going to https://ircalc.usps.com/ and entering my details.  I'm not sure if Priority Mail International is enough.  I didn't ask.  You should call for yourself and ask.

Ok thanks I'll call them today

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 06:41:25 »

My experience is that Priority Mail International tracking stops once the package gets to the destination country.

This is correct. There is no proof of delivery, period. If you ship this method, you are risking getting no refund at all.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 09:49:22 »

This is correct. There is no proof of delivery, period. If you ship this method, you are risking getting no refund at all.

Sorry to intervene here but the tracking stops on the seller's country carrier website, and then passes on to the buyers country carrier website. please take this into account as most people simply assume the tracking stops once it leaves their country and this is not true. Just though I would share since I've had this experience.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 11:07:15 »

Sorry to intervene here but the tracking stops on the seller's country carrier website, and then passes on to the buyers country carrier website. please take this into account as most people simply assume the tracking stops once it leaves their country and this is not true. Just though I would share since I've had this experience.

Thanks for this info!  How do you make the connection?  Do you know of a reliable way?

I did see this service quoted by other paypal/ebay users that does seem to do it, but I wasn't sure from personal experience.

https://www.packagetrackr.com/

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 11:08:15 »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdp5VngkejeTHM_U8G2JFJUCGYrsgH_-GX1EmXfHx5g/edit?usp=sharing

Updated

Thanks again!  Do you think we need a tab or note for people that sent their order back to G?  Don't want to make it more confusing, but I did at least want to field the question.

Offline ponnx

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 05:44:12 »
Mine is coming. I will check what I get and update it here.

Offline biocalves

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 16:14:02 »
Has anyone from the west coast of the US received their packages from the "sea" mail? I don't have a clue when to expect a package and it's been 3 weeks since he supposedly shipped my goods.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 16:17:30 »
Has anyone from the west coast of the US received their packages from the "sea" mail? I don't have a clue when to expect a package and it's been 3 weeks since he supposedly shipped my goods.

I'm in the exact same position as you. He confirmed to me that it shipped, but provided no tracking. Nothing has arrived (I live in CA). I'll be sure to update this thread if/when  I get anything.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 16:28:52 »

I'm in the exact same position as you. He confirmed to me that it shipped, but provided no tracking. Nothing has arrived (I live in CA). I'll be sure to update this thread if/when  I get anything.

I got my package on the 14th, which was supposedly sea mail. Also received no tracking, but according to the customs label it was shipped on the 1st.

But I only ordered small things. A keycap set, LEDs, SIP sockets and stabs. Only the keyset and some LEDs I didn't ask for came, though.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 17:12:52 »

I got my package on the 14th, which was supposedly sea mail. Also received no tracking, but according to the customs label it was shipped on the 1st.

But I only ordered small things. A keycap set, LEDs, SIP sockets and stabs. Only the keyset and some LEDs I didn't ask for came, though.

Wow that was quick. I only ordered one keyset as well. Hopefully it arrives soon.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 17:33:09 »
I live near Atlanta and am expecting a 10kg box. It is sure to go by the "slow boat" method.

I expect it to take a few days to get to the harbor, a week or 2 sitting on the dock, 2 weeks to cross the ocean, another week or 2 sitting on the dock on the West Coast, and another week to cross the country.

That puts my projected delivery about mid-June. Early June if I am lucky, late-June-early-July otherwise. Until then I can't fret about it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 18:10:08 »
Just a note:  I've already been fully reimbursed for shipping so it's just a matter of waiting on the full refund now.   That rebate company works fast! A note that they put it into your PayPal account

Offline 3K

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 18:18:26 »
I expect it to take a few days to get to the harbor, a week or 2 sitting on the dock, 2 weeks to cross the ocean, another week or 2 sitting on the dock on the West Coast, and another week to cross the country.

That feel when my packages do have a more interesting life than I do.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 14:37:02 »

Los Angeles. Mine took four days, start to finish. Of course, the parcel itself was missing essentially everything, but still - quite fast.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2016, 14:01:13 by shrubkeys »

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 14:45:37 »
Just got an update from PayPal. No response from Gutz, and PP decided to rule in my favor. They gave me the $80 partial discount I asked for (original order was ~$88) and said I wouldn't have to ship anything back to him. If anyone ordered this set of white on green caps (originally from this drop(?) on MD or maybe Mechanical Keybaords (they're the same set, both made by Taiho, I think), I can ship them to you provided you're willing to cover the shipping costs (PP Goods & Services, I cover fees, to avoid more headaches). If no one claims them (or anyone who does can't provide proof of ownership), I'll probably toss them up as a freebie some time next week.

I'll add a picture of the set later.
Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline biocalves

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 15:18:01 »
All the PayPal disputes are for guys who paid through an invoice right? AFAIK idiots like me who went through gift have no recourse?

Offline qwack

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 15:51:10 »
Paid as Goods & Services, not necessarily through an invoice. But yeah, if you sent money as a gift, no buyer protection for you :/

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #269 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 16:13:39 »
Still check. I think you can file- they said they'd likely rule against you, but there was still a chance IIRC. It can't hurt to try

And I would have done as you did timerwin, but the amounts were not that balanced, and I didn't think to just type in a larger amount to receive as a refund. I thought they'd outright rule against you. Good on you for doing that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 21:05:43 »
All the PayPal disputes are for guys who paid through an invoice right? AFAIK idiots like me who went through gift have no recourse?

Mine was a gift too. Sadfaise

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 02:41:51 »
To everyone who paid as a gift, I also think this is an excellent learning experience. I personally have been stiffed before on PayPal transactions through gift, so now I always send through G&S. If the seller refuses to pay the fees, pony up and pay the 3-4% (whatever it is) yourself. In the grand scheme of things, the little extra bit of money is well worth the purchase security.

I'm not trying to make this some kind of "I told you so" or victim blaming moment. I just think that at least something positive (learning) should come out of the ****ty situation some of you have been put in.
Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 10:11:19 »

now I always send through G&S. If the seller refuses to pay the fees, pony up and pay the 3-4% (whatever it is) yourself.

You should never send money as a gift unless it actually is a gift.

Frankly, I don't even want to receive money as a "gift" because it raises a red flag if you get very many of them.

edit - I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks, so if you all want to send me some gift money in a short period of time around mid-June, I will be able to easily explain it to Paypal
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2016, 15:52:15 by fohat.digs »

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 11:16:12 »
As a point, I believe it is worth while filing something with Paypal - claim ignorance, claim something. At the very least make them notice and raise a flag on the fact that Gutz has received many payments in the form of GIFTS as well as G&S.

Inform them that he insisted, quoting that he claimed that paypal tried to force him into a sellers account etc. At the very least, it'll be flagged in their system.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 15:09:48 »
My package got to his address, and I was able to track it using USPS to the destination.  It is listed as incorrect address, and that they are contacting me.  I don't know what Paypal's procedure is from there.  As I said, last time it was returned to me, and they refunded me.  Hopefully, that happens this time also.

Oh, just as an FYI- tracking did work in the country.

(origination information clipped)

« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2016, 15:11:35 by chuckdee »

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 23:41:20 »
Well, I still haven't received a package so I guess I'm ****ed.  **** you berserk.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 02:32:06 »
still waiting too. I've sent a message of proof of transaction to you sky

Offline Tyr

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 02:34:31 »
Well, I still haven't received a package so I guess I'm ****ed.  **** you berserk.

The vast majority of us are still waiting. Singapore Posts gives the average transit time for the sea shipping to my country as 8-15 weeks. So...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 05:46:45 »

The vast majority of us are still waiting. Singapore Posts gives the average transit time for the sea shipping to my country as 8-15 weeks. So...

Mine says 5-7 weeks, but I don't know exactly when (or if) it was actually posted.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tyr

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 05:53:16 »
Mine says 5-7 weeks, but I don't know exactly when (or if) it was actually posted.

I think all packages were posted around the same time in the Great Cleanse. Mine was handed over 30/04 and shipped 04/05. Sucks if you don't have tracking though.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 09:11:10 »

I think all packages were posted around the same time in the Great Cleanse. Mine was handed over 30/04 and shipped 04/05. Sucks if you don't have tracking though.

I don't have tracking or even confirmation that he shipped me anything.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 12:36:26 »
I don't think we have any reports yet that he didn't send anything.  But that's not to say that he didn't treat some people that badly.   

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:55:46 »
A final update from me:

I contacted Paypal about the item being unable to be delivered.  The address returned to was the only one Paypal has on file.  They told me to just inform USPS to have it returned to me, keep my proof of postage, and they were going to close it in my favor, and I would get a full refund.  As I said, I've already received a full refund (from PP and the rebate program) for the postage, so I consider this a win.  Hopefully, others will have similar success.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 17:07:55 »
A final update from me:

I contacted Paypal about the item being unable to be delivered.  The address returned to was the only one Paypal has on file.  They told me to just inform USPS to have it returned to me, keep my proof of postage, and they were going to close it in my favor, and I would get a full refund.  As I said, I've already received a full refund (from PP and the rebate program) for the postage, so I consider this a win.  Hopefully, others will have similar success.

That is interesting. It looks like Paypal will be eating a lot of shipping fees on this one.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 17:08:09 »
A final update from me:

congrats, hopefully others will get this degree of success

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 17:31:44 »
At this point I'm unsure of what I can even do. I sent the payment as a gift to G's paypal account and he acknowledged my payment for my purchase about 5 weeks ago. I never got a shipment notification though. SingPost says delivery time is 6-10 weeks so I guess I'll have to just wait it out.

G, if you're looking at the thread, can you let me know if you've shipped my stuff?

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 23:40:39 »
Sorry I've been quiet here. Things have been beyond busy at work so I just haven't had time. Paypal is also being beyond difficult for many folks by refusing to concede that they have a seller that engaged in widescale fraud. I've basically given Paypal over to the "tender mercies" of my credit card issuer. Who is beyond livid when I provided them proof that Paypal hasn't investigated ****, has more than a dozen disputes open with this one seller at minimum, and KNOWS the address they're demanding items be shipped to is false. If they try any shenanigans there, then they're gonna find out just how inconvenient small claims court is and just how fast I can tip Treasury off to possible money laundering in Southeast Asia.

At this point, if you haven't gotten your items that were allegedly shipped in April? You're not getting anything. We already know for fact he didn't ship a lot of people's items, some of mine included. If you haven't opened a fraud claim stating item not received, do it now. If you get the item, cancel it later. But it is very clear that very very few people at all will be getting any items.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #287 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 00:12:36 »
I also did some quick napkin math to show you all just how massive the fraud is, and how desperately we need good data to get the spreadsheet updated with.

Bezerkfan stole and made away with more than $6,170.50 USD. If we presume an average shipping cost of $30 and the number of received items by box, and 16 received shipments to date, he has spent the grand sum of $480 USD on shipping to unload perhaps $200 of "unk". This means his profitable take based on the evidence at hand is at least $4,690.50 US
There is no proof whatsoever that the Seamail labels he's posted anywhere are not fraudulent or for unrelated shipments. There is nothing whatsoever tying them to a buyer, an item, or even a vague destination. They just say "yep, you shipped something from here."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 01:23:13 »
I also did some quick napkin math to show you all just how massive the fraud is, and how desperately we need good data to get the spreadsheet updated with.

Bezerkfan stole and made away with more than $6,170.50 USD. If we presume an average shipping cost of $30 and the number of received items by box, and 16 received shipments to date, he has spent the grand sum of $480 USD on shipping to unload perhaps $200 of "unk". This means his profitable take based on the evidence at hand is at least $4,690.50 US
There is no proof whatsoever that the Seamail labels he's posted anywhere are not fraudulent or for unrelated shipments. There is nothing whatsoever tying them to a buyer, an item, or even a vague destination. They just say "yep, you shipped something from here."

This is incorrect..

His inventory alone is worth over $3000..

This entire sale has been Profit free from the beginning..

He also Shipped ALLL of the packages.. Just because you did not get them yet,  as many people have not,  DOES NOT mean he did not ship them..  (2-3 weeks sea mail)

Ultimately, YES mistakes were made, 

but you -rootwyrm- are an alarmist pansy... 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 01:26:30 »
This whole thing turned out as badly as it did due largely in part to -Rootwyrm's- actions..

And this entire thread has been him throwing fud that Berserk was a scammer..

WHICH HE CLEARLY is NOT...

We all agree Berserk made mistakes, and his attitude about it wasn't the best..

But through most of it,  he was still in contact and made attempts to fix things..

--ROOTWYRM-- is the person which ultimately prevented actions on part of Berserk..

By being a belligerent Oaf..

IN SUMMARY,   Yes, Berserk fan screwed up..

But the REST OF IT,    --Rootwyrm,,  you did it to your damn self..  and the maliciousness with which you've perpetuated,   has TOOK DOWN the numerous better outcomes possible within this deal for Other people..

By selfishly only looking to preserve your own interests,   You diverted other buyer's course and Mobbed up other users unecessarily

You are  crummy person.. to say the least.. as terrible as Berserk's attitude..

Offline ponnx

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 06:15:26 »
Okay. After wait for the 2 days for the response from Berserkfan.
I got the package on 30th May.
Here is what I ordered.

- Ducky Side Printed keycaps $10 http://imgur.com/Quza3Ec
- Thick PBT colored grab bag $10 for 80 http://imgur.com/5VEWavu PENDING
- WYSE thick keycaps $8-15 http://imgur.com/48oAkGi [/s] PENDING
- 1 x Filco stock keycaps $5  http://imgur.com/5a0mIss
- Grab bags of at least 100 DSA keycaps, mostly red and white blanks but also numpads and novelties $20 http://imgur.com/D73gNWM PENDING
- Cherry Thin PBT – you get 1 set
- Chinese doubleshot keycaps $5 http://imgur.com/DCJITpH  http://imgur.com/89xywVB
- 2 x transparent keycaps are $10 for a bag of 40 1u keycaps
- SP DCS random blanks, grab bags of over 250 each. Free.
- C07. Corsair K95, lubed 60g clears, SIP mod Old Glory Theme, $70 http://imgur.com/73pYdb9  http://imgur.com/C1N9OlJ  http://imgur.com/Na4yyKE
- C10. Filco MJ1 fullsize, stock clears with new PBT doubleshot keycaps, $70 http://imgur.com/eV9FD6j
Take it with its original (worn) Filco keycaps and no PBT doubleshots, only $50.
And F22. Model M M5-2 with top right hand trackball. FREE  http://imgur.com/Xhy0qpr
- New key caps for model M  $20

Just to be honest. At first I was very excited since the package I got is around 9kgs and when I was talk to berserkfan
He said my package would weight around 10 so I actually though I will get what I really order.
But just like others. Not a single one is correct.
I got 2 ibm keyboards, 1 frame for the keyboard, and 2 bags of keycaps.
I tried contact him right away after I got the package. But no respond since.

Here are the pic
http://imgur.com/a/JezD5

Offline Tyr

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 07:16:59 »
But the REST OF IT,    --Rootwyrm,,  you did it to your damn self..  and the maliciousness with which you've perpetuated,   has TOOK DOWN the numerous better outcomes possible within this deal for Other people..

I would've preferred a more gentile approach, more dialogue and at least for the packages to arrive before the pitchforks came out. But this isn't helping either. Rootwyrm and chuckdee have done a lot to organize the data of who ordered what and provide an overview of the situation and to inform others, they deserve credit for that. Everyone's making the best of a lousy situation the best they know how.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 07:19:43 »
This whole thing turned out as badly as it did due largely in part to -Rootwyrm's- actions..

And this entire thread has been him throwing fud that Berserk was a scammer..

WHICH HE CLEARLY is NOT...

We all agree Berserk made mistakes, and his attitude about it wasn't the best..

But through most of it,  he was still in contact and made attempts to fix things..

--ROOTWYRM-- is the person which ultimately prevented actions on part of Berserk..

By being a belligerent Oaf..

IN SUMMARY,   Yes, Berserk fan screwed up..

By selfishly only looking to preserve your own interests,   You diverted other buyer's course and Mobbed up other users unecessarily

You are  crummy person.. to say the least.. as terrible as Berserk's attitude..

I was actually somewhat afraid to say anything, but I have to agree with this.  Rootwrym has been trying to get everyone to file a claim instead of working with berserk from the very beginning.

1+ to you tp  :thumb:

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 07:29:57 »
I would've preferred a more gentile approach, more dialogue and at least for the packages to arrive before the pitchforks came out. But this isn't helping either. Rootwyrm and chuckdee have done a lot to organize the data of who ordered what and provide an overview of the situation and to inform others, they deserve credit for that. Everyone's making the best of a lousy situation the best they know how.

I'm not going to respond to the slanderous, libelous accusations of a teenage troll. He's not worth my time, and frankly, if his abusive counter-productive ****posting isn't removed, I'm more than happy to walk away from helping anyone. I cannot understand why the mods continue to allow such an obnoxious troll here, but I digress.

But apparently some people are complete morons who refuse to accept the fact that from day one beserkfan made it quite clear that he had absolutely no intention of working with anyone or making the least effort to make things right. Before a single claim was filed. Here's the original post that started this thread as a reminder for those morons.

Quote from: beserkfan
Hello Everyone who bought stuff from me

Sorry for the delay. I am working very long hours now. Looks like I cannot retire peacefully from geekhack as planned.

A good many mistakes were made in the shipping out rush. Wife had to send over 80 packages within a few days and she’s not familiar with the descriptions. (And quite fed up too, so she just stuffed packages with whatever seemed right or approximately the same value.)

At least 1 box went out totally wrong because I earmarked a box for that person’s stuff in March. He changed his orders several times so I procrastinated with packing, took out his granite keycaps, white and green switches, and eventually forgot that box hadn’t been packed. This guy had a big order, and he got 0% of his order. Instead he got only the keyboard kit which had occupied the box all along. He got very low value. Now I have no idea how to send him what he ordered.

I do not know what was sent/ mis-sent to any particular person, and am currently unable to trace where the items he/she purchased were sent. It was a great rush to deal with so many complex and changing orders and I was not the one doing it but unfortunate family members. At least 5 people were still changing their orders on May 3; 3 people hadn’t paid and E3E outright refused to pay last minute after trolling me for a week. Several people threw me their addresses but never paid shipping nor responded to reminders.

There were a number of double-sold items. These tended to be cheap items that I didn’t take heed of, had dubious buyers inquiring about them and taking too long to pay, or which had complications like paypal refunds screwing up my records. The most expensive items like scarface keycaps, 87 key zinc blanks and Model M SSK were never double sold. For the double sold items, wife was supposed to just stuff buyers with unsold things because so many things were marked pending but actually unsold thanks to the usual sleazy dibs callers never coming through with payment.

A number of missent items had the correct buyer labelled. I believe the most constructive solution is to contact the intended recipient and send him/her the stuff. Several people I talked to on PM refused this solution, insisting that I refund them fully + pay for the shipping before they would even contemplate sending the legit buyer his property.

Let’s be realistic about this.

I am now very busy and work 7 days a week. I did not expect to be so ultra busy or I would not have planned my sale at this time. I sold things in a great rush and was under pressure to clear my house as planned. Until now I still have uncollected payments!

I do not have money to refund everyone fully. Nor do I have the desire to. I sold many things at literally pennies on the dollar. I gave away many things. I had a terrible selling experience in April. I wish to just walk away from it all.

Wife is angry at me. I deserve the punishment. And I have long vowed to family that I will stay away from geekhack until house is fixed. With my current skills, house won’t be fixed anytime soon.

My paypal account is currently depleted because I had to pull money asap to pay for shipping. There is no money left. See this negative amount? You can squeeze blood from a stone?

After getting a bunch of unconstructive demands from irate buyers, I’m going to be my usual GutzGrouch self. I’ll tell you all the unvarnished truth.

Most of the costs involved shipping. That gives me little room to refund people for wrongly shipped things.

I do not live hand to mouth, and I certainly can put some money back into paypal account to refund dissatisfied people. But I can’t give everyone a full refund. Simple as that. And we won’t know what everyone got until all sea mail packages arrive. Obviously the people who got the least relative to what they were supposed to get, should get priority.

My original goal to clean out my house has been attained. All remaining keyboard items total less than 1 cubic meter. When I have time I can still go through my remaining stuff to see if there was unsent stuff that people paid for. Some personal stuff and lots of never-sold stuff got sent anyway so some people will get things they did not pay for. Lots of keycaps were used as filler in big boxes. This is especially in the case of my massdrop granite keycaps, which looked very ugly, old and shabby to my wife so she thought they had no value.

Laugh all you want. I am keeping no granites for myself. I even put out a review criticizing them, and directed most prospective buyers to the same review because I didn’t want dissatisfied buyers.

Am currently budgeting $2k USD for various refunds. Money is not going to go out until I get a better picture of what has been sent and who got what. Anyone who got more value than what he paid for, will not be refunded. Not to be an SOB about it but it is just impossible to refund everyone. I’d rather just quit geekhack/ deskthority completely if refunding exceeds my limited budget.

I have good reason to suspect that some people got more, and are either keeping quiet, or else are claiming they got less since it is easier to join the chorus of Gutz-haters.

Some geekhackers are already showing their less attractive side here. 1 guy filed complaint without trying to contact me.

Turns out he received someone’s very substantial shipment. It was wrong, but it wasn’t low value stuff like a keyboard kit. It was almost certainly more than what he paid.

Then he claimed to paypal that I sent him damaged goods. (And admitted in the same complaint that they weren’t damaged, just someone else’s stuff.)

Then tried to sell the expensive keycaps sent to him by mistake, to someone else. That someone else told me. This guy had hidden the fact that wife sent him valuable keycaps.

Those who think they are going to get money from filing complaints, sorry. You guys all got boxes of keyboard related items, some totally new or never used. If I choose to escalate your complaint to a Return, you are going to have to pay a lot of money to ship stuff back to Singapore before you get refunded.  We have shipping invoices that say 5kg and 10kg of ‘keyboards’ and ‘keyboard parts’, so sending me a postcard with a tracking number is going to get you hit with a buyer fraud charge.

Most of the double sold items were in fact, mid to high dollar items, contrary to his false statements. The confirmed double sold items so far are:

• KBC Poker X - $35
  • KBT Race 75% - $50
  • Corsair K95 - $70
  • Orihalcon SDL to USB - $15
  • Filco MJ1 fullsize - $70, sold three times
  • IBM Model M13 - $80 - yes this is the one YOU bought, Tyr
  • IBM Model M13 WOB caps - $?? - sold three times
  • Filco SA Profile Keycap Set - $?? - sold three times
  • IBM "Bigfoot" (F27) - $??
  • Ducky Thick PBT Blue and Gray - $30
  • Massdrop Granite Core Set - $20+ - sold 5 sets at least that we know of

Who said his explicit intent was to refuse to refund people? beserkfan did. "I do not live hand to mouth, and I certainly can put some money back into paypal account to refund dissatisfied people. But I can’t give everyone a full refund. Simple as that. And we won’t know what everyone got until all sea mail packages arrive. Obviously the people who got the least relative to what they were supposed to get, should get priority." "Am currently budgeting $2k USD for various refunds. Money is not going to go out until I get a better picture of what has been sent and who got what."
Really, and how many of you did he actually refund up front as opposed to excuses for why he couldn't or wouldn't, like waiting for packages he didn't ship to arrive? Where is Gutz to find out what people actually got? We sure don't know. Neither does Paypal. He's just flat out skipped town.

Who threw his wife under the bus and blamed her for everything instead of owning up and taking responsibility? beserkfan did. "This is especially in the case of my massdrop granite keycaps, which looked very ugly, old and shabby to my wife so she thought they had no value."

Who immediately accused the entire community of basically stealing from him and lying about it to be Gutz-haters? That would be beserkfan. "I have good reason to suspect that some people got more, and are either keeping quiet, or else are claiming they got less since it is easier to join the chorus of Gutz-haters."

If you're not going to be constructive, if you're not going to contribute, if you're just going to victim blame, if you're going to try to defend Gutz, if you're just going to try and start ****? GTFO this thread and preferably GTFO this entire forum. Better still, go join Gutz in whatever hidey-hole he's gone to that apparently lacks any internet access whatsoever.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 June 2016, 07:43:58 by rootwyrm »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 07:34:39 »
Sigh...  I must apologize to --Rootwyrm-- for my early morning post..

Though I mean every word of it..

At least parts of --Rootwyrms-- later actions to rectify the situation is in the right direction.

And we are thankful for that industriousness.

I believe everyone has goodness in them.

DIGG - Deep  PEOPLE... Dig - deep..

Hopefully everyone who got the wrong package, whether it is greater or lesser than the value of the purchase,  please speak up and get in touch..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 07:41:16 »

I'm not going to respond to the slanderous, libelous accusations of a teenage troll. He's not worth my time, and frankly, if his abusive counter-productive ****posting isn't removed, I'm more than happy to walk away from helping anyone. I cannot understand why the mods continue to allow such an obnoxious troll here, but I digress.

But apparently some people are complete morons who refuse to accept the fact that from day one beserkfan made it quite clear that he had absolutely no intention of working with anyone or making the least effort to make things right. Before a single claim was filed. Here's the original post that started this thread as a reminder for those morons.

^^  This is absolutely not true..

Even after you started slinging fud at Berserkfan..

He was still in contact with many people attempting to work out a solution behind the scenes.

He was willing to put in EVEN MORE MONEYto fix a PROFIT FREE Sale...

It is impossible to keep posting updates everywhere,  just because you did not see it on an upfront thread,  does not mean it was not going on.

By pushing a Claim against Berserkfan so early, ONTOP of terrible Personal-Insults,  you've backed him into a corner where it's much better to just settle with Paypal collections than to continue coordinating the fix for people WHO DIDN"T EVEN RECEIVE THEIR packages yet.

--Rootwyrm--   I am not saying you are all bad.. THanks for all of your efforts to coordinate so far,   But you did start people on the wrong resolution, which is a large part of what began the cascade failure..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 07:55:05 »
To --Rootwyrm--

Tp4 will forgive your emotional outbursts and insults towards the Tp4.

The Tp4 is Magnanimous.

However,  Please, let's continue this cordially, and keep statements about facts and fixes..

Your table of items shipped is positive.. All of geekhack thanks you for that.

Your allegations on Berserkfan's Character and Motivations are plain wrong !!

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 08:05:09 »
Okay. After wait for the 2 days for the response from Berserkfan.
I got the package on 30th May.
Here is what I ordered.

- Ducky Side Printed keycaps $10 http://imgur.com/Quza3Ec
- Thick PBT colored grab bag $10 for 80 http://imgur.com/5VEWavu PENDING
- WYSE thick keycaps $8-15 http://imgur.com/48oAkGi [/s] PENDING
- 1 x Filco stock keycaps $5  http://imgur.com/5a0mIss
- Grab bags of at least 100 DSA keycaps, mostly red and white blanks but also numpads and novelties $20 http://imgur.com/D73gNWM PENDING
- Cherry Thin PBT – you get 1 set
- Chinese doubleshot keycaps $5 http://imgur.com/DCJITpH  http://imgur.com/89xywVB
- 2 x transparent keycaps are $10 for a bag of 40 1u keycaps
- SP DCS random blanks, grab bags of over 250 each. Free.
- C07. Corsair K95, lubed 60g clears, SIP mod Old Glory Theme, $70 http://imgur.com/73pYdb9  http://imgur.com/C1N9OlJ  http://imgur.com/Na4yyKE
- C10. Filco MJ1 fullsize, stock clears with new PBT doubleshot keycaps, $70 http://imgur.com/eV9FD6j
Take it with its original (worn) Filco keycaps and no PBT doubleshots, only $50.
And F22. Model M M5-2 with top right hand trackball. FREE  http://imgur.com/Xhy0qpr
- New key caps for model M  $20

Just to be honest. At first I was very excited since the package I got is around 9kgs and when I was talk to berserkfan
He said my package would weight around 10 so I actually though I will get what I really order.
But just like others. Not a single one is correct.
I got 2 ibm keyboards, 1 frame for the keyboard, and 2 bags of keycaps.
I tried contact him right away after I got the package. But no respond since.

Here are the pic
http://imgur.com/a/JezD5
I almost flipped myself and hoping that what you had received is not mine when you said that you received 2 IBM boards
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Tyr

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 08:11:45 »

Yes all true. But someone posting a rant in a stressful situation isn't necessarily how they will feel forever.
I have on occasion been called hopelessly naive though, so there's that.  :))

Oh well, could be another month or longer before my secret santa order arrives.  :rolleyes:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 09:07:15 »

Though I mean every word of it..

And I think you were wrong.  So there we are.  From the BEGINNING, even BEFORE Rootwyrm started in on this, Berserk was NOT taking responsibility for his actions, and was NOT even responding when called on it.

I got mine before MOST people.  So it wasn't the crazy show it is now.  I contacted him OFF of paypal.  And got no response for DAYS.  Then I filed a dispute on paypal to get him to respond.  He responded in less than an hour.  That bit about being crazy working?  Hmmm...  Then he was responsive, though it was just to DENY any responsibility and culpability, make threats, and pass on a guilt trip.  What really got me into escalating the dispute?

I asked very simply "What are you going to do to rectify this."

He responded with more Boo Hoos, feel sorry for me.

I asked again, very simply  "What are you going to do to rectify this."

And received NO response for 2 DAYS.  So I escalated.

He could have EASILY stopped this by BEING UP FRONT, HONEST, and having a BIT of INTEGRITY.

"Hey, to all affected.  I ****ed up.  A lot of packages are sent to the wrong address, but I want to make this right, no matter what it takes.  Give things a chance to settle down, and let me find what I can.  If we can cross packages, I'll pay for it.  If we can't, I'll give you your money back.  But I will make it right.  My apologies again, and thanks for your patience."

The key word isn't in all of the statement, though a PLAN does help.  The key word is in the first bit.  "I ****ED UP".  Not my wife, not the postman, and certainly not the people involved.  QUIT VICTIM BLAMING.  Has he CONTACTED or REFUNDED ANYONE?  Who in their right mind pays 2.8k in overages without contacting ANYONE?  And the TONE of his POSTS.  And when you're out of money, for whatever reason, and are getting NOTHING from the one that TOOK IT IN GOOD FAITH, it tends to erode your faith in humanity.

And Sky was a big part of helping too.  So thanks to him and Root.  Do I disagree with some of what was said?  Yes.  But I'm more willing to give allowances to them for putting in the work to at least try to get SOMETHING out of this ****show.

Are you affected?  Just wondering since you're casting blame on those that were.