Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 889566 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 13:31:51 »
One thing to add to rootwyrm's excellent bit above- once you do open a dispute, you do have a potentially shorter timeframe to escalate to a claim.  So keep that deadline in mind also- they're pretty up front about it.

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 13:51:46 »
One thing to add to rootwyrm's excellent bit above- once you do open a dispute, you do have a potentially shorter timeframe to escalate to a claim.  So keep that deadline in mind also- they're pretty up front about it.

You have 20 days after a dispute is opened to file a claim. My claim has been open for 5 days now with no response (other than him telling me to escalate the dispute). Unfortunately, I think I (and anyone else that opens a claim) have to wait until the claim "times out" so to speak and have PayPal rule in my favor, because Gutz can't actually authorize refunds with his account like it is.

Edit: This info is for PayPal. I don't know about any other payment methods.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:12:58 by timerwin63 »
Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:25:33 »

You have 20 days after a dispute is opened to file a claim. My claim has been open for 5 days now with no response (other than him telling me to escalate the dispute). Unfortunately, I think I (and anyone else that opens a claim) have to wait until the claim "times out" so to speak and have PayPal rule in my favor, because Gutz can't actually authorize refunds with his account like it is.

Edit: This info is for PayPal. I don't know about any other payment methods.

He can reply and say "It's my fault.  I just can't do anything about it."  Maybe that's what he's doing, but he's also not responding and saying that to us, which hurts perception.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:33:49 by chuckdee »

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:36:11 »
He can reply and say "It's my fault.  I just can't do anything about it."  Maybe that's what he's doing, but he's also not responding and saying that to us, which hurts perception.

Yeah, it's still waiting for his reply. I don't think that I can add information to the claim after it gets filed, which sucks, but the good news is that it seems PayPal takes inaction as an admission of guilt. (I think?)

As far as his responses to us (as a group), why would he apologize, it's obviously everyone's fault but his! You can tell from how thorough his responses were explaining why none of the problems that occured were a result of any decision making that he was a part of. /s
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:38:43 by timerwin63 »
Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:49:22 »
You can.  I've been in contact with them.  I'm actually at the being reviewed by paypal response, and they still accept things.

For reference:

1. Log into paypal.
2. Click the bell image at the upper right near Log out

3. In the notifications flyout, click Go to Message Center

4. On the page that appears, click create new message.  It will be right beneath the bell:

5. Choose the following in the new message: Disputes -> Paypal Dispute/Claim Update Status, and be sure to include the Transaction ID of the payment, and the Dispute ID. (Include those in any correspondence with them)

6. If you need to upload any items, it is broken.  So you have to go to https://www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc to send documentation, and again, be sure to reference your case number, transaction id, and include your name on each item in the description field; it's a small space, but I found that <claim#>-<transactionid>-<name>-Evidence just fits.  I just chose 'Other' for the type for them all.

I hope that helps!

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:53:57 by chuckdee »

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:54:32 »
Hi Folks, Sorry, I've been travelling for a couple of days due to work.

I will be returning home today, and I'll take a look at what we have. But as far as I can tell, we have a StitShorm of stuff happening and beserkfan/Gutz has basically just dug himself deeper in a hole trying "rectify" the fustercluck that he's created.

At the end of the day he's still failed to recognise the people trying to coordinate and fix his mess, instead he's given more passive aggressiveness and, frankly, more rudeness 

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 14:57:07 »
I will confirm that the http://www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc link posted by chuckdee works. Include the dispute number in EVERY FILE DESCRIPTION. You have to do this or they may just toss it aside in the shuffle.
For the photos, upload ORIGINALS with the EXIF data intact if possible. Also be sure to include photographs of ANY identifying labels. So if your username is on the shipping label, make sure to get a photo of that. If there's a slip identifying who was supposed to get the item, include a photo of that. You get the idea. This helps make it clear that they are definitively not the items you ordered.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline ponnx

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 21:31:16 »
I just checked, and find that I still have some things that were paid for by other people and never sent to them.

These are:

1)   keyboard that I owe Mike52787. Already agreed that I would paint the board for him over the next few weeks before sending

2)   Box of white on black Ducky Side Print keycaps. I was damned sure I sold these, and I still have them???!!!

3)   Brand new NIB sealed light green set of gateron thick PBT blank keycaps. Also damned sure I sold these already.

4)   100 brand new white PBT blank keycaps. I mistakenly double sold my 80 colored PBT grab bag, so I promised someone he would get these 100 brand new whites instead to do his own dyejobs. But who did I promise?

5)   I have a box of newish Ducky thick PBT keycaps. This was never listed for sale/ is a personal set. If you got screwed by an insufficient shipment please let me know and this can be sent to you.

6)   I have a set of new gray switches and new stems/springs I’m pretty sure were sold very early on. I can’t remember to whom I sold these.

7)   I still have a set of cherry PCB mounted stabilizers. Not sure if anyone is still owed one set. I’m convinced I sold all my Cherry stabs.

8)   I have a brand new orange silicon skin for Ducky Shine 3 Fullsize keyboards. Originally not listed for sale; meant to give to rootwyrm as a surprise freebie, but was left out of the Ducky Shines shipped to him via untracked sea mail. Since rootwyrm has filed paypal complaint, he will not get this.

9)   Am holding on to an empty G80-1950 box with the accessories (keycaps and cable) inside! Two people bought G80-1950s from me and they were supposed to be shipped in the boxes, but now I don’t have any G80-1950 and I have one empty box instead. I think the keyboard itself must have been stuffed in someone’s 10kg box or thrown away by accident.

10)   I still have a bunch of Model M and F cables. I thought I over promised them to anyone who wanted, and I still have these things!

11)   I remember a legit buyer wanted some of my Cherry keyboard trackball/ trackpad assemblies. I still have these!

12)   I don’t remember if I ever sold my Filco Fullsize kit. Do I owe anyone this kit?

13)   If I can still find things that have been sold/ promised to be given and were not shipped out I’ll post them.

14)   No more Big Items.

If you are owed any of these things, please contact me by PM. Just give your address; shipping is on me. Not going through my notes anymore which are a mess and not reliable. I’ll read PMs in a week.

Shipping:

I will ship by early June. Shipping by sea mail, untracked. May take 2-3 months. Don’t pester me to rush ship things or else mistakes may recur. The April-May period was horrible and the consequences are still reverberating.

I will take photos of the postal receipts, packaging and postmarks to prove that they were handed off at the post office.

Cross posting this, as he closed the other thread and erased the OP.

2)   Box of white on black Ducky Side Print keycaps. I was damned sure I sold these, and I still have them???!!!

Well. At least one set of the keycaps is not on the way to me now.

I feel like I need to file a dispute but I made a payment via Western Union.
Not sure what should be my next move on this.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 21:49:19 »

Has he picked it up?

https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/fraudawareness/fraud-question-and-answer.html

Doesn't look good, unless you get lucky and he didn't pick it up.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 21:58:19 »
also got boned. paid Gutz $68 for White on Black IBM M13 buckling spring keycaps and got some random set of garbage stock MX keycaps off what looks like a Mionix keyboard.

filing for a paypal refund now.

Show Image

Finally got a reply from berserkfan saying that he had more than two M13 WOB buckling spring sets to sell, and that he specifically remembered packing mine in a Zeal LLC box and shipped it through sea mail untracked. This is actually the shipping option we agreed upon. Hopefully it comes through.

Offline ponnx

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 22:05:17 »

Has he picked it up?

https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/fraudawareness/fraud-question-and-answer.html

He already picked up the money 11 days ago.  :(

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 22:51:17 »
also got boned. paid Gutz $68 for White on Black IBM M13 buckling spring keycaps and got some random set of garbage stock MX keycaps off what looks like a Mionix keyboard.

Show Image

Finally got a reply from berserkfan saying that he had more than two M13 WOB buckling spring sets to sell, and that he specifically remembered packing mine in a Zeal LLC box and shipped it through sea mail untracked. This is actually the shipping option we agreed upon. Hopefully it comes through.

I remain skeptical. Especially with the increasingly questionable nature of things every time Gutz provides an update. At no point did he indicate a second set of M13 WOB in any of the sheets I've reviewed - but I don't see any other sales either. So I suppose it's possible. It'd certainly be a first for this fiasco.
If that fails, ping me - I usually save the GHB clusters, so I might have some WOBs. (Yeah, I'm still M13 obsessed.)
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline gnarlsagan

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 23:30:19 »

Show Image

I remain skeptical. Especially with the increasingly questionable nature of things every time Gutz provides an update. At no point did he indicate a second set of M13 WOB in any of the sheets I've reviewed - but I don't see any other sales either. So I suppose it's possible. It'd certainly be a first for this fiasco.
If that fails, ping me - I usually save the GHB clusters, so I might have some WOBs. (Yeah, I'm still M13 obsessed.)

Hey thanks man. Really appreciate what you guys are doing.

Offline ponnx

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 00:41:04 »

Show Image

When did you received a reply? I did send him several PM about my order But to response

Offline gnarlsagan

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 00:44:42 »

Show Image

When did you received a reply? I did send him several PM about my order But to response

About 13 hours ago.

Offline poog

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 01:22:43 »
Does anyone have those word documents describing what each item is or know where it's located? When I pmd him I just used the names like J6 and M7 and unfortunately can't remember which thread has which documents.

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 01:37:16 »
Have a look there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdp5VngkejeTHM_U8G2JFJUCGYrsgH_-GX1EmXfHx5g/edit?usp=sharing

That's the spreadsheet compiled mostly by Skysophrenic and rootwyrm, it has the same numbers listed.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 05:50:28 »
Does anyone have those word documents describing what each item is or know where it's located? When I pmd him I just used the names like J6 and M7 and unfortunately can't remember which thread has which documents.
There are links earlier in the thread. If you can't find it,  let me know,  and I'll link it when I get to my computer

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 10:54:48 »

Has he picked it up?

more than "it doesn't look good - it seems to be impossible for us to get our money back.

If the receiver has already picked up the funds, this money is gone and we won’t be able to refund your money.
Read more at https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/fraudawareness/fraud-question-and-answer.html#mVyQ5jCKaUEWvZdY.99
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 11:40:50 »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhUKx9Wx4kQElgKDjVE_lHHnNhhWAhSIMXsq9mJMAqo/edit?usp=sharing

Master sublists of everything that Gutz put together - this is not an exhaustive list, however it is also the best documentation that we have that can confirm what, according to Gutz, was on hand at the time.

It's a large file, and it isn't ideal for viewing due to formatting but it's a list. Rootwyrm has been going through them and making comparisons.

Finally, I am aware of a few people that have acted as proxies - I encourage them to come out and show what was bought by your proxies. Please do not let this become multi-level, it is difficult enough to keep track.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 11:44:36 »
Master sublists of everything that Gutz put together - this is not an exhaustive list, however it is also the best documentation that we have that can confirm what, according to Gutz, was on hand at the time.

I think what Berzerkfan really needed was a couple of guys like you coming in and running the sale, "Hoarders"-style.  ;D

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 11:47:40 »

Has he picked it up?

more than "it doesn't look good - it seems to be impossible for us to get our money back.

If the receiver has already picked up the funds, this money is gone and we won’t be able to refund your money.
Read more at https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/fraudawareness/fraud-question-and-answer.html#mVyQ5jCKaUEWvZdY.99

Doesn't look good, i.e. unless he didn't pick it up.  I didn't know the status of that question when I posted the quoted bit.

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 12:18:35 »

Has he picked it up?

Doesn't look good, i.e. unless he didn't pick it up.  I didn't know the status of that question when I posted the quoted bit.
im sad
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 12:31:15 »
Hi all,

I've done some updates and additions - please check over if you think I missed something. A few things:

a) Please please please if you have ordered something from beserkfan/Gutz, come out and talk to us. Rootwrym and I are trying to find out where stuff is, and to help you get your money/items back once everything is resolved. It'll be a long process but we'll try our best to fix problems which aren't ours. Please give us a pm, containing:

i) The items you ordered (providing proof of pm's/screenshots of confirmation of your order), and
ii) Items you've received (also proof).
iii) Any other information such as payment details (black out personal details), shipping, tracking numbers, confirmations, even usernames of things that you got meant for other people. Everything helps.

b)If you know someone affected, please have them reach out! If you had a shipping proxy in the states, please contact him and have him reach out to me or rootwyrm! Proxies hold a prime place in the information network of being a hub in communication.

2. I've compiled a master list - the information IS already in the spreadsheet due to Rootwyrm's work (thanks for picking up my slack since I had to travel for work for a few days) Links will be at the bottom.

3. If you haven't already, open up a claim on paypal if you paid with that. IF YOU FIND THAT YOU GET THE RIGHT ITEMS, I sincerely urge you to close it and say that everything is okay. For Moneygram or western Union, open up a fraud complaint. Money transfers in Singapore, you guys are lucky. Walk into your bank and open up a fraud claim with a banker - money transfers are a legit way of conducting business in Singapore - you have a very good chance to not only get your money back, but have the bank summon Gutz for a testimony. Also the banks are pretty ruthless at getting their money back.

4. Please talk to us! If you have more information, something we missed, more proof, pm me or Rootwyrm, I Promise we will get to it and take your opinions/thoughts into account.

5. Everything relies on the integrity and honesty as well as the cooperation as a community. While the atmosphere is negative, we can remain civil and level-headed. There will be loss, there will be those that are unhappy. Others that come in and gloat and act condescending will also/has happened. Ignore those and focus on the goal of helping everybody else.

6. I am starting to pm people on the spreadsheet that have given me values but no proof - I want to fill in the gaps as best as I could. I will also direct those to this sheet. If I do not get replies within a certain time frame, I will delete them (tentatively) from the sheet until proof is provided.

7. Finally, I encourage people to follow the thread to get updates on a rolling basis. Thanks all!

Links:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhUKx9Wx4kQElgKDjVE_lHHnNhhWAhSIMXsq9mJMAqo/edit?usp=sharing  Master Documentation (use side bar to navigate headers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdp5VngkejeTHM_U8G2JFJUCGYrsgH_-GX1EmXfHx5g/edit?usp=sharing  Master spreadsheet of tracking

~~Skysophrenic
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2016, 12:35:57 by Skysophrenic »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 12:43:18 »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhUKx9Wx4kQElgKDjVE_lHHnNhhWAhSIMXsq9mJMAqo/edit?usp=sharing

It's a large file, and it isn't ideal for viewing due to formatting but it's a list. Rootwyrm has been going through them and making comparisons.

Finally, I am aware of a few people that have acted as proxies - I encourage them to come out and show what was bought by your proxies. Please do not let this become multi-level, it is difficult enough to keep track.

I'm going to second this with some serious freaking emphasis. Proxies, PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOU ORDERED OR WERE PROXYING. We do NOT necessarily need prices - though they are very helpful. What we DEFINITELY need is the list of items at the minimum. We don't need to know who you were proxying for, though it is helpful for assembling contact information.

I'm going to hopefully this weekend start putting together a setup where folks can enter their contact information so that buyers and recipients can connect with each other. (Also I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY considering building a new site as a result of this whole fiasco.)

I'm also going to see what I can do about putting together some way that folks can share photos of what they received in a central location so we can identify items accurately. Seriously, a lot of these items are well outside my area of expertise. I can tell Ducky boards apart easy, I can ID pretty much any Ducky keycap, and I can pick out an M13 from an M5-2 by sound at a hundred paces. Anything else? I'm bloody lost. Which means items logged based on what we think they are, may be wrong. We want to be as accurate as possible when identifying items.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 10:39:20 »
Well, got good news today:

You’re eligible for a refund of $135.00 USD once you return the items listed below before May 31, 2016. Before you do so, please read our instructions carefully.

I'll send it Monday and be on the way to being done with this nightmare.  I might even go out once the rain is stopped- just not sure how late the post office is open.  This unfortunately means that Eiji is going to have to deal with G directly.  But he hasn't responded to PM's, and indeed hasn't been on since the 11th.  It's unfortunate, but that's what paypal requires.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 May 2016, 10:42:35 by chuckdee »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 10:45:55 »

You’re eligible for a refund of $135.00 USD once you return the items listed below before May 31, 2016. Before you do so, please read our instructions carefully.

I'll send it Monday and be on the way to being done with this nightmare.  I might even go out once the rain is stopped- just not sure how late the post office is open.  This unfortunately means that Eiji is going to have to deal with G directly.  But he hasn't responded to PM's, and indeed hasn't been on since the 11th.  It's unfortunate, but that's what paypal requires.

Read what Paypal wants - they want you to eat the $100+ shipping because Gutz is defrauding them as well. And of course, as he has previously stated, anything returned will disappear along with the money that people paid for it. If you get that response, immediately call Paypal. IMMEDIATELY. Do NOT return goods to Goh - this makes you a party to willful fraud. Call Paypal immediately and raise hell. I'm on hold now and absolutely livid. I am not eating $110 in shipping no matter what.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 10:49:41 »

Read what Paypal wants - they want you to eat the $100+ shipping because Gutz is defrauding them as well. And of course, as he has previously stated, anything returned will disappear along with the money that people paid for it. If you get that response, immediately call Paypal. IMMEDIATELY. Do NOT return goods to Goh - this makes you a party to willful fraud. Call Paypal immediately and raise hell. I'm on hold now and absolutely livid. I am not eating $110 in shipping no matter what.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/returns

We'll cover up to $30 of return shipping costs for up to 11 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 12/31/16.

The item is eligible for return shipping refund.  And mine was only $17 to ship here, $8 of that was included in the what I paid, so will be refunded.

And as far as being a party to willful fraud... how do you figure that?  They want the items returned to him in order to give me my refund.  That seems reasonable to me.

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #228 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 11:05:39 »
Hi guys, anyone know  what is the cheapest shipping method to Singapore that includes tracking?  I'm in NY US btw.  The package is .22 lbs and the dimensions are 6in x 4in x 3in. 

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #229 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 11:26:27 »

We'll cover up to $30 of return shipping costs for up to 11 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 12/31/16.

The item is eligible for return shipping refund.  And mine was only $17 to ship here, $8 of that was included in the what I paid, so will be refunded.

And as far as being a party to willful fraud... how do you figure that?  They want the items returned to him in order to give me my refund.  That seems reasonable to me.

Check the address.

He's not there any more. He said so himself. Part of the reason for the sale was moving - well if he was moving, he's no longer at the same address. Not only that, but you have to ship it door to door tracked - so it's not $17. It's $60-100+. And if he doesn't pick it up or it isn't delivered, you don't get any refund - at all.

And if he didn't refund the other person? That makes it fraud. He's not shipping out the items he mis-shipped. He's keeping or trashing them. If I ship back Scarpia's board, Scarpia will never see it - Gutz already said that point blank. There's no reason to believe he'll ship anyone else's stuff out or issue their refunds either. Of course, what he foolishly forgot is that some of us have credit cards that will reverse Paypal charges in cases like this. And Paypal will come after him if that happens, because that's what the issuers require.

Like I said; had he proposed something reasonable and not said he intended to defraud people, it likely wouldn't have gotten to where it's at. But he decided that he was going to keep the money, keep the items, and disappear with both.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 11:34:13 »
Hi guys, anyone know  what is the cheapest shipping method to Singapore that includes tracking?  I'm in NY US btw.  The package is .22 lbs and the dimensions are 6in x 4in x 3in. 

There is no cheap way. You must ship it door to door tracked. That's a Paypal requirement and absolute. Plus you'll be shipping it to an address he's no longer at.

You MUST ship Global Express Guaranteed. This is a MINIMUM cost of this is at least $90 for even a SMALL package. Which must be padded to minimum size requirements.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 11:38:34 »

There is no cheap way. You must ship it door to door tracked. That's a Paypal requirement and absolute. Plus you'll be shipping it to an address he's no longer at.

You MUST ship Global Express Guaranteed. This is a MINIMUM cost of this is at least $90 for even a SMALL package. Which must be padded to minimum size requirements.

Uhhhhh....  :confused:
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 12:00:47 »

I can't just ship it to the address that paypal told me to ship it to in the claim?  I know I can ship it via usps priority mail international for $45 which includes tracking.  Also what happened to the thing that said I was covered for return shipping costs?

"We'll cover up to $30 of return shipping costs for up to 11 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 12/31/16."

Mod edit: removed address
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 May 2016, 12:38:30 by trizkut »

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 12:03:00 »

I can't just ship it to the address that paypal told me to ship it to in the claim?  I know I can ship it via usps priority mail international for $45 which includes tracking.  Also what happened to the thing that said I was covered for return shipping costs?

"We'll cover up to $30 of return shipping costs for up to 11 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 12/31/16."

owait I'm dumb, I didn't know I had to sign up for the refund.  I will do that 

But whats  the catch for this refund activation?

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 May 2016, 12:39:16 by trizkut »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #234 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 13:19:39 »

Check the address.

He's not there any more. He said so himself. Part of the reason for the sale was moving - well if he was moving, he's no longer at the same address. Not only that, but you have to ship it door to door tracked - so it's not $17. It's $60-100+. And if he doesn't pick it up or it isn't delivered, you don't get any refund - at all.

And if he didn't refund the other person? That makes it fraud. He's not shipping out the items he mis-shipped. He's keeping or trashing them. If I ship back Scarpia's board, Scarpia will never see it - Gutz already said that point blank. There's no reason to believe he'll ship anyone else's stuff out or issue their refunds either. Of course, what he foolishly forgot is that some of us have credit cards that will reverse Paypal charges in cases like this. And Paypal will come after him if that happens, because that's what the issuers require.

Like I said; had he proposed something reasonable and not said he intended to defraud people, it likely wouldn't have gotten to where it's at. But he decided that he was going to keep the money, keep the items, and disappear with both.

I know that emotions are high.  But as we decided earlier, we're not going to get into victim blaming or shaming.  Those were your exact words, so please stop spreading fear and doubt to influence people to do things the way you want them to.  I know that if I ship it to him, and he's not there or he refuses, it will be sent back to me, and I will keep the item and get my refund.  How do I know this?  Experience.  So... I know you're either misinformed, or... I'm just going to assume misinformed.  I bought an LCD that the HDMI input didn't work on.  That's the primary input I was going to use on it.  I disputed it, and sent it back to him.  It was returned.  Paypal then refunded me, and I had a good LCD that just didn't work on HDMI.

As far as shipping, especially for the size of the package that he was talking about... that part is also incorrect.  Gutz shipped it to me in a form that was good enough for paypal for less than $20.

To receive your refund, you need to:

Return the item(s) listed below to the seller address we provide.
Provide online shipment tracking information in your Resolution Center before May 31, 2016. The merchandise must be in the condition in which you received it and you are responsible for any costs associated with the return. If the transaction was $750.00 USD or more, we need signature confirmation from the seller.

Didn't quote that part originally.  But no where do they say that you have to ship by a certain method.  You just have to provide online shipment tracking.

Take a picture, inform paypal of his words (which I did by uploading it, and which might have been the reason that he edited it- because his own words condemned him), and let it work out.  It's stressful, but putting what you want to happen on others isn't going to make it better- it will just divide us and make it worse.  Those than can dispute and get their money back- CYA and do what you have to do.  Those that can't?  Unite in a complaint.  And shipping to each other is precipitous, and should be considered as a last ditch effort.

It's a terrible situation.  Let's not make it worse, ok?  And just to reiterate- I do appreciate everything you've done, and are doing.  But I can't let that appreciation affect my decision making, and what I know to do.

owait I'm dumb, I didn't know I had to sign up for the refund.  I will do that 

But whats  the catch for this refund activation?

The only catch as far as I can see is what is on the links on the page, i.e. https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns/terms
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 May 2016, 13:23:08 by chuckdee »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 13:42:24 »

That's straight from Paypal's mouth - it must be tracked door to door, period. Because they don't want the seller saying they didn't get it back. SingPost's "to destination country" isn't sufficient.
So your choices are GXG, FedEx, UPS, or DHL. I priced it out already. GXG was the cheapest by far to Singapore.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #236 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 14:08:19 »
I know that emotions are high.  But as we decided earlier, we're not going to get into victim blaming or shaming.  Those were your exact words, so please stop spreading fear and doubt to influence people to do things the way you want them to.  I know that if I ship it to him, and he's not there or he refuses, it will be sent back to me, and I will keep the item and get my refund.  How do I know this?  Experience.  So... I know you're either misinformed, or... I'm just going to assume misinformed.  I bought an LCD that the HDMI input didn't work on.  That's the primary input I was going to use on it.  I disputed it, and sent it back to him.  It was returned.  Paypal then refunded me, and I had a good LCD that just didn't work on HDMI.

As far as shipping, especially for the size of the package that he was talking about... that part is also incorrect.  Gutz shipped it to me in a form that was good enough for paypal for less than $20.

This is false. Speak to someone on the phone. That level of tracking is NOT sufficient for a dispute return. Period. They told me that point blank, twice. Paypal as a point of absolute fact, does not consider tracking validity for shipments going out. They provide a means to communicate them - NO MORE THAN THAT. They do not consider them valid or invalid based on the level of tracking, nor do they consider tracking. It also doesn't consider that it doesn't get returned and just dropped off.

What I was told explicitly is that the package must have door to door tracking so the seller cannot say they didn't receive it. Meaning it must track WITHIN the destination country to verify that the recipient got it. Go check your SingPost tracking number - it NEVER says that it was delivered. Only that it arrived in the destination country. That's not good enough for Paypal returns. It's just not, per their own employees.
Paypal has the option to require you to return it to THEM within your own country, so there's nothing stopping you from asking them to let you do that. What they do with it, I don't know. But it's a hell of a lot cheaper. You might actually get some money back going that route.

And it sure isn't emotions to state the fact that anything shipped back has no guarantee of going out to the buyer, and almost certainly won't. Not when Gutz has explicitly said such, and thrown his little tantrums saying that over and over. He's already said he's not going to make good. So I am more than a little displeased with Paypal right now because they clearly didn't actually investigate the situation. They clearly think this is just a few isolated complaints and 'similar but not quite right' shipments. And they don't want to address that they're dealing with a problem seller.

Offline ika

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 14:08:25 »

That's straight from Paypal's mouth - it must be tracked door to door, period. Because they don't want the seller saying they didn't get it back. SingPost's "to destination country" isn't sufficient.
So your choices are GXG, FedEx, UPS, or DHL. I priced it out already. GXG was the cheapest by far to Singapore.

Is Priority Mail International tracking not good enough? It has been accurate "door to door" for me.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #238 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 14:12:57 »

Not true.  The cheapest for me by far was DHL.  It was a bit more than I expected, but still within the realm of possibilities- $31.85.  Where did you get this door to door bit, if I may ask?  It just says online tracking.  I did, out of curiosity, ask paypal about the shipping costs.  They are submitting a request for the extra small bit to the supervisor and will let me know in a couple of days.  I also asked them about his threats... they said to upload an image of the package, and that would be good enough.  She also said I can send it Priority Mail Express International if I want to- she was going to get authorization for up to $40 additional, just in case I wanted to do so.  I also asked her about your door-to-door bit, and she said as long as it was online trackable and could serve as proof of delivery it would work, and Priority Mail Express International was good enough, as was DHL.

And it sure isn't emotions to state the fact that anything shipped back has no guarantee of going out to the buyer, and almost certainly won't. Not when Gutz has explicitly said such, and thrown his little tantrums saying that over and over. He's already said he's not going to make good. So I am more than a little displeased with Paypal right now because they clearly didn't actually investigate the situation. They clearly think this is just a few isolated complaints and 'similar but not quite right' shipments. And they don't want to address that they're dealing with a problem seller.

That is not our responsibility.  Each of these were individual transactions.  It's not our responsibility, or even in our aegis to ship it to the correct person, or to make sure they get their shipment.  If we can- i.e. we have no recourse or we get to keep the item- then it's a good thing.  But in many cases, that will be impossible.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 May 2016, 14:31:56 by chuckdee »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #239 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 15:46:13 »
An update: My dispute representative pre-authorized the return, and they have already put money into my account to facilitate the return.  If anyone with paypal has any problems, I would suggest they do the same, i.e. call paypal, be direct, but not aggressive with them, and explain your concern. Have you quote onhand for the return.  That's all I did.

Hope that helps!

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #240 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 16:33:37 »
Not true.  The cheapest for me by far was DHL.  It was a bit more than I expected, but still within the realm of possibilities- $31.85.  Where did you get this door to door bit, if I may ask?  It just says online tracking.  I did, out of curiosity, ask paypal about the shipping costs.  They are submitting a request for the extra small bit to the supervisor and will let me know in a couple of days.  I also asked them about his threats... they said to upload an image of the package, and that would be good enough.  She also said I can send it Priority Mail Express International if I want to- she was going to get authorization for up to $40 additional, just in case I wanted to do so.  I also asked her about your door-to-door bit, and she said as long as it was online trackable and could serve as proof of delivery it would work, and Priority Mail Express International was good enough, as was DHL.

That may be the case for some packages. It's going to vary. DHL was $28 more based on my dimensions and weight.
It may also vary by representative you speak with. But chances are that your representative also didn't bother to check that it was going to a different country. That's the problem. Once it transitions package services, it stops being directly trackable it turns out. So in fact, it does not serve as proof of delivery. Unless the package is tracked after arrival in the destination country, it does not have proof of delivery. Simple as that.
That last leg tracking jacks the shipping prices through the damn roof for no reason I can possibly imagine.

That is not our responsibility.  Each of these were individual transactions.  It's not our responsibility, or even in our aegis to ship it to the correct person, or to make sure they get their shipment.  If we can- i.e. we have no recourse or we get to keep the item- then it's a good thing.  But in many cases, that will be impossible.

This whole damn thing is such a bloody mess it's not funny. And I am in no way blaming any victims.
Is it our responsibility? No. Does it potentially screw over other victims? Absolutely. If Gutz just says "oh well I shipped X untracked seamail," likely no refund for them. If they didn't open a dispute in time and it never shows up, no refund for them. Legally, we have no responsibility to get people their items - there is also no legal requirement for anyone to return anything at our own expense, in fact.
Here's some information on that. Technically if you have someone else's stuff, that's unordered merchandise - especially since Gutz has claimed that various people's packages were sent untracked SeaMail. That means he is 100% responsible for return shipping costs or writing off the unordered item - he is not legally entitled to have items shipped in error returned to him. See the FTC article.
Q. What should I do if the unordered merchandise I received was the result of an honest shipping error?

A. Write the seller and offer to return the merchandise, provided the seller pays for postage and handling. Give the seller a specific and reasonable amount of time (say 30 days) to pick up the merchandise or arrange to have it returned at no expense to you. Tell the seller that you reserve the right to keep the merchandise or dispose of it after the specified time has passed.

Emphasis on honest shipping error. Delivering the wrong items to the wrong people is considered an honest shipping error. We are the buyers - we have noticed the error. The seller did not notice the error until complaints started pouring in.

There are two distinct pieces here:
If you received items you did not order, it is unordered merchandise. You cannot legally be required to return it at your expense, per the FTC. Additional information here.
Because you ordered items you did not, have not, or cannot receive (e.g. double sold items), you are legally entitled to a refund as any sale contract is void or was fraudulent.

Here is additional information from USPIS on merchandise received in error. If the item is not delivered, it becomes a Fair Credit Billing Act issue. Which yes, means you may need to contact your credit card company - Paypal may even advise you to do so.

All responsibility and costs for correcting both of these resides entirely with the seller - not the buyer!! I've done a bad job of explaining that part and it's on me. The seller is responsible for ensuring merchandise arrives as sold and covering the costs of honest mistakes, with no exceptions. Even if the shipping company screws up and loses it, it's on the seller to issue you a refund and then to file the claim with the shipping company. This isn't a special situation bringing that into force either - that's the case for everyone who sells items.

If Paypal wants to require you to return merchandise, that's a policy decision, but they don't actually have a legal leg to stand on if it's not what you ordered and you didn't receive what you did order. It's entirely in their financial interests to keep customers ignorant of legal rights like these. The idea that they are on the side of buyers is completely false - they are on their own side, period. And that side is only interested in making money off buyers and sellers. (See also how they deny legal rights through forced arbitration and prohibitions on class actions in the terms of service.) Legally if they want to require you to return an item to them or a seller, they have legally assumed responsibility for covering the shipping costs. Otherwise, you have a legal right to keep the merchandise if neither Paypal nor the seller agrees to cover costs to return merchandise received in error.
If you go this route, I would hope most people here are honest enough to help items reach their intended owners. Especially those who won't be getting refunds or can't get refunds. Frankly, everyone should be receiving a shipping refund at minimum.

TL;DR: You are not obligated to pay for return shipping, nor can any party legally require you to pay return shipping on items received in error. You cannot be charged for items not received.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 17:57:39 »
1. Are you an attorney?
2. Do you work for paypal?

I think, from what's going on here, I know the answers to both of those questions.  With that in mind:

I see the references that you give... and thanks for that!  But in the end, you're assuming that your interpretations of that information is indeed correct (he is not a company, nor entity, so that it applies is in question), and assuming that your Paypal correspondence is correct, and mine is incorrect.  Which I totally get.  I'm assuming the same thing on my end.

In the end, after looking at everything, I'm going with what I feel, rather than what someone else told me.  My rep got me the shipping UP FRONT.  She escalated to her boss, and got me CASH MONEY.  No matter what, I'm not footing the shipping.  She also saw the dispute, and where it was going to.  I even asked to make sure.  She said that DHL or Priority Express Mail (my two choices) were enough for shipping.  Perhaps I'm wrong.  Perhaps I'm right.  Time will tell.  But if it all goes tits up, I'd rather say it was my choice from what I felt and researched rather than something I did because someone else said something or heard something.  I'm providing my experiences so that others can learn from them- not to tell them what to do, nor advise them.  In the end, that hold money talk, bull**** walks saying is speaking to me.  I'm doing me.  And I'll report what happens.  And I advise all to do what their conscience, gut, reasoning and research tell them after considering all evidence. 

TL;DR - You do you, I'm going to do me.  And hope that all of us end up on the sunny side of this.  But blame no one but myself for my own decisions.

Thanks again for all of your work on this.  I really appreciate it.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 18:53:59 »
From having just gone through a tiny baby simplified version of a dispute just a few days ago, as I detailed here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82251.0

The details are not important but this is how I experienced the process.

In a nutshell I sold an item on ebay, got paid through Paypal, and shipped it (free shipping included) promptly.

After 2 weeks, without contacting me, the buyer started a dispute with ebay (claiming that it was defective because I used the term "non-slip" and she said that her keyboard still slid around). Paypal immediately sucked the selling price back out of my account (and I don't know whether she got it immediately or not), but it would have been easier to just put it "on hold" somehow.

She had asked to return it and I agreed. Instantly ebay dinged me for the return shipping, and, presumably sent her a voucher or prepaid label or something.

When I got the item back, and saw that she had hacked it into pieces, I contacted ebay with photos. They found in my favor and put the selling price back into my Paypal account and the return shipping into my ebay account. Why there, who knows?

I don't know what happened on the other end, but I do know that I was guilty until proven innocent. Once innocent, though, they made it right.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #243 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 20:19:52 »
I see the references that you give... and thanks for that!  But in the end, you're assuming that your interpretations of that information is indeed correct (he is not a company, nor entity, so that it applies is in question), and assuming that your Paypal correspondence is correct, and mine is incorrect.  Which I totally get.  I'm assuming the same thing on my end.

In the end, after looking at everything, I'm going with what I feel, rather than what someone else told me.  My rep got me the shipping UP FRONT.  She escalated to her boss, and got me CASH MONEY.  No matter what, I'm not footing the shipping.  She also saw the dispute, and where it was going to.  I even asked to make sure.  She said that DHL or Priority Express Mail (my two choices) were enough for shipping.  Perhaps I'm wrong.  Perhaps I'm right.  Time will tell.  But if it all goes tits up, I'd rather say it was my choice from what I felt and researched rather than something I did because someone else said something or heard something.  I'm providing my experiences so that others can learn from them- not to tell them what to do, nor advise them.  In the end, that hold money talk, bull**** walks saying is speaking to me.  I'm doing me.  And I'll report what happens.  And I advise all to do what their conscience, gut, reasoning and research tell them after considering all evidence.

Yes, I forgot to mention that as usual, I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. It's statements based on personal experience and research.

And that's your choice to assume those risks. That's entirely at your option. But you are taking a risk. And the fact is that the law is the law, and it applies to individuals the same as businesses. See also the parts where they mention it applies just as much to eBay sellers as Amazon.com, not to mention gods only know how much case law and international case law. Literal mountains, in large part thanks to Amazon and eBay. And yes, covering individuals and businesses. It's the responsibility of the shipper to ensure it goes to the right destination, period. If they send it to the wrong destination and it vanishes, that's their responsibility. If the shipper loses it, it's on them to make a good faith effort to resolve the issue.
There's zero gray area there - if someone sells you something on eBay and it never shows up, you get your money back. If they sell you a $500 fixie bike and you get a $50 Huffy, that's fraud and gets handled as such. If they bill you for 3 day shipping and it takes 7, you get your shipping refunded and they claim a refund from UPS. Whether or not they're a business. Does not change the law.

And I've been on both sides of it before - error in handling dropped a $185,000 router at the wrong damn address in another country, and someone's typo resulted in me getting a whole bunch of steaks. When I called the company to see how to fix it, they said to keep them. But the steaks were supposed to go just down the street, so I took 'em there, because that's how I am. Recovering the router only happened because the local fixer paid for some help and picked it up in person. I've also dealt with other legal matters and shipping as individual and business for a number of years, so I'm painfully familiar with more things than I have ever wanted to be in my life. Among them, what constitutes good faith.
If a seller asks you to return an item intended for someone else to get a full refund and doesn't specify it's fate, that's a good faith effort. (Presuming the full refund would also be refunding your shipping fees.) The responsibility then shifts to you as the buyer to justify why you don't want to return the merchandise. You can't hammer someone on a good faith effort. I've had shipping errors before, and I've always extended or accepted good faith cures.
But if they make you aware of their intent to condition your refund on assisting or engaging in unlawful or unethical conduct, that's bad faith. Which has extremely significant implications in any legal proceeding in the US. Acting on a bad faith contract or offer, or participating in something you know to be in bad faith can expose you to personal liability. It also has the potential to completely screw you under the clean hands doctrine, and can allow companies to legally refuse any claims.

If you prefer to read further information from legal professionals, I can suggest this article from the Virginia Law Review, Vol 54:195 and provided by Cornell Law Faculty Publications. The root of case law can generally be described as being Kirke La Shelle Company v. The Paul Armstrong Company et al. 263 N.Y. 79; 188 N.E. 163; 1933 N.Y. - but you should contact an attorney admitted to practice law in your state or country with questions about their implementation of the Uniform Commercial Code.

In general, whether between a business and individual or two businesses or two individuals or any combination thereof, purchasing goods in exchange for money or services creates an implicit and implied contract between the parties. The money shot in the definition is: "violating basic standards of honesty in dealing with others." Laws will vary by jurisdiction. In Ohio for example, Revised Code Chapter 13, Section 1301.201 clearly defines that victims would be a "Buyer in ordinary course of business" (1301.201(B)9) or "Consumer" (1301.201(B)11) and "Good faith" as "honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing" (1301.201(B)20). It further defines "Party" as "a person that has engaged in a transaction or made an agreement..." (1301.201(B)26) and "Person" as "an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, public corporation, or any other legal or commercial entity." (1301.201(B)27) Meaning the law applies equally to transactions between individuals as it does between businesses and individuals. This mirrors UCC Article 1, which many states have adopted and a form of which has been adopted internationally.

The end result here is that because of the seller, victims need to tread unusually carefully to preserve their rights and recourse. It is entirely at the option of a buyer whether to accept or reject any cure offer - but it is the responsibility of the seller to extend one. However, it is the responsibility of the buyer to preserve their rights. Once you accept a conditional cure offer (e.g. refund in exchange for return,) you do not have further recourse. If the item vanishes in the mail or the seller simply claims they didn't receive it? You're not entitled to a refund and you have absolutely no recourse to get either your items or your money.
With the way Gutz has behaved, spoken, and handled things, anyone agreeing to ship anything back should use an extreme level of caution and then some. Especially since we have no way of knowing whether the address he gave Paypal is his old address, his new one, or even his at all - his account is unverified, meaning they do not have a factual record of his address. (Verification of address still involves sending a piece of mail.)

But then again there's also this doozy of a class action Paypal settled for more than $25M. And this one that saw $15M of refunds for mishandling disputes. Oh and this one, and this latest one, and so on. So take anything Paypal tells you with a truckload of salt too.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 11:35:17 »
I'm not going to get caught up in the dispute process as I can't get involved due to my method of payment.

But I've updated our list again, and sent out a few more pm's to get more information.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 11:46:13 »
So take anything Paypal tells you with a truckload of salt too.

But you're not.  You're quoting what your rep told you as if it's gospel?

It's a lot of text thrown at an opinion, in other words.

As I said: You do you, I'm going to do me.  And hope that all of us end up on the sunny side of this.  But blame no one but myself for my own decisions.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #246 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 12:06:45 »
In the face of the potentially huge influx of information, I just want to chime in and say that you're better off calling paypal and figure things out with a specialist.

Steps you can take.

1. Call paypal
2. Reference the escalated dispute/dispute number/case
3. Talk about potential solutions, what can be done, and explain that there have been many orders that were wrong. Make sure that they understand that the reason why the dispute is rather unique is because of
   a) HUGE SALES OF EVERYTHING
   b) Multiple double/triple selling
   c) Multiple methods of payment by other people.
   d) Shipping from overseas and the seller has changed addresses - this is important. EMPHASIZE that you may not be able to get it back to him unless beserkfan responds in the disputes
4. Talk about shipping and how it affects you - ask about options, ask about the costs. Again, make the case that he is overseas, in a new address, and his negligence is the cause of everything. Quote, and provide evidence if you must (offer to have a follow up email) and show beserkfan's quotations about how he is not willing to refund people if they got more than they ordered etc etc. That post is quoted somewhere.
5. If paypal is adamant on you shipping, once again push back. Say how there will be many others who will get screwed over, many of them also paying through paypal. How will paypal reconcile with the others? How will paypal ensure that you, the buyer, will not get screwed out of the shipping bill, and at the end of the day, how many others part of the sales will be screwed over if you ship back
6. Have the representative EMAIL YOU A SUMMARY OF YOUR DISCUSSION. DO NOT GET OFF THE PHONE before you get an email stating what you discussed about, and your options and actions carrying onwards. HAVE IT IN WRITING.
7. Escalate to a higher representative if they will not do this for you.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 12:22:59 »
In the face of the potentially huge influx of information, I just want to chime in and say that you're better off calling paypal and figure things out with a specialist.

Steps you can take.

1. Call paypal
2. Reference the escalated dispute/dispute number/case
3. Talk about potential solutions, what can be done, and explain that there have been many orders that were wrong. Make sure that they understand that the reason why the dispute is rather unique is because of
   a) HUGE SALES OF EVERYTHING
   b) Multiple double/triple selling
   c) Multiple methods of payment by other people.
   d) Shipping from overseas and the seller has changed addresses - this is important. EMPHASIZE that you may not be able to get it back to him unless beserkfan responds in the disputes
4. Talk about shipping and how it affects you - ask about options, ask about the costs. Again, make the case that he is overseas, in a new address, and his negligence is the cause of everything. Quote, and provide evidence if you must (offer to have a follow up email) and show beserkfan's quotations about how he is not willing to refund people if they got more than they ordered etc etc. That post is quoted somewhere.
5. If paypal is adamant on you shipping, once again push back. Say how there will be many others who will get screwed over, many of them also paying through paypal. How will paypal reconcile with the others? How will paypal ensure that you, the buyer, will not get screwed out of the shipping bill, and at the end of the day, how many others part of the sales will be screwed over if you ship back
6. Have the representative EMAIL YOU A SUMMARY OF YOUR DISCUSSION. DO NOT GET OFF THE PHONE before you get an email stating what you discussed about, and your options and actions carrying onwards. HAVE IT IN WRITING.
7. Escalate to a higher representative if they will not do this for you.

I'll echo that.  It's exactly what I did.  The rep said it would take the weekend to get anything done, but gave me a case number where the whole call was documented, and an e-mail (though i did get off the phone before she did that last step).  Within a couple of hours, the money was in my account for shipping.  Their usual process doesn't seem to take int'l shipping into account (which is why I'm ConUS only from now on), but there was no pushback when I told her the circumstances, and she looked into the dispute.

(Except for point 5.  It's an individual transaction.  From that perspective, getting it back to him, even if you know who has the items, doesn't seem to follow the return or dispute.  If you want to go with getting people their stuff, you have to go all in, i.e. be willing to take the hit from not disputing.  You can't expect them to give you the money back for nothing.  They don't know that we will ship people their stuff- they just don't.  And don't want to get involved in the mess, other than from a purely transactional basis.  And I already know what happens if he doesn't accept the shipment- you get it back anyway, and can keep it.)

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #248 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 12:40:00 »
Idk how to properly quote on GH but when chuckdee said this

She also said I can send it Priority Mail Express International if I want to- she was going to get authorization for up to $40 additional, just in case I wanted to do so.  I also asked her about your door-to-door bit, and she said as long as it was online trackable and could serve as proof of delivery it would work, and Priority Mail Express International was good enough, as was DHL.

Does that mean I can use Priority Mail International with USPS instead of Priority Mail EXPRESS International when shipping back the item so I can get my refund?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 13:02:18 »
Idk how to properly quote on GH but when chuckdee said this

She also said I can send it Priority Mail Express International if I want to- she was going to get authorization for up to $40 additional, just in case I wanted to do so.  I also asked her about your door-to-door bit, and she said as long as it was online trackable and could serve as proof of delivery it would work, and Priority Mail Express International was good enough, as was DHL.

Does that mean I can use Priority Mail International with USPS instead of Priority Mail EXPRESS International when shipping back the item so I can get my refund?

The third option.  I was able to get there by going to https://ircalc.usps.com/ and entering my details.  I'm not sure if Priority Mail International is enough.  I didn't ask.  You should call for yourself and ask.