Author Topic: A keyboard keyboard  (Read 3150 times)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
A keyboard keyboard
« on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 14:14:19 »

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 14:23:04 »
I wonder if either of the keyboards are of decent quality.  Good keyboard (the musical kind) players are even more picky then we are.  

;)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 14:54:53 »
Good point. If both are high quality, the price could be pretty daunting.

Offline iMav

A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 15:58:22 »
Quote from: xsphat;3354
Good point. If both are high quality, the price could be pretty daunting.

I would bet money that they both suck.

Offline IBI

A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 17:07:44 »
"This film is the keyboard, and so they used a mechanical keyboard friends, the feel, may not be given a high rating films keyboard. But now there are many films Piangeng keyboard feel like this is the Logitech and Microsoft.  I do not say that Logitech, Microsoft has more than two years ago, feel a significant change, I also没啥spent. I close the last Microsoft products, the wireless blue Jianshu (Logitech is connected to all confiscation).  The keyboard difficult in the yes, yes retained under pressure before the relatively soft touch, in the hand, I give the evaluation, than the Microsoft and Logitech now also high. "

From that it sounds like he's saying it's a membrane (film) keyboard,  as used by microsoft and logitech.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 17:21:30 »
No, it's a new type of switch that's made from old film projectors and their friends. Gosh, you need too read more carefully.

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Thank you for making me read it again: I gave up the first time. I really read it this time and I laughed until tears welled up in my eyes.

Offline fkeidjn

A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 17:47:11 »
Youtube demo.  For those who don't know already, Creative is a Singaporean company.
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline iMav

A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 18:51:27 »
Quote from: fkeidjn;3359
Youtube demo.  For those who don't already, Creative is a Singaporean company.

Now THAT is FUNNY!

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 March 2008, 21:04:58 »
I WANT 10 of them RIGHT NOW!

=-D

That little man can play him some fake drums, now.
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline skyian

A keyboard keyboard
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 March 2008, 00:13:08 »
Very interesting...
That's a familiar homepage.
The original home page is
http://www.talkdigi.net/kbt/midi.html

Actually the touch of this keyboard is not so particular. The strong point of this keyboard is the selling price is not high at that time (only 1450 NTD and I am not sure whether they still sell it anymore now)

I didn't get one cause I am not good at playing piano. Besides it's not equipped with mechancial switches.

Anyway, it's a interesting keyboard.  ^_^
My Own Keyboards:
RF 103 SILENT 30g, RF RGB, RF103black, RF103white, RF87UB, RF87WB, RF101, HHKB PRO2, Cherry with white, blue, brown, black, RED swithces...etc

WAITING FOR THE Ultimate Bluetooth converter for any keyboard.  Also the Beautiful GMK CAMPING Keycap.