Author Topic: Sharp Things - Knives, Swords, Bayonets and Axes - Pictures and discussion  (Read 117825 times)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: Sharp Things - Knives, Swords, Bayonets and Axes - Pictures and discussion
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 01:01:12 »
Got my wife's mini grip with s30v from Benchmade's custom order service last week.

Blade turned out perfect.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Mini Griptillian with S30v blade, and black Micarta hande scales with blue g10 liners

More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 23:51:01 »
Small Sebenza,  Shirogorov Neon with M390,  Hinderer 3in XM-18 Slicer,  &  Zero Tolerance 0450.

More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 19:02:35 »
just a few of my EDC assortments:

-Dana

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #304 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 19:14:50 »

Show Image

Nice XM-18 collection. 
Have any more pics of that 3in?

I got four 3inchers. Two slicers, one wharny,  and one spanto,  but I don't have all the decked out hardware like you.
Just trying to find a 3in spearpoint now.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #305 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 21:21:22 »

Show Image

Nice XM-18 collection. 
Have any more pics of that 3in?

I got four 3inchers. Two slicers, one wharny,  and one spanto,  but I don't have all the decked out hardware like you.
Just trying to find a 3in spearpoint now.

Thanks  :thumb:  yeah i have quite a few hinderers but i'm trying to get rid of the ones i dont care about.
Which 3"? from left to right:
3" working finish harpoon
3.5" wharnie
3" slicer
3" working finish blade/battle bronze wharnie
-Dana

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #306 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 22:03:44 »
*useful* knives have been missing for the last couple of pages. My knife roll:

I should probably take a picture of my wife's custom from the Hawk brothers...

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
The Knife Thread!
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 12:47:59 »
For the last few years I have been slowly building a collection of knives. Most of them are pretty generic but I also have a few which I use a lot and that I really like having. I actually started my collection with a bayonet and a dagger, but both of these are now permanently lost (I have a $50 bounty on them for anyone who can retrieve these, more details below).

To start, I have numerous folding knives, but most of them are pretty generic. I do have several that I love though, including a black Spyderco Delica, a yellow Spyderco Dragonfly H1 Serrated, and a Twin Suns Planetary knife. The Twin Suns knife isn't very functional but I thought it looked sick and so I mostly just have it as a display. I also recently joined the buy on Massdrop for the Spyderco Native Blue Box, so hopefully I get something nice there.

For fixed blades, I primarily use a CRKT Acquisition although I have a couple of others too. I used to have a Romanian AK bayonet and a German Korium Solingen Claw dagger that I sent into the Sharpening Shack to get refinished since the years had taken their toll on them. The Sharpening Shack has been emailing me for the last year that they will send them back to me "soon" and they keep magically never showing up. I'll give anyone who lives near Chula Vista, CA a bounty of $50 if you can go to their location and retrieve them for me.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: The Knife Thread!
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 20:20:56 »
For the last few years I have been slowly building a collection of knives. Most of them are pretty generic but I also have a few which I use a lot and that I really like having. I actually started my collection with a bayonet and a dagger, but both of these are now permanently lost (I have a $50 bounty on them for anyone who can retrieve these, more details below).

To start, I have numerous folding knives, but most of them are pretty generic. I do have several that I love though, including a black Spyderco Delica, a yellow Spyderco Dragonfly H1 Serrated, and a Twin Suns Planetary knife. The Twin Suns knife isn't very functional but I thought it looked sick and so I mostly just have it as a display. I also recently joined the buy on Massdrop for the Spyderco Native Blue Box, so hopefully I get something nice there.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

For fixed blades, I primarily use a CRKT Acquisition although I have a couple of others too. I used to have a Romanian AK bayonet and a German Korium Solingen Claw dagger that I sent into the Sharpening Shack to get refinished since the years had taken their toll on them. The Sharpening Shack has been emailing me for the last year that they will send them back to me "soon" and they keep magically never showing up. I'll give anyone who lives near Chula Vista, CA a bounty of $50 if you can go to their location and retrieve them for me.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I've always loved bayonets.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline JP

I don't really collect sharp things but here are mine.

198102-0

198104-1

198106-2

198108-3

198110-4
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline JP

Oh, almost forgot my wood splitting gear. I use the Fiskars 8lb IsoCore maul and a Fiskars X27 splitting axe. Quite sharp for a maul.

And a wedge.

About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Oh, almost forgot my wood splitting gear. I use the Fiskars 8lb IsoCore maul and a Fiskars X27 splitting axe. Quite sharp for a maul.

(Attachment Link)

And a wedge.

(Attachment Link)

Rdy for the Zombios..

Offline portbaron

Show Image

Well played actually useful knives, sir. Gyuto, kensaki/kiritsuke yanagi, deba, and looks like a double bevel kodeba or ajikiri. Pretty much all you need for any prep.
I've been into Japanese handmade kitchen knives since 2007, and used to have a lot more.

| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females

Show Image

Well played actually useful knives, sir. Gyuto, kensaki/kiritsuke yanagi, deba, and looks like a double bevel kodeba or ajikiri. Pretty much all you need for any prep.
I've been into Japanese handmade kitchen knives since 2007, and used to have a lot more.

Show Image

/Headscratch

Sushi chef ?

Offline portbaron

Show Image

Show Image

/Headscratch

Sushi chef ?

Not too often sushi (only one of those is a dedicated sashimi knife), but just being overprepared for any kind of kitchen prep. Breaking down whole fish or birds etc. Making extra clean slices of whatever.

It's like keyboards. You only really need 1, and a membrane keyboard would work just fine for getting text onto the screen. But that isn't how we roll. Once you know, it's like the difference between a custom board you made with lubed everything vs a brand name GamerBoi membrane board with teh RGBs.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
Whoa I just found this. Seems like a nice time to do one of those "state of the collection things". The collection had an s90v Shirogorov Hati and a Flytanium paramilitary 2 but I trimmed it down at the end of last year to fund some proto work and the poly 910 so I just had the 0630 and the 0450 since those were the only ones I had used, but I was offered an ambassador position with ZT at the beginning of this year so the collection has been kinda growing again in the last few months.

Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Whoa I just found this. Seems like a nice time to do one of those "state of the collection things". The collection had an s90v Shirogorov Hati and a Flytanium paramilitary 2 but I trimmed it down at the end of last year to fund some proto work and the poly 910 so I just had the 0630 and the 0450 since those were the only ones I had used, but I was offered an ambassador position with ZT at the beginning of this year so the collection has been kinda growing again in the last few months.

Show Image

Show Image

Would love it if ZT would upgrade the 0450 steel to CMP 20cv or M390.
The 0450 is still one of my favorite knives.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
Would love to get my hands on a CQC-6, but they are too **** expensive. You get what you pay for, though.

T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480