Author Topic: [GB] GMK Shadow | GB ended  (Read 24182 times)

Offline hectellian

[GB] GMK Shadow | GB ended
« on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 06:59:50 »
GB DATES:
JULY 6TH TO AUGUST 6TH

Solo Leveling inspired set!

Vendors:

Prices:

Kits:

Deskmat:

By Ulliam

Colors:

Renders:

More

j-02 by Proto[Typist] Keyboards

More

j-02 by Proto[Typist] Keyboards

Charlotte by KraizesGB

Renders do not reflect final product

Collabs

If you would like to support this set, please add this to your signature
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112240.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/gOA6mIZ.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Sun, 08 August 2021, 04:01:21 by hectellian »

Offline mvkb

• Designer
    • MVKB
Re: [GB] GMK Shadow | July 6th
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 13:03:38 »
Nice colors. You’ve got some duplicate keys in your base kit (R1 tilde, R2 pipe). Would also like to see some size labels.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 July 2021, 13:05:28 by mvkb »

Offline hectellian

Re: [GB] GMK Shadow | GB is live!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 04:39:57 »
GB is live until august 6th!

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 09:03:38 »
145 is a hefty pricetag

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 01:36:53 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 July 2021, 02:25:33 by dvorcol »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 08:43:12 »

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 10:51:43 »
i hope this wont be cancelled, otherwise its going to be incredibly unfortunate

Offline cricket-alone

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 20:34:19 »
I really like the base keycaps on this one

Offline dandruff

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 04:44:24 »
I feel like there are a few things being overlooked in this GB. (It's going to sound negative, so I apologize ahead of time).

Sure the colors are subjective, and honestly, I love how the set looks without the accent. The two-tone would look great, but it doesn't hide the fact that you copied and pasted kitting from your first set without double-checking anything. The only difference in the render is that you moved the extra keys on Numpad next to it from Hanami Dango's render. It seems as the only thing that changed between the two is that you listened to feedback and removed the extra B in the spacebar kit.

As someone pointed out above, this resulted in you keeping an extra pipe key and an extra tilde key when the set clearly does not need it.

As for pricing, this is a mirror of Hanami Dango in regards to color-wise. 3 custom RAL colors, yet somehow, this set is $10 more and $20 more if you want the Hangul sub legends (which I can confirm makes no sense).

Vendors do seem to be much more lenient in buying out MOQ as GMK Matcha Mocha sold more than this set but got canceled back then by the same vendors with a MUCH lower MOQ.

Offline hectellian

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 03:32:16 »
I feel like there are a few things being overlooked in this GB. (It's going to sound negative, so I apologize ahead of time).

Sure the colors are subjective, and honestly, I love how the set looks without the accent. The two-tone would look great, but it doesn't hide the fact that you copied and pasted kitting from your first set without double-checking anything. The only difference in the render is that you moved the extra keys on Numpad next to it from Hanami Dango's render. It seems as the only thing that changed between the two is that you listened to feedback and removed the extra B in the spacebar kit.

As someone pointed out above, this resulted in you keeping an extra pipe key and an extra tilde key when the set clearly does not need it.

As for pricing, this is a mirror of Hanami Dango in regards to color-wise. 3 custom RAL colors, yet somehow, this set is $10 more and $20 more if you want the Hangul sub legends (which I can confirm makes no sense).

Vendors do seem to be much more lenient in buying out MOQ as GMK Matcha Mocha sold more than this set but got canceled back then by the same vendors with a MUCH lower MOQ.

You're very right in everything you said here and I'm very ashamed of myself for rushing this set. The reason it's so similar to hanami dango is because i made it in the same time i made hanami dango. I was doing the 2 sets together but i released first HD then Shadow. I should've put more effort in the second one and i agree the price is a bit high maybe because HD was quoted at 500 and this one at 250. As for the colors i don't have anything to say as personally i love this color set and i think it goes quite well for the theme.
So i don't find it weird that's it's not going well, you only learn with failure and this taught me quite a lot.
Thats it
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 18:32:16 »

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 20:23:31 »
I just wanted to say I appreciate the transparency and posting numbers even though they might not be as good as the people that liked the set could have hoped for.

So many GB runners just seem to ignore their own thread and never post updates if their set aren't doing great.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 05:59:19 »
I think you should avoid Kono. Their 500 moq price is the same as other vendors 250 moq.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 11:52:07 »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 13:00:39 »
 :eek:

Offline yhs

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 17:07:53 »
I just wanted to say I appreciate the transparency and posting numbers even though they might not be as good as the people that liked the set could have hoped for.

So many GB runners just seem to ignore their own thread and never post updates if their set aren't doing great.

I couldn’t agree more.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 20:15:03 »
I'm not a fan of the theming, but I do really like the color scheme for this set. It's something that doesn't fit into the tiring cookie-cutter style of picking a mod color, a neutral alpha color, and an accent.

I also can appreciate the honesty, transparency, and willingness to admit to your mistakes in the thread. I hope to see this return in the future (as a more polished set).

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Shadow | GB ended
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 14:18:58 »

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 03:21:10 »
Has anyone seen any photos of the finished keyset? I was interested in buying an extra but wanted to see it irl first

Offline Dmitri

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 16 July 2023, 12:37:14 »
R2

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 16 July 2023, 13:09:01 »
Has anyone seen any photos of the finished keyset? I was interested in buying an extra but wanted to see it irl first

I was in the same boat.  There are some pics on their discord:

300614-0
300616-1