Author Topic: Question about EK rgb kit.  (Read 2364 times)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Question about EK rgb kit.
« on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 17:33:22 »
I have an ABS rgb kit from EK that I wasn't using. Just tried to throw it on my new poker and the keys don't want to fit. I noticed before that they were kind of tight going on another board. But ridiculously tight on this board. Actually just got on the left shift. Took it off with much care and it still pulled out the whole stabilizer with it. Scared the crap out of me but it didn't break. Got a quick lesson on how to put a cherry stabilizer back together. I tried to take a pic to show the different size in the stem. Would you guys consider this a defect?

I think I will email EK and show them. Maybe they will swap me out for a new kit.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 40179[/ATTACH]

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 17:44:42 »
Pretty sure I had similar issues. Chances are your replacement kit will be identical. I'd use them on boards with Costar stabilizers because they have a much higher tolerance for stem placement inconsistencies.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 17:52:31 »
Ok I guess thats the difference then. Because my other boards are costar. That sucks they are just sitting in a bag and they looked decent on this board when I laid them over the other keys. I emailed EK but if thats the case I guess I won't bother. I hope I don't have issues with other keys on this board.  I see lots of people with all sorts of keys on their Poker.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 14:44:10 »
Well +1 for EK, sent them an email regarding this. They said they have had similar complaints and made a small manufacturing change. They are sending me out a new set!

Offline metafour

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 14:47:41 »
I have a set I purchased from a member here and I noticed they were pretty tight going on too. I just figured it was because they're new. Doubt I can get a replacement since they were purchased second-hand. At least I know not to put them on my Poker now! I've got a set of PBT's coming from qtan for it anyway.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 14:59:50 »
Quote from: metafour;512641
I have a set I purchased from a member here and I noticed they were pretty tight going on too. I just figured it was because they're new. Doubt I can get a replacement since they were purchased second-hand. At least I know not to put them on my Poker now! I've got a set of PBT's coming from qtan for it anyway.

Ah you snagged one of those. I have a black pbt set that is not in use now. (selling my quickfire blue) But I don't know the FN layout much of the poker and don't really want to put regular keys and lose the side print. I will try and stick with ABS for now.

Offline metafour

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 15:03:17 »
Yeah, I was originally expecting to put the blanks I'm getting from the thick dye sub GB on it but for the same reason, I don't have the function layout memorized yet, I decided to get one of the Poker PBT sets. I'm not using it until they come either, which will hopefully be soon.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 15:17:59 »
I'm tempted. I'm liking this little keyboard a lot. I could see an aluminum shell could do a lot for it. But those are way pricey. I'm curious what Vortex will price them at.

Selling my quickfire but kind of sad here looking at it. It looks so nice with the black pbts. I think I will get another when the browns come out.

Offline metafour

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 15:31:41 »
I haven't tried a brown switch board yet so I'm looking forward to that too. And if only someone would make another aluminum case for the Poker at ~$100 or less...

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 15:34:09 »
Oh never tried browns huh. They are my favorite. I like blues. But I notice when I get up early in the morning before work I have to swap out the blue board as its too loud in my little apartment.