Author Topic: [GB] Tokyo Meetup dye-sub Esc keycaps  (Read 5239 times)

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
[GB] Tokyo Meetup dye-sub Esc keycaps
« on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 09:24:52 »
Overview

Hey everyone, there's been quite an interest for the Tokyo Meetup dye-sub keycap designed by /u/outragedpudding, so I figured I should just open a GB for anyone interested.

The keycap

It's made out of thin-ish PBT, OEM profile. The printing is done by DecentKeyboards  who is also going to fulfill the order.

Price quotes and order fulfillment

According to DecentKeyboards, the price quotes are:

• 8 keycaps = $30
  • 16 keycaps = $60
  • Every extra keycap after that is going to cost $1, so for example: 16 keycaps = $60, 17 keycaps = $61, etc.

In such case, you're going to pay about:

• $3-5 for a single keycap
  • $3 for shipping anywhere without tracking
  • $7 for shipping anywhere with tracking

So a single keycap order would cost you about $6-8 shipped without tracking. Also if we order more than 16 keycaps, the price might get lower.

Note that I'm using the word "about" here because the order fulfillment is going to be done by DecentKeyboards, I am here just to collect your payment/shipping info and pass it further to the shop owner.

How to order

Please fill out this google form

I am going to keep accepting entries until next Saturday, June 4th 2016

After that I will pass the form ownership to the shop owner and he will do the invoicing and order fulfillment. Last time I bought these keycaps it took about 2-3 days to receive them, so unless something happens, you'll be getting your keycaps by the end of June or even sooner.

Finally, please let me know if you have any questions!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [GB] Tokyo Meetup dye-sub Esc keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 10:23:17 »
Edit: Misunderstood the post

I'll likely pick one up once I get paid
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2016, 17:20:01 by tigersharkdude »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 10:26:52 »
I love the keycap, but wouldn't a groupbuy kinda destroy the souvenir factor of the originals? I'd advise to change up the printing a bit so it differs from the "original".

Offline apolotary

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 10:34:42 »
I love the keycap, but wouldn't a groupbuy kinda destroy the souvenir factor of the originals? I'd advise to change up the printing a bit so it differs from the "original".

Yeah I thought about it and decided to keep it as is due to the following reasons:

• There were barely enough keycaps for everyone at the meetup cause I didn't have money to order it in large quantities
  • The design was so good, I'd feel bad for it to go to waste, but I don't have money to commission an updated version (I paid for the current one out of my pocket too)
  • I don't think many people outside of the meetup would order it anyway. But if they do, that would be great for future promotion (e.g., the keycap would show up in market listings from time to time, reminding people about the meetup)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 10:46:29 »
  • There were barely enough keycaps for everyone at the meetup cause I didn't have money to order it in large quantities
  • The design was so good, I'd feel bad for it to go to waste, but I don't have money to commission an updated version (I paid for the current one out of my pocket too)
  • I don't think many people outside of the meetup would order it anyway. But if they do, that would be great for future promotion (e.g., the keycap would show up in market listings from time to time, reminding people about the meetup)

Good points.
I'll definitely order one or more because I like the design. I think there will easily be more than the 16 keycaps ordered, you might be suprised how many people that were not at the meeting will order.

Offline apolotary

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 01:58:22 »
Hey everyone,

I just passed the google form ownership with your contact/payment info to the shop owner, so you should start receiving invoices this week. If you haven't received an invoice by the end of the next week, please let me know.

Also feel free to post any questions here or via PMs.

Thanks!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 07:21:42 »
Paid!

Offline apolotary

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 11:37:41 »
Hey everyone,

Just got a message from the shop owner that all invoices were sent. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 06:15:09 »
Just got my shipping confirmation. Damn, that was fast!

Offline monksoffunk

• 25keys
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 07:15:18 »
Got mine yesterday. Decent keyboard is a 20 minutes' drive from here!
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2016, 07:17:14 by monksoffunk »