Author Topic: [SOLD] Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped  (Read 3578 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped
« on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 18:53:55 »
Preh Commander MC128WX Keyboard

BIN for a mere $8.00 + $20.65 shipping

These are rated for 50M keypresses (see product info here), so unless the seller has a severely inflated opinion of RDs, they're apparently mechanical of some type.

I'm assuming it's dye-subbed, as pad printing wouldn't last long in a POS environment, right?

Also note the key labeled "DO NOT USE"—I'm tempted to buy the thing just to see what's under there.  :?)
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 03:35:01 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Oddball PREH Commander POS board, $28.65 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 19:59:58 »
I would have bought it for the caps, even though I am not a Cherry user, but "Enter" is almost worn off, so it is surely not durable.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:55:06 »
It's not mechanical. It uses a "polyester switching membrane". In fact, I don't think any PREH boards are mechanical.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 00:49:14 »
I would have bought it for the caps, even though I am not a Cherry user, but "Enter" is almost worn off, so it is surely not durable.

You're right, Fo, I didn't spot that... Thanks!

It's not mechanical. It uses a "polyester switching membrane". In fact, I don't think any PREH boards are mechanical.

I was just going by the "50 million keypresses" in the product literature. But I doubt anyone ever counts their keypresses... If they do, they really need to get out more.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg