Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8569373 times)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #31600 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 15:31:04 »
really could need a new clack in my life. It’s been a long time

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #31601 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 20:39:55 »
🙏💚🌴
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Belfong

« Reply #31602 on: Sat, 13 May 2023, 22:42:45 »
Hi there folks. Been a while. Checked in using Tapatalk and find out that there’s just too many [GB] and [IC] threads and my head hurts. I’m just reading up on those good old familiar threads - this one, “what’s bothering you” and “what’s in the mail”. Those good old days are gone. I feel like an old man asking these young kids with their uber-cool switches to get off my lawn. Maybe I should visit Deskthority too, lol. Did any 420 sales happen in the past 3 years? God, those were fun times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #31603 on: Sun, 14 May 2023, 08:23:00 »
Hi there folks. Been a while. Checked in using Tapatalk and find out that there’s just too many [GB] and [IC] threads and my head hurts. I’m just reading up on those good old familiar threads - this one, “what’s bothering you” and “what’s in the mail”. Those good old days are gone. I feel like an old man asking these young kids with their uber-cool switches to get off my lawn. Maybe I should visit Deskthority too, lol. Did any 420 sales happen in the past 3 years? God, those were fun times!

Nothing that I can remember seeing unless he reached out to people privately.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #31604 on: Mon, 15 May 2023, 10:39:27 »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #31605 on: Mon, 22 May 2023, 00:30:34 »
How much were clacks being sold for up unto he left the hobby. Cause EK were selling extras? for like 200 apparently and I thought they sold for like 50

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #31606 on: Mon, 22 May 2023, 15:20:14 »
How much were clacks being sold for up unto he left the hobby. Cause EK were selling extras? for like 200 apparently and I thought they sold for like 50

So if something is no longer being produced and there are no other variants to be made in the market, but the popularity and rarity are high the price increases.  There are numerous artisans sold at $200+ that were originally purchased well below that, that's nothing new.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #31607 on: Mon, 22 May 2023, 17:44:26 »

So if something is no longer being produced and there are no other variants to be made in the market, but the popularity and rarity are high the price increases.  There are numerous artisans sold at $200+ that were originally purchased well below that, that's nothing new.

I meant the retail price of clacks like when he sold them and how on Elite Keyboards they were selling the leftover clacks for like 200 or something similar, which is why I wanted to know what the retail prices was. I understand how the aftermarket works there. (If you are referring to retail pricing than your wording must of confused me but I don't think you are talking about that)
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2023, 19:58:46 by Rhienfo »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #31608 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 09:26:48 »
Retail pricing isn't a real thing when it comes to Artisans

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #31609 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 09:54:46 »
I think they were definitely on the low end of 100s if not under 100? Cuz Clack stopped doing official sales a whiiiiiiiiiile back.
I love Elzy

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31610 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 13:43:18 »
As low as $40 for a single color, and up to $100+ for more special stuff in the most recent FCFS sales on the forums.

Regardless of this, I don't mind the prices EK is charging, they clearly sell for that and its cheaper than what the aftermarket would be, I just wish Clack himself was getting some of the money

Offline Sniping

« Reply #31611 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 17:23:58 »

I meant the retail price of clacks like when he sold them and how on Elite Keyboards they were selling the leftover clacks for like 200 or something similar, which is why I wanted to know what the retail prices was. I understand how the aftermarket works there. (If you are referring to retail pricing than your wording must of confused me but I don't think you are talking about that)

CC would sell the bi colored skulls for around 50 or so I believe, in the more recent sales that is. Brian from EK takes a pretty good cut if that's what you were wondering, he was selling leftover skulls on Ebay for a while too, but those were closer to market prices whereas the ones listed on EK were definitely way cheaper than what it'd normally sell for on the market. Hoping we'll get another sale from the man himself sometime. The sales were so hype.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #31612 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 17:44:26 »
I think they were definitely on the low end of 100s if not under 100? Cuz Clack stopped doing official sales a whiiiiiiiiiile back.

As low as $40 for a single color, and up to $100+ for more special stuff in the most recent FCFS sales on the forums.

Regardless of this, I don't mind the prices EK is charging, they clearly sell for that and its cheaper than what the aftermarket would be, I just wish Clack himself was getting some of the money

CC would sell the bi colored skulls for around 50 or so I believe, in the more recent sales that is. Brian from EK takes a pretty good cut if that's what you were wondering, he was selling leftover skulls on Ebay for a while too, but those were closer to market prices whereas the ones listed on EK were definitely way cheaper than what it'd normally sell for on the market. Hoping we'll get another sale from the man himself sometime. The sales were so hype.

Yeah thank you for that, while I was never around during the clack sales, I do wish there would be more of them.

« Last Edit: Tue, 23 May 2023, 22:38:54 by Rhienfo »

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #31613 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 10:13:00 »

Yeah thank you for that, while I was never around during the clack sales, I do wish there would be more of them.
They were stressful, but also really fun. And the Clackvent Radnelac events during the holidays were a blast also, but nearly impossible to win! Still fun tho. I miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #31614 on: Thu, 08 June 2023, 16:50:28 »
They were stressful, but also really fun. And the Clackvent Radnelac events during the holidays were a blast also, but nearly impossible to win! Still fun tho. I miss it.

Oh ****, YoungMike is back! :O How are things up there?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #31615 on: Thu, 08 June 2023, 18:40:45 »
The OP of this thread!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #31616 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 18:51:23 »
It really is a testament how much clackvents would bring this community together. A lot of higher profile members were really only here for them, and this community took big hits when CC rode off into the sunset. They were by far the most exciting times here, and always led to some delicious keyboard drama. The early days, before people started botting and flipping, were the best though.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #31617 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 21:25:09 »
It really is a testament how much clackvents would bring this community together. A lot of higher profile members were really only here for them, and this community took big hits when CC rode off into the sunset. They were by far the most exciting times here, and always led to some delicious keyboard drama. The early days, before people started botting and flipping, were the best though.

Those clackvents seemed like a lot of fun, shame I missed out on them, but I don't think you can do them today. The only way I could see you doing them, if you made the only participants people who made accounts in the past couple years with more than 50 posts or something, but I guess that wouldn't fix botting and flipping. it's a shame but all good things do come to an end eventually.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #31618 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 18:55:24 »
Hey everyone, does anyone have any info about the geekhack tri colour skull, cause I'm not sure if it was a sale or a commision or something. I did see that there was an auction for this cap, but I have seen other photos of it (naasfu had a photo and remember bro caps took a photo of it, I can't find it though probably lost in post your clacks or something) so I'm not 100% sure. It looks so pretty so I just want to know info about it.

Offline Raenbo

• IG: @aero_keys
« Reply #31619 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 09:51:35 »
Hey everyone, does anyone have any info about the geekhack tri colour skull, cause I'm not sure if it was a sale or a commision or something. I did see that there was an auction for this cap, but I have seen other photos of it (naasfu had a photo and remember bro caps took a photo of it, I can't find it though probably lost in post your clacks or something) so I'm not 100% sure. It looks so pretty so I just want to know info about it.

Show Image

Dang I wonder if naasfu is still around...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #31620 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 10:41:56 »

Show Image

He's online right now... 👀

@naasfu, you there?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #31621 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 18:48:23 »

Show Image

@naasfu, you there?

Whoa! CEO of Drop and Corsair is here in therapy too!

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #31622 on: Wed, 23 August 2023, 18:53:28 »

I think no matter how long it's been since clack left the hobby, all of use including people like me who were never around for the sales need clack therapy. Especially with aftermarket prices nowadays :(.

I hope I can get a clack one day...

Offline Raenbo

• IG: @aero_keys
« Reply #31623 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 11:47:27 »

I think no matter how long it's been since clack left the hobby, all of use including people like me who were never around for the sales need clack therapy. Especially with aftermarket prices nowadays :(.

I hope I can get a clack one day...

Patience, persistence, and making friends in the hobby. You'll get one in your hands eventually!

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #31624 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 17:48:41 »

Found out more about this, apparently there are only 1 mx and 1 topre and both people who own them will definetly not give then away lol.

Patience, persistence, and making friends in the hobby. You'll get one in your hands eventually!

On the brightside, lightning gave me the info/confidence to try and go for a single shot (a globe blue buckling spring) soon, now it would be just be the waiting game. Hopefully it comes quick

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #31625 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 18:59:24 »

@naasfu, you there?

lul sorry too busy playing d4

re: gh tri, there are two publicly known ones here (both topre). i've seen fake ones so don't buy those. i'm guessing there must be more but clackfactory is mysterious...

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #31626 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 19:03:02 »

re: gh tri, there are two publicly known ones here (both topre). i've seen fake ones so don't buy those. i'm guessing there must be more but clackfactory is mysterious...

Show Image

Thank you for that, enjoy d4 lol :) (also all those clacks make me jelly...)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #31627 on: Mon, 11 September 2023, 07:59:20 »
He's online right now...

@naasfu, you there?

Show Image

Still the nicest collection <3