Author Topic: [GB]KBDfans 5° 60% aluminum case ---All orders are shipped  (Read 79190 times)

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
[GB]KBDfans 5° 60% aluminum case ---All orders are shipped
« on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 02:54:14 »
Stop buying in October 5th

Product

Aluminum case
CNC manufacturing
Anodizing
5° angle
Design by KDBfans

Shipping time

45 days after the end of the purchase

Include

Aluminum case*1
Rubber feet
2 metal 1.5U blocks
Screw

Price

MOQ1-50             99USD
MOQ51-200         88USD
MOQ200~∞         80USD

This price include shipping ,shipping via DHL or fedex

update

2018-08-28
All orders are shipped
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 July 2018, 18:59:44 by kbdfans »

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
Re: [GB]KBDfans 5° 60% aluminum case
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 09:15:48 »
As a reminder to all, CAVEAT EMPTOR

GLWGB! :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 09:33:14 »
Is there a way to commit buying at a higher tier - lower price, than current?

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 09:37:18 »
Any pics of the cyan color? I purchased one a few days ago to go with DSA Light Cycle on an Alps build.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 09:43:41 »
I've had my eyes on this since it first showed up.

Out of curiosity — will you be stocking this like the Tina, or will this be exclusively available trough the pre-order/group buy?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 10:07:44 »
The mod team took two weeks before approving this thread, I guess KBDfans changed the pricing tiers during this time lapse as there's a $ 19.00 discount their website already.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 10:24:57 »

The higher MOQ is already achieved (the site says 258 orders now) and is $80 shipped with DHL/Fedex, he also said that at 270 orders 1u blockers will be added too (1.5u blockers are already included).

Any pics of the cyan color? I purchased one a few days ago to go with DSA Light Cycle on an Alps build.

I believe the cyan is the same used on the kbd75, should be like this below, but can't be 100% sure because he didn't showed any sample.   

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 October 2017, 10:27:26 by KaosJ »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 13:32:09 »
Same factory, therefore same colors as kbd75
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 15:28:54 »
Is their Dark Blue more navy or royal blue?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 15:30:30 »
Is their Dark Blue more navy or royal blue?

They ha e examples of the purple and blue on the website. Looks royal to me.

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 19:59:38 »
Damn after looking at that cyan color, I feel like getting the cyan...

Offline Trente

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 22:40:25 »
This design really looks nice, wondering if the screw layout fits gh60 layout, would like to make a 60% build with tmk alps64

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 22:45:34 »
This design really looks nice, wondering if the screw layout fits gh60 layout, would like to make a 60% build with tmk alps64
It’s the standard 60% screw layout so it fits.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 22:57:14 »
can anyone tell me if this https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keyboard/products/gk64-mechanical-keyboard-64key?variant=41021830669 would fit that case? I seen someone elude to it might fit! I guess the GK64 is designed for 60% cases? can anyone confirm this cause if its true! I most likely order one of the cases on gb and this board! cause I like hot swap and this 60% case is amazing and at 80 bucks is a total steal.

https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/pcb/products/gk64-rgb-60-64keys-hot-swap-pcb <--- PCB

Edited for shot of the PCB

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 00:05:57 »
Mounting points look like standard 60% so I think it will work there is no reason not to.
You can always use the chat on their site and ask to be 100% sure.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 00:38:10 »
Mounting points look like standard 60% so I think it will work there is no reason not to.

just asked and is confirmed to fit! now to decided what color I want! I Kinda want Orange! but then again!!!! perhaps Blue our Purple! ugh decisions suck!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 00:57:48 »

just asked and is confirmed to fit! now to decided what color I want! I Kinda want Orange! but then again!!!! perhaps Blue our Purple! ugh decisions suck!
At that price you might as well get 2 of them and make the decision taking easy  :rolleyes:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 02:24:35 »

There is only one color that matters and it is right here on the left  :D

Offline Trente

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 03:40:03 »
Actually I am very interested to know that what color should I pick if I want to re-anodize the case to the color I personally like, or it does not matter

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 06:33:56 »
Actually I am very interested to know that what color should I pick if I want to re-anodize the case to the color I personally like, or it does not matter

What you have to re-anodize 1 sample only? (you know it is expensive to do only one right?) 

Btw, afaik, to re-anodize you have to completely remove the old one, so it shouldn't matter which color.  I suggest you to contact KBDfans via mail in this case and ask him if he can give you a non-anodized one. 

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 06:46:17 »
Going for silver, which is scientifically proven to never look bad.  (Also, it'll match my aluminum "cheese grater" 2009 Mac Pro, which is still going strong.)

From where I sit, this looks like an almost perfect aluminum case.  The thick bezel and wedge-shaped solid base should make it highly rigid.  Yet, it doesn't have the ridiculous "weight" piece that I've seen in others lately, that only serves to run up costs and compromise the structure.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 14:52:07 »
Yet, it doesn't have the ridiculous "weight" piece that I've seen in others lately, that only serves to run up costs and compromise the structure.

For what it's worth, weights in custom keyboards have been around a long time, and if done properly they can enhance the sound properties of the case. Heavier cases tend to produce a timbre that many consider more desirable than those of their lighter counterparts. That being said — to each their own.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 October 2017, 15:04:23 by _PixelNinja »

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 15:02:59 »
Yet, it doesn't have the ridiculous "weight" piece that I've seen in others lately, that only serves to run up costs and compromise the structure.
For what it's worth, weights in custom keyboards have been around a long time, and if done properly they can enhance the sound properties of the case. Heavier cases tend to produce a timbre that many consider more desirable that those of their lighter counterparts. That being said — to each their own.

but but silver is so generic! everyone has silver! thought I did think about silver our even black my self but dang! I can get those types of cases all day everyday I want something unique kinda

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 15:44:25 »
but but silver is so generic! everyone has silver! thought I did think about silver our even black my self but dang! I can get those types of cases all day everyday I want something unique kinda

You must be pretty jaded if this case looks ho-hum to you.  I suspect it'll be a stunner in any color.

As for silver. . .   To my eyes that's classic, that's mid-century modern, atomic age.  It brings to mind the 60s and 70s when aluminum was appearing in more and more products, but color anodizing hadn't caught on widely.  Also, neutral enough to work with any keycap set.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 16:10:59 »

You must be pretty jaded if this case looks ho-hum to you.  I suspect it'll be a stunner in any color.

As for silver. . .   To my eyes that's classic, that's mid-century modern, atomic age.  It brings to mind the 60s and 70s when aluminum was appearing in more and more products, but color anodizing hadn't caught on widely.  Also, neutral enough to work with any keycap set.

o no the case looks amazing I been eyeing it since its release just I need arrow keys! and learned that there 60% sized boards with arrow keys. I was mostly just playing I kinda want to get it in silver but there a lot of silver colored cases in the wild. As you said matching key sets to the boards can be hard if you don't go with a more classic color!. I know my KBD 75 is going to be teal and finding keycaps for it has been challenging to say the least. Thought the Fishbed key set will be perfect.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 17:13:00 »
I might go in for a red one since it's the least ordered color so far. Plus I think it'd look great with Skull Squadron.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 19:43:44 »
I been eyeing it since its release just I need arrow keys! and learned that there 60% sized boards with arrow keys.

The 60% size is so appealing, but nav keys (especially arrow keys) seem to be a sticking point for many of us.  You can scrunch them into a 60%, but it seems to me like an awkward compromise.  So, I've got this idea. . .

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/f4d52ea8458165104020d2ce3064a4e5

My theory is that I can press down my thumb on that center Fn key and then do all my navigating with one hand, and don't even have to move it from the home row position.  At least I'm gonna give this a try and see how this works for me.  And this layout appears to be supported by the DZ60 PCB that KBDfans also are selling, and also by the Banana Split 60.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:46:29 »
I been eyeing it since its release just I need arrow keys! and learned that there 60% sized boards with arrow keys.

The 60% size is so appealing, but nav keys (especially arrow keys) seem to be a sticking point for many of us.  You can scrunch them into a 60%, but it seems to me like an awkward compromise.  So, I've got this idea. . .

My theory is that I can press down my thumb on that center Fn key and then do all my navigating with one hand, and don't even have to move it from the home row position.  At least I'm gonna give this a try and see how this works for me.  And this layout appears to be supported by the DZ60 PCB that KBDfans also are selling, and also by the Banana Split 60.

Thats a really cool layout and I see what you mean keep us updated on how that goes. That might be a nice solution cause right now looking at a 64key board I most likely get to play with. it sacrifices the shaft key on the right 1u shift and windows keys down at the bottom to get the arrows in place which might not be to bad a compromise since I cant think of a time I use the right shift key my self

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:53:11 »

I've got my arrow keys on OKL; with the function just to the right of space and it's so convenient having it like that, on home row, that I keep doing it accidentally on full-size keyboards at work :P

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 21:36:55 »
it sacrifices the shaft key on the right 1u shift and windows keys down at the bottom to get the arrows in place which might not be to bad a compromise since I cant think of a time I use the right shift key my self

I learned in school to touch-type "by the book", so when I capitalize anything on the left half the keyboard, I need my pinkie on the right shift key to do it.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 22:38:43 »
Trying out split backspace/split rshift on new 60% and I think it's my favorite layout.
Using R shift as up, menu as down, r os as left and r ctrl as right with PU/PD/home/end mapped as Fn-layer
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 October 2017, 22:40:50 by Rumblehotep »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 03:33:52 »
More than 300 orders lul.  weeew can't really wait longer but it will be a nice Christmas gift to myself

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 04:47:08 »
I ordered Purple before the colour samples were updated and I'm not 100% sure on it now to be honest :/

I might just take it as it is and look into getting it re-finished locally..
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline Atredl

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 23:44:46 »
I mean... it's nowhere near the most popular color in for this case. Plus I think it'll show off the lines of this case pretty well. It also does a good job of not color clashing if you want colorful keycaps to be the main attraction of the board.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYdiaN8E-0jwHGjGEax-SDzNJJm9Ky9q0u6J1Mf7OzU/edit#gid=0

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 00:48:18 »
I mean... it's nowhere near the most popular color in for this case. Plus I think it'll show off the lines of this case pretty well. It also does a good job of not color clashing if you want colorful keycaps to be the main attraction of the board.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYdiaN8E-0jwHGjGEax-SDzNJJm9Ky9q0u6J1Mf7OzU/edit#gid=0

I almost went with the gray! cause of the very reasons you mentioned but at the last second I went with the Dark Purple I am thinking might pair it up with GMK Lazer cause... cause the board was going to put Lazer on ended up getting JTK black/orange caps! and really digging that board setup that way.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 00:48:51 »
man everyone hates on silver

it's the bomb
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Atredl

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 00:59:56 »
man everyone hates on silver

it's the bomb
Amen.

I still miss my Ducky Mini YOTH. One of the main reasons I’m getting this case in silver.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 10:40:44 »
man everyone HotRoderX hates on silver

Fixed. Silver is versatile and tasteful and (almost) everyone knows it.  :p

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 11:04:51 »
Silver is the most versatile and classiest color. Looks great on tkl, normal styled 60% and hhkb cases. Not so much on 75, 96key, or cases with lots of angles like this one.
keyboards.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 11:05:59 »
With only 1 day left to order, I'm getting tempted to pick up 2 since they're only $80. So many decisions!

Offline graefeln

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 11:09:11 »
With only 1 day left to order, I'm getting tempted to pick up 2 since they're only $80. So many decisions!

I was feeling the same way... but do I really want two of the same case? I mean, it is a nice case at a nice price, but something else will come along eventually... but who knows when...

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 11:14:10 »
Man this is a nice case and I'd really love to get one but DHL/FedEx means exorbitant import charges for me in Canada. Guess I have 24 hours to decide...

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 11:15:52 »
Trying out split backspace/split rshift on new 60% and I think it's my favorite layout.
Using R shift as up, menu as down, r os as left and r ctrl as right with PU/PD/home/end mapped as Fn-layer

This is cool. Sounds like you're ready for 40% life! I'm loving my split-space on my mechmini and would really miss it on a 60% if I went back.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 11:26:46 »

I was feeling the same way... but do I really want two of the same case? I mean, it is a nice case at a nice price, but something else will come along eventually... but who knows when...

It's all about options. One day I might want a red case and the next I might want a cyan case. It'd also make an excellent gift.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 11:29:59 »
I'm in for the cyan color!

Offline lac29

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 12:56:10 »

That's exactly why I'm excited about this DZ pcb 60% with arrows. Split backspace and split rshift are really neat to have in this layout.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 13:19:41 »

That's exactly why I'm excited about this DZ pcb 60% with arrows. Split backspace and split rshift are really neat to have in this layout.

KBParadise V60 has a similar function, although without the split Shift - Fn + Enter turns the bottom right corner into an arrow pad, even has an indicator LED under Shift to show it's in that mode - pretty useful for a non-programmable keyboard
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 13:29:11 »
Will the price of the case go up after groupbuy ends?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 14:35:42 »

if there sold after the group buy I would think the price would go up a fair bit. I might be mistaken but the 80 dollar price tag was for a MOQ of 200.. currently the group buy is up to almost 400. I wouldn't expect the 80 dollar price tag instead I would think it be more reasonable for it to be expected in the 99 dollar range which is still really good value for a solid looking case.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 15:24:42 »

if there sold after the group buy I would think the price would go up a fair bit. I might be mistaken but the 80 dollar price tag was for a MOQ of 200.. currently the group buy is up to almost 400. I wouldn't expect the 80 dollar price tag instead I would think it be more reasonable for it to be expected in the 99 dollar range which is still really good value for a solid looking case.

i don't think it'll go up that much but who knows