Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 307114 times)

Offline fanman888

54** shipping notification this morning.

So it looks like things are moving pretty quick.

Thanks Zeal, looking forward to getting them and not using them till Lunaris runs the next ZZ96 order.

Did you have stabs in your order?

Offline fanman888

So, up against a bit of a time constraints because I leave for winter break on 12/16. Is it looking like I should swap shilling addresses due to stab screws?

Please reply to your order confirmation email and provide me with your updated address. Sorry about the delay. :(

Same situation for me. Sending email.

Offline dante

I've got a question; one that I ask for you to use your imagination.

If you added Zealencio silencing adapters AND O-rings to help reduce travel which of the switch weights would be most similar to scissor switches?  This means which spring is going to give you the most brief but strong tactile bite as high as possible in the travel?  The Zealencio will trim a little distance up top with the O-Ring handling a lot on the bottom.  The important part I think is that the tactility needs to be high enough because a thick O-ring will probably interfere if it's too low.

Please answer that one first.  After that do you think Jailhouse Aristotle Zealios might be a better mouse trap for this mission?
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 December 2016, 10:57:39 by dante »

Offline kawasaki161

If you added Zealencio silencing adapters AND O-rings to help reduce travel which of the switch weights would be most similar to scissor switches?  This means which spring is going to give you the most brief but strong tactile bite as high as possible in the travel?  The Zealencio will trim a little distance up top with the O-Ring handling a lot on the bottom.  The important part I think is that the tactility needs to be high enough because a thick O-ring will probably interfere if it's too low.

Please answer that one first.  After that do you think Jailhouse Aristotle Zealios might be a better mouse trap for this mission?

I'd guess 67g since the tactile point feels the highest and scissor switches have the tactility right at the top of the stroke. But if you already go that far I'd use a plastic washer instead of a o-ring to make it not feel insanely mushy, the downstroke is already silenced through the Zealencio. Still, it will never really feel like scissor switches, in fact I'd guess it will feel a lot worse and would require a lot of fine tuning to make the bottom-out a 100% certain actuation without increasing the travel to non scissor switch levels.

To the second one, I guess Jailhouse mods on Blue/Green stems would do the trick just as well as Aristotle stems without costing a fortune. If you take away the insanely clean click the Aristotle loses its charme imho.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.

67g would be the one I'd pick up for such a mod.

But to reduce the bottom out to the point where it's literally right at the tactile bump, you might have to incorporate adding one or two of those imsto rubber balls into the center pole, Zealencios, and thick o-rings. There will still be pre-travel of less than 2mm though, so not sure how you plan on removing that.

You can't really jailhouse an Aristotle stem the same way as MX blues/greens. The click piece has a guiding rail/slider that runs on the interior of the stem slider...Maybe if you can think of a way to glue the slider at its most extended position, then maybe?
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline lifestronaut

54** shipping notification this morning.

So it looks like things are moving pretty quick.

Thanks Zeal, looking forward to getting them and not using them till Lunaris runs the next ZZ96 order.

Did you have stabs in your order?

No stabs, just 78G switches.

Offline Cerasis

Any updates on 52xx orders? I haven't gotten my tracking info yet.  :(
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

If you read above, depending on what you ordered there have been delays. Just be patient.

Offline boo

Just need the stabs for upcoming build :) 52xx here too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.

If it makes you feel any better, numbers-wise, mine is 45xx and hasn't shipped yet, though I know it's waiting on the PCB and replacement screws.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

My order number is 49XX and shipped, I think it depends on what you ordered (just switches or stabs on top etc.)

Offline Owntrolf

my order is like 56xx and mine got shipped today

Offline Maybee

Order 55XX shipped today.

Hope you guys get your stuff soon!
Build In progress. B.face X2-67g R4 Zeals-SA HyperFuse

Offline Slash Emperor

My order number is 49XX and shipped, I think it depends on what you ordered (just switches or stabs on top etc.)

Oh, I know. I picked up some of everything, so I know I'm going to be in the last of the shipments for R4. Just thought it was funny since I have a low order number in this round, but I understand why it's so. Half my kit stuff that I'm pairing my R4 order with isn't in yet anyways, so it's all good.

Offline dakisback

Have you received the replacement screws from gateron? I'm hoping to get the PCB,  stabilizers,  and switches before Christmas.  :)

Thanks Zeal

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Have you received the replacement screws from gateron? I'm hoping to get the PCB,  stabilizers,  and switches before Christmas.  :)

Thanks Zeal

He'll post in the thread when he gets them. Zeal is really good about providing updates.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow

Thanks Zeal

He'll post in the thread when he gets them. Zeal is really good about providing updates.

BUT, I WANT IT NOWWW!!!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2016, 11:53:01 by MandrewDavis »
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

Thanks Zeal

It's holiday season right now, so even DHL deliveries are taking an extra day now. Screws are scheduled for delivery today, looking to send out everyone's order before Christmas still!

Offline Cotay

My order 53XX with 67g's arrived safely today. Thanks!!!!! Now I just need to hold out for the general availability of the Zeal60 sometime in the next year to use these (early hopefully)!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Fingers crossed Royal Mail aren't **** this Christmas
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.

But you checked out with DHL shipping. :))
----------------

Update on screws. I had two packages that was supposed to come in via DHL, and only one of them came. Unfortunately they weren't the screws. I sent an email asking my account manager if he could push a second delivery run out in the afternoon, so we'll have to see...

Unfortunately that means they'll come in tomorrow if not this afternoon. :( Sorry about the delay folks, holiday season has all couriers/post overworked.

In addition, PCB only orders should start going out tomorrow.

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2016, 18:15:11 by Zeal »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy

----------------

Update on screws. I had two packages that was supposed to come in via DHL, and only one of them came. Unfortunately they weren't the screws. I sent an email asking my account manager if he could push a second delivery run out in the afternoon, so we'll have to see...

Unfortunately that means they'll come in tomorrow if not this afternoon. :( Sorry about the delay folks, holiday season has all couriers/post overworked.

Hmmmmm. Well who knows how long that will take OuO

Offline Stevec

Ordered PCB + 67gs and LED's but I'm not in a rush to get em.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Did you receive all of the PCBs?  Last I remember, you only had 40 of them. 

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Did you receive all of the PCBs?  Last I remember, you only had 40 of them. 

Yes, all PCBs are received and majority have been flashed. Working on the "read me" paper that will be included with all PCBs.

Offline fanman888

----------------

In addition, PCB only orders should start going out tomorrow.

Thanks for the update! Glad I was able to contact you to change delivery address so I know my package won't be returned by Canada Post. My TriC & VE.A builds will just have to wait until after Christmas.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
It's cool Zeal, I'll just keep writing papers on my cell phone   :'(

Offline dakisback

Thanks Zeal

It's holiday season right now, so even DHL deliveries are taking an extra day now. Screws are scheduled for delivery today, looking to send out everyone's order before Christmas still!

Thank you for the update! I'm anxiously waiting. I unfortunately lost my 60% in my backpack last week and am using an old Corsair K90  :(. I am so excited to build my first board from parts using all Zeal components(cept case and caps.)

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
Are those stabs wires made from 18k gold or 24k gold?
thanks

Offline Cerasis

52xx order's tracking info has been received!  :D

Finally can get that build finished before christmas!
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline johntron25

Got DHL tracking yesterday, package was on may doorstep today (US-CA). Thanks for shipping!

Offline olieatstofu

I have my zeals, and planck on the way via royal mail, I feel your pain.

I have actually spared some money to pay for the ridiculous custom charges that await me  :mad:

Offline kawasaki161

I have my zeals, and planck on the way via royal mail, I feel your pain.

I have actually spared some money to pay for the ridiculous custom charges that await me  :mad:

Unless Zeal changed something about his shipping without telling us you'll only have to pay ridiculous customs charges for the Planck. I mean, you are only ordering pushbutton switches right ;) ?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Are those stabs wires made from 18k gold or 24k gold?
thanks

None. If the stab wires were made of 18k or 24k gold, they wouldn't be $30+ a piece. Probably 10x+ that price :))

On that note, they're 24k gold plated. They have been tested in Chemical baths and do not tarnish/discolor/react to finger oils. That said, all stab wires are carefully hand packed with microfiber gloves.

Offline lifestronaut

Just a quick one Zeal.
I have had my order shipped through Canada Post, any idea how long it will take to reach Australia?

The Canada Post site essentially states two options, 6-10 days or 2-3 Months.
Just wondering if I should curb my enthusiasm or get hyped?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Just a quick one Zeal.
I have had my order shipped through Canada Post, any idea how long it will take to reach Australia?

Small Packet int'l is the one I offer, which takes 6-10 business days.

Offline Data

Received in Florida, extremely expeditious as always.  Thank you Zeal.

Offline lifestronaut

Just a quick one Zeal.

Small Packet int'l is the one I offer, which takes 6-10 business days.

In that case, looks like it's time to get hyped!
Thanks Zeal.

Looking forward to further purchases from you in the future.

Offline Neo.X

Got my 67g Zealio switch today, couldn't be happier. Really nice switch, smooth with a nice bump. Thanks :thumb:
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Ugh...I know it's not Zeal's fault but getting salty, I just want my stuff. :(  Order #55XX  RIP.

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
Ugh...I know it's not Zeal's fault but getting salty, I just want my stuff. :(  Order #55XX  RIP.

#4540 But I am a patient person =D

Offline Slash Emperor

#4540 But I am a patient person =D

4531. Brother!

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
Sit tight folks, I got the replacement screws in late this afternoon. Currently screwing in every screw into the nut half way to make sure there are no issues before being sent out.

As a thank you for being patient and waiting for your PCBs to arrive, all Zeal60 PCB orders will include a free small bag of 6 or so M2x4mm screws for your aftermarket aluminum case and maximum #swag/bling factor (already tested on Duck/FMJ boards and they fit 100% without issue). Please note, these screws are not interchangeable with the M2x4mm screws that come with your screw-in stabilizers!!

In the event someone wanted to buy extra, they are up for sale here:
https://zealpc.net/products/gold-plated-m2x4mm-screws-for-60-poker-style-cases
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 December 2016, 23:00:52 by Zeal »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
That's a pretty picture.

I am #4674 and haven't had a shipping confirmation yet :'(

Offline nugglets

Relaxxxxxx everyone =)

I was literally the first person to order and have no shipping confirmation ;) But I understand that it's not Zeal's fault and that he's getting things out as fast as he can.

Offline Brammm87

As a thank you for being patient and waiting for your PCBs to arrive, all Zeal60 PCB orders will include a free small bag of 6 or so M2x4mm screws for your aftermarket aluminum case
Yay!
pls gief bbv2

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
**** yeah!!!!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
Didn't get a PCB but might have to pick some of those hotness up for the incoming viper.

Offline loud_asian

Didn't get a PCB but might have to pick some of those hotness up for the incoming viper.

I don't think these will work for the new style of case that the v2 is using. I think you might be able to use these with the v1
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
I got my order in yesterday (some 78g goodness).  Thanks!  I can tell I like them better than 65 already.
Any instruction on how to use that sharp tool for the silencing clips?