Jokrik's Blackbird
12 (7%)
Kurplop's Planet 6
32 (18.6%)
Pomk's PENDULA
11 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Sat, 28 January 2017, 14:22:43

Author Topic: KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR - VOTE!!  (Read 13969 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Re: Keyboard of the Month 2016 - Winners
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 10:00:00 »
OK. So I had to rehost the image of yesguchi's board on imgur and it was overloaded for ages for me for some reason. But anyway, here we are.

The rules for KOTY are:

THREE VOTES PER PERSON

TEN DAYS TO VOTE

ONE WINNER

A TIE WILL GO DOWN TO PERCENTAGE OF THE VOTE FROM THE MONTH THE BOARDS WON

CHOOSE CAREFULLY. VOTES CANNOT BE CHANGED

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 January 2017, 14:22:35 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: Keyboard of the Month 2016 - Winners
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 14:33:48 »
Voted! Easy choice for me

Offline E3E

Re: KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR - VOTE!!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 19:04:41 »
A good onomatopoeia for this one--*kur-plop!*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:02:00 »
Voted, although I wish we could have had 4 votes each.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 02:44:43 »
Voted, although I wish we could have had 4 votes each.

Some people will never be satisfied ;)

Edit: Links now added to each entry so you can see more about the boards
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 January 2017, 04:09:51 by katushkin »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 09:32:07 »
woops, didn't read and only voted once. RIP

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 09:43:06 »

You're not the only one... :confused:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 09:44:32 »
Voted! 2 were easy, but the last was hard to choose.

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 10:30:00 »
We should be able to put all 3 votes on the same build.
For me planet 6 is just at another level!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 18:11:15 »

Sorry boys, I thought I made it pretty clear in the first reply, and it was like that last year as well.

I will put it in the OP to make sure.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 18:13:56 »

Sorry boys, I thought I made it pretty clear in the first reply, and it was like that last year as well.

I once took a math test in grade school.  It had like 50 questions, that got more difficult as you went on.  The very last question was to ignore questions 1-49.  You would think I learned from this... nope.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 20:02:37 »
Crazy good year for keyboard projects, was a very tough vote! Lots of good vintage, modern, and fully custom builds :)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 19:45:03 »

I once took a math test in grade school.  It had like 50 questions, that got more difficult as you went on.  The very last question was to ignore questions 1-49.  You would think I learned from this... nope.

I did something like that.

The top of the first page said to review each question carefully before starting.

It got me too :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline richfiles

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 22:35:22 »
Two were easy, the last choice was hard. In the end, my final vote was a close match between two close contenders... key layout ended up making the decision for me between those last two contender's prettier keycap set or prettier plate/housing.

Who knows! Maybe my keyboard will make it into voting in 2017? It's sure taking long enough to finish!  :rolleyes:
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 22:59:36 »
Yesguchi's ergo board

ergo and vertic... what?   :eek:

Kurplop's Planet 6

cool :thumb:

Pomk's PENDULA

not as impressive as above two, but it looks nice.  ;D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Re: KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR - VOTE!! - <24HRS TO GO
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 15:25:20 »
LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO GO AND THIS VOTE IS CLOSE AS ****. NO EXAGGERATION

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR - VOTE!! - <24HRS TO GO
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 16:37:07 »
LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO GO AND THIS VOTE IS CLOSE AS ****. NO EXAGGERATION
Nah you must be joking, apart from the Kishsaver (even that's about half of Planet 6), I can't think how else it'd be close.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 20:30:27 »
Can't believe I almost missed this thread. Voted!

Offline E3E

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 15:01:46 »
It's a tie!

However, it looks like Kurplop ultimately takes the win thanks to the rule of percentage of vote in the KOTM polls. Both Ghostjuggernaut's and Kurplop's boards had very high majority percentages for their respective months, but Kurplop's was astronomical.

Congrats to both of you and all of the winners of KOTM, and to everyone who voted!

Of course, props to Kurplop for a very fitting win for KOTY!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 15:13:12 »
Congratulations kurplop!  Such an amazing project and keyboard.  You deserve it.  :thumb:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 16:16:02 »
Congrats kurplop! Really awesome board and I'm glad you were able to get KOTM and KOTY .

Can't wait to see a GB for this ;)

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 17:32:48 »
I was surprised but certainly honored to win the 2016 KOTY. I thought I had a unique board but figured that most people here would have a preference for something more similar to what they use. As I looked back on the other entries, I saw 12 winners; all beautiful and unique in their own way. Many thanks to those who named my board among their favorites and for all of your encouragement through this project. A special thanks for ghost juggernaut's kind words; we really share the honor.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 02:53:35 »
Congratulations to Kurplop! The Planet 6 truly is a fantastic and unique project, and a well deserved winner! Commiserations to Ghostjuggernaut but there can only be one winner.

It truly has been neck and neck since the very beginning, but unfortunately I had to pick a way of making the final decision and I thought that a percentage would be the most fair way (Biggest Loser style).

I wanted to thank everybody who has participated over the last 12 months. All the people who searched through all the threads to find these fantastic boards for us to look at, all those who added their +1s in the nomination threads, and all the people who voted every month to give us our winners. And of course I would like to thank all of our participants. The creators, the designers, the photographers, the restorers and inventors. Because without you, this competition would not be possible.

Infiniti has agreed once again to sort out the stickers for all the winners, and I have decided to change the prize for the KOTY winner to something a bit more fitting which I will try to sort next week. Updates will be posted in the KOTM updates thread, so look to there for more information.

I do have one favour to ask. If anybody know idollar IRL or on any other forum, please get in contact with him or ask him to contact me as I need his mailing address to send him his stickers but he's not been active since around April.

Congratulations Kurplop again, and a huge thanks to everyone who has participated in this project of mine over the last 12 month. Our attention now turns to 2017 and the January nomination thread :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:48:42 »
Congratulations Kurplop :)

Won the respective monthly by a landslide, so it's no surprise it did well in the yearly too.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 20:26:23 »
Congrats Kurplop.

You are a god amongst men.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 00:05:51 »
Well deserved Kurplop and a great board from Ghost too!