Author Topic: [GB] F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! Kishsaver+Industrial Model F  (Read 2354864 times)

Offline duface

Re: [GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 14:24:20 »
What Ellipse is doing is the resurrection of the original Model-F series here

Yes I think we're aware of that at this point.

Seriously though. Ellipse, get into the custom Model M cap game. You would make a killing.

And **** it, make em out of ABS so you have more color options. Do they really NEED to be PBT? Like will an ABS version break?
Yeah, they kind of do. ABS wears down much faster. It's why your ABS keys get shiny and smooth over time. PBT  is wayyy more resistant to that kind of wear.

I don't think the market for buckling spring caps is that big. 99% of the market is cherry.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
« Reply #951 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 16:38:49 »
I can look into other color options for the final round but I would need minimum commitments - probably at least 10-20 key sets.  Please let me know if you know of any popular color options you'd think would be good.

Yes we are sticking with high quality PBT caps. 

Correct I cannot dye sublimate a lighter color onto a darker key cap color due to the limitations of dye sub tech. 

I looked into pad printing and given the very high MOQ I am not pursuing it.  I am not doing double shot-requires different molds to be made.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #952 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 19:44:50 »
I can look into other color options for the final round but I would need minimum commitments - probably at least 10-20 key sets.  Please let me know if you know of any popular color options you'd think would be good.

Yes we are sticking with high quality PBT caps. 

Correct I cannot dye sublimate a lighter color onto a darker key cap color due to the limitations of dye sub tech. 

I looked into pad printing and given the very high MOQ I am not pursuing it.  I am not doing double shot-requires different molds to be made.

Glad you didn't get into PAD Printing because that would of killed this Group Buy for me  :( .

Stick with the ORIGINAL key-cap colour-way because when all is said and done the morons who pick brightly coloured key-caps today, usually end up selling them eventually or getting rid of them.  The standard colour-way for Model-Fs is ALWAYS there, no matter the years that pass and no matter the age of the person who bought it, they will always stay the same.

Buckling Spring is an AMERICAN icon switch hence keep the standard, if you start making Pink, Yellow, Red or Purple key-sets they will be used once then thrown away.  The essence of children wanting a different colour but as they age, that choice they had made is their misery to own along with their own embarrassment.

Buckling Spring isn't a Cherry switch with tonnes of different profiles and colours being available to it.  Stick with the original colour-way so that 20 to 40 years in the future your own grand kiddies can see what an awesome keyboard this is as well as it's enduring design in key-caps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 June 2017, 19:47:08 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #953 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 21:17:52 »
Also Ellipse,

PLEASE make sure ALL of the legends are adjusted perfectly on every key cap here, forget about adding numerous colours if the legends are lop sided or placed stupidly all over the key-caps.

Don't forget what Unicomp has done to their dye-sub keys in which they totally stuffed up the legends with ultra poor quality legend placement making them look vastly inferior.  What ever you do Ellipse don't copy Unicomp in any way particularly their current lack of quality in manufacturing key-caps.

YOU have to set the standard here because IBM is no longer in the picture of making their once superior key-switch and their own key-caps, hence it is all up to you now to show the world and leave something in historical records when the future arrives and sees your work for what it shall be, a fantastic reproduction of the original Model-F keyboard in every detail.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #954 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 22:48:06 »
Elrick have you ever considered the possibility that, like, maybe people want something other than what you do? Like, I mean just to be real specific, that they don't share your opinions? Does that make any sense to you? I can try to be more specific if you'd like, let me know. In the meantime, just something for you to consider. Food for though, so to speak.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #955 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 00:00:21 »
Elrick have you ever considered the possibility that, like, maybe people want something other than what you do? Like, I mean just to be real specific, that they don't share your opinions? Does that make any sense to you? I can try to be more specific if you'd like, let me know. In the meantime, just something for you to consider. Food for though, so to speak.

:rolleyes:

Are you, like, the opinion police? I'm pretty sure he's aware. Let the man have his say, his posts are quality

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #956 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 00:51:41 »
Nevermind. I don't care. I just want the F77.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 June 2017, 00:53:51 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #957 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 08:10:39 »

:rolleyes:

Are you, like, the opinion police? I'm pretty sure he's aware. Let the man have his say, his posts are quality

Nobody ever calls him out on his BS, so I see no problem in someone disagreeing with his ott posts which dismiss and often attack anyone with a different opinion.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #958 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 17:18:21 »
Elrick is abrasive. You get used to it.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #959 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 04:02:43 »
Ellipse for those of us that ordered early when you were still planning to buy the keys from Unicomp for this project, I assume those sets are automatically (and thankfully) being replaced with the sets you are making but what happens in the case of an APL set or anything outside the std that would have originally come from Unicomp?

And maybe even learn to love it.. ;)

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #960 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 06:06:47 »
Yes atlas.  Only a few people are getting special sets like Unicomp APL.  I will not be making those.  Most APL orderers switched to the new keys.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #961 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:21:31 »

And maybe even learn to love it.. ;)

Not a chance.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #962 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 12:33:36 »

^

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #963 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 01:52:17 »
Yes atlas.  Only a few people are getting special sets like Unicomp APL.  I will not be making those.  Most APL orderers switched to the new keys.

Thanks, pm'd.

Offline axtran

« Reply #964 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 10:53:42 »
@Ellipse, I PM'd regarding a color and cap color change to my F62 compact, haven't received any system notice yet.
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #965 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 16:32:28 »
I am heading back from KeyCon 2017!  Nice meeting everyone, and hope everyone had a chance to try out the first run F62 and F77 keyboards!  Please do post your initial impressions if you'd like but keep in mind these are not yet finished :)

Sorry for the delay axtran

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #966 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 16:49:31 »
I am heading back from KeyCon 2017!  Nice meeting everyone, and hope everyone had a chance to try out the first run F62 and F77 keyboards!  Please do post your initial impressions if you'd like but keep in mind these are not yet finished :)

Thanks for bringing them out!
You made me a believer out of me.
I have to get in on this now.

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #967 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 21:12:27 »

It was quite an experience, getting to try out your prototypes. Moreso, a pleasure to meet you in person. Lovely work - it is clearly a labor of love, what you're doing.

I come from the MX world, as a relatively new enthusiast. Never had an opportunity to type on buckling springs (at least as an adult) until today, so I didn't know what to expect. The keys were buttery smooth, yet tactile, and audibly... assertive. A real pleasure to type on.

The zinc cases were most impressive. Very hefty and solid. As you mentioned, the anodized aluminum cases need further improvement, but they'll also be very nice once they get there.

I appreciated the quick demo you gave me of the key mapping utility as you were getting ready to leave. Thanks for doing that! I've never used this firmware before, so it was great to see what I was in for.

Thanks for coming out!
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #968 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 22:13:52 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 11:50:20 by alienman82 »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #969 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 22:54:36 »

Really nice to meet you!  I brought an original model F AT to the meetup, and can say I didn't notice a difference in feel really.  The F77 looked so good.  really considering one now

Really want to order a f62 now...

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #970 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 01:37:46 »
Nice to see some positive impressions.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #971 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 03:07:35 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 02:30:52 by iamacicada »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #972 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 03:13:19 »

Really nice to meet you!  I brought an original model F AT to the meetup, and can say I didn't notice a difference in feel really.  The F77 looked so good.  really considering one now

Really want to order a f62 now...

Seems like everyone there at keycon had good impression with them. I've been trying to cut down on kb purchases lately but I think I really should order an f62 now or else I'll regret it later

I'm definitely buying one or both now. Killer boards.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #973 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 21:14:22 »
Nice to see some positive impressions.

A newly built Model-F will always do that to you   :thumb: .

Even those pathetic fools that use to worship Cherry and their clones, come away amazed when they first use an authentic Model-F keyboard.

In the end those with low- IQ's tend to be happy in their ignorance and will miss in owning this spectacular keyboard but those who know what a real Model-F is like, will benefit from owning this newly resurrected piece of history, done to perfection.

Never feel sorry for the foolish and the ignorant, they deserve to only have poorly designed and manufactured keyboards, since they can not even comprehend in owning and using an Ellipse keyboard within their dull lives.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 June 2017, 21:20:20 by Elrick »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #974 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 23:31:37 »

In the end those with low- IQ's

Dude are you serious? **** off already.

You are a complete douchebag. What the hell have you ever contributed except asinine behavior?
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 June 2017, 23:35:19 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #975 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 04:24:13 »

You are a complete douchebag. What the hell have you ever contributed except asinine behavior?

Hype. Lots and lots of hype.

Offline joey

« Reply #976 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 04:31:41 »

Feel free to ignore his messages!

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #977 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 11:14:01 »

Yeah, along with those of everyone else too. Shows what kind of community we got here that lets a guy like that spread his toxicity around freely. Just goes to show, doesnt it?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #978 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 11:36:21 »

Yeah, along with those of everyone else too. Shows what kind of community we got here that lets a guy like that spread his toxicity around freely. Just goes to show, doesnt it?

Well you can either report his message or ignore all his posts.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #979 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 12:38:19 »

Well you can either report his message or ignore all his posts.

Thanks for the tip. I reported his comment.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #980 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 19:06:59 »
Yes thanks all for the kind words trying out the Brand New Model F keyboards in person.

If there are any more meetups coming up please let me know.  I might be out in northern CA for a week or so this summer in case anyone is doing a meetup.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #981 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 21:24:40 »
How would I get a red case for the keyboard on the website?
I don't think I saw a red option.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #982 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 07:59:31 »
I'm gonna throw all my other boards in the trash when mine shows up... maybe I keep just one hhkb...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #983 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 16:42:43 »
Latin00032 feel free to order 75 units of the store item "$1 increments" and make a note that it is for the True Red case upgrade.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #984 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 22:49:17 »
Hey Ellipse, just following up on an email sent last week regarding my order change and adds #1953. Can you check your email since I added on to your Excel spreadsheet for easy sorting. Thanks very much

Offline DZed

« Reply #985 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 13:06:27 »
Hello Geekhack! Ellipse and I have been chatting and he has asked if I would do the F XT Quality reproduction legends for the keys he is offering. Without really knowing what I was stepping into (8 International kits!) I agreed and began working up a list of all the keys I would need to produce. Ellipse thought that it might be useful if I were to share the pics I worked up for those folks still deciding what they want to order. All the fonts and icons are just placeholders at this point as I have not finished the artwork yet. First up is the base kit and the option kits as they are currently available.

171825-0

Here are the num/nav pad options for the F77. #3 is a layout that I came up with and Ellipse thought it might be worth offering.

171827-1

As I was working up the key/legend list, various additional possibilities started coming to mind. Some of these keys may end up in the kits which are currently offered, some may end up in an extra kit(s) and some may be a bit too ambitious to produce (media keys?). Now is the time to offer any feedback you have for novelties or whatever you might like to add. Items circled in red have placeholder legends, all the arrows and such are actual artwork from the reproduction font.

171829-2

Hope this proves useful. I will post a few layout pics soon as well as the current state of the F font reproduction.

Offline DZed

« Reply #986 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 13:30:37 »
Here are the various layout options offered for the F62 and F77. Posted for those still sitting on the fence as the early bird deadline approaches!

171831-0

Some mockups of the various optional key sets.

171833-1

Better renders with the reproduction font will follow but I wanted to get this posted before the ordering deadline.

Offline jzono1

« Reply #987 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 16:51:03 »
How far away is the deadline? (Found it on the webpage. Just a couple more days.  :))

I still have to put in three of the four keyboards I'll be ordering. One of each in True Red. One black and one industrial grey. I think I want an Industrial Grey F62, but now that I see the SSK keyset I'm not sure anymore. Can I still get the F77 in Industrial Grey?

The Industrial SSK key set looks incredible. How do I order it?
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 June 2017, 16:52:48 by jzono1 »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #988 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 19:21:15 »
Yes jzono1 you can still get F77 in Industrial Gray and/or True Red.  Here is the link for the Industrial SSK set:  https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product/industrial-ssk-blue-keys/

Thanks again Zed.  Once the higher resolution screenshots are ready please send them over and I will post on the web site.

Offline DZed

« Reply #989 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 19:28:27 »
Glad to be part of the project Ellipse. Up to the letter X now.  ;D

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #990 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 22:01:19 »
Are these caps going to have the same font as the ones you can get from Unicomp?  Was considering picking up a red Esc/Enter from them to create a vaguely Honeywell vibe, but if you guys are doing things a bit differently then I won't bother (or is that something I could get from you?).

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #991 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 22:09:32 »
The font will resemble that of the original XT keyboards - not too far off from Unicomp's font.  I don't think it would be an issue.  The only colors for my keys are the standard pearl/pebble, black, and Industrial SSK blue.

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #992 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 22:59:14 »
Hi Ellipse, I ordered a F77 through modelfkeyboards.com last month, how could I add the F XT Quality keyset into my order? Thanks.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #993 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 23:42:41 »
ricyuyc feel free to order this store item and choose free/other shipping - https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product/set-of-xt-quality-one-piece-keys/

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #994 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 02:26:06 »
The only colors for my keys are the standard pearl/pebble, black, and Industrial SSK blue.

Thanks Ellipse for still holding firm over 'original colours' verses all the fairy-like colours that so many idiot-millennials would want. 

Some of them do not even know how to dress, let alone choose correct colours for anything  ;D .

As always love your work and keep it going all the way to the finish, which will be SUPERB.

Offline joey

« Reply #995 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 02:30:04 »
ricyuyc feel free to order this store item and choose free/other shipping - https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product/set-of-xt-quality-one-piece-keys/
Is this the 'standard' set I will get by default?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #996 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 06:25:11 »
Yes joey

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #997 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 07:20:34 »
Now is the time to offer any feedback you have for novelties or whatever you might like to add.

I'd love a backspace key to replace capslock for Colemak. Ellipse suggested ordering a blank but hey if we're making requests then why not. x

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #998 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 10:38:12 »
The font will resemble that of the original XT keyboards - not too far off from Unicomp's font.  I don't think it would be an issue.  The only colors for my keys are the standard pearl/pebble, black, and Industrial SSK blue.

Cool, thanks for the info.  I also realized if I don't like it I could just throw the caps on my Unicomp board anyway.  Pretty excited for this project though, I finally may find a switch that could challenge my topre love, and (for me) with an HHKB layout no less?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #999 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 12:30:48 »
Now is the time to offer any feedback you have for novelties or whatever you might like to add.

I'd love a backspace key to replace capslock for Colemak. Ellipse suggested ordering a blank but hey if we're making requests then why not. x

Me too!