Author Topic: [GB] GMK BLOT | Shipping  (Read 82599 times)

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
[GB] GMK BLOT | Shipping
« on: Wed, 29 March 2023, 18:25:28 »
GMK BLOT

GB DATE

30/3/2023 - 24/4/2023
ETA:Q1-Q2 2024
Current Status: Shipping (Nov 13 2023)

INTRO

Welcome to GMK Blot, a set designed by ELOQUENTCLICKS, inspired by the Nordic blood ritual known as Blot.

Blot was the sacrifice that the Nordic pagans offered to their Gods.

Drench your keycaps in blood

PRICING

SPECIFICATIONS

Manufacturer: GMK
Material: Doubleshot ABS
Profile: Cherry
Number of kits: 5

COLORS

-Pantone 188C
-GMK WS1

KITTING

Renders made by Zetina#4784

KEYBOARD RENDERS

DEVOCIÓN // LAMINAR

W1-AT // GEONWORKS

BOOMERANG // LAMINAR

VENDORS

EU: ELOQUENTCLICKS
KR:GEONWORKS
CN: Zfrontier
OCE:AllCaps
SEA: Hex kb
CA: Ashkeebs
LATAM: Latamkeys
UK: Protozoa
US: Mekibo

COLLABS

HIBI x GMK BLOT

KEYBOARD COLLABS

-Laminar Designs Boomerang Blot edition: SOON

BOWL DESIGNS // RUNESTONE-XT

-FlatBrains Bloody Butter60: SOON

DESKMATS

ALTAR by Mellowcaps

BLOOD RITUAL by Olivious/KeepPixel

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 November 2023, 06:12:16 by WoobEC »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] GMK BLOT/ 30/3-24/4
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 17:32:15 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 18:06:24 »
Thank you  ;D

Offline Kuj0

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 22:07:29 »
Love the look of this set. Do you have a discord where we can keep up to date on it?

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 00:49:07 »
Love the look of this set. Do you have a discord where we can keep up to date on it?

here you go
https://discord.gg/gtwRudwS
P.craft Studio | Artisan Maker | www.pcraft.studio | https://discord.gg/jZGkhDyuKB

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 00:49:42 »
GLWGB!!  :thumb:
P.craft Studio | Artisan Maker | www.pcraft.studio | https://discord.gg/jZGkhDyuKB

Offline fzlo

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 05:08:43 »
Best set this year

Offline keepoto

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 10:06:46 »
GL with GB!!

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 12:04:31 »
In for everything but Nordeuk !
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline giuliano.cz

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 14:15:19 »
Joined for base kit + bars, still deciding on what deskmat to get :cool:

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 17:35:06 »
did GMK sent physical color samples? color is quite important for a monotone set like this

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 10:14:09 »
did GMK sent physical color samples? color is quite important for a monotone set like this

Yes they were delivered in a suitcase along with one million dollars in unmarked twenties.   
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 12:56:55 »

Yes they were delivered in a suitcase along with one million dollars in unmarked twenties.

huh?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 13:43:05 »
>did GMK sent physical color samples?
If you meant "did gmk send"...Prematched colors happened with GMK Moomin (which is amusing, because they looked so little like the renders it displeased many people). For the most part this doesn't happen, hence the sarcastic reply.

If you meant "did GMK get sent"...yeah, I agree, and the sample should be plastic. wouldnt mind seeing it next to RAL 3005 or perestroika either. That said, if the runner has a plastic chip...generally I figure we've seen photos of it, and the absence often but not always indicates it's not there.

Offline giuliano.cz

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 13:21:13 »
If you meant "did gmk send"...Prematched colors happened with GMK Moomin (which is amusing, because they looked so little like the renders it displeased many people). For the most part this doesn't happen, hence the sarcastic reply.

If you meant "did GMK get sent"...yeah, I agree, and the sample should be plastic. wouldnt mind seeing it next to RAL 3005 or perestroika either. That said, if the runner has a plastic chip...generally I figure we've seen photos of it, and the absence often but not always indicates it's not there.

AFAIK, they gave GMK the plastic chip they had in a recent keeb meetup, so that should help with the color matching and stuff.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 03:26:39 »
no they were waiting for y'all to teach them how to run a gb

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 09:26:55 »
No numbers yet? How's the GB doing?
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 10:57:45 »
No numbers yet? How's the GB doing?
GB numers are good, we are waiting to have all the numbers filled for the dvorcol graph

Offline sketch3v

• Sketch
    • Astro
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 19:04:47 »
awesome renders

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 22:58:40 »

no they were waiting for y'all to teach them how to run a gb

you should tell that to Nord's runner

Offline malignant narcissism

• sus
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 11:36:23 »
How dare you steal the color red.
oh hi mark

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 16:47:57 »

Edit: revised scale
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2023, 17:33:06 by dvorcol »

Offline iamtragic

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 16:55:01 »
Real impressive numbers - glad to see it's actually happening.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 17:14:34 »
Show Image

lookin' good! basekit and novelties gonna breeze past MOQ for sure

Offline Vintage

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 20:19:13 »
Looks good. Wish there were more nice red colorways like this done in PBT.

GL with GB!
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline Nukz

• ig: nukzak
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 14:11:59 »
Turned out great, glwgb!

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 20:30:21 »
Turned out great, glwgb!
My brother in Christ, how can it turn out great if it hasn't been put into production yet?
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline NSMN

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 05:12:42 »
Turned out great, glwgb!
My brother in Christ, how can it turn out great if it hasn't been put into production yet?
It may be that it is the GB, the design or something else that has gone right. Why are people so toxic lol

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 10:29:12 »
Turned out great, glwgb!
It may be that it is the GB, the design or something else that has gone right. Why are people so toxic lol
If they're referring to the set, anyone can buy KRK and make some decent looking renders. Saying that the GB turned out well is also jumping the gun, as there's so much that can go wrong with a GB, it's not as simple as reaching MOQ. And people are toxic because of the internet, and because there was some controversy with the IC of this keyset, and because there's been a whole lotta GBs turning out poorly recently.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline Nukz

• ig: nukzak
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 10:33:43 »
Turned out great, glwgb!
If they're referring to the set, anyone can buy KRK and make some decent looking renders. Saying that the GB turned out well is also jumping the gun, as there's so much that can go wrong with a GB, it's not as simple as reaching MOQ. And people are toxic because of the internet, and because there was some controversy with the IC of this keyset, and because there's been a whole lotta GBs turning out poorly recently.

I really cannot understand what do you want to show with these replies but, I was just referring to how everything turned out in the end, in general the whole set, colors, arrangement and everything based on the feedback from the IC!

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 April 2023, 16:12:56 by Nukz »

Offline Shorle

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 01:02:46 »
Thank you so much for trying to support NorDe and even EsFr! <3

My tip / plea for anyone running sets with sublegends wanting to support us EU folk: Please make subs on the special letters like ØÆÅÜÖÄ as well. 
I get not having subs on [];, keys because they are only punctuation but not having subs on common letters looks off. You wouldn't mix latin alphas ("outsiders") and subbed Alphas 20%/80%.

I fear NorEsFrDe support like this is what makes customers shy away and give bad rep towards even trying to give proper support.
That being said maybe I am just minority so GLWGB and I wish for all MOQ to be surpassed.

Offline MuffPi

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 09:22:57 »
Thank you so much for trying to support NorDe and even EsFr! <3

My tip / plea for anyone running sets with sublegends wanting to support us EU folk: Please make subs on the special letters like ØÆÅÜÖÄ as well. 
I get not having subs on [];, keys because they are only punctuation but not having subs on common letters looks off. You wouldn't mix latin alphas ("outsiders") and subbed Alphas 20%/80%.

I fear NorEsFrDe support like this is what makes customers shy away and give bad rep towards even trying to give proper support.
That being said maybe I am just minority so GLWGB and I wish for all MOQ to be surpassed.

Wow! I didn't even notice that. That's a deal breaker for me. If there are no sublegends, why do even bother? At first I was trying to verify if the EsFr knitting was compatible with ISO-Latam (which is not) and then I get to realize this.

It's a great set for touch typists. In my case this doesn't work, I change between ISO-Latam and ISO-DE often enough that I have to look now and then at the keyboard.

Hopefully more sets with better localization compatibility will come.

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 17:10:45 »
because there's been a whole lotta GBs turning out poorly recently.
it's not recent. vendors have gotten picky in the lasts few months due to the hobby stagnating, but most of the sets shipping now are from 2021, which means most of those were first time "designers" joining the bandwagon during the hobby's peak. it's not GBs turning out poorly, but GBs being doomed from the very start by lack of experience/commitment/color awareness (and vendors picking up every single half assed render and running a GB for it).

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 17:28:19 »
Wow! I didn't even notice that. That's a deal breaker for me. If there are no sublegends, why do even bother? At first I was trying to verify if the EsFr knitting was compatible with ISO-Latam (which is not) and then I get to realize this.

It's a great set for touch typists. In my case this doesn't work, I change between ISO-Latam and ISO-DE often enough that I have to look now and then at the keyboard.

either you don't know what sublegend means or you entirely misunderstood why they're there. you're saying you can't effectively type in german because some keys have no rune glyph as a tertiary symbol (and they're meant not to)? wtf lol

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 22:17:54 »
because there's been a whole lotta GBs turning out poorly recently.
it's not recent. vendors have gotten picky in the lasts few months due to the hobby stagnating, but most of the sets shipping now are from 2021, which means most of those were first time "designers" joining the bandwagon during the hobby's peak. it's not GBs turning out poorly, but GBs being doomed from the very start by lack of experience/commitment/color awareness (and vendors picking up every single half assed render and running a GB for it).
Guess we'll know in about 2 years then, if not less.

Offline MuffPi

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 01:48:43 »

either you don't know what sublegend means or you entirely misunderstood why they're there. you're saying you can't effectively type in german because some keys have no rune glyph as a tertiary symbol (and they're meant not to)? wtf lol

lol, sorry. I meant the tertiary symbols (the ones triggered by Alt Gr). I got thrown off by the EsFr not being compatible with Latam that I thought the keycaps didn't have them (which they do) and end up saying bs.
I totally misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.

Offline keepoto

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 11:05:30 »
entertainment

Offline uigofermagic

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 16 April 2023, 10:05:27 »
Good luck with GB! I think this set is going to be amazing on a lot of boards! Loved the Nord theming!

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 16 April 2023, 12:50:30 »

I said this in the IC thread, and I offered to help them pick the runes to go with the Nor keys as well. I don't think I got a response.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 05:21:15 »
Any stats on the progression of the ESFR kit ?

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 05:27:47 »
numbers?

Offline calvinari

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 11:04:48 »

AFAIK, they gave GMK the plastic chip they had in a recent keeb meetup, so that should help with the color matching and stuff.

Are there any photos of the physical colour sample that was given to GMK?

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 16:20:06 »
Next number update will be GB final numbers and GB final numbers + extras!

You can find the physical samples that were sent to GMK on our discord server.

Offline fastman13

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 21:06:26 »
Sorry if I miss information.

I'm new guy for mechanical hobby. I decide to join the first GB; however, I want to join discord to get any updates.
One guy did post the invitation which is invalid now. Could anyone help share link again? I'm appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 00:45:13 »
Sorry if I miss information.

I'm new guy for mechanical hobby. I decide to join the first GB; however, I want to join discord to get any updates.
One guy did post the invitation which is invalid now. Could anyone help share link again? I'm appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome.
https://discord.gg/gEryvsWD

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 03:58:05 »

Why's that ? You don't have the numbers or you don't want to provide it ? As a ESFR kit buyer I would like to know if it'll gonna make it...

Offline Nuap

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 19:33:00 »

Why's that ? You don't have the numbers or you don't want to provide it ? As a ESFR kit buyer I would like to know if it'll gonna make it...

WoobEC said that the next number update will answer your question..

I imagine that they're still collecting the numbers from all vendors (especially for extras because vendors may take a while to decide how many extras to order after GB).

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 03:02:51 »

WoobEC said that the next number update will answer your question..

I imagine that they're still collecting the numbers from all vendors (especially for extras because vendors may take a while to decide how many extras to order after GB).

The whole point was to know it before the GB ends. Anyway, we'll get our answer soon whether ESFR kit finally made it or not.

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 07:17:27 »
Last GB day!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 17:32:24 »

More
<-- without extras

Edit: all vendors reported