Author Topic: [IC] TGR X SINGA | UNIKORN 60  (Read 51453 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC] TGR X SINGA | UNIKORN 60
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 12:05:47 »
There you go. Here's a typing video of Unikorn. Recorded with Iphone =/

https://youtu.be/_H5e7e15VZQ15VZQ

- Switches: Gateron Black
- Springs: Stock
- Lube: Super Lube

nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:05:41 »

The joy of the 1.25u spacebar.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:47:56 »

yeah. Btw, I just noticed that the board feels very different when I used it on a table with glass top.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:55:43 by yuktsi »
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline regionfree

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 21:27:30 »

yeah. Btw, I just noticed that the board feels very different when I used it on a table with glass top.

I don't want to try that personally, because then I would have to get a glass top form my work set up if it happens to make a big difference in sound and feel.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 01:15:32 »
Hello,

I'm getting some swatches made, looks like the final 2 colours would be pink and grey.

Once the swatches are done, we can start the GB.

Probably the end of this week or next.

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 01:22:05 »
Hello,

I'm getting some swatches made, looks like the final 2 colours would be pink and grey.

YAAASSSS

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 03:59:52 »
Hello,

oh god i'm excited ;p

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 04:05:45 »

I don't want to try that personally, because then I would have to get a glass top form my work set up if it happens to make a big difference in sound and feel.

Glass deskmat GB anyone? Maybe with a SINGA/TGR frosted logo?

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 12:28:43 »
Third times the charm, can I get unikorn with raw sandblasted weight?

Offline gitcommit

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 23:07:38 »
Sorry for the question, but I'm still a little confused on how the mount works for this keyboard.

It says that the plate is universal, does that mean it supports ANSI/etc? And is the plate top or bottom mounted? I see that it is tray mounted, but I'm still a little confused on where the plate itself is screwed in.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because originally I thought universal meant that any 60% plate could be used (where they have screw into standoffs on the case itself, not sandwiched between the top and bottom case), which is something I wouldn't prefer. But after re-reading this, I believe it isn't? Can someone confirm my beliefs in that this keyboard does not use the typical 60% plate (as in the poker or anne) and is sandwiched in between top and bottom case? Thank you!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 23:30:07 »
Sorry for the question, but I'm still a little confused on how the mount works for this keyboard.

It says that the plate is universal, does that mean it supports ANSI/etc? And is the plate top or bottom mounted? I see that it is tray mounted, but I'm still a little confused on where the plate itself is screwed in.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because originally I thought universal meant that any 60% plate could be used (where they have screw into standoffs on the case itself, not sandwiched between the top and bottom case), which is something I wouldn't prefer. But after re-reading this, I believe it isn't? Can someone confirm my beliefs in that this keyboard does not use the typical 60% plate (as in the poker or anne) and is sandwiched in between top and bottom case? Thank you!

the plate doesn't get screwed in at all on a tray mount, the switches click into it and it just kinda sits there

universal is a layout thing, meaning that you can use ANSI/ISO among other things

it seems that it does use a typical 60% plate

but maybe catweewee/yuktsi will correct me
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline gitcommit

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 02:08:56 »
Ahh interesting, thank you! Hm, I guess I would have to look at the plate itself/the way it's held together then though other pictures.

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 02:15:38 »
Ahh interesting, thank you! Hm, I guess I would have to look at the plate itself/the way it's held together then though other pictures.

Don't spend too long looking, you'll miss the Unikorn

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 03:51:05 »

It will look like such:
https://imgur.com/a/PEEoY2D

1. Plate will rest on the "o-ring" which will rest on the protruding part of the case
2. PCB is screwed to the case bottom via normal stand-offs like you find in tray mounted boards
3. Screwed PCB will pull the plate down (after soldering ofc) which will depress the "o-ring" slightly
4. The "o-ring" is placed around the edges of the board (no screw holes around the edge of the board, hence "tray")
5. ??
6. Profit

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 04:07:21 »
Will an acrylic plate be an option?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 06:36:49 »
Will an acrylic plate be an option?

From OP (you should read OPs more carefully next time):

- Universal Plate in Brass or  Aluminium (ANSI/ISO) Plate will not allow for switch top mods (Removing polycarbonate until we can do further testing that it works)
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline DrGiggeler

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 15:37:29 »
Any update on the GB date?

Offline gitcommit

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 18:49:13 »

It will look like such:
https://imgur.com/a/PEEoY2D

1. Plate will rest on the "o-ring" which will rest on the protruding part of the case
2. PCB is screwed to the case bottom via normal stand-offs like you find in tray mounted boards
3. Screwed PCB will pull the plate down (after soldering ofc) which will depress the "o-ring" slightly
4. The "o-ring" is placed around the edges of the board (no screw holes around the edge of the board, hence "tray")
5. ??
6. Profit

Just wanted to say thank you for the detailed picture! :D Really really appreciate you taking the time to do that :) I understand that most people prefer case mount to tray mount due to sound and size, do you think the stand-offs will inherit any particular traits from tray mount? For instance, this versus the keycult/otd 356mini or volcano660?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 21:35:11 »
Are there any photos of the USB cut out?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 22:21:11 »
Are there any photos of the USB cut out?

weirdly no, i haven't seen any

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 08:59:05 »
Is the GB going up next week or something? Been deciding between this and the Reflex, but weewee/yuktsi is more reputable so I'm in.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 23:14:17 »
Hawt. When can I try to buy one?

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 12:44:17 »
Is the GB going up next week or something? Been deciding between this and the Reflex, but weewee/yuktsi is more reputable so I'm in.

This is also going to be quite a bit cheaper
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline ian13

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 13:06:11 »
Will shipment be thru EMS or DHL?

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 13:10:10 »
hope this wont end within a minute like the jane :/

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:10:23 »
hope this wont end within a minute like the jane :/

a man can dream

Offline 112227

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:42:46 »
patiently waiting  :eek:

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:44:57 »
Aramex

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline MiKeyy

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 18:37:37 »
are the additional colours set now?

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 23:38:48 »
Nice. I love your decision. It means my chance of getting Paradox just increases a bit lol  :thumb:

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 00:51:25 »
Nice. I love your decision. It means my chance of getting Paradox just increases a bit lol  :thumb:

If only I had money for both...

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 14:54:46 »
Third times the charm, can I get unikorn with raw sandblasted weight?
Please let me know if you get a response on this, I would be interested in the saw sandblasted as well.

Offline DrGiggeler

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 22:33:48 »
Update on the expected GB timeframe?

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 09:40:25 »
Helllo! Swatches are in.

Gb should be up this week.

Offline vikipedeer

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 09:44:15 »
pinkkkkkk yasssss
Current board:KBD75V2, Whitefox, Time TKL

say yes to bacon overlord

Offline dallman5

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 09:46:51 »
Oh that pink is nice! You're not making this color decision any easier :p
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 10:35:27 »
Helllo! Swatches are in.

Gb should be up this week.

Show Image
Show Image

very nice colors! it's gonna be hard to choose

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 10:37:17 »
Just have to decide if I want to eat or get another 60%

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 10:38:42 »
pink is the best! definitely in for one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dimo

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 10:45:17 »
**** I hope I can get in

Offline edasaur

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 16:35:05 »
very excite. hopefully will be the last monies I spend on keyboards...

this year

Offline crystalflame

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 16:38:18 »
Is it possible to get it raw and would it be the same price?

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 16:47:03 »
Is it possible to get it without the unicorn engraving? Sorry just really puts me off, can't stop getting a brony vibe...shudders

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 16:50:56 »
 I would possibly be interested in raw finish as well
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Lndefinite

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 17:31:59 »
Is it possible to get it without the unicorn engraving? Sorry just really puts me off, can't stop getting a brony vibe...shudders

Unicorns and ponies are not the same. Please don't assume all bronies like anything that has horse-like features. >:D

That being said, would it be possible to get a unicorn engraving without the horn and
could you change the lettering on the back to say "FLUTTERSHY" instead of "UNIKORN"?

Thanks <3

Offline zekkin

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 18:11:50 »

Unicorns and ponies are not the same. Please don't assume all bronies like anything that has horse-like features. >:D

That being said, would it be possible to get a unicorn engraving without the horn and
could you change the lettering on the back to say "FLUTTERSHY" instead of "UNIKORN"?

Thanks <3

yikes

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 18:33:35 »

Thanks <3
oh god oof

Offline regionfree

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 18:52:13 »

Thanks <3

I'd be in for a Rainbow Dash blue!

Offline ian13

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 19:07:08 »
Aramex

Thanks! I don't have any experience yet with Aramex. Is it like DHL Express or will the local post be responsible for delivery once it arrives in the country of destination?

Another thing, will this be fcfs? If so, how many units are planned?

Offline zekkin

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 19:21:15 »
Aramex

Thanks! I don't have any experience yet with Aramex. Is it like DHL Express or will the local post be responsible for delivery once it arrives in the country of destination?

Another thing, will this be fcfs? If so, how many units are planned?

Aramex forwards on to a carrier within the destination country. In the case of the USA, it forwards on to UPS and from there it's very very fast. I can't really answer the quantity questions.