Author Topic: GODZILLA VS KONG Final Trailer  (Read 3253 times)

Offline stoicbias

GODZILLA VS KONG Final Trailer
« on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 16:14:34 »
Any fellow Godzilla/Kaiju Geeks in here?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: GODZILLA VS KONG Final Trailer
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 17:59:30 »
I hope it's better than the last two absolute TRASH Godzilla movies. The last good one was Shin, the two American ones I honestly hated. I couldn't even get through King Of The Monsters, it gave me Batman v Superman vibes it was so bad. Even in the first 10 mins it was immediately terrible.

I have been enjoying this weird and unexpected Godzilla x MTG crossover in the Ikoria set though
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2021, 18:01:39 by noisyturtle »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 20:05:38 »
Monke wins

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 09:44:26 »
Monke wins

Agreed. They've fought once before, and the power of "RETURN to M O N K E" beat Godzilla then, I'm confident it will now! ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 10:00:25 »
Hopefully they're not stingy with the lazer cgi.

Offline stoicbias

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 13:06:55 »
I hope it's better than the last two absolute TRASH Godzilla movies. The last good one was Shin, the two American ones I honestly hated. I couldn't even get through King Of The Monsters, it gave me Batman v Superman vibes it was so bad. Even in the first 10 mins it was immediately terrible.

I have been enjoying this weird and unexpected Godzilla x MTG crossover in the Ikoria set though
Show Image

I'm curious as to why you disliked them. I know they got a lot of complaints but I'm curious about yours.  For me personally, I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to Godzilla movies (though I think Bear McReary's musical score probably tends to make me enjoy shows/movies more than I would otherwise.).  I grew up watching them as a child, and then began watching again as an adult when my son got into it. 

Oddly enough I didn't enjoy Shin Godzilla as much.  I get WHY it was so popular though.  It was very intelligently-written and had a strong political message RE: Japanese govt. bureaucracy.

I've been enjoying what indie content creators have been posting on YouTube.

Offline stoicbias

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 13:09:24 »

I agree.  From the trailers, King Kong is clearly the "good guy" of the two, just as in the original.  So I'm guessing we'll see a repeat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 13:52:57 »

I agree.  From the trailers, King Kong is clearly the "good guy" of the two, just as in the original.  So I'm guessing we'll see a repeat.

The last few movies, Godzilla barely used the laser, and he's way too slow. more like Turtle vs Turtle.

Pacific rim did the fight speed much better

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 17:18:04 »
Mecha Godzilla is the real winner obviously

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 19:59:18 »
I'm curious as to why you disliked them. I know they got a lot of complaints but I'm curious about yours.  For me personally, I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to Godzilla movies (though I think Bear McReary's musical score probably tends to make me enjoy shows/movies more than I would otherwise.).  I grew up watching them as a child, and then began watching again as an adult when my son got into it. 

Not going into the entire movie, but I'll list everything I hated just about the first 10 mins:
Immediately starts with a flashback, already annoying
Why is a little girl at all allowed in this top secret monster holding facility? She literally just waltzes past armed guards like she works there. Sure just let anyone and their kids into these ancient deadly ruins. Good.
Why is she even there at all given the goddamn flashback we JUST saw showing that maybe right next to a killer monster is probably not the best place to keep your kid.
Her mom was ALREADY in the kitchen staring out the window like a brain damaged dognut, how was this **** breakfast a surprise? WTF were you doing while the kitchen was on fire?
Immediatly Mothra so muches as sneezes in the general direction of the force field and it's already borked beyond repair. Like what?
Monthra straight up murders like 4 guards, and stupid idiot science lady just waltzes in with worm and everything's magically fine. Mind you 4 men just died 10 seconds prior. I think Mothra shoots the same goo at her like 6x just squatting on a bridge and misses after just sniping 4 mobile running dudes.
Oh now little girl THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN A RESTRICTED FACILITY! WHY IS SHE THERE??? just ****ing touches this murder machine. Nah makes sense.
Bad guy blows up the door he could have ****ing walked through. It wasn't even locked.Comes in and just smokes all the unarmed scientists for no reason.

alright I think that's about 10mins. I ****ing hate that movie, it's the worst **** since Godzilla '98
If it were tongue-in-cheek ****ty I'd be fine with that, but it's TRYING to be a good movie and take itself serious.