Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 356479 times)

Offline Vigrith

Re: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #1100 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:43:12 »
So on the reddit page for GMK Oblivion, spoonyluv47 (who I think is the same person as Tomb3ry here on GH, please correct me if I am wrong) said that Yuri got delayed to May.  Sad news, but my wallet is probably better off for it.

That is the same person yes, he told me about the set being postponed to May a couple days ago but I didn't want to say that publicly yet as I didn't know whether or not it was 100% set in stone or if he'd announced it himself.

Still, May gives some more time for the wallet to breathe which is not necessarily a bad thing!

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:46:30 »
Any idea when in April? April's almost here so I want to know when I can start counting down the days

Considering Massdrop's current schedule with the whole Ortholinear madness and everything I'd say you have time - the Planck is about to end but the Preonic is starting right after and we don't know yet if Yuri's coming right after that so I'd say counting down the days is not necessary just yet.

So on the reddit page for GMK Oblivion, spoonyluv47 (who I think is the same person as Tomb3ry here on GH, please correct me if I am wrong) said that Yuri got delayed to May.  Sad news, but my wallet is probably better off for it.

Confirm. Sorry people i should have said this earlier, but this is the case. Yuri is dealyed to May.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 March 2017, 10:51:52 by T0mb3ry »

Offline thad

[IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #1102 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 11:33:00 »

Offline thad

« Reply #1103 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 11:34:00 »
It's cool. Just don't cancel it.

Is may going to coincide with Nautilus? Could be a wallet buster

Offline colbs

« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 11:59:40 »
It's cool. Just don't cancel it.

Is may going to coincide with Nautilus? Could be a wallet buster

This and nautilus should drop at least a month-ish apart...massdrop doesn't drop GMK sets too close to each other, b/c they know it would reduce overall sales with people not having enough funds to get both sets (credit to Vigrith for explaining some massdrop intricacies to me a couple weeks ago) :)  This is quite the time for our wallets though, huh?  Yuri, Nautilus, Laser, and now GMK Oblivion.  And once the smoke clears from that we have SA Carbon followed by SA Oblivion!

I wonder if Nautilus is dropping before or after Yuri...Nautilus was scheduled to drop in April or May, so either Yuri got knocked back to make room for Nautilus in April, or both got delayed for whatever reasons. 

Offline colbs

« Reply #1105 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 12:09:13 »

That is the same person yes, he told me about the set being postponed to May a couple days ago but I didn't want to say that publicly yet as I didn't know whether or not it was 100% set in stone or if he'd announced it himself.

Still, May gives some more time for the wallet to breathe which is not necessarily a bad thing!

That is a good point on not saying anything publicly...I just assumed if it was said on reddit it would be fine to repeat here (as he didn't inform me of the delay personally, as he did with you).  Tomb3ry, I apologize if you would have preferred me to keep my mouth shut, I didn't even consider you might have your own reasons to delay any announcements regarding massdrop scheduling issues.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1106 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 12:26:47 »

That is a good point on not saying anything publicly...I just assumed if it was said on reddit it would be fine to repeat here (as he didn't inform me of the delay personally, as he did with you).  Tomb3ry, I apologize if you would have preferred me to keep my mouth shut, I didn't even consider you might have your own reasons to delay any announcements regarding massdrop scheduling issues.

Hey no worry, i am cool with it :) Actually i need to apologize here for not telling about the delay...

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1107 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 12:47:01 »
This and nautilus should drop at least a month-ish apart...massdrop doesn't drop GMK sets too close to each other, b/c they know it would reduce overall sales with people not having enough funds to get both sets (credit to Vigrith for explaining some massdrop intricacies to me a couple weeks ago) :)  This is quite the time for our wallets though, huh?  Yuri, Nautilus, Laser, and now GMK Oblivion.  And once the smoke clears from that we have SA Carbon followed by SA Oblivion!

I wonder if Nautilus is dropping before or after Yuri...Nautilus was scheduled to drop in April or May, so either Yuri got knocked back to make room for Nautilus in April, or both got delayed for whatever reasons.

Nautilus has been planned for Q3 of 2017 for the whole time of its existence I believe so it should definitely be after Yuri - plus it's a much more recent project, Yuri is ancient almost at this point haha

Also, Mito's Joyland is also coming out soon ish so that's another GMK set for that list!

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #1108 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 13:11:45 »
Any idea when in April? April's almost here so I want to know when I can start counting down the days

Considering Massdrop's current schedule with the whole Ortholinear madness and everything I'd say you have time - the Planck is about to end but the Preonic is starting right after and we don't know yet if Yuri's coming right after that so I'd say counting down the days is not necessary just yet.

Confirm. Sorry people i should have said this earlier, but this is the case. Yuri is dealyed to May.
WHYYYYY :( cant wait for it anymore please let it dropp

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #1109 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 13:21:17 »
Also, Mito's Joyland is also coming out soon ish so that's another GMK set for that list!

What's this now?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1110 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 13:29:25 »

Offline colbs

« Reply #1111 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 14:38:47 »

Nautilus has been planned for Q3 of 2017 for the whole time of its existence I believe so it should definitely be after Yuri - plus it's a much more recent project, Yuri is ancient almost at this point haha

Zambumon stated Q2 (specifically April or May) on the massdrop discussion page for Nautilus.  That being said, if Yuri got delayed, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Nautilus get delayed as well.  Either way, very excited for both of them (especially doubleshot cryllic in Yuri, which is just too cool).

Offline srang

« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 14:46:42 »

Yuri is ancient almost at this point haha

Aged like a fine wine

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1113 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 15:23:41 »
Zambumon stated Q2 (specifically April or May) on the massdrop discussion page for Nautilus.  That being said, if Yuri got delayed, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Nautilus get delayed as well.  Either way, very excited for both of them (especially doubleshot cryllic in Yuri, which is just too cool).

Oh right yea he did say Q2 - I just figured it was Q3 because I googled it and this came up; "1st quarter: 1 October 2016 – 31 December 2016. 2nd quarter: 1 January 2017 – 31 March 2017."

All I saw in my mind was Q2 = 31st March which could've never have been realistic for Nautilus. Still sure it's going to be after Yuri though but I appreciate the correction!  ^-^

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 16:34:36 »

Aged like a fine wine

Yuri really needed that time :) Rushing things is not the best option. I am glad i could gather as much feedback as possible and right now i am more confident about cyrillics. :)

Offline srang

« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 20:35:25 »

Aged like a fine wine

Yuri really needed that time :) Rushing things is not the best option. I am glad i could gather as much feedback as possible and right now i am more confident about cyrillics. :)
Me too. I was on the fence with this kit in the first couple iterations but this has turned into my end game set and I can't freaking wait for it to drop!!! Thank you for all the hard work T0mb3ry

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1116 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 21:08:06 »

Aged like a fine wine

We are all discussing Yuri atep by step for months and years. No need to rush it now. I don't mind more delay if it makes this set better.

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #1117 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 16:41:31 »
Is there any way we could get a 1.5 R3 Backspace key and a 1.25 Caps Lock key?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 18:23:18 »
Update.

Added 2x1.5u Code keys for hhkb look alike layouts.

Todo: update icon mods with new icons...

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 22:06:15 »

Oh ****, I meant 1.5 R2 'Backspace' to avoid a 'Delete' 'Delete' situation on a 65%, and a 1.25 R4 'Caps Lock' key so you can switch 'Caps Lock' and 'Control'. GMK should already have both the molds because Honeywell uses them. Just adding the 'Backspace' would make this an insta buy though -- it has space travel and UVA colors all rapped into one!  :p

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #1120 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 05:21:16 »
I'm so stoked this popped up again, I had completely forgot where I had seen this and what it is called.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline HMK

« Reply #1121 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 07:02:56 »

Oh ****, I meant 1.5 R2 'Backspace' to avoid a 'Delete' 'Delete' situation on a 65%, and a 1.25 R4 'Caps Lock' key so you can switch 'Caps Lock' and 'Control'. GMK should already have both the molds because Honeywell uses them. Just adding the 'Backspace' would make this an insta buy though -- it has space travel and UVA colors all rapped into one!  :p

Oh yes. I think 1.25 R4 Caps Lock is necessary for those who switch Caps Lock with Control.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #1122 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:04:06 »
This started off as something I wanted to be part of a build my sisters and I would give my brother-in-law for his birthday. Now the more I see it and think about it the more I want it for myself also!

This set with zeal's black gold 65%. It's like the Russian space program and caviar had a keyboard baby.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:06:06 by Theconejo »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1123 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 03:21:02 »
This set is looking better and better T0m! Another thing popped in my head, because Yuri gonna do icon mods, how about making the base kit all letter for tab, backspace, shift, and enter?

Offline HMK

« Reply #1124 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 04:13:59 »
This set is looking better and better T0m! Another thing popped in my head, because Yuri gonna do icon mods, how about making the base kit all letter for tab, backspace, shift, and enter?
In my opinion, it may make the keycaps look empty. When I saw GMK Oblivion with letter-only legend modifiers, I thought it is a little bit weird...

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1125 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 13:20:52 »

Hey GMK Oblivion GB will introduce only letter mods. I will definitely participate in Oblivion GB. However right now for Yuri i'd like to keep the mods as they are. In the next drops i will look into only letter mods.

Offline richard912

« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 01:13:22 »
It the base kit sufficient for a b.mini?

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 01:15:39 »

Hey GMK Oblivion GB will introduce only letter mods. I will definitely participate in Oblivion GB. However right now for Yuri i'd like to keep the mods as they are. In the next drops i will look into only letter mods.

No biggies T0m, just gotta let them out of my chest  ;D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1128 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:12:50 »
GMK 1.5u back space

thinking..........

That are your thoughts?

Offline need

« Reply #1129 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:14:50 »
GMK 1.5u back space
Show Image

thinking..........

That are your thoughts?

Is this gonna replace "Delete"? Not a fan of back space personally.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1130 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:21:23 »
GMK 1.5u back space
Show Image

thinking..........

That are your thoughts?

Actually i'd like to keep Delete. But you can share with me your opinion.

Offline HMK

« Reply #1131 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:05:13 »
GMK 1.5u back space
Show Image

thinking..........

That are your thoughts?

Actually i'd like to keep Delete. But you can share with me your opinion.

Delete would be better, i think.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1132 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 14:19:37 »
I like delete more. The HHKB has delete on that key, so it would make sense for this key to be delete as well
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #1133 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 17:36:23 »
While HHKB use delete as the top print it has backspace as the front print (just BS, I know). And who on heaven and earth didn't flip dip switch 3?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1134 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 11:16:35 »

Offline srang

« Reply #1135 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 11:19:02 »

Offline colbs

« Reply #1136 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 11:45:34 »
Wowza, that looks amazing.  Great work!

Offline srang

« Reply #1137 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 11:47:35 »
How can we get one of those T0mb3ry?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1138 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 11:55:57 »

This is an Revo D keyboard and its an custom order. I think Revo Team will run this gb again so you can snag one board :)
Also they run currently this IC here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86279.0
I think you might request these colors, but the anodizing is done by different factory. So i dont know if the factory will do the same colors.

Anyway you can trust Revo Team. They are reliable. As you can see they do slick and very nice keyboards. And dont forget to get Yarbo cables!

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #1139 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 13:00:50 »
As was already stated, having "Delete" instead of "Backspace" will put us split-backspace, 65%ers in a situation where there are two adjacent delete keys on R2 [e.g. True Fox layout]. I'd prefer "backspace", but could settle for an R2 profile novelty to replace the real, 1u delete.

Edit: Or I'll just grab the symbol mods pack and use the backspace from there!
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 13:03:41 by kolashnikov »

Offline srang

« Reply #1140 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 13:04:27 »

This is an Revo D keyboard and its an custom order. I think Revo Team will run this gb again so you can snag one board :)
Also they run currently this IC here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86279.0
I think you might request these colors, but the anodizing is done by different factory. So i dont know if the factory will do the same colors.

Anyway you can trust Revo Team. They are reliable. As you can see they do slick and very nice keyboards. And dont forget to get Yarbo cables!
Gorgeous, I'll have to look into it

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1141 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:03:47 »
Is this still available? I'd like to order one..
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #1142 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:06:03 »
Damn, I'd be in for all the kits.
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline srang

« Reply #1143 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:43:54 »
You're in luck, the set drops in May

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1144 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:50:32 »
You're in luck, the set drops in May

So I was told.
YAS!!!! +_+
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline poolside

« Reply #1145 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 08:28:11 »
Update.

Added 2x1.5u Code keys for hhkb look alike layouts.
Show Image

Todo: update icon mods with new icons...

Also pretty neat for CapsLock/Control swappers using wkl keyboards  :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1146 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:27:14 »
Update.

Updated icon mods kit with new icons.

edit: fixed tab symbol
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 10:54:55 by T0mb3ry »

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1147 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:42:31 »
Those look absolutely perfect. I can't take this infinite waiting anymore!!  :p

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1148 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:47:57 »
Update.

Show Image

What's with the alt character?  I've never seen it upside down like that.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1149 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:55:13 »
Update.

Show Image

What's with the alt character?  I've never seen it upside down like that.

I've seen it somewhere done like this. And personaly i prefer them upside down like this, because they hormonize with control icon better. Though if there are enought voices i'll make it like in granite (apple os).

Actually this is the right way btw. alt icon is right. The other icon is OS based. http://xahlee.info/comp/unicode_computing_symbols.html
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 10:01:31 by T0mb3ry »