Author Topic: [IC] Hitori 70% | A song made by 5 plate rows  (Read 7178 times)

Offline keypport

[IC] Hitori 70% | A song made by 5 plate rows
« on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 15:17:39 »

Its name is Hitori.

It's a keyboard made from a guitar motif.

One Plate is placed per row.

It's the concept design stage.

I haven't decided on details such as what typing angle to use, what engraving to put in, etc.

I'd like to know your tastes before implementing the design in detail.

If you're interested in Hitori,
I'd appreciate it if you could give me feedback on IC.

Thank you !!

IC form

« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2023, 15:33:19 by keypport »

Offline niicao

Re: [IC] Hitori 70% | A song made by 5 plate rows
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 18:49:21 »
the plate "row" combined with the length of the keyboard, will make it flex a lot in the middle of the board (not the middle of the alphas) and also, the keys near the edge will have a stiff feel to it, what will lead to an uneven feel. Also, i don't think the vibration of five different plates combined will result in a pleasant sound.

Offline mul7i

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 18:58:17 »
just from the plate alone it already sounds like a bad idea. what even is the goal of this?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 19:28:04 »
I think the plates would rub against each-other near the stabiliser cutouts.

Offline yuzuu_

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 23:20:40 »
The plate design would make for terrible acoustics. Also as mentioned there would be a huge imbalance in the acoustics between the sides and the alphas.

To split each row into its own plate is extremely redundant and you could achieve the same results through flex cuts on a regular plate with a regular top mount implementation. Like... 10 screws just on the plate???? I worry about the structural integrity of this board.

Also from the looks of it, the side bezels are not thick enough to accommodate for the screws.

You should also cite what has been said about the stabiliser cutouts, they would rub against the plates above/below it.

USB port cutout? Daughterboard? Protos?

There are far, far too many details missing for this to even be considered an IC.

Offline farlig

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 23:23:41 »
bocchi board wtb
Collection: Singakbd x TGR Unikorn R2.2 Pewter Grey, JJW Cloudline Red WKL, Noxary Valhalla Green, Keychron Q1 Black

Offline Raimi

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 October 2023, 23:40:33 »
As everyone said, the plate is gonna feel insanely inconsistent and flex a lot in the middle, stiff on the edges. Board's walls seem really thin, so could make the board's overall acoustics a bit questionable and may not even allow clearance for the case and plate screw holes.

A lot of details are missing, like whether will this have an internal weight, external weight, or USB port. Just feels really incomplete right now as no chamfering and fillets on the board design as well.

Also, how would the hairpin design be implemented? There are lots of things to consider IMO
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 October 2023, 23:44:32 by Raimi »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 00:04:13 »
Agree with everyone about the plate. More traditional top mount will be much better. I think you should show the theming through the aesthetics and that could be cool. Also as Raimi said there are a lot of things missing, you should've probably finished the design before showing this to gh, you can always change the mounting style later, even if it takes more work.

bocchi board wtb

Weebs out...
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline LMarci

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 18:02:45 »
The forbidden top mount implementation

Offline Oprah

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 19:41:42 »
Very neat!

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 20:05:28 »
I'm guessing each plate represents a guitar string but it's going to be very inconsistent for the sound. I'd say if you really want it to be like that add flex-cuts instead with a regular top mount implementation. Though I would suggest having a plate without flex-cuts as the board walls are already pretty thin.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 October 2023, 22:50:25 »
Y'all let him cook alright

Sent from my LM-F100 using Tapatalk

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 20:42:43 »
This makes me feel very anxious.

Offline LogLab

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 13:15:54 »
Have you actually tested this to make sure it is viable and feels or sounds okay? I feel like you wanna get some plates laser cut at a local makerspace and stick it in a 100% infill 3d printed board to see if it feels okay, because the concerns about the places sliding against each other and overly flexing in the middle is a real concern

Offline keypport

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 14:58:47 »
Have you actually tested this to make sure it is viable and feels or sounds okay? I feel like you wanna get some plates laser cut at a local makerspace and stick it in a 100% infill 3d printed board to see if it feels okay, because the concerns about the places sliding against each other and overly flexing in the middle is a real concern

The interval between the plates is 1mm.

1 Line aluminum plate is the ideal goal I'm pursuing, but I've also considered alternatives.

1. 1 line plate and the poron gasket that supports it.
2. 2line-3line combined plate.
3. standard plate.

Standard plates will also be very different from normal keyboards because mounting points exist on both sides.

I've used familiar keyboards a lot, so I seek to create fresh sounds and senses.

I know you're worried a lot that it's going to be a strange sensation.
If you don't like new things or don't want to challenge them, I'm thinking of adding a more familiar plate as an option.

Offline WU

• WUkds
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 29 October 2023, 01:54:01 »
Very neat!

Offline LogLab

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 03 November 2023, 11:25:35 »

The interval between the plates is 1mm.

1 Line aluminum plate is the ideal goal I'm pursuing, but I've also considered alternatives.

1. 1 line plate and the poron gasket that supports it.
2. 2line-3line combined plate.
3. standard plate.

Standard plates will also be very different from normal keyboards because mounting points exist on both sides.

I've used familiar keyboards a lot, so I seek to create fresh sounds and senses.

I know you're worried a lot that it's going to be a strange sensation.
If you don't like new things or don't want to challenge them, I'm thinking of adding a more familiar plate as an option.

Seems like a lot of thought went into mitigating these concerns, I'm looking forward to typing tests on one! Very cool