Author Topic: (IC) AC Tactic Keycaps PBT Keycaps  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Mykeeb

(IC) AC Tactic Keycaps PBT Keycaps
« on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 12:49:15 »
Hello everyone,

After reading everyone’s comments, I’m sorry for causing the misunderstanding. In fact, we also communicated with the designer about this design. The designer’s original intention actually has no concept or relationship with “Nazi”. Through communication with the designer, the designer told me the following information:

The idea of the eagle comes from the Germany Border Protection Group 9, which was established in 1972 (the Nazis were destroyed in 1945). The designer gave me the following link and I want to share it with everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSG_9

But in any case, because this design has caused everyone misunderstanding and unhappiness, we sincerely apologize to everyone for this. Therefore, we officially announce the permanent suspension of this project, effective immediately.

I want to tell everyone that our designers, our studio, and our country will never use or spread any Nazi elements. We are peace-loving and hope that there will never be a war in the world.

Anyway, this design does not use Nazi elements. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and misunderstanding caused by similar elements, and we will suspend this project with immediate effect.

Hope the world peace and thanks
Mykeeb Studio
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 November 2023, 02:56:01 by Mykeeb »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
Re: (IC) AC Tactic Keycaps PBT Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 12:54:54 »
I don’t think the vibe check has been failed this hard since GMK High Castle

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 14:11:50 »
Ok, so ignoring the duplicated text copy in the description, there are so many things here that cause concern. Using the Biohazard icon, the Iron Eagle, and the Iron Cross on a set that takes inspiration from a gun manufacturer with ties to Nazi Germany is absolutely not where it's at. Please reevaluate the perception you are creating, and don't ****ing run this set.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2023, 14:15:12 by digital_aaron »

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 14:47:50 »
Ok, so ignoring the duplicated text copy in the description, there are so many things here that cause concern. Using the Biohazard icon, the Iron Eagle, and the Iron Cross on a set that takes inspiration from a gun manufacturer with ties to Nazi Germany is absolutely not where it's at. Please reevaluate the perception you are creating, and don't ****ing run this set.

Sir you forgot to take your pills

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 14:56:53 »
Is the name "AC Tactic", "AC Tactick", or "AC Tactical"? You use all three between this IC and the feedback form.
You say the "soul of the design" is a weapon fire selector, but I see no reference to this the caps. Which key, exactly is the "soul"?
You have the biohazard icon, and one for fire as novelty keycaps. These were methods of exterminating Jews held in concentration camps. Do you have a compelling reason for including them that overpowers that imagery?
You mention a "Stealthy all-black "POLIZEI"" key, but I only see a white-on-black version.
Why are you using the German word for "paramedic" instead of the one for "medic" or "military medic"?
A related question: why do you mention the military gun models from H&K as inspiration but then have "Sportsman Series" on the spacebars? Do you not realize a "sportsman" would not be able to buy the military-only guns you listed as "inspiration"?

Do we really need a gun manufacturer themed keycap set? Because we certainly don't need a Nazi themed one. This is checking both of those boxes.

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 15:06:17 »

Sir you forgot to take your pills

Excuse me for having a palpable disinterest in seeing nazi or nazi-adjacent designs being normalized in this hobby.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 15:27:15 »
Excuse me for having a palpable disinterest in seeing nazi or nazi-adjacent designs being normalized in this hobby.

It just occurred to me while reading this sentence that a VW Beetle/Buggy-inspired 60s design would also fit this criteria. And so would dozens of other things, like polyurethane, Fanta, and Jägermeister. Not to mention the nazis did build a good portion of our national railways, and my father is a train enthusiast so I've always wanted to do a train/railway inspired set :-P

I just found that funny, that the Beetle was the first thing that occured to me when reading "nazi-adjacent designs".

In any case, this keycap set is an abomination. Even if they did actually WANT to use nazi imagery, the rest of the design is so flawed I don't even want to begin writing it up. digital_aaron did a commendable job, but there's several other bad flaws.

EDIT: Just like the other recent "Adobe Illustrator keycap set" IC thread. I didn't respond there either. There's so many flaws, I don't know where to begin. They'll surely sell hundreds of these sets, but they are clearly not designed by passionate people. This set, that AI set, and other recent threads were clearly made by some employees at some asian companies trying to cash in on the now-dying keycap set wave. Pathetic.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2023, 15:29:16 by vhaarr »
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 16:35:34 »

It just occurred to me while reading this sentence that a VW Beetle/Buggy-inspired 60s design would also fit this criteria. And so would dozens of other things, like polyurethane, Fanta, and Jägermeister. Not to mention the nazis did build a good portion of our national railways, and my father is a train enthusiast so I've always wanted to do a train/railway inspired set :-P

I just found that funny, that the Beetle was the first thing that occured to me when reading "nazi-adjacent designs".

and Star Wars. i wonder if this dude is ready to burn novelkeys down for running official star wars collab keycaps

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 17:29:19 »

and Star Wars. i wonder if this dude is ready to burn novelkeys down for running official star wars collab keycaps

I bring up genuine concerns about Nazi imagery and your response is whataboutism? GTFOH.

And JFC yes, I would absolutely chew NK's ass if their Star Wars sets had actual Nazi icons as novelties. The **** is your problem?

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 18:05:15 »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 18:05:28 »
This is pretty bad.

This set is also suspicious as hell. Like there are novelties here that do kinda look like the iron cross/eagle as digital_aaron said, but I am probably gonna give the benefit of the doubt to this person cause I just couldn't understand how someone attempted to put an IC out there with bloody nazi novelties like this, it makes no sense.

Then again High Castle tried to be a thing so maybe I'm wrong (saw what high castle was that is so stupid lmao)

EDIT: someone notified me of the fact the eagle in the novelties used is one that is commonly used in germany today and that and the cross had prior history in Germany (and in some variations is still used today), which I didn't realise and should've looked into. Still think the set is sus and not defending this person as the theming is terrible but think you should be aware of that cause it is pretty important.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2023, 18:22:31 by Rhienfo »
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 18:30:43 »
This is pretty bad.

This set is also suspicious as hell. Like there are novelties here that do kinda look like the iron cross/eagle as digital_aaron said, but I am probably gonna give the benefit of the doubt to this person cause I just couldn't understand how someone attempted to put an IC out there with bloody nazi novelties like this, it makes no sense.

Then again High Castle tried to be a thing so maybe I'm wrong (saw what high castle was that is so stupid lmao)

EDIT: someone notified me of the fact the eagle in the novelties used is one that is commonly used in germany today and that and the cross had prior history in Germany (and in some variations is still used today), which I didn't realise and should've looked into. Still think the set is sus and not defending this person as the theming is terrible but think you should be aware of that cause it is pretty important.

The Iron Eagle and Iron Cross have specific meanings in specific usage, mostly in Germanic Hearadlry. The problem is the no-context usage, like that seen here. The no-context usage has been coopted by Nazis and Neo-Nazis.. With the addition of the icons for biohazard and fire, this become quite problematic.

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 18:48:18 »
I bring up genuine concerns about Nazi imagery and your response is whataboutism? GTFOH.

And JFC yes, I would absolutely chew NK's ass if their Star Wars sets had actual Nazi icons as novelties. The **** is your problem?

whataboutism is a deflection tactic (aint deflecting **** here, nor am i defending this kit). youre the one who brought it up. I'm ON TOPIC. literally you "having a palpable disinterest in seeing nazi or nazi-adjacent designs being normalized in this hobby."

nazi-adjacent designs... in this hobby. i hate to break it to you but those star wars sets do have actual nazi-derived novelties: darth vader's ww2 german helmet and LITERAL fking stormtroopers. the entire empire is deliberate nazi aesthetic, adored by millions of fans. but i guess that always gets a pass from twitter stereotypes becus FiCtIonAl and 'it was a different time' back in the 70s.

context matters. do i think george lucas was spreading subliminal nazi propoganda in the 70s? of course not. he chose to model cartoon villains after something evil. "wow cool villains"

i dont know the context behind this sets novelties. its poorly thought out and none was given. the fire selector arrow cluster is the only good thing i see, most of the other novelties are just too random, not cohesive. imo i would just drop everything that isnt directly related to HK, really doesnt add anything nor need to be there.

that said, do i think this dude is deliberately trying to make a nazi theme keyset? if he was a westerner id probably be suspicious too, but i give the benefit of the doubt here since he clearly isnt. occam's razor here is that it is an unfortunate coincidence haphazardly put together by a non-westerner who doesnt understand the cultural nuances. screams "wow cool culture" from someone who isnt deeply exposed to it

maybe just ask for clarification and leave it at that. you're here pre-judging and jumping to conclusions, ready to crucify him on the spot. i chose to give you a hard time instead because i find it annoying how much of a western twitter stereotype you are. go outside and take a walk bro
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2023, 19:41:58 by AmethystDCVR »

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 19:46:59 »

whataboutism is a deflection tactic (aint deflecting **** here, nor am i defending this kit). youre the one who brought it up. I'm ON TOPIC. literally you "having a palpable disinterest in seeing nazi or nazi-adjacent designs being normalized in this hobby."

nazi-adjacent designs... in this hobby. i hate to break it to you but those star wars sets do have actual nazi-derived novelties: darth vader's ww2 german helmet and LITERAL fking stormtroopers. the entire empire is deliberate nazi aesthetic, adored by millions of fans. but i guess that always gets a pass from twitter stereotypes becus FiCtIonAl and 'it was a different time' back in the 70s.

context matters. do i think george lucas was spreading subliminal nazi propoganda in the 70s? of course not. he chose to model cartoon villains after something evil. "wow cool villains"

i dont know the context behind this sets novelties. its poorly thought out and none was given. the fire selector arrow cluster is the only good thing i see, most of the other novelties are just too random, not cohesive. imo i would just drop everything that isnt directly related to HK, really doesnt add anything nor need to be there.

that said, do i think this dude is deliberately trying to make a nazi theme keyset? if he was a westerner id probably be suspicious too, but i give the benefit of the doubt here since he clearly isnt. occam's razor here is that it is an unfortunate coincidence haphazardly put together by a non-westerner who doesnt understand the cultural nuances. maybe just ask for clarification and leave it at that. you're here pre-judging and jumping to conclusions, ready to crucify him on the spot. i chose to give you a hard time instead because i find it annoying how much of a western twitter stereotype you are. go outside and take a walk bro

Look, you are totally valid in your criticism of George Lucas and the entire design of the Star Wars universe. If you wanted to ride that horse straight into the gates of NK, I'd be right behind you. But we're talking about this set, and the imagery and icons this set uses. I think I've been pretty clear that it definitely crosses the line, and is not something that should be made in it's current state. I don't want to continue to have to argue the "why".  Nazis and Nazism are not things to be taken lightly. There should be no "benefit of the doubt" for this kind of thing. The choices made for this set need to be denounced and shunned, just like High Castle was. If the designer or runner want to educate themselves on why Nazis are bad and shouldn't ever be tolerated, cool, kudos to them. But this set in its current iteration needs to be called out far and wide and as loudly as possible. We don't want Nazi **** in this hobby.

Offline Incognitowo

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 19:58:06 »

that said, do i think this dude is deliberately trying to make a nazi theme keyset? if he was a westerner id probably be suspicious too, but i give the benefit of the doubt here since he clearly isnt. occam's razor here is that it is an unfortunate coincidence haphazardly put together by a non-westerner who doesnt understand the cultural nuances. screams "wow cool culture" from someone who isnt deeply exposed to it

maybe just ask for clarification and leave it at that. you're here pre-judging and jumping to conclusions, ready to crucify him on the spot. i chose to give you a hard time instead because i find it annoying how much of a western twitter stereotype you are. go outside and take a walk bro

For one, in star wars, the empire is clearly made out to be the bad guys. As far as I can tell, this set is not trying to portray the horrors of Nazi Germany, and is just going for a tacticool aesthetic without considering the historical implications behind many of the iconography used.
Also, star wars is not real. Sure, the empire was modeled after Nazis, but they haven't actually done anything or hurt anyone.
And most importantly, George Lucas didn't verbatim use Nazi symbols in the empire's designs. There's a big difference between using fictional symbols of a fictional fascist regime and having real Nazi symbols in this set.
And I get that you're trying to make a big thing out of the wording of Nazi vs. Nazi-adjacent, but I think it's clear that "Nazi-adjacent" was not meant to include fictional designs that were vaguely inspired by Nazi imagery. Claiming star wars is "Nazi-adjacent" is a huge reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tippo

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 20:20:12 »
As a German dude (and we are pretty sensitive to that topic) I have to say that all symbols used in the set can't be tight to nazi Germany directly. All Nazi symbols are banned in Germany and the symbols are pretty much used today. In my opinion I find the hole theme unacceptable. As the theme is about guns and therefor violence, killing and war. It's not just some weeb anime theme as the deskmats suggests. As most Germans didn't grow up to be patriotic I think most would also find this set inappropriate. This Set is more for gun nerds and shouldn't be tight to German culture at all.

Offline Mykeeb

Re: (IC) AC Tactic Keycaps PBT Keycaps (Project suspend due to disputes)
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 11:39:48 »
Project Suspension Announcement

Hello everyone,

After reading everyone’s comments, I’m sorry for causing the misunderstanding. In fact, we also communicated with the designer about this design. The designer’s original intention actually has no concept or relationship with “Nazi”. Through communication with the designer, the designer told me the following information:

The idea of the eagle comes from the Germany Border Protection Group 9, which was established in 1972 (the Nazis were destroyed in 1945). The designer gave me the following link and I want to share it with everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSG_9

But in any case, because this design has caused everyone misunderstanding and unhappiness, we sincerely apologize to everyone for this. Therefore, we officially announce the permanent suspension of this project, effective immediately.

I want to tell everyone that our designers, our studio, and our country will never use or spread any Nazi elements. We are peace-loving and hope that there will never be a war in the world.

Anyway, this design does not use Nazi elements. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and misunderstanding caused by similar elements, and we will suspend this project with immediate effect.

Hope the world peace and thanks

Mykeeb Studio

Offline atkins

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 15:40:10 »
As a German I feel like this is cultural appropriation.

Oh and „Rücklöschen“ isnt even a proper word.

The chicken on the keycaps is the Bundesadler btw. https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswappen_Deutschlands
Its the German national coat of arms.

Doesnt change that this keycap set is a hot burning mess off mismatched symbolism and themes.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 November 2023, 15:51:36 by atkins »

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 20:22:09 »
I'd just like to say props to you, the designers/creators, for realising no good can come of this and shutting it down. Thank you for that.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 03 November 2023, 01:59:31 »
Good job shutting it down, definitely the right decision.

I really do hope you understand that even without the offensive imagery, the set is RIDDLED with problems. There are so many problems with this set, I won't even bother even typing them out. Not just subjective problems, but objective ones as well.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!