Author Topic: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (moved to GB)  (Read 233667 times)

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (Updating design)
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 23:31:50 »
I was wondering, if second proto comes out ok, does it mean you going to run GB next month?
Do you think it would be possible to get the final keybaords shipped to us by end of this year?

If the second prototype comes out good, it means nothing is really in the way of doing a GB, other than a possible queue at the factory or delays with the vendors etc.

As much as I want this keyboard out to people, I also wanna make sure everything is right and proper and that I'm feeling good about selling it to you all :)

As azzipa notes, I also love your enthusiasm! :D

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 03:31:54 »
I totally love your optimism! Personally, I will be ecstatic to see this board whenever snurrebassen releases it. Absolute functional win (for me) if this makes it to production. Even better with the aesthetic refinements.

I'm trying to be optimist all the time, its life that is trying to keep me close to the ground most of the time  ;)
Realisticly it is possible to get the keyboard on your desks, by Chistmas.
If proto comes out ok, GB will run for a month, then 4-5 months of production and shipment.
I hope...

I was wondering, if second proto comes out ok, does it mean you going to run GB next month?
Do you think it would be possible to get the final keybaords shipped to us by end of this year?

If the second prototype comes out good, it means nothing is really in the way of doing a GB, other than a possible queue at the factory or delays with the vendors etc.

As much as I want this keyboard out to people, I also wanna make sure everything is right and proper and that I'm feeling good about selling it to you all :)

Fingers crossed ! :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline TheInverseKey

• You can run but you cannot hide!
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 19:13:31 »

I hope this still comes out! Has Alps still stayed in as a possible option for Plate/PCB?

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 19:19:58 »
I am not much of a 70% fan myself but this thing is gorgeous and the design is fantastic.

All about the clean lines. Nice build!

GL

Mike

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 01:42:23 »
Thank you all for your comments :)

As a small update, I'm back to work after months of being furloughed so work on the case is going slow. However, I'm working to improve the design further. I want to try to improve the mounting and plate system for better aesthetics, before doing a new prototype.

I'll post any new revisions here, as usual!

Offline dPaK

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 13:30:57 »
Thank you for your effort, 100% in

Offline Krzew

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 15:40:04 »
pretty cool design, I'm definitely interested!

Offline shodid

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 08:52:01 »
Sign me up

Offline xentosh

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 12:25:09 »
can't wait for this to get into GB phase, even if it's going to kill my wallet but I guess thats part of the fun

Offline azzipa

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 12:33:12 »
Glad to hear you're getting a little 'normal' in your life. Hopefully your keyboard helper in the photo won't miss you too much... Maybe he can pick up the slack while you're out earning a paycheck?  ^-^

Also glad to hear that you're continuing to tweak the design. I can only imagine the learning curve as you work through the prototype process. I'm guessing there are a bunch of us looking forward to more updates and an eventual GB. In the meantime, thanks for the info.

As a small update, I'm back to work after months of being furloughed so work on the case is going slow. However, I'm working to improve the design further. I want to try to improve the mounting and plate system for better aesthetics, before doing a new prototype.

Offline jdylanmc

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 15:07:39 »
I really dig this.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #311 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 06:53:06 »
Glad to hear you're getting a little 'normal' in your life. Hopefully your keyboard helper in the photo won't miss you too much... Maybe he can pick up the slack while you're out earning a paycheck?  ^-^

Also glad to hear that you're continuing to tweak the design. I can only imagine the learning curve as you work through the prototype process. I'm guessing there are a bunch of us looking forward to more updates and an eventual GB. In the meantime, thanks for the info.

Thank you very much, you're a great support  :)
Even though it's going slow, i'm simultaneously researching other keyboards and trying out stuff, which I think is helpful overall for me in this process. (Good excuse for buying keyboard stuff  ;) )

Offline zoo

• zoo
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 11:07:35 »
Latest render looks amazing. How does the back fit/finish look at this point? Did the USB port profile change at all?

Offline G

« Reply #313 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 13:48:09 »
Looking good! I really enjoy the design and I think the layout is great too. Sir, you've piqued my interest!

Offline Ashen_21

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 00:28:17 »
This board is looking so nice! Interested to see where it goes!

Offline phinix

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:21:04 »
Where are we at with this? I have a feeling like I missed a week or so on this subject:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline ponchofreedo

• it me
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 11:51:11 »
im still so excited for this board. proto looked great...cant wait to see how you improve upon it. on logistics though, are we thinking lead time post-gb to be Q1 2020 at this point? or still around christmas like you had mentioned (as a non-commital possibility) previously?

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 12:55:30 »
Hi all!

It's my vacation now, so I've been tinkering with the redesigning of the Eclipse. I basically started all over again, because eventually my CAD-file gets too messy and has too many links I don't understand, so I tend to end up making it from scratch again.

Right now I've been trying to improve the gasket system, slimming the edges, front height and making the design smarter.

Here is a WIP of how the case looks so far:

Bottom part, with gaskets and the plate, fitted into slots for better alignment than before.

Added extrusions to the bottom, so the screw holes on the bottom will have more room. PCB will be slotted into a notch in these extrusions (Hidden under the plate in this picture)

Hoping to have die-cut a thin layer of silicone to cover the surface of the top part, to act as a gasket and also better sound absorption.

Added a cut to the top part, to expose the bottom part, making it more recognizable and also avoiding having to have the USB port go through two walls of the case.

I'll be finalizing this design, making sure there are no flaws with the logic of how everything will come together.  If you do happen to spot anything that's looking bad or won't work, please let me know!

Thank you for following  :)

Offline breckstar

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 14:58:27 »
Like the new changes. Hoping to see a GB soon :):)

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 15:33:07 »
Hi all!

It's my vacation now, so I've been tinkering with the redesigning of the Eclipse. I basically started all over again, because eventually my CAD-file gets too messy and has too many links I don't understand, so I tend to end up making it from scratch again.

Right now I've been trying to improve the gasket system, slimming the edges, front height and making the design smarter.

Here is a WIP of how the case looks so far:

Show Image

Bottom part, with gaskets and the plate, fitted into slots for better alignment than before.

Show Image

Added extrusions to the bottom, so the screw holes on the bottom will have more room. PCB will be slotted into a notch in these extrusions (Hidden under the plate in this picture)

Show Image

Hoping to have die-cut a thin layer of silicone to cover the surface of the top part, to act as a gasket and also better sound absorption.

Show Image

Added a cut to the top part, to expose the bottom part, making it more recognizable and also avoiding having to have the USB port go through two walls of the case.

I'll be finalizing this design, making sure there are no flaws with the logic of how everything will come together.  If you do happen to spot anything that's looking bad or won't work, please let me know!

Thank you for following  :)

I definitely like the change to the top piece on the back for the USB port. It adds character, and having the port go through only one piece of the case definitely seems like a more elegant solution. The only thing is that it brings up the question of color options. Personally, the cutout definitely makes me want to have a different colored bottom piece so that the cutout on the back becomes an accent. I realize that may significantly increase the logistical challenges of the group buy, but I do still think an accent color would make the cutout look a lot better than if both pieces were the same color. The smith + rune boards are a great example. I think the color accent on the back of them looks fantastic. I don’t know how I feel about the cutout having rounded corners though. I don’t dislike it, but the radii of the corners aren’t mirrored elsewhere in the design. That isn’t necessarily bad. Like I said, I honestly don’t know how I feel about it.

Let me preface the next question by saying that I am not an engineer or otherwise an expert.

Regarding the gaskets, am I correct in my interpretation that the gasket for the top piece is the large sheet of silicone that covers the underside? Do you think that will provide benefits that the strips most cases use will not? Using strips like you do for the bottom gaskets would allow you to just double the number of strips, which I imagine is less expensive than a second die-cut shape.

Edit: also, I just want to say great work! Designing a keyboard and running an IC are a lot of work, and I respect that. I hope you’re enjoying your vacation! Lastly, would it be possible to get a view of how the bottom will look with the redesign? Are you still thinking of doing both plain and brass weight versions?
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 15:36:46 by Shutter_Shock »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 16:53:08 »
Great changes, love the cut out back.  Looking forward to the GB.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline phinix

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 16:56:05 »
Looking great! Fantastic idea with the cut out back - opens up option for two color pieces.

Please do not make those edges any more thinner, this is enough:) I do not want to the frame just disappear around the board:)

Also, lower front height is always good!

I'm not rushing thinngs up, but lets put things together - Iwant this board under my CHristmas tree this year! :D

Offline vincenttngo1

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 17:35:44 »
Looove the idea of this but do we know if bezels are gonna be slightly reduced like shown in the original renders?

Offline lunr

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 17:07:10 »
is there an updated layout diagram? I find it weird that there's no split right shift when I look at the first post and there's some renders with the cut out.

Offline phinix

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 02:35:33 »
Looove the idea of this but do we know if bezels are gonna be slightly reduced like shown in the original renders?

I hope not. Bezels need to be there, otherwise you will be just looking at the caps.
This kind of keyboard should have some fat bezels as it needs to show itself, it's pretty little thing!  :)

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 05:28:23 »

I don’t know how I feel about the cutout having rounded corners though. I don’t dislike it, but the radii of the corners aren’t mirrored elsewhere in the design. That isn’t necessarily bad. Like I said, I honestly don’t know how I feel about it.

Let me preface the next question by saying that I am not an engineer or otherwise an expert.

Regarding the gaskets, am I correct in my interpretation that the gasket for the top piece is the large sheet of silicone that covers the underside? Do you think that will provide benefits that the strips most cases use will not? Using strips like you do for the bottom gaskets would allow you to just double the number of strips, which I imagine is less expensive than a second die-cut shape.

Edit: also, I just want to say great work! Designing a keyboard and running an IC are a lot of work, and I respect that. I hope you’re enjoying your vacation! Lastly, would it be possible to get a view of how the bottom will look with the redesign? Are you still thinking of doing both plain and brass weight versions?

Thank you for your comment!
If this GB goes well and according to plan, I really want to see people choosing their own colors for both the bottom and top to create awesome combination with caps and plates, so I wanna try make it be an option to have different colors on top and bottom parts  :)

I agree with you on the cutout, it doesn't mirror other parts of the case, so I'm gonna try add some shapes on the sides to help with picking up the case. If it's gonna be a rather heavy case, like the prototype, i want it to be easy to pick up.

Gasket wise, I'm not sure how it'll work, so I will only have to test it out :) If this initial idea of the silicone sheet doesn't work out, I'll try using the same gaskets as with the bottom.

Sorry, after updating the mounting design to be more correct, the bezels simply has to be at least 10mm thick. Due to the fact that the walls cant be thinner than 3.5mm each + a 2.9mm thickness to reach the caps on the top. :/  It's slightly thinner now, than what the prototype was though!

I extended the back and front a little bit so that it won't look too weird. It's just gonna have to be a thick-bezel case. I just hope it'll look good IRL.

is there an updated layout diagram? I find it weird that there's no split right shift when I look at the first post and there's some renders with the cut out.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to updating the diagram yet! The prototype didn't have split right shift but I realized that since we're having WKL-support, split right shift is also crucial to add. It will be added :)

Offline drfranco

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 10:39:53 »
Interested. Very interested.

Offline Zaum.Tech

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 12:15:54 »
Beautiful board, looking forward to it, the pcb looks great too.

Offline iaman

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 08:56:51 »
Just wanted to add to the chorus of folks chiming in to say they love this update

Offline JCraftCables

• Instagram
« Reply #329 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 10:10:00 »
This layout is great, makes alot of sense actually, especially for certain games where you need to programme some keys near the arrow cluster! Loving the clean design as well.

What software are you using for the renders btw?

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #330 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 16:11:00 »
This layout is great, makes alot of sense actually, especially for certain games where you need to programme some keys near the arrow cluster! Loving the clean design as well.

Thanks, that's good to hear!

Using Maya + Octane render :)

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 22:02:14 »
Looking good! The design changes are pleasing to me (I like that back curve personally!), and the die-cut silicone sounds very interesting. I do also wonder a bit though if the custom silicone will increase the price substantially compared to gasket strips -- I have no idea on the pricing for things like that. Either way I'm glad this is progressing!

Offline johnnysstash

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 22:52:06 »
This layout is perfect, I've played around in fusion with it myself! Great to see it come to life, very interested.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #333 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 23:45:52 »
Looking good! The design changes are pleasing to me (I like that back curve personally!), and the die-cut silicone sounds very interesting. I do also wonder a bit though if the custom silicone will increase the price substantially compared to gasket strips -- I have no idea on the pricing for things like that. Either way I'm glad this is progressing!

That’s a good point about the cost of the die cut top gasket. Would the complexity significantly increase cost? One other thing I thought of about the top gasket is that such a large and complex piece of adhesive silicone would be difficult to install without any errors in alignment, creases, etc, particularly since the whole thing will sit recessed inside of the top case. Strips are comparatively much easier to install. Also, should the large, one-piece top gasket get damaged (although honestly idk how this would happen other than really messing up installation), it would be much more difficult to replace than a comparatively simple strip. Don’t get me wrong: I think it’s a very interesting idea, I’m just trying to be helpful.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 04:20:46 »

That’s a good point about the cost of the die cut top gasket. Would the complexity significantly increase cost? One other thing I thought of about the top gasket is that such a large and complex piece of adhesive silicone would be difficult to install without any errors in alignment, creases, etc, particularly since the whole thing will sit recessed inside of the top case. Strips are comparatively much easier to install. Also, should the large, one-piece top gasket get damaged (although honestly idk how this would happen other than really messing up installation), it would be much more difficult to replace than a comparatively simple strip. Don’t get me wrong: I think it’s a very interesting idea, I’m just trying to be helpful.

Totally, I get both of your concerns!
Die cutting is relatively cheap once you have the tooling set up, so I don't think this will affect the price significantly. Along the process of making this, I'm also trying to not affect the price too much by adding unnecessary elements to it.
I don't think I'll make the silicone sheet adhesive, and instead finding other ways of aligning it and keeping it fixed while mounting the top piece to the bottom piece. I'll be working more on this in the coming days. If this doesn't work out, I'll just try to mirror the bottom case design to the top part and use the same gaskets.

Offline voeux

« Reply #335 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 10:37:02 »
ooh this is clean, would consider buying this as a present for my gf if the pink was available

Offline ponchofreedo

• it me
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 16:13:24 »

this makes me miss maya so much...my autodesk cert means nothing anymore since im so rusty. but now i just want to go render keyboards since you mentioned this. literally cant wait for this gb to happen.

Offline sntXrrr

« Reply #337 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 19:24:20 »
The top of the case looks great! I love the layout. The thick bezels and the small rounded sides give the case a very solid and tight look, the pinhole indicator leds support that look very well. It has a great 'less is more' look. The design of the cutout puts me off the keyboard though, specially those big curves. It breaks the visual design language and makes no sense to me. Also, does the cutout need to be that big? Because I think it makes the outer case look more like a cover instead of a solid block like the top does. Maybe not extending the cutout to the bottom but be more like a window could help here? Not sure if I have ever seen that in a keyboard design but having a strip of the inner case be visible on the back could be pretty cool I think.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #338 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 02:17:55 »

this makes me miss maya so much...my autodesk cert means nothing anymore since im so rusty. but now i just want to go render keyboards since you mentioned this. literally cant wait for this gb to happen.

You definitely should get back into it  ;D it's addictive once you get slightly happy with the results. Now Maya's coming with a much more affordable Indie license too!

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 21:17:48 »
Sorry if it was already covered, but is there QMK / VIA firmware support? If so I think you can safely count me in.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 08:49:49 »
So will polycarbonate likely be a case material? And the HHKB top?

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 06:08:21 »
Sorry if it was already covered, but is there QMK / VIA firmware support? If so I think you can safely count me in.
Yes! VIA is now open source (if i'm not comepletely mistaken) so yes, it will be no problem. Personally a huge fan of VIA so gonna make sure it happens.

I really want to make this happen, if not immediately, it will be my focus once a prototype is successful  ;)

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 14:37:42 »
Yes! VIA is now open source (if i'm not comepletely mistaken) so yes, it will be no problem. Personally a huge fan of VIA so gonna make sure it happens.

It's not.

Only the keyboard definition files are on GitHub.
The actual VIA configurator tool was changed to closed source a while ago due to chinese people copying it and selling it as their own software.

To port a board to VIA you don't need access to the client source code though so it doesn't really matter.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 06:05:59 »
Hi all! I wrote a message in my discord server and thought I'd just inform my geekhack thread as well!
I put out new renders and colors on a new, contemporary website: https://typelab.design

As to my decision to first only do a few, perhaps limited and dull colors, I eventually want to do more 'out there' colors and give people their favorite colors or at least something close.

But I wanna start off with limited colors to minimize the amount of mismatched parts/stuff that can go wrong and make people unhappy. Completing a relatively small first round will give me a better idea of how to safely expand options and make more people want this case!

I don't want people who wants this case to worry about missing out or losing a spot, because even if I do a limited first round, gauging how well everything go, we might even start the next GB as soon as we see that the first production units are looking good and are as solid as the initial prototype I'm happy with, with more colors.

I'm starting with dark grey, to mix black and grey into one discreet and balanced look and will fit most sets, I hope. Rose gold because I love the kind of muted look which will hopefully fit most neutral light sets (maybe even neutral dark sets!) However, if I somehow sense that the prototype for the rose gold can be tricky to mass produce, I'll change it to a safer color. And E-white because it's a much less risky finish.

Even if we order prototypes in these 3 colors, it doesn't mean I've completely set my mind on them
As always, I'm very open to input and your thoughts because I might be completely wrong in my way of thinking :)

Offline phinix

« Reply #344 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:44:57 »
Cool, I'll go with dark grey:)

Online VXQN

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 10:32:58 »
FYI your site doesn't work in firefox (for me anyway). May want to look into that. In Chrome it works, but all the parts are labelled "Top", and each section has its own cookie banner.

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 11:32:31 »
Works in Firefox for me, looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what comes of this project!

Offline dPaK

« Reply #347 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 11:38:50 »
Good work, looks beautiful the design. Works great in Firefox for me too. I like dark grey, but I hoped that the first run would have also black to match the evil Dolch.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 11:45:12 »
I really want to make this happen, if not immediately, it will be my focus once a prototype is successful  ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D 100% in if this happens with HHKB top.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 12:16:09 »
I am in for White this time.  Looking forward to it.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black