Author Topic: Getting an error when I try to modify my classified thread  (Read 3343 times)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Getting an error when I try to modify my classified thread
« on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 20:03:26 »
Is anyone else having problem modifying their existing thread on classified? When I click on modify I get "An Error Has Occurred!"

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
Re: Getting an error when I try to modify my classified thread
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 22:08:59 »
I was just trying to reply to a classified and got that same error.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 23:04:29 »
any help with this issue?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 00:10:39 »
We rolled out the implementation of the "25 posts + 2 months" requirement for the classifieds yesterday.  Could be related.  I've raised the question with the mods and admins, we'll get to the bottom of it.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 01:11:30 »
there seems to be a bug in the code that implements this.

we should be able to roll back while we figure it out, but definitely not tonight

i did some profilactic database maintenance to see if that's contributing to the problem. please continue reporting oddities along this line.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 May 2014, 02:07:51 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 04:02:45 »

we should be able to roll back while we figure it out, but definitely not tonight

i did some profilactic database maintenance to see if that's contributing to the problem. please continue reporting oddities along this line.
okay, it will be great if you can roll it back and make sure that people who registered before this new rule isn't effected. Thanks

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 05:10:44 »

okay, it will be great if you can roll it back and make sure that people who registered before this new rule isn't effected. Thanks

Why should people who joined prior to the change not be affected by the new rules? What makes you special? If I had been here for a year and a half, and only made 24 posts, I would expect these new rules to affect me. Because I was here before these new rules, should I be allowed to get away with not taking pictures with evidence of possession of my items? What you say makes no sense at times.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 06:00:19 »

Why should people who joined prior to the change not be affected by the new rules? What makes you special? If I had been here for a year and a half, and only made 24 posts, I would expect these new rules to affect me. Because I was here before these new rules, should I be allowed to get away with not taking pictures with evidence of possession of my items? What you say makes no sense at times.

ex post facto look it up its the american way

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 06:12:37 »
I just tested, and was able to modify my sales thread OP without issue. 

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 14:33:02 »
Was just wondering about this, but I'll just have to wait the 8 days. :o
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 15:16:12 »
we believe we have fixed this issue. please report if it errors out on you again

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 21:36:10 »
I understand the new classifieds rules require a poster to be a member for a certain length of time and have a certain number of posts, but does that pertain to replying to a classified thread as well?

I haven't been here for two months yet, but I can't even reply to classified ads anymore. Kind of a bummer.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 21:37:30 »
I understand the new classifieds rules require a poster to be a member for a certain length of time and have a certain number of posts, but does that pertain to replying to a classified thread as well?

I haven't been here for two months yet, but I can't even reply to classified ads anymore. Kind of a bummer.
PM them then.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 21:43:45 »

PM them then.
Yeah, I know. Sometimes it's just nice to reply in the thread for the sake of discussion. But I understand how perpetually bumping their thread could be annoying.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 22:20:09 »

no, that's the bug. sigh. not fixed yet apparently.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 08:01:41 »
Try it now.
Russ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:54:40 »