Zeal's Gateron Build, with black blank POM caps
20 (55.6%)
Kurplop's Alumapop
13 (36.1%)
1391406's Model F 122 key with black and white caps
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Mon, 09 February 2015, 09:12:46

Author Topic: Keyboard of the month - January - Voting!  (Read 3694 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the month - January - Voting!
« on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 08:26:42 »
Sorry it's late. I had far too much fun watching the Super Bowl to post this thread, but lets get it started.

We had 75 votes cast in the December poll, and the winner was Laspilot's GON.

There were a total of 13 different boards nominated this month, ranging from Model Fs and Ms, to GONs and Lightsavers. There were some seriously awesome boards and builds, so go check out the nominations thread.

The Nominees are:

Zeal's Gateron Build, with black blank POM caps.

Find more information on Zeal's build here -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68061.0

Kurplop's Alumapop

A very different board, and a very nice looking build. Still in progress and the latest update is pretty awesome -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67467.0

And finally, I had to make a decision between three boards with the same amount of nominations. Which was really hard. But in the interest of variety, I thought I would pick:

1391406's Model F 122 key with black and white caps.

No more details on this, but if you have more pictures 1391406, feel free to post them and I can update the OP.

You can find the old threads here:
More
Feedback thread -https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66797.0
December Nomination Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66796.0
December Poll Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67230.0

And the rules here:
More
1.   A nomination thread will go up for the last two weeks of every month. You can nominate anybody you like, (even yourself) and any person can have any number of nominations every month. This is going to be the nomination thread for December.

a.   These boards should be ones you are drawn to, ones that stand out for one reason or another. Keysets, modifications, whatever you fancy. I don’t want to have to post guidelines or restrictions on the boards, but I may change this depending on the types of submissions we get over the first few months. Please also say a little bit about each board you nominate, as to the reasons why you think it deserves to be up for KOTM.

b.   The board must have been posted to the forums since the start of the calendar month. It can have been posted before then, but you must provide a link to the images that were posted after the first day of the calendar month.

c.   Keyboards may be resubmitted in subsequent months, but they must have had a picture or progress posted within the calendar month that they are nominated for.

d.   NO THEMES RIGHT NOW. These may or may not follow in the coming months. This also may or may not tie in with the calendar that may or may not happen at the end of next year.

2.   However, after the initial two week period of nominations, a user will only have ONE board get through to the final public voting process. The final three nominees will be selected by myself from the most nominated and praised board in the nomination thread. E.G. If one board is posted and has the most +1s, quotes or references  by other users in said thread, that will be chosen as one of the final three. Essentially, there is a crowd unofficial voting before the public voting. The final three are not up to me, they are up to you.

3.   PLEASE post some good quality photos of the board you are nominating. I’m not looking for Macro lenses and DSLRs, but maybe more than one, top down, blurry shot would be nice. I realise if it isn’t your board there isn’t much you can do about it, but just pick a couple that aren’t terrible from an album or post.

4.   On the 1st of every month, a poll thread will go up. This will consist of three finalists. Again, a user will only have one of their boards get through to this stage during any particular month. You can of course be nominated on another month. There will be one vote per person, and the results will remain anonymous until the voting closes.

5.   After a period of one week, the voting will be closed and a winner will be announced. The winner will be posted both on that month's voting thread, and the following month's nominations thread. I’m not sure if there will be a prize every month, but if there is then I will sort it out and backdate it if I come up with one in a few months time.

6.   The winner of each monthly process will go through to the ANNUAL KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR process, and the winner of the will DEFINITELY win a prize which I will work out in a year’s time.

Voting will last until the night of Monday the 9th of February, so happy voting!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: Keyboard of the month - January - Voting!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 08:43:16 »
I see no poll
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 09:01:00 »
I see no poll

I'm not a mod, so I have to ask one to add one to the thread when it's created, that's why there is a delay between it going up and a poll being applied.

There is one now though :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:56:10 »
I'm going to bump this for the weekend, need some more votes before it closes!