Author Topic: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards  (Read 119740 times)

Offline okooko

• afk.
should make them 5x the rrp and donate the excess to ek/gh considering there are people that are willing to pay lol

Offline Linkbane

Registered for the skulls and Oktoberfest in MX and Topre. Really hope to get an Oktoberfest which I could put and adore on my keyboard!  :thumb:

Just wondering why you want an Oktoberfest?

Probably because of how #LEGITBALLIN they are.

It's just cool. Not $200 cool, but pretty darn cool.
Also love the color scheme.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
and because beer

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
and because beer

but we are not all old enough for beer :(

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
and because beer

The legal drinking age in many places in Europe are 16 and over. Yet, they don't seem to have problem. Go figure.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
and because beer

The legal drinking age in many places in Europe are 16 and over. Yet, they don't seem to have problem. Go figure.

Synopsis: America is retarded.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
and because beer

This is true, cultures and society's are different and the views and treatment of alcohol is one of those things that is treated much differently depending on your location.

Personal responsibility is lacking unfortunately in many of our US citizens, whether they be young or old.

I just would hate for someone's mom to throw away a clickclack because they found out it represented beer and yet they were underage 'legally'.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
and because beer

This is true, cultures and society's are different and the views and treatment of alcohol is one of those things that is treated much differently depending on your location.

Personal responsibility is lacking unfortunately in many of our US citizens, whether they be young or old.

I just would hate for someone's mom to throw away a clickclack because they found out it represented beer and yet they were underage 'legally'.

LOL, this person would have to turn in their man card right away.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
See I understand that the drinking age should be when people can act their age and not act stupid but let's be honest in USA everyone drinks when they're 16. I know myself and all my friends drank the most 16-21 lol so it is odd that they wouldn't want to make profit on everyone that's drinking illegally. Oh also in Wi you can drink at any age with your parents consent.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
So what's the legal age in each of our country to drink an oktoberfest clack?
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
See I understand that the drinking age should be when people can act their age and not act stupid but let's be honest in USA everyone drinks when they're 16. I know myself and all my friends drank the most 16-21 lol so it is odd that they wouldn't want to make profit on everyone that's drinking illegally. Oh also in Wi you can drink at any age with your parents consent.

Not everyone! :thumb:

^^ I know, it's just a keyboard key that looks cool, it's not actually made of beer. (or is it :eek:)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
It's funny though I drank more when I was younger now I drink like once every other month. But damn those clacks are sweet :)

Offline MsYutai

I want the evil green jelly bear!!  :eek:
(in my mind it's a bear)
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
I want the evil green jelly bear!!  :eek:
(in my mind it's a bear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Sorry, the EK site says it is not for drinking (IIRC).

It is not just me, the EK site seems to be down atm.

Luckily I entered the drawing yestreen.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Guess they need to upgrade their hosting!

Or maybe they are adding more clacks!!!!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

Guess they need to upgrade their hosting!

Or maybe they are adding more clacks!!!!

Thatd be amazing  :eek: :cool: :p :p

Offline Sniping

Oh god I entered the wrong email (typo) for the translucent green skull and I can't change it T_T

Offline Morwrath

Oh god I entered the wrong email (typo) for the translucent green skull and I can't change it T_T

O.o imagine if you won it ^^
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

O.o imagine if you won it ^^

I'm imagining that he won it, EK couldn't contact him, so they selected the next person on the list ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline calavera

I hope I win something... anything! :D

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
Awesome, got my entry in for all of these!
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Awesome, got my entry in for all of these!

Getting an entry in is one thing - winning is something else!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Whats funny is I originally entered so I could trade.. But now I want these if I win! Oh man...   :p :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Whats funny is I originally entered so I could trade.. But now I want these if I win! Oh man...   :p :p

It gets that way, doesn't it.

When you see them in person you're like ooh they're so cute I'm never gonna let them go!

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is

When you see them in person you're like ooh they're so cute I'm never gonna let them go!
Then you realize that you have a $200 piece of plastic sitting in the palm of your hand...
 :rolleyes:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Then you realize that you have a $200 piece of plastic sitting in the palm of your hand...

Only if you win all 8, otherwise they're about $25 each (average).

But the rarer ones from Classifieds, yep, $200 and up!

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 00:30:04 »

Lol.  I can promise you, none of those will sell on the secondary market for <$100, most will probably go for >$150.  So yes, it is a $200 piece of plastic.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 00:32:57 »
That's wild  :p even the goblins?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 00:34:08 »

If anything those will go for more than the skulls, rarity and all that.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 00:34:21 »

Especially the Goblins, as no-one else has one - hence increased desirability.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 01:30:55 »

That is very true! I am registered for all 5 MX. Tempting to register for the others and I could trade someone...

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 01:47:41 »

That is very true! I am registered for all 5 MX. Tempting to register for the others and I could trade someone...

Heh, I really only am interested in personally owning the Oktoberfest MX. If I get the Topre or another clack, I'd be happy to trade.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 02:14:23 »

Heh, I really only am interested in personally owning the Oktoberfest MX. If I get the Topre or another clack, I'd be happy to trade.

Awesome :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 04:50:45 »
I have registered for all the ones I would actually like to keep, which is not quite all of them btw.

With this number of registrations I hope I get at least one, although if I happen to win all of them I will need to do some explaining to my other half about yet another keyboard-related expense.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 07:12:09 »

::)

Lol.  I can promise you, none of those will sell on the secondary market for <$100, most will probably go for >$150.  So yes, it is a $200 piece of plastic.

surely not the regular octoberfest....it's more around the $70 isn't it?

I have registered for all the ones I would actually like to keep, which is not quite all of them btw.

With this number of registrations I hope I get at least one, although if I happen to win all of them I will need to do some explaining to my other half about yet another keyboard-related expense.

Don't worry rowdy if you win them all I'll help you pay for them and have the ones you don't want shipped to me :p

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 07:21:09 »
Just placed all my entries, wasn't until the last one i realized my postcode was 1 digit short on every entry :'(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 07:54:17 »
Just placed all my entries, wasn't until the last one i realized my postcode was 1 digit short on every entry :'(

So long as your contact email works  and you get lucky and win something you should be able to work out any shipping details in the final ordering process.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 07:57:32 »
Nice to see a new design.

Best of luck to all.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 08:04:24 »

So long as your contact email works  and you get lucky and win something you should be able to work out any shipping details in the final ordering process.

3. Provide valid information. Your e-mail address is not correctable and no changes to the shipping information you input here can be made. Be careful!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 08:09:36 »
Cries, well. If i win there will be a clark lost forever within the British postal system.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 08:11:48 »
Cries, well. If i win there will be a clark lost forever within the British postal system.

You'd have to pay for it if you win, thus you would be sending it into the abyss instead of into the arms of someone else? I see your game...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 08:19:54 »

3. Provide valid information. Your e-mail address is not correctable and no changes to the shipping information you input here can be made. Be careful!

:eek:

I gotta learn to read....sorry Tym....

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:39:03 »
Tym confused, and upset, and confused again.

Tym going to cry.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 13:47:46 »

I doubt that. The design isn't as clean or has nearly as much mass appeal as the skull does, people will want it for the novelty and I don't see them going for $100+ at all. Probably more in line with the Oktoberfest cap, so say $60-90.
Drunken Skull and the translucent green one will be the big turnarounds here.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 14:09:51 »

I doubt that. The design isn't as clean or has nearly as much mass appeal as the skull does, people will want it for the novelty and I don't see them going for $100+ at all. Probably more in line with the Oktoberfest cap, so say $60-90.
Drunken Skull and the translucent green one will be the big turnarounds here.

Aw man the only 2 I want to keep hehe

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 17:13:56 »
nice to see him finally doing something different, the skulls are a bit tired
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 19:13:32 »

Don't worry rowdy if you win them all I'll help you pay for them and have the ones you don't want shipped to me :p

Thank you for the kind offer, SpAmRaY.

I shall bear this in mind.

BTW I should point out that I interpreted your offer as: you will unconditionally help me pay for them if I win them all, and I only have to ship to you the ones I do not want, which will be none of them.

Thank you again ;D :p