Author Topic: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards  (Read 119768 times)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:09:05 »
Or better yet, just knowing if people ever win and never end up buying them  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:12:52 »
I'm curious to know how many there are of each style.

But ... if there are only a few, then it kinda makes entering future drawings somewhat pointless.

And ... if there are many, then winning one somewhat loses much of its joy.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:15:56 »
I'm curious to know how many there are of each style.

But ... if there are only a few, then it kinda makes entering future drawings somewhat pointless.

And ... if there are many, then winning one somewhat loses much of its joy.

Well we know there are at least 4 Topre Drunken Skulls (by the EK picture for them). So could we safely assume that there is at least 4 of every type?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:35:37 »
Welp, i lost last time...hopefully this time atleast 1

good luck to all

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #355 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:36:43 »
Stop torturing me ...just let me know if I lost or won already :((
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:40:34 »

You're torturing yourself.

If you really need help, go out and buy a Powerball ticket.  The stakes are WAY higher so that should get your mind of the clacks, right?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:41:49 »

You're torturing yourself.

If you really need help, go out and buy a Powerball ticket.  The stakes are WAY higher so that should get your mind of the clacks, right?

lol ive been craving getting one!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:42:45 »
Will it actually say that you have lost or do you just have to assume so?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:47:39 »
It'll have a picture of a gun so you can kill yourself because not having a clack is reason alone to not live.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:48:29 »
It'll have a picture of a gun so you can kill yourself because not having a clack is reason alone to not live.

That's what Clack Therapy is for...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:08:07 »

Thank god for that forum topic ;p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:11:19 »

Actually you can thank YoungMichael88 :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:15:16 »
Man, if I won a clack on my birthday that would be the best :D

I know that feeling.  My bday is next Monday.  If I won one, it could get here in time for my bday.  It would be a great way to celebrate it and the new job.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:15:47 »

Actually you can thank YoungMichael88 :))

haha Thank You Michael :D

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:16:26 »
Good luck! And congrats on the new job. Have you started yet?

Man, if I won a clack on my birthday that would be the best :D

I know that feeling.  My bday is next Monday.  If I won one, it could get here in time for my bday.  It would be a great way to celebrate it and the new job.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:17:56 »
Not yet.  Just had my physical today and have to go in for Live Scan fingerprinting and background check next Tuesday, but after that, work will start shortly.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:20:04 »
I know what you guys mean. My birthday is next year, so if I get one, I can celebrate that and being employed at the same place for nearly a decade, and for ****ing mad *****es, and for stacking paper to crazy heights.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:03:36 »
moose dont be mean

whoa whoa whoa mad *****es?

send some my way. i like angry *****es.

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:06:37 »
whats a *****

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:08:45 »
whats a *****

A ***** is a **** who *********** and ******. You also have to watch out for ********, not to mention ***.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:09:53 »
******* aint **** but **** and ******

***** juice.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #372 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:10:41 »
******* aint **** but **** and ******

***** juice.

:thumb: :thumb: hell yea

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:13:17 »
Not yet.  Just had my physical today and have to go in for Live Scan fingerprinting and background check next Tuesday, but after that, work will start shortly.

Whoa!  Job doing what?

Or is that kind of pre-employment ritual typical where you are?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #374 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:13:59 »
**** *** ****** ***** ****** ***?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:15:20 »

Whoa!  Job doing what?

government work requires all of that ****.

tl;dr he's going to harass me for riding my bike

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #376 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:17:53 »

Whoa!  Job doing what?

Why? Are you riding in the middle of the road?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #377 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:18:08 »

Whoa!  Job doing what?

I'll be a deputy public administrator/public guardian.  Basically, I'll be testing competency of some people to see if they can continue to live alone or if they need to be placed in a conservatorship, making sure that they aren't being taken advantage of, assisting them if they do become a conservatee, and/or taking care of their estate if they die while being a conservatee of the county.

Most government jobs require a physical and a background check and I've never had a job where I didn't have to have a background check before being hired.  It makes things tough for ex-cons because even if they're reformed and trying to better themselves, they still are often denied jobs because they have a record.

Damn straight I will.  Teach you right to be brown in Orange County.

(That's sarcasm for those of you who are hypersensitive)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:18:28 »

Whoa!  Job doing what?

riding while brown

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #379 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:24:01 »

Whoa!  Job doing what?

riding while brown

So?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:26:00 »
Brown people aren't allowed in Orange County unless they're undocumented immigrants doing manual labor or housecleaning and maintenance for rich white people.  Only middle class and rich white people are allowed there, and the middle class people are only there because the lower upper class need someone to feel better than.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #381 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:26:52 »
what nubs said.

OC has really hot asian girls too!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #382 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:27:01 »

Whoa!  Job doing what?

I'll be a deputy public administrator/public guardian.  Basically, I'll be testing competency of some people to see if they can continue to live alone or if they need to be placed in a conservatorship, making sure that they aren't being taken advantage of, assisting them if they do become a conservatee, and/or taking care of their estate if they die while being a conservatee of the county.

Most government jobs require a physical and a background check and I've never had a job where I didn't have to have a background check before being hired.  It makes things tough for ex-cons because even if they're reformed and trying to better themselves, they still are often denied jobs because they have a record.

Fair enough.  I had a physical once for continued employment.  Nothing wrong, they were just reorganising the company and had to put a tick in all the boxes.

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:28:19 »
Doesn't orange county have some kind of nuclear reactor? I remember reading about a list of US nuclear reactors

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:29:01 »
i think that's in san diego county, the ones that look like boobs right?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:32:11 »
Doesn't orange county have some kind of nuclear reactor? I remember reading about a list of US nuclear reactors

Yup, San Diego County, right before Camp Pendleton.  SONGS (San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station)  It's shut down now and being deactivated.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:39:50 »
 :-\

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:40:32 »

Yup, San Diego County, right before Camp Pendleton.  SONGS (San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station)  It's shut down now and being deactivated.

I pass by these Boobies everytime I drive home from school haha

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #388 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:41:26 »
I considered staying up for this but I'm falling asleep holding my laptop not a good idea...I've been up for about 20 hours at this point.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:46:24 »
I considered staying up for this but I'm falling asleep holding my laptop not a good idea...I've been up for about 20 hours at this point.

Same here haha he said within 24 hours but it's getting so close

Offline tbc

« Reply #390 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:55:21 »
i think that's in san diego county, the ones that look like oneness with cup rubber right?

ftfy
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:55:48 »
not everything has to be keyboard related

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #392 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:03:24 »
I JUST WANT CLOSURE  :'(

EK stop the suspense. We know your algorithm is efficient enough at this point that you should have told us who won the drawing  :-X

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #393 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:04:43 »

EK stop the suspense. We know your algorithm is efficient enough at this point that you should have told us who won the drawing  :-X

after this is over, and you win( or not). look back at all your replies in this thread and question your sanity.

Offline PewMcDaddy

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:06:14 »

after this is over, and you win( or not). look back at all your replies in this thread and question your sanity.

LOL this is my first time in this "situation" and I think I'm losing it.
Filco Majestouch TKL Cherry MX Blues
IBM Model M Spacesaver
Choc Noppoo Mini Cherry MX Browns
HHKB Pro 2 Black
HHKB Pro 2 White
REΛLFORCE 87U Ergonomically weighted
REΛLFORCE 87U Black 45g uniform
REΛLFORCE 87U White 55g uniform

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:07:02 »
I'm going to be up tonight very late so I guess i'll see

If i win anything, i think you can guess what i'll be doing with it.. :thumb:

Selling it in classifieds?

Unfortunately if I won I would do that. But first I would use it. Wallethack is too expensive, gotta pay the bills

Why do you even care if the only reason you want one is only to resell it right after you get it?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #396 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:19:40 »
Diamonds are a girl's best friend. Clacks are a geekhacker's best friend.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #397 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:22:48 »
I wonder if publicly admitting these sketchy dealings is at all a factor in the disqualification/blacklisting process. Probably harder for EK sales since there's no link between GH username and transaction. But at least for 4Grabs, CC does need GH usernames in those emails..

It sometimes seems to me like he's allowing it to happen, if he sees a user sell a marked up CC (whether by a little or by a lot) in the classifieds but still lets them buy caps during his 4Grabs sales.

Yeah, sure, it could be that the seller had bought it for a high cost, but that person still contributed to the problem by originally purchasing it at that high cost.

And yeah, there are private sales (like not via classifieds listings, but by PM/email/in-person/eBay).. I don't have a response to that one.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #398 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 23:33:35 »
3 weeks until winners are announced.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee