Author Topic: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards  (Read 119760 times)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #650 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:07:10 »
My opinion on clacks. After you pay for it, it's yours! Do what you want with it.

If I had to I would sell mine for a good chunk of change too, but thankfully I don't need money right now. I need clacks!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #651 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:10:00 »
This thread went downhill faster than dirt in a rainstorm...

My opinion: people who by Clacks for the sole purpose of flipping them are just *******s. You're partly the ones responsible for the constantly skyrocketing costs of Clacks.

The other guilty parties are the people who buy their Clacks for these ridiculously inflated prices.  You want them so badly and you want them NOW. If you put up a WTB thread for a reasonable asking price (no more than $80 per Clack) and wait it out a bit, then maybe Clack prices could go down.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, because no matter what I say somebody is going to complain about it and tell me I'm wrong despite the fact that I am speaking the truth.  After all, Vulcan's cannot lie...

If you have a problem with what I've said here, you can go suck a nut...
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:12:32 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #652 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:13:23 »

My opinion: people who by Clacks for the sole purpose of flipping them are just *******s. You're partly the ones responsible for the constantly skyrocketing costs of Clacks.

The other guilty parties are the people who buy their Clacks for these ridiculously inflated prices.  You want them so badly and you want them NOW. If you put up a WTB thread for a reasonable asking price (no more than $80 per Clack) and wait it out a bit, then maybe Clack prices could go down.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, because no matter what I say somebody is going to complain about it and tell me I'm wrong despite the fact that I am speaking the truth.  After all, Vulcan's cannot lie...

you're wrong

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #653 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:13:33 »

I fail to see how anything you say could be interpreted as a lie.  It's 100% truth.  Clack flippers are the patent trolls of the keyboard key cap world.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:13:47 »

you're wrong

No you!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #655 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:14:17 »

I fail to see how anything you say could be interpreted as a lie.  It's 100% truth.  Clack flippers are the patent trolls of the keyboard key cap world.

so what are clack horders then?

you're wrong

No you!

:(

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:14:37 »
Clacks bring such sadness :(

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #657 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:16:15 »
It's funny reading as some of you try to justify your greed.
45g Brown Brown Blue

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:16:48 »

Avid collectors. Every hobby has them...

Also this:

tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #659 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:19:45 »

As much as I hate the hoarding, I can't fault collectors.  And most of the time they at least share pictures of the Clacks, bring them to meet ups, and so on.  They generally fall into one of two types, art collectors who lock everything in storage and rarely look at the pieces or put a few into circulation around their house or art collectors who loan stuff to museums or have their own private galleries that they open to the public. 

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:22:43 »

As much as I hate the hoarding, I can't fault collectors.  And most of the time they at least share pictures of the Clacks, bring them to meet ups, and so on.  They generally fall into one of two types, art collectors who lock everything in storage and rarely look at the pieces or put a few into circulation around their house or art collectors who loan stuff to museums or have their own private galleries that they open to the public. 

Avid collectors. Every hobby has them...

Also this:

Show Image

I'd blame the horders as much as anyone else then who show off the rarity of clacks, thus drumming up hype/demand.
Also usually is one of the horders decide to let go of one or two pieces of their collection that gets the ridiculous prices.

Basically, everyone's to blame, easier to just not give a fawk!
And this:

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #661 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:27:01 »

Comon guys, let's diffuse the tension here...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #662 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:27:55 »
Depends on which collector/hoarder you're talking about.  I've seen several let Clacks go for very reasonable prices.  In fact, I know several pride themselves on only selling them for what they paid for them and sometimes less.  There are collectors who want to pass pieces on to those who will enjoy them and there are those who sell to top bidder when they let something go.  I appreciate the former and understand the latter, though they do seem to be part of the problem too.

Offline Forsythe

« Reply #663 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:28:55 »
Srs businos!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #665 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:31:46 »
It's so sad to see how some people ruin such an awesome and interesting hobby.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:39:29 »
Blame = Shame

Let us all enjoy the clacks and STFU!!!!

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #667 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:40:18 »
Demand dictates price

Choosing not to pay an "obscene" amount -relatively... is similar to saying "I will not buy gold for XX.XX per ounce because it comes out the earth and since this is true it is obscene to pay more than the price of dirt."

Hobbies have naturally an awesome price elasticity of demand... and avid collectors who LOCK everything in storage never to be seen again...

That said, I've paid obscene amounts and sold for obscene amounts ($1200+ worth of CCs) because that's what they just sell for. I sell CCs for $100+(rarer colors) because I've PAID $XXX, it's the attached price tag that follows it. The only time that a member will sell for what they truly bought it for is out of a drawing, is an avid collector who does it for the "unity of the community". MOST top collectors would not even consider a price on such items(often times consider it an insult if $$ is mentioned) and ONLY accept trades.... Similar to Pokemon cards, once you get a good trading deck it's used to get even better CCs.

Just the way it works... blame economics and I really would never ever ever EVER consider selling for $25.00 for aforementioned reasons.

It's annoying that everyone is just out to get a CC for a uber cheap price because they a) lack the funds b) don't respect the structure to get there c) want to get a snickering good deal and brag on forums d) etc.

It's a pay to play club...  I had to pay full price or get UBER lucky.

No hard feelings to be followed on GH, just my thoughts on the whole CC drama ordeal.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #668 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:41:53 »
In 100 years no one will remember you or your precious Clacks. So there.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #669 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:42:36 »
We get it, you're justifying your greed for a commodity you "can't afford" because of law school costs.

You could easily sell the Clack for what it cost, the fact is that you choose not to.  Don't try and couch it in terms of anything else outside of your greed.  At least be honest about it.  You got it cheap and are looking to make a profit off of it.  Fine, I don't like it, but whatever.  Trying to justify it makes it worse.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:45:06 by nubbinator »

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:44:49 »
he maybe a greedy ******* in your eyes, but its been proven time and time again in the past those who rag on reselling clacks/rare stuff here on GH end up doing the same stuff when they decide to sell their items.

Personally im just saying as much as you want to rag on someone, everyone's basically gonna do something similar in the future so no reason to have a holier than thou attitude about it.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #671 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:47:13 »
Demand dictates price

Choosing not to pay an "obscene" amount -relatively... is similar to saying "I will not buy gold for XX.XX per ounce because it comes out the earth and since this is true it is obscene to pay more than the price of dirt."

Hobbies have naturally an awesome price elasticity of demand... and avid collectors who LOCK everything in storage never to be seen again...

That said, I've paid obscene amounts and sold for obscene amounts ($1200+ worth of CCs) because that's what they just sell for. I sell CCs for $100+(rarer colors) because I've PAID $XXX, it's the attached price tag that follows it. The only time that a member will sell for what they truly bought it for is out of a drawing, is an avid collector who does it for the "unity of the community". MOST top collectors would not even consider a price on such items(often times consider it an insult if $$ is mentioned) and ONLY accept trades.... Similar to Pokemon cards, once you get a good trading deck it's used to get even better CCs.

Just the way it works... blame economics and I really would never ever ever EVER consider selling for $25.00 for aforementioned reasons.

It's annoying that everyone is just out to get a CC for a uber cheap price because they a) lack the funds b) don't respect the structure to get there c) want to get a snickering good deal and brag on forums d) etc.

No hard feelings to be followed on GH, just my thoughts on the whole CC drama ordeal.

I will look back on this and laugh when I manage to buy a Clack for $10 over retail just because I was patient and waited for someone to sell me one at a REASONABLE price...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #672 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:50:12 »
he maybe a greedy ******* in your eyes, but its been proven time and time again in the past those who rag on reselling clacks/rare stuff here on GH end up doing the same stuff when they decide to sell their items.

Personally im just saying as much as you want to rag on someone, everyone's basically gonna do something similar in the future so no reason to have a holier than thou attitude about it.

I've sold all my stuff I've bought on here at cost or at a loss, including Clacks.  I think I'm entitled to rag on people who view Clacks as a means of making a profit when they add nothing of value to it outside of getting lucky in a raffle or 4Grabs.

And the main point I'm making is the same one moose is making.  Don't try and justify your greed.  I may not like you for it, but at least you're honest about it. 

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #673 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:52:09 »
42663-0
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #674 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:52:45 »
But will you get the one you want? Will you get a translucent or a tricolor?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #675 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:57:05 »
Demand dictates price

I will look back on this and laugh when I manage to buy a Clack for $10 over retail just because I was patient and waited for someone to sell me one at a REASONABLE price...

When the demand is that low, will you still want one?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:57:49 »

Yes they will, when the Alien overlords come and they value the clacks because they represent their highest deity the great skull, then they will give me the power to live forever  :o

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #677 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:00:44 »
great, is it necessary to be parroting your stance on every CC thread?
Do you think you're gonna guilt someone into not selling for profit?

Don't participate in the thread if you find what they do revolting.
I don't participate in any of the 420/getting high threads/caps/etc because i personally don't find that appealing.
I didn't signup for any of the 4grab 420 theme clacks that were on sale this past April.
But im not on a personal crusade to crucify everyone that partakes in the activity on this forum.

whatever i think this has gotten way off topic.
I didn't win a CC, 2nd year in a row not getting an oktoberfest
my hunt continues, maybe i'll get lucky and get one in a trade sometime soon™

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #678 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:02:28 »
great, is it necessary to be parroting your stance on every CC thread?
Do you think you're gonna guilt someone into not selling for profit?

Don't participate in the thread if you find what they do revolting.
I don't participate in any of the 420/getting high threads/caps/etc because i personally don't find that appealing.
I didn't signup for any of the 4grab 420 theme clacks that were on sale this past April.
But im not on a personal crusade to crucify everyone that partakes in the activity on this forum.

whatever i think this has gotten way off topic.
I didn't win a CC, 2nd year in a row not getting an oktoberfest
my hunt continues, maybe i'll get lucky and get one in a trade sometime soon™

Ask and ye shall receive.

PMed

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #679 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:04:43 »
Supply and demand. Supply and demand influences prices, and clack's rarity isn't helping to lower the resale price.

And trading and selling is an inherent part of free markets, and free markets are built upon self profit.

Its the unfortunate truth.

I myself am selling my CC for profit. Every dollar I've earned in my 16 years was with my own resourcefulness. I've done multiple flippings for hobbies before keyboards to fund the hobby. I've accepted the market we live in right now, and I'm mainly doing this to get funds for a qazpad that I had to drop my order due to lack of funds

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #680 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:05:19 »
I was hesitating due the controversy, but I think what I have to say has to be mentioned.

First, let me state that I did not win a CC or own one for that matter. I am not upset for not winning since I'm really only looking for a single novelty Topre keycap. I'll get one eventually, so there's no hurry. What I do have a problem with is the status quo of the forum policies and moderator involvement with CC sales.

The biggest problem I see here is the fact that immediate reselling of CCs after a raffle is allowed. Why are CCs allowed to be sold immediately after a raffle when it causes so much drama?

Some of the moderators on the forum coincidentally happen to be CC collectors. While there's nothing wrong with collecting, but when you're a moderator and also sell CCs for outrageous prices, you're directly contributing to the drama and allowing it to thrive.

While CC sales would still be entirely possible in private via PMs and other venues, by restricting public sales of CCs, at least immediately after a raffle, a lot of the drama that poisons the forum can be avoided.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #681 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:07:30 »
I was hesitating due the controversy, but I think what I have to say has to be mentioned.

First, let me state that I did not win a CC or own one for that matter. I am not upset for not winning since I'm really only looking for a single novelty Topre keycap. I'll get one eventually, so there's no hurry. What I do have a problem with is the status quo of the forum policies and moderator involvement with CC sales.

The biggest problem I see here is the fact that immediate reselling of CCs after a raffle is allowed. Why are CCs allowed to be sold immediately after a raffle when it causes so much drama?

Some of the moderators on the forum coincidentally happen to be CC collectors. While there's nothing wrong with collecting, but when you're a moderator and also sell CCs for outrageous prices, you're directly contributing to the drama and allowing it to thrive.

While CC sales would still be entirely possible in private via PMs and other venues, by restricting public sales of CCs, at least immediately after a raffle, a lot of the drama that poisons the forum can be avoided.

Maybe we should only be able to sell things we physically have. So no pre-sales of things people won. That may appease some people. But people will only just wait until they receive it to post it. It'll just postpone the butthurt.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #682 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:08:50 »

Maybe we should only be able to sell things we physically have. So no pre-sales of things people won. That may appease some people. But people will only just wait until they receive it to post it. It'll just postpone the butthurt.

The only reason why I posted mine just now was because I saw other people were doing the same, and didn't want to lose out on potential buyers

Offline divito

« Reply #683 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:12:59 »

While a decently made point, moderating/enforcing such a thing on the forum would take quite a bit of effort. Not to mention that it might force people to simply go to eBay or another location. Not that it's super easy to just do it on eBay, it doesn't totally solve the underlying problem.

I'm not sure of a simple-enough solution, but it's almost like a culture change needs to come down from EK/CC going forward, but I'm not sure how it would work.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #684 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:14:12 »

Ask and ye shall receive.

PMed

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #685 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:16:43 »
I leave this thread alone for 1 day! ONE!

If someone wants to sell a clack for a crazy price, let them.

If you're not a buyer, it shouldn't matter what someone is selling it for.

And also, you don't know if USPS/UPS/whatever could lose your package. No preselling pls.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #686 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:20:21 »

In 1000 years perhaps they'll be relics?

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #687 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:23:49 »
LOL @ this thread.  Every time.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #688 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:25:29 »
I leave this thread alone for 1 day! ONE!

If someone wants to sell a clack for a crazy price, let them.

If you're not a buyer, it shouldn't matter what someone is selling it for.

And also, you don't know if USPS/UPS/whatever could lose your package. No preselling pls.

Exactly this. If you want a CC, either pay the price, or wait and get lucky in a drawing. Stop complaining about what other people do. Its pretty much impossible to reform this market down from the 100+ per CC down to $30 a CC buying price

Offline Martyr

« Reply #689 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:35:03 »
So many jimmies rustled. Including mine, I lost :(

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #691 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:47:10 »
Just to point out, CC has given his input on what he thinks of the reseller market: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24463.msg667991#msg667991

Not that he would ever tell, but I wonder what the true barriers are for him not to be able to meet demand, since that's the root of the problem that he and many others have here. It'd be an interesting day if Clacks went the way of Cherry Red Escs.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #692 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:53:36 »
Many of the posts in this thread (nearly 10 pages just appeared overnight!) should be in the Clack Therapy thread.

Then we could read about who won and who did not in this thread.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #693 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:54:30 »
Hey, if it were up to me, this forum wouldn't even have a Classifieds section. And no posts to "Great Finds" or any advertisement of anything for sale whatsoever.

If CC raised his retail prices to, say, $100/$150/$250/$500, then he would be the one making the profit, not the greedy person doing the flipping immediately after they acquired one, because they got lucky in a drawing or were fast with an email.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline divito

« Reply #694 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:06:04 »
Hey, if it were up to me, this forum wouldn't even have a Classifieds section. And no posts to "Great Finds" or any advertisement of anything for sale whatsoever.

If CC raised his retail prices to, say, $100/$150/$250/$500, then he would be the one making the profit, not the greedy person doing the flipping immediately after they acquired one, because they got lucky in a drawing or were fast with an email.

As I said, the culture has to change from EK/CC themselves. With either raising the prices or approach it from a completely different angle, a la card collecting. You buy packs trying to complete a set, and may or may not get an insert of varying odds. Perhaps, randomize the giveaway with a sale of a product/key set from EK itself then, rather than a listing and drawing for an individual key.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:11:17 by divito »
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #695 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:07:12 »

If CC's main job was the production of novelty keycaps, then we might be on to something.

Even at the current prices, around $25 each, I imagine he would still make a significant profit.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #696 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:09:43 »
Back on topic.

I WON!!

I got a GumRot orc monster thing. Pretty awesome. No way I'm selling something this unique.
IIRC ClickClack is a special FX professional right? Makes sense seeing as how cool these things look.

Can't wait to see what other designs he comes up with that aren't Skulls.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #697 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:09:56 »

As I said, the culture has to change from EK/CC themselves. Wither either raising the prices or approach it from a completely different angle, a la card collecting. You buy packs trying to complete a set, and may or may not get an insert of varying odds. Perhaps, randomize the giveaway with a sale of a product/key set from EK itself then, rather than a listing and drawing for an individual key.

Or make it where monthly they just go through the website and pick active members to have the opportunity of buying one. That way there would be 0% chance of people having multiple entries since you can't have more than one account and you would also weed out the crazyness and hype there is from winning/not winning. It would be more of a reward for being on GH, maybe even bump the prices to 50-60, why not.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #698 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:11:33 »

As I said, the culture has to change from EK/CC themselves. Wither either raising the prices or approach it from a completely different angle, a la card collecting. You buy packs trying to complete a set, and may or may not get an insert of varying odds. Perhaps, randomize the giveaway with a sale of a product/key set from EK itself then, rather than a listing and drawing for an individual key.

Or make it where monthly they just go through the website and pick active members to have the opportunity of buying one. That way there would be 0% chance of people having multiple entries since you can't have more than one account and you would also weed out the crazyness and hype there is from winning/not winning. It would be more of a reward for being on GH, maybe even bump the prices to 50-60, why not.

GH isn't the only market for these just FYI. People from all over the world and other forums buy these also.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #699 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:11:50 »
Back on topic.

I WON!!

I got a GumRot orc monster thing. Pretty awesome. No way I'm selling something this unique.
IIRC ClickClack is a special FX professional right? Makes sense seeing as how cool these things look.

Can't wait to see what other designs he comes up with that aren't Skulls.

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it instead of flipping like some people :D
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |