Author Topic: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards  (Read 119763 times)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #700 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:16:05 »
Hey, if it were up to me, this forum wouldn't even have a Classifieds section. And no posts to "Great Finds" or any advertisement of anything for sale whatsoever.

If CC raised his retail prices to, say, $100/$150/$250/$500, then he would be the one making the profit, not the greedy person doing the flipping immediately after they acquired one, because they got lucky in a drawing or were fast with an email.

As I said, the culture has to change from EK/CC themselves. Wither either raising the prices or approach it from a completely different angle, a la card collecting. You buy packs trying to complete a set, and may or may not get an insert of varying odds. Perhaps, randomize the giveaway with a sale of a product/key set from EK itself then, rather than a listing and drawing for an individual key.

Or make it where monthly they just go through the website and pick active members to have the opportunity of buying one. That way there would be 0% chance of people having multiple entries since you can't have more than one account and you would also weed out the crazyness and hype there is from winning/not winning. It would be more of a reward for being on GH, maybe even bump the prices to 50-60, why not.

GH isn't the only market for these just FYI. People from all over the world and other forums buy these also.

I know, I didn't say it was a perfect idea, just putting it out there as an option for something inside of GH that could help ease the classifieds crazyness.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #701 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:16:57 »
From my count there were two others that said they won the Gumrot. With me there are three. I'm wondering how many else are there :o

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #702 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:17:29 »
From my count there were two others that said they won the Gumrot. With me there are three. I'm wondering how many else are there :o

Did you check reddit?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #703 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:20:50 »

Did you check reddit?

Good call. There's 3 in that thread on reddit. So that's 6 total now of Gumrot Cherry MX.
Maybe there was 10?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #704 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:23:36 »

Did you check reddit?

^^ I can't make myself go there but I'm assuming all the 'guests' watching things are mostly redditors :p

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #705 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:27:22 »
Back on topic.

I WON!!

I got a GumRot orc monster thing. Pretty awesome. No way I'm selling something this unique.
IIRC ClickClack is a special FX professional right? Makes sense seeing as how cool these things look.

Can't wait to see what other designs he comes up with that aren't Skulls.

Holy crap!  Congrats!  You deserve it.  I know you'll hold it and love it and caress it and use it.  It could also look really interesting with that case I just sent you.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #706 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:28:46 »
^^ I can't make myself go there but I'm assuming all the 'guests' watching things are mostly redditors :p

reddit is so bad, amirite!? We're so much better than them, AMIRITE!?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #707 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:29:23 »
Most of these are probably going to lurkers of every ilk, from here, reddit, etc.

Those people contribute nothing to the community. Zero. You decide for yourself whether that makes them better or worse than forum members who openly (or covertly) flip them for profit.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #708 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:30:40 »

No I just have no clue how to navigate it :p

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #709 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:31:28 »

Right now, I'm not so sure...

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #710 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:44:52 »
I got one, the cool see through face one! Awesome. Not for sale, for my keyboard, will go nicely with my cc and green set which is about to go on my work filco in place of the reliable klaxon. In the meantime it can sit on my retro set at home.

Was very cool to get one I really like the little scrunched up face thing.

Don't think I am a lurker, more a key cap buyer with some posts! Just waiting for my dolce set from redline.

Grand.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #711 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:49:57 »
Back on topic.

I WON!!

I got a GumRot orc monster thing. Pretty awesome. No way I'm selling something this unique.
IIRC ClickClack is a special FX professional right? Makes sense seeing as how cool these things look.

Can't wait to see what other designs he comes up with that aren't Skulls.

Holy crap!  Congrats!  You deserve it.  I know you'll hold it and love it and caress it and use it.  It could also look really interesting with that case I just sent you.

Thank you sirrr. I will be pairing it with Green font PBT dyesubs from imsto (because I didn't have enough $$ at the time of Ivan's GB) and your sick wooden case. I can't wait til it comes together. :D

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #712 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:50:13 »
Most of these are probably going to lurkers of every ilk, from here, reddit, etc.

Those people contribute nothing to the community. Zero. You decide for yourself whether that makes them better or worse than forum members who openly (or covertly) flip them for profit.

I won two. Are you saying I don't deserve them because I only have 10 posts here?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #713 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:51:21 »

I won two. Are you saying I don't deserve them because I only have 10 posts here?

Dude give yourself some credit. You have 11 posts.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #714 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:52:23 »

I think its more because you appear new?

If that makes sense, some people have entered 10 giveaways, I've put my hand in for 5 now got nada, i mean its a lotto, so you got lucky, well you got mega lucky getting 2. It looks as though its your first due to low post count? (CBA check your join date, but you get the gist)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #715 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:56:43 »

Let me ask a question of you, if I may. Why do you not want to interact with other forum members? You joined this forum in July, but only have 11 posts to date.

in memoriam

Offline Blazed

« Reply #716 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:57:49 »

Let me ask a question of you, if I may. Why do you not want to interact with other forum members? You joined this forum in July, but only have 11 posts to date.

Look how people treat eachother over pieces of plastic. Do you really blame him?

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #717 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:59:44 »
I really didn't have much to contribute. My first post was a few pictures of my recently acquired WYSE doubleshots. Previously I just enjoyed reading the content here.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #718 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:01:16 »

Look how people treat eachother over pieces of plastic. Do you really blame him?

Your point is well taken, sir. Believe me.

in memoriam

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #719 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:31:51 »
You know its funny.  The people on here shaming each other for paying the prices for the Clacks, and the shaming of the people who sell them for those prices sound EXACTLY like the people on r/mechanicalkeyboards who cry "geekwhack"

Do we really want to turn in to that?

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #720 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:51:34 »
What is geekwhack?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #721 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:55:21 »
It doesn't take much common sense to figure that one out lol..

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #722 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 17:58:27 »
Hmmm when the drawing ended it said sry you didnt won anything, and couple of hours ago ping 3 mails at the same time...
Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der Gemütlichkeit
Eins, zwei, drei, g'suffa!
guess what I won? :P
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #723 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:01:05 »
What is that cryptic message that CC just posted in 4grabs? Unannounced sale?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #724 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:04:19 »
Hmmm when the drawing ended it said sry you didnt won anything, and couple of hours ago ping 3 mails at the same time...

You won three CCs?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #725 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:12:58 »

You won three CCs?

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's the description they wrote for the Oktoberfest clack.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #726 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:15:13 »
You get 3 emails if you win. One winner email, one invoice and another telling you that you got an invoice. :p
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #727 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:17:02 »

You won three CCs?

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's the description they wrote for the Oktoberfest clack.
Yup got the Cherry MX one
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline elttaboi

« Reply #728 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:19:18 »
That gumrot is amazing. I wonder how much those will go for here on the forums.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #729 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:20:25 »
That gumrot is amazing. I wonder how much those will go for here on the forums.

Too much and most likely will be sold in private. They are pretty sweet though and I'd kill to have one (figuratively, not literally).

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #730 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 18:42:14 »
Now we've seen Gumrot aside from that darkened pic in Gallery. Wonder when the spider looking one will show up. :P
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Kit-Bar

« Reply #731 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:17:44 »
Hey I got the Oktoberfest one! My first clack :D It looks pretty cool! Are these pretty special in terms of clacks or are the skulls really the only sought after clacks?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #732 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:20:12 »
Hey I got the Oktoberfest one! My first clack :D It looks pretty cool! Are these pretty special in terms of clacks or are the skulls really the only sought after clacks?
They are different, not quite as valuable though.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #733 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:22:06 »

Blanks are considered to be in the low tier of clacks, but I think CF has done some really cool stuff with blanks like the Julysicle and Oktoberfest. Just enjoy the artwork in the colors of the clack, think about that beer and popsicle sitting on your Esc :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #734 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 21:22:12 »

The value depends on who you ask, and how desperate they are to own one.

I'd love to have an Oktoberfest, and a Drunken Skull even more!

You don't tend to see a lot of Oktoberfests around, so I'd say they were towards the lower middle end of common.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tbc

« Reply #735 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:32:29 »

Blanks are considered to be in the low tier of clacks, but I think CF has done some really cool stuff with blanks like the Julysicle and Oktoberfest. Just enjoy the artwork in the colors of the clack, think about that beer and popsicle sitting on your Esc :)

you phrased that a little weird, but i'd be very hesitant to call oktoberfest a 'blank' since CC has actually made solid color keycaps.

'layered' would be more apropriate, but I think there was another 'brand name' for them already.  in my head, I divide CC keycaps into:

blanks
bloodsplats
layers
leafs (although I think they're actually called 'toast')
skulls

wingnut/vader/66mhz/etc (these are all ultra rares and i think you just call them by name rather than category lol)

edited because rowdy was giving me the evil red eye....
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:41:53 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #736 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:37:47 »

you phrased that a little weird, but i'd be very hesitant to call oktoberfest a 'blank' since CC has actually made solid color keycaps.

'layered' would be more apropriate, but I think there was another 'brand name' for them already.  in my head, I divide CC keycaps into:

blanks
layers
skulls

What about the wingnut?  Splats?  Donut?  All the others??
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #737 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:41:48 »
leaves come in "toast" and "o' natural" varieties, they look slightly different...

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #738 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 00:38:56 »
What is geekwhack?

Something ripster does at home, in the privacy of his own basement.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 November 2013, 00:48:39 by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #739 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 00:42:04 »

blanks
bloodsplats
layers
skulls

wingnut/vader/66mhz/etc (these are all ultra rares and i think you just call them by name rather than category lol)

The splats are rarer than the vaders.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #740 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 00:50:57 »

blanks
bloodsplats
layers
skulls

The splats are rarer than the vaders.

I don't think I've even seen a splat!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #741 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 00:52:49 »
Saw a splat twice in my life, both photos. One was a long time ago, the other was today

Offline moogle

_
« Reply #742 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 02:11:31 »
_
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 August 2017, 05:28:37 by moogle »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #743 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 02:16:27 »
leaves come in "toast" and "o' natural" varieties, they look slightly different...

i categorize leaves as 420s (for obvious reasons), but i think cc names them sticky(icky)(icky)

Sticky Icky Icky are the bicolor ones.  Sticky are the solid color.  Toast and O'Natural refer to the leaf design on them. 

Offline moogle

_
« Reply #744 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 02:18:59 »
_
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 August 2017, 05:29:05 by moogle »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #745 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:32:13 »
I got my shipping notice just now :)
Hopefully it comes by Saturday?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #746 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:36:07 »

I did too :)

And wait, Americans get mail delivered on Saturdays?  :eek:

Canada Post only mails on Monday-Friday...
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #747 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:37:10 »

And wait, Americans get mail delivered on Saturdays?  :eek:

For now we do......

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #748 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:40:48 »

And wait, Americans get mail delivered on Saturdays?  :o

For now we do......

We still get parcels delivered, just not regular mail.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #749 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:42:11 »

And wait, Americans get mail delivered on Saturdays?  :o

For now we do......

We still get parcels delivered, just not regular mail.

Wait..what!! You guys don't get regular mail on Saturday?