Author Topic: Why no Leopold 660C bluetooth yet? why Leopold?  (Read 29122 times)

Offline donnghia

Why no Leopold 660C bluetooth yet? why Leopold?
« on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 01:46:35 »
Recently as a Festival many FC660m BT (Bluetooth) have been introduced

but not any news about the FC660C Topre Bluetooth...Why Leopold? :eek:

HHKB already have bluetooth for years ago... ! why ?  :'(

Offline lolafineday

Re: Why no Leopold 660C bluetooth yet? why Leopold?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 09:01:28 »
Yeah a bluetooth PCB can be purchased on taobao but ships only mainland China.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 10:26:31 »

Superbuy is the answer.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline donnghia

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 11:05:19 »

really? is it a mod? do you know how long the baterry last? or can you give me the link (if it not broke the rules here, obviously)

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 11:18:42 »

really? is it a mod? do you know how long the baterry last? or can you give me the link (if it not broke the rules here, obviously)
Oh I got confused, it's a hhkb controller for bluetooth. But deskeys is working on it they have a working prototype already.

Offline donnghia

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 21:36:54 »

with all the respect to Hasu, I'm afraid that the baterry won't last long.

the hhkb bt controller of Hasu offer 30hours baterry while official bluetooth HHKB offer 30days ! :(
I

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 15:11:41 »
Any updates on the controller with BT for FC660c ?

Offline kayke

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 16:50:55 »
I just bought a FC660C and was having the same question.
Searching around Taobao, I found a shop https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-1201089627.20.365e7012VBpxf6&id=590236576831 and a post showing success transforming 660C to bluetooth, with 2200mAh battery (claiming to last about a month): https://post.smzdm.com/p/aek839g3/

Unfortunately the Taobao link ships to China only. I bet you can work around it using transfer shipping service. Since my friend is going to China soon I am looking forward to grab one!

Offline djj0817

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 17:25:22 »
I'm a Chinese guy, maybe I could help you guys

Offline Zleader

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 18:41:08 »
So, I've actually just received the above item from TaoBao (China) to the USA using parcel forwarding.  I'm going to do in install and update here in the near future.

Here's a pic of it with battery underneath: https://imgur.com/a/Y2uPbbQ

Offline aparezco

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 11:10:46 »
So, I've actually just received the above item from TaoBao (China) to the USA using parcel forwarding.  I'm going to do in install and update here in the near future.

I'm very interested on your results!

If you are not in China, how did you get the controller and battery from China? Proxy?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 12:48:19 »

I'm very interested on your results!

If you are not in China, how did you get the controller and battery from China? Proxy?

He says he used a package forwarder, Example Superbuy i bought NOS Yellow alps from tao bao using Superbuy.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Kibort

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 05:14:16 »

I am also In the proces of ordering one for my FC660C but it arrived at the superbuy warehouse and I got a picture but it says "FC980" on the controller.
Dit they ship the wrong one or also usable for the FC660C? because I see yours has FC960C on it aswell.

Offline Zleader

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 15:12:42 »
I think that it will still work.  I am testing it tonight - so we will know for sure soon! haha

After closely looking at the pictures on the taobao web store, the pics show the fc980 controller in a fc660.  You can tell by the numbers printed on the PCB.  Also the only visible difference that I can see is a small white female plug for another connection.  That 980 connector is not present on my copy indicating that it might still be compatible.

Again, I will try it tonight and hopefully it works properly.  I will update here with my findings.  I have a Norbauer case for my fc660c that I'm hoping the BT connectivity will pass through the metal.  If it doesn't, I will try it in the plastic case.

Offline Zleader

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 20:17:00 »
On the other side of the PCB it says BLE660C

Image: https://imgur.com/CEa0fT1

Offline Zleader

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 20:02:16 »
Ok, so I've completed the install.  It's really simple, you literally just unplug the stock controller, plug in taobao controller, and plug in the battery.  It's mac compatible btw!  At first when I paired the two, I plugged it in via USB but I think that made it freak out a little bit while the BT pairing was in progress.  After a while of it searching/waiting to connect to my macbook, it worked just fine!  No problems yet with some simple typing tests.  It will even wake up my macbook from sleep mode. No problems with the signal going thru the Norbauer case.  I have a little bit of extra space between the case back and battery so I've just bought an even bigger 10,000mah battery from amazon. 

Here are some images: https://imgur.com/a/pEpWJUG

Overall, very pleased with this mod.  Hopefully, it continues to work for me! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 06:29:14 »
Ok, so I've completed the install.  It's really simple, you literally just unplug the stock controller, plug in taobao controller, and plug in the battery.  It's mac compatible btw!  At first when I paired the two, I plugged it in via USB but I think that made it freak out a little bit while the BT pairing was in progress.  After a while of it searching/waiting to connect to my macbook, it worked just fine!  No problems yet with some simple typing tests.  It will even wake up my macbook from sleep mode. No problems with the signal going thru the Norbauer case.  I have a little bit of extra space between the case back and battery so I've just bought an even bigger 10,000mah battery from amazon. 

Here are some images: https://imgur.com/a/pEpWJUG

Overall, very pleased with this mod.  Hopefully, it continues to work for me! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey this is great news ! I would be interested in 2 controllers, 1 for my fc660 and one for fc980c.

Are they programmable? I have Hasu controllers in both my keyboards

Offline Kibort

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 14:04:29 »
I have a little bit of extra space between the case back and battery so I've just bought an even bigger 10,000mah battery from amazon. 

Would you mind providing a link to that battery? I have my controller on the way but I still need to buy a battery. What size do you have right now?

Offline Mitchis

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:13:54 »
Seriously if Leopold had stock BT I would have bought one when I decided to go back to Topre.

Offline Kibort

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 09:47:31 »
The YDKB online keymap builder only allows me to download the file in a DL.bin file and has a link to download a DL reflash tool.
This is only for windows however. So I won't be able to reflash it on my mac or is there an alternative?

Offline 9mmninjamonkey

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 12:58:11 »
You have to get it into USB-Drive mode and overwrite the .BIN in there. There's instructions in chinese (google translate) on that page.

You keep ESC held down as you plug it in. I just installed mine yesterday and was using it all day wirelessly! I cannibalized a battery from my velocifire tkl71ws (so it's only a 1000mAh) and the board was still at 90% (Documentation only reports by 10%'s to windows, so it's between 90-99%.

Offline deagle

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 14:29:11 »
Looks like these are available here: https://www.chinahao.com/product/590236576831/

I just got this keyboard and with Hasu not shipping to USA right now this mod is tempting. How has it been working since your last post?

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 07:36:45 »
Looks like these are available here: https://www.chinahao.com/product/590236576831/

I just got this keyboard and with Hasu not shipping to USA right now this mod is tempting. How has it been working since your last post?

They work well, but that price on chinahao of 100$ is ridiculous... I paid like 55$

Offline Motherthocker

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 00:41:00 »
I credit Leopold for playing it safe with Bluetooth, honestly. The Topre offerings are higher-end keyboards, and people expect them to work, and work well… And unfortunately, Bluetooth technology is just too bleeding edge to be considered reliable yet. My thinking is that Leopold has already really taken a risk by using Mini USB, which is basically a standard from the future.

Anyway, I’d just be patient. Something tells me Leopold will eventually introduce the Bluetooth compatibility you seek. Maybe in the distant future. Surely by, say, 2018. But until then? Enjoy what they offer… Bluetooth or not, Leopold is the most advanced keyboard available today, in 1985.

Oh my God! I’m late to meet a friend down at the Twin Pines Mall! I promised him I’d video-tape his experiment. Oh, jeez, I gotta run…
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 January 2022, 00:45:07 by Motherthocker »