Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 368917 times)

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

Re: [GB] SKB75 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS)
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 08:45:26 »
Any possibility of getting a bare, unanodized case?

+1

yes, i can arrange that. but you do want the bead blasting, right?

Cool! Bead blasting sounds even better!

How can I specify this in the order form?

The case is bead blasted AND anodized - just like CNC milled cases are. You might not see it well on the pictures, that is because I took them with my phone and also because the bead blasting was not strong/rought enough. This will be different in the final production, so it will look better. I just took some pictures outside, there it gets obvious that the samples are bead blasted. will upload them later this day.

I don't think many will want to get their SKB without the anodizing. So I won't include this as option in the form, just PM me.

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 08:50:56 »
Bead-blasting leaves a more rough looking texture opposed to anodized from what I've seen. I've already placed my order, but if this is a legitimate option without creating additional problems, I imagine this difference would really set this case off well.

Yes, bead blasting makes an evenly textured surface and you can have different strengt of graininess/roughness. This is not a question of anodizing OR bead-blasting, of course it is BOTH: first bead-blasting then anodizing.
This information can be found right at the top of the starting post in the section "Features", there it say "case finish: bead blasted and anodized, black"

;)

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 08:54:09 »
I don't know about google forms, but recently joined a GB with an order list and I found it very useful.
Sorry for the confusion, my username is 'online'. :)

Anyway, I'm happy as long as I'm in. :)

:))

AAAAh, OKAY!
YES, I just checked, your order is in!

And yes, I will update the start post with an order list soon.

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 08:58:04 »
There's no 75RE layout option on the form until now

Should I make my own custom plate instead?  :D

But NOW there is  ;D
just added the ortholinear option to the form. If you have placed your order already but want the ortholinear plate instead or added, then please PM me. I will update this information in the start post soon and bring ortholinear renders as well.

Offline kim-kim

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 09:31:45 »
There's no 75RE layout option on the form until now

Should I make my own custom plate instead?  :D

But NOW there is  ;D
just added the ortholinear option to the form. If you have placed your order already but want the ortholinear plate instead or added, then please PM me. I will update this information in the start post soon and bring ortholinear renders as well.

That's what I waiting for!

Done filling form \  ;D  /

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 10:09:58 »
Would you mind checking if I'm in the group buy? My username is 'BerserkZz' and I ordered 2 different cases. Thank you.

Offline online

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 10:25:02 »
I don't know about google forms, but recently joined a GB with an order list and I found it very useful.
Sorry for the confusion, my username is 'online'. :)

Anyway, I'm happy as long as I'm in. :)

:))

AAAAh, OKAY!
YES, I just checked, your order is in!

And yes, I will update the start post with an order list soon.

Nice.Thanks for the confirmation.

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 10:46:56 »
Would you mind checking if I'm in the group buy? My username is 'BerserkZz' and I ordered 2 different cases. Thank you.

yes, you are in, WKL and HHKB.
I'll put up the order list soon in the opening post.

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 11:58:51 »

yes, you are in, WKL and HHKB.
I'll put up the order list soon in the opening post.

Thanks a lot!

Re: [GB] SKB75 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR)
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 13:01:25 »
also new, if you want a YAS version and don't have a PCB from the GB or the extra sale jet, then you might get a chance to get it combined with the SKB. If at least 10 want it, silentreader will send me the PCBs and I will bundle it for you. less then 10 wouldn't make sense, in that case you can still get the PCB directly from silentreader.

PM me if you would like to get the YAS PCB with the SKB combined from me.

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 13:06:46 »
here are new pictures. outdoor lighting helps to get much nicer pictures, i think :)

SKB outdoors

Offline TyrionLannister

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 19:58:20 »
also new, if you want a YAS version and don't have a PCB from the GB or the extra sale jet, then you might get a chance to get it combined with the SKB. If at least 10 want it, silentreader will send me the PCBs and I will bundle it for you. less then 10 wouldn't make sense, in that case you can still get the PCB directly from silentreader.

PM me if you would like to get the YAS PCB with the SKB combined from me.

I’d be in for this. Was just about to buy it separately, but this would be very helpful.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 00:53:05 »
the HHKB one has grown on me the last few days, might see if i can muster cash for it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 14:55:21 »
UPDATE regarding YAS-PCB:

sorry for the back and forth regarding the YAS-PCB. We now decided that I will get a shipment of YAS-PCBs so all who want the SKB60-YAS but don't have a YAS-PCB jet can get it from me together. The price is 37 Euro for one YAS-PCB.

I added the option to the order form.

If you have filled out the form already and want the PCB as well, please PM me and I will delete your order so you can fill out the form again and add the PCB this time.

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 15:07:19 »
oh and sorry i didn't do the order list jet. please give me time till the weekend, then i have more time to deal with exel :(

but short: we are past 70 already.

Offline matthmattix

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 19:31:38 »
In for the YAS+PCB. Great design! Thanks for this GB!

Offline Electrum

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 20:33:27 »
Joined for a 75 :) Can't wait!

Offline whytwokay

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 18:33:30 »
Are there any prototypes or renders for what the 75% will look like? I can find pictures of the plate/layouts, but I wasn't able to find a built model in this or the IC thread!

The pictures of the case I've seen so far look great!!  :thumb:

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 18:39:04 »
Are there any prototypes or renders for what the 75% will look like? I can find pictures of the plate/layouts, but I wasn't able to find a built model in this or the IC thread!

The pictures of the case I've seen so far look great!!  :thumb:

No sample was ordered for the 75%. Decision was explained by OP back in the IC that it basically came down to cost, so he got 5 samples of the 60% case made, with a couple of different tops. 75% would have been cost prohibitive to do a prototype for.

Edit: Didn't realize the GB post was modified/updated and some of the images changed. FWIW, this is the gallery I have that I used to (unofficially) cross-post the GB over on the reddit, which has images pulled from IC: GALLERY
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 April 2018, 19:34:20 by Zuology »
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 04:48:19 »
No sample was ordered for the 75%. Decision was explained by OP back in the IC that it basically came down to cost, so he got 5 samples of the 60% case made, with a couple of different tops. 75% would have been cost prohibitive to do a prototype for.

Edit: Didn't realize the GB post was modified/updated and some of the images changed. FWIW, this is the gallery I have that I used to (unofficially) cross-post the GB over on the reddit, which has images pulled from IC: GALLERY

thank you very much for posting this. I just now realize, that I still haven't linked to the renderings of the versions I don't have a sample of.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 April 2018, 04:49:55 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Zuology

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 11:52:23 »

thank you very much for posting this. I just now realize, that I still haven't linked to the renderings of the versions I don't have a sample of.

Do you still intend on cross-listing this GB officially over on R/MK and R/mechmarket? I recall you saying you wanted to wait for higher quality images and typing sounds video, which it looks like you have all set now. I'm happy to help and put up another unofficial updated GB post to followup on the first round of posts I did over there.

I don't know if the close date for this GB is hard set, but it would be great to get most orders for lowest price breaks, and the extra exposure over there could be helpful, especially with the new XD75 ortho plate you added (XD75 has trended pretty well over there, so I'm sure it would lure a couple more at least).
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 15:01:47 »
Do you still intend on cross-listing this GB officially over on R/MK and R/mechmarket? I recall you saying you wanted to wait for higher quality images and typing sounds video, which it looks like you have all set now. I'm happy to help and put up another unofficial updated GB post to followup on the first round of posts I did over there.

I don't know if the close date for this GB is hard set, but it would be great to get most orders for lowest price breaks, and the extra exposure over there could be helpful, especially with the new XD75 ortho plate you added (XD75 has trended pretty well over there, so I'm sure it would lure a couple more at least).

Yes, you recall that right and I still intend to make an official R/MK post. A few reasons why I still didn't.
Let me explain.
The powedercoating on the plates of the samples was much too thick and the bead blasting was kind of sloppy (some spots not really blasted). My contact at the firm was on holiday so I couldn't clear that out right away. This is no big deal, but before I collect any money from you I want to make sure that this will not happen in the  final production.
Also I had some requests via PM for a 65% version. As many of you know this was ruled out during IC phase. 60% and 75% had just more votes, though 65% had much as well. For me the biggest reason against 65% was that at the time 65% PCBs alone were hard to get. This has changed a bit since. Now you can get them from Sentraq, Keyclack and KBDfans. So maybe I'm preparing to add this option as well (just adding the option is of course no guarantee it will happen since a minimum of 20 orders would be required).
Also I don't want to add another stack of renderings. I will make just one or two where all the versions join happily together, something like a nice family picture. And I still need more time for that.

So in short, I'm still working to insure quality, maybe add another version, last nice rendering. When that is done - then I will do R/MK to give it a last push.

Until then I'm totally comfortable if this GB goes a bit unnoticed - the numbers are already better then expected.

This also means, that the payment phase will have to be pushed back by two weeks I think (so not starting before mid-may).
I hope you're all fine with that.

Offline TyrionLannister

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 15:56:16 »
Oh, a 65% would be perfect. I'd most likely order one. But, that would put me a 3 cases, so I may need to rethink things.

Just make sure it can fit the Tada68 PCB and other 65% USB locations.

However 65% and 75% are super popular at r/mk so you should definitely crosspost it asap!

Offline Zuology

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 20 April 2018, 19:02:39 »

Yes, you recall that right and I still intend to make an official R/MK post. A few reasons why I still didn't.
Let me explain.
The powedercoating on the plates of the samples was much too thick and the bead blasting was kind of sloppy (some spots not really blasted). My contact at the firm was on holiday so I couldn't clear that out right away. This is no big deal, but before I collect any money from you I want to make sure that this will not happen in the  final production.
Also I had some requests via PM for a 65% version. As many of you know this was ruled out during IC phase. 60% and 75% had just more votes, though 65% had much as well. For me the biggest reason against 65% was that at the time 65% PCBs alone were hard to get. This has changed a bit since. Now you can get them from Sentraq, Keyclack and KBDfans. So maybe I'm preparing to add this option as well (just adding the option is of course no guarantee it will happen since a minimum of 20 orders would be required).
Also I don't want to add another stack of renderings. I will make just one or two where all the versions join happily together, something like a nice family picture. And I still need more time for that.

So in short, I'm still working to insure quality, maybe add another version, last nice rendering. When that is done - then I will do R/MK to give it a last push.

Until then I'm totally comfortable if this GB goes a bit unnoticed - the numbers are already better then expected.

This also means, that the payment phase will have to be pushed back by two weeks I think (so not starting before mid-may).

Thanks for the update - quite happy to wait and not rush things to ensure things are as best as possible, and if you are adding onto the GB options that is well worth it. Are there any versions of cases or plates that are still below MOQ or look like they will struggle to be made? I'm specifically wondering about the 75%, which I am in for. I would presume that all of the 60% layouts would have hit MOQ easily, given the popularity of the size.
More

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 00:44:18 »

Hmm I had money stored for this GB. My next paycheck arrives around 20th of May, will the payment phase bend enough for the 20th so I can rearrange financials a little?

No worries on delaying anyway, would rather wait a month longer for a quality product. :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 06:41:35 »
Thanks for the update - quite happy to wait and not rush things to ensure things are as best as possible, and if you are adding onto the GB options that is well worth it. Are there any versions of cases or plates that are still below MOQ or look like they will struggle to be made? I'm specifically wondering about the 75%, which I am in for. I would presume that all of the 60% layouts would have hit MOQ easily, given the popularity of the size.

Only the ortholinear version at 6 hasn't reached MOQ jet. All the other versions have and the numbers are surprisingly distributed quite evenly among all the different 60% version. 75% is by far the most popular version at exactly 30 orders right now.

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 06:42:53 »

Hmm I had money stored for this GB. My next paycheck arrives around 20th of May, will the payment phase bend enough for the 20th so I can rearrange financials a little?

No worries on delaying anyway, would rather wait a month longer for a quality product. :)

Yes, you are right, it makes sense to have the payment phase around the end/beginning of a month. So I guess it will have to be around the end of may.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 14:09:14 »

Yes, you are right, it makes sense to have the payment phase around the end/beginning of a month. So I guess it will have to be around the end of may.
If you can make that happen I would love it. Of course, if more people prefer a mid-May payment then you should go with that instead. :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 17:05:49 »

So what is the current order number on 60%?

Offline MajorclaM

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 19:49:24 »
Is the finish anodized, painted, or powdercoated?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 20:55:06 »

says anodized right in the OP
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 03:46:12 »

says anodized right in the OP

yes, the case is made of aluminium. first bead-blasted, then anodized - just like most other custom cases.
the plate is steel, not aluminium, therefore anodizing was not a choice. the plate is powdercoated.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 14:52:50 »
Oh cool. If payment is towards end of May I might be up for one of these HHKBs.  Especially if you're hitting the lower pricepoints by then. I keep feeling like I'm gonna regret missing out on this...

Offline thokir

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:37:07 »

I keep feeling like I'm gonna regret missing out on this...

you will regret it, for sure : )

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 17:21:00 »
really like this but might not be able to get over the exposed screws... decisions decisions.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 17:23:15 »
really like this but might not be able to get over the exposed screws... decisions decisions.

You can do it, just lift your thumb up a little. Just a little bit.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 18:01:31 »

I just want to mention that the final case specs include low-profile flathead screws as well as the rounded buttonhead screws, since many people are looking at specific pictures and renders that only show the button-head screws or the older high-profile flathead screws. If you have used other keyboard case designs with a moderate bezel before, your hands rarely ever rest directly on the bezel and make contact with those screws, at least IME. I rest my fingers on the keycaps at most, not the frame/bezel.
More

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 19:44:23 »
Thanks for the clarification on that. I like the bezel size it’s the screw height that bothers me aesthetically so I’m definitely leaning towards this now rather than another KBD75.. I need to find homes for my extra key sets and and try and take some sort of retirement from this hobby for a while ;)

Is there any option for an aluminum plate? I only ask because I kind of like the bounciness w/ tactile switches.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Zuology

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 09:01:20 »
Is there any option for an aluminum plate? I only ask because I kind of like the bounciness w/ tactile switches.

Powdercoated steel plate, as described by PlastikSchnittstelle. IDK if he'd be willing to share specs for the plates so you could have your own cut to order independently.
More

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 11:00:53 »
Thanks for the clarification on that. I like the bezel size it’s the screw height that bothers me aesthetically so I’m definitely leaning towards this now rather than another KBD75.. I need to find homes for my extra key sets and and try and take some sort of retirement from this hobby for a while ;)

I totally understand, that some might not like the exposed screws. As you say - your decision. No hurry btw :)

I learned to love them the way they pierce through the thick metal. Why it became that way is because achieving a proper top-mount construction was the main goal. Had I chosen some kind of way that would have needed threads in the aluminium, the whole thing wouldn't have been very future proof. Aluminium isn't a very strong metal and if you screw in a screw the wrong way and accidentally damage the thread - then the whole case would be garbage. The way it is designed, there are no threads in the case that could break. If a screw, standoff or nut ever goes broke - no problem, just take a new one. This thing is built to last for ever!

To me, with the exposed screws and the overlapping bends the whole construction looks self-explanatory and honest in some kind of way.

Regarding the screws I also wrote a bit back in the IC:

How do the screws feel btw? I showed this to my girlfriend and she brought up the point that they might be uncomfortable.

Good point, I was curious to find out about this. I don't feel the screws at all. When typing you don't come in contact with the frame/bezel anyway, that doesn't happen with any keyboard (at least not when I type). Then there are the situations when you don't type and your fingers rest on the keyboard. Mostly my fingers rest on the keys itself so in this case I don't feel the screws either. Sometimes my fingers wander around the key area and on the bezel/frame and then of course I do feel the screws but not in an obtrusive kind of way. They immediately become a part of the whole body and my fingers instinctively use them as kind of orientation points somewhat like the bumps on the F and J keys.

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 11:15:04 »

Powdercoated steel plate, as described by PlastikSchnittstelle. IDK if he'd be willing to share specs for the plates so you could have your own cut to order independently.

Yes, Steel only.
Bringing even more different versions/parts like an aluminium-plate would make it totally impossible to achieve lower prices.
But as I said before, I will share the plate data, once it is sure everything is 100% set.

There might be a better solution to powdercoating. Though it might not seem that way, I'm very busy regarding the GB and details. The powdercoating for example is something I'm not happy with, so exploring some other possibilities at the moment. For sure it will be black. All takes time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 April 2018, 11:18:05 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline FSund

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 07:37:48 »

Will you be extending the GB phase, to allow orders for 65% to come in? Isn't it supposed to end tomorrow? I was going to order a 60%, but if 65% is coming I'd rather wait for that.

EDIT: I see you already extended the GB to 2018.05.20, my bad :thumb:
Think I will wait until the 65% option is available then.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 13:07:27 »
****it, price is good, and I bet it'll look cool with some custom screws to match whatever set I use. Filled a form for HHKB version, praying for 100 MOQ.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 14:45:09 »
looks amazing. one question, is there an option for the YAS62 PCB to have USB type C ?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 14:50:23 »
looks amazing. one question, is there an option for the YAS62 PCB to have USB type C ?
YAS62 didn't support USB Type C.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 14:57:22 »

This GB is only responsible for the case/plate hardware, and PCBs are BYO (bring your own). The YAS PCBs he is offering are direct from their creator, just as a way to bundle it for convenience, since OP is a fan of the project. So in short, no, since the YAS PCB does not have USB-C connector. You can always utilize a micro-USB to USB-C connector.

Edit: Silentreader already posted - listen to him :)
More

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 15:34:08 »
just to clarify - you have the option to get the YAS-PCB from me together with the case. silentreader will send the necessary amount of PCBs to me so everyone who wants both can save quite a lot on shipping cost.

sorry that wasn't clear from the start of the GB, we only worked that out later and the option got added later to the form.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 18:07:24 »
Does the 60% version support USB C?

Just shopping around for PCBs, couldn't find anything about that in this thread.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 18:32:26 »
Any of the popular PCBs with the USB port on the left side will fit.

PCBs need to have USB port on left side, type irrelevant as long as it fits into the top left cutout window. Unsure if there's a limitation to if the port is top or bottom of PCB. I think back in the IC thread he says the cutout is fairly large to compensate for the different "popular" PCBs. The port cutout is directly under the top left corner screw, for reference if you want to math out the dimensions. These pics show it somewhat clearly.

« Last Edit: Wed, 25 April 2018, 18:34:02 by Zuology »
More

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 19:42:06 »
Any of the popular PCBs with the USB port on the left side will fit.

PCBs need to have USB port on left side, type irrelevant as long as it fits into the top left cutout window. Unsure if there's a limitation to if the port is top or bottom of PCB. I think back in the IC thread he says the cutout is fairly large to compensate for the different "popular" PCBs. The port cutout is directly under the top left corner screw, for reference if you want to math out the dimensions. These pics show it somewhat clearly.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm aware of that, I just need the dimensions of the USB cutout. USB C requires a wider cutout than miniUSB B. I can figure the rest out if I know how big the cutout is, since most USB port differences are on the Z axis rather than X or Y in my experience.

At first glance, it looks like it should work, though.

Also, I've filled a new form, please disregard my first one (I swapped from HHKB to WKL)
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 April 2018, 19:48:51 by Puddsy »