Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 360916 times)

Offline intelli78

[GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:43:53 »
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/triumph-adler-gmk-keyset/?mode=guest_open

What's special about this set?
  • It's gorgeous
  • <10 original sets are known to exist
  • Made on the same machinery that made the originals
  • Layout will cover nearly any keyboard out there
  • Includes ISO keys
  • Dope teal spacebars
  • First time a GMK set has ever had a custom color, let alone 3
  • Lowest price EVER on a GMK set!

More info in IC thread here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65724.0

User Vax has offered to proxy orders for Germans who want to save money with shared shipping.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 14:48:48 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:45:22 »
<3

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:48:02 »

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:49:25 »
I just got my order in. I'm super excited. Great work Intelli!
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:53:22 by inanis »
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Den441

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:52:02 »
Grats, intelli on making this such a success. I can think of several occasions over the years here on GH where TA keysets have failed because of logistical issues, but you took it upon yourself to get it done. I'm in. We will have a lot more TA fans out there now thanks to this set!
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:54:22 by Den441 »
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:52:33 »
Since you locked the IC thread, I guess I'll ask here. When did this get A-profile bottom row keys? I guess I need to read more carefully next time.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:54:06 »
Everyone commit to this GB right now. Let's just get 500 commits today.  :thumb:

Offline intelli78

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:54:31 »
Since you locked the IC thread, I guess I'll ask here. When did this get A-profile bottom row keys? I guess I need to read more carefully next time.

Since the second render or so, a long time ago... inspired by the AEG Olympia, so that winkey setups are mixed and winkeyless setups can be full A-profile

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2946/15301853109_1a0cc99c7a_h.jpg

Show Image

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:54:38 »
I joined  ;D

Offline vax

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:55:27 »
Germans: Contact me for shared shipping.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:57:28 »
Oh, I just wanted to ask how shipping was sorted out for Germany. So ultimately it goes through Massdrop in the US?

Offline vax

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 15:59:55 »
Oh, I just wanted to ask how shipping was sorted out for Germany. So ultimately it goes through Massdrop in the US?

Yeah sadly it goes to the US and will be re-imported. Intelli spoke to the Massdrop guys so they tag the shipment correctly so German Zoll knows it's a re-import to not get charged twice.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:03:01 »
Yeah sadly it goes to the US and will be re-imported. Intelli spoke to the Massdrop guys so they tag the shipment correctly so German Zoll knows it's a re-import to not get charged twice.

No! I did speak to them, but they do NOT pay VAT when they buy the set. That is up to European buyers. Nobody is getting charged twice, but there's no way around paying taxes.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:03:53 »

What about custom fees? I guess a big parcel is more likely to be inspected than an inconspicious small one ;)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:04:05 »
by the way, is it too optimistic to set the order time to just 12 days? Even smaller keyset GB took more than that if I remember right

//order put in soon
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline vax

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:04:41 »

No! I did speak to them, but they do NOT pay VAT when they buy the set. That is up to European buyers. Nobody is getting charged twice, but there's no way around paying taxes.

Allright, so we basically have to pay the 19% tax but no customs because Keyboard stuff is 0% in DE.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:05:27 »
by the way, is it too optimistic to set the order time to just 12 days? Even smaller keyset GB took more than that if I remember right

//order put in soon
I am sure if they feel the need to they will extend it. And shouldn't this be posted on some other forums as well, maybe some of the korean forums?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:06:30 »

//order put in soon
I am sure if they feel the need to they will extend it. And shouldn't this be posted on some other forums as well, maybe some of the korean forums?

Absolutely on both counts. Who can help with posting on Korean (and Chinese, Vietnamese, etc) forums?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:07:38 »

//order put in soon

Absolutely on both counts. Who can help with posting on Korean (and Chinese, Vietnamese, etc) forums?
I would try and help with OTD, but I have no clue how to browse it, I only post in the attendance threads and whenever you post a thread. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I think billnye also goes on OTD.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:09:24 »

//order put in soon

share it already with some of my Vietnam pal, pretty sure there'll be a small GB there as usual, hope the Chinese and Korean hops in soon, they always have large order in things like this
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:09:50 »
I will post it on OTD. Just let me know what you want written and I'll get it translated + post it.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:11:01 »

//order put in soon

share it already with some of my Vietnam pal, pretty sure there'll be a small GB there as usual, hope the Chinese and Korean hops in soon, they always has large order in things like this
I am hoping to order a few more sets as well, hopefully 1 more.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:11:11 »
I will post it on OTD. Just let me know what you want written and I'll get it translated + post it.

I don't think we need to post much other than the link and render... I trust they'll figure out the rest  :cool:

Edit: The only thing might be a note about the color matching...
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:20:11 by intelli78 »

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:19:33 »

I don't think we need to post much other than the link and render... I trust they'll figure out the rest  :cool:

A keyset this beautiful doesn't need words.  :cool:

Offline Keyzus

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:27:02 »
Lets get this party started people!

I'm the first to join, so the line starts behind me!  :p

If you haven't signed up for Massdrop yet then use this link;
https://www.massdrop.com/r/DPU8G6

95053-0

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:29:10 »
Committed.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:29:38 »
Did Massdrop somehow get the MOQ lowered? I thought it was going to be 500 but on the MD page it's 125.
Is that a misprint?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:30:14 »
Did Massdrop somehow get the MOQ lowered? I thought it was going to be 500 but on the MD page it's 125.
Is that a misprint?

Just the way their system works, we do need 500

Offline vax

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:33:41 »
Why are the 1.25U mods in B-profile, with the arrows and numpad bottom row in A profile? That's just going to look a bit weird.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:35:35 »
Why are the 1.25U mods in B-profile, with the arrows and numpad bottom row in A profile? That's just going to look a bit weird.
I agree.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline intelli78

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:38:53 »
It's going to look just fine. Example: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2946/15301853109_1a0cc99c7a_h.jpg

It's so winkeyless boards can be full-A profile bottom row.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:44:04 »
Offline drewba

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:48:16 »
After much deliberation (about 13 seconds), I'm in! Thanks for all your work on this intelli

Offline 01111000

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:49:15 »
Joined.  Just need a cheap board to put it on.
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:49:56 »
It would be better if all the bottom row keys were in the same profile. But I guess they don't make 1.25 mods in A-profile. For the OCD, this is the death of a keyset. Unless you are using these on a winkeyless board, it's not gonna look right. But there are probably 500 buyers who aren't concerned with mixed profiles, right?

I have some winkeyless keyboards, of course, but I'm just not a fan of A-profile at all. :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:52:24 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline intelli78

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:57:09 »
It would be better if all the bottom row keys were in the same profile. But I guess they don't make 1.25 mods in A-profile. For the OCD, this is the death of a keyset. Unless you are using these on a winkeyless board, it's not gonna look right. But there are probably 500 buyers who aren't concerned with mixed profiles, right?

I have some winkeyless keyboards, of course, but I'm just not a fan of A-profile at all. :(

Sorry, as you know, can't please everyone. Would have used R5 1.25x keys if they existed. Not sure how anyone can seriously think this ruins the set, though. There are so many amazing things about it, nothing in this world is perfect, just can't understand this mentality. Same with those who threaten not to buy over the wrong winkey, etc. But it's a free country, do what makes you happiest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 16:59:42 »
73rd participant.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:00:11 »

Sorry, as you know, can't please everyone. Would have used R5 1.25x keys if they existed. Not sure how anyone can seriously think this ruins the set, though. There are so many amazing things about it, nothing in this world is perfect, just can't understand this mentality. Same with those who threaten not to buy over the wrong winkey, etc. But it's a free country, do what makes you happiest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It can be a serious concern for people using 1.25 mods with a compressed layout like MX-Mini and Lightsaver.  And of course, for everyone else who might just be bugged by it.  :P

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:01:20 »
Didn't get any serious replies to my comment on MD... looks like I'll have to back out of the gb

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:09:20 »
#72 participant here, we'll see if I can swing for one more before the order window closes.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:09:48 »
#72 participant here, we'll see if I can swing for one more before the order window closes.
I have you beat, #15

Offline intelli78

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:10:22 »
It can be a serious concern for people using 1.25 mods with a compressed layout like MX-Mini and Lightsaver.  And of course, for everyone else who might just be bugged by it.  :P

Fair enough, but to me it all comes down to compromise. I personally gave up things I wanted in this set, too. For example, I hate Win 7 and Win 8 logos but I used Win 7 to compromise. I didn't throw my hands up and rage quit the GB because of it - so I guess I don't have much sympathy for any buyers who want to do that. Of course, no one is being forced to buy, if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work, but I'm just not sure what is the point of fostering negativity at this point. Did my best to make this a flexible set while not letting it get bloated - the #1 killer of s GBs, and my best is all I can do.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:12:48 »

Fair enough, but to me it all comes down to compromise. I personally gave up things I wanted in this set, too. For example, I hate Win 7 and Win 8 logos but I used Win 7 to compromise. I didn't throw my hands up and rage quit the GB because of it - so I guess I don't have much sympathy for any buyers who want to do that. Of course, no one is being forced to buy, if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work, but I'm just not sure what is the point of fostering negativity at this point. Did my best to make this a flexible set while not letting it get bloated - the #1 killer of s GBs, and my best is all I can do.

I completely agree, and I respect all of the decisions you've made here.  I am personally buying multiple sets, and am taking a few compromises myself (as are most other people, which is fine).  I was just describing a scenario where the decision in question doesn't have quite as minor an impact as you showed.   :thumb:   That's all.  :)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:14:34 »
I have you beat, #15

I just found out about it going live a little later. I'm sure nobody spent less time than me thinking about it once it went live.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:17:53 »
I have you beat, #15

I just found out about it going live a little later. I'm sure nobody spent less time than me thinking about it once it went live.
Yeah, I only committed at this point.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:22:14 »
I have you beat, #15

Yeah, I only committed at this point.

Same, #70.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:28:46 »
It's only $15 guys. Don't commit, just buy.

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:28:58 »
The fact that this buy already has nearly 80 committed orders seems like a good sign. I'm anxious to see what happens over the next few days.

So since an original TA board to put these on is out of the question, what would be the closest currently-available board to match its shape and color? This set just belongs on a board with an oldschool wide bezel.

My boards:
More

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:30:29 »
The fact that this buy already has nearly 80 committed orders seems like a good sign. I'm anxious to see what happens over the next few days.

So since an original TA board to put these on is out of the question, what would be the closest currently-available board to match its shape and color? This set just belongs on a board with an oldschool wide bezel.
Almost any older G80 keyboard

Offline anderssb

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:31:22 »
Joined as soon as I noticed it was open. I'm really looking forward to the first custom-color GMK keyset, in these beautiful colors!  :thumb: