Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 281540 times)

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Coming to Massdrop this year, Kits soft-locked 02.02.2017)
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 04:01:52 »
Exactly.  It's maybe too many caps to piggyback into the git mods.  I dunno personally I don't think a git sdk would have a problem making MOQ but I don't really have a lot of experience with keyset gb's so /shrug but it would certainly be the cherry on top of this set for me though if it had it  :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Coming to Massdrop this year, Kits soft-locked 02.02.2017)
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 20:55:17 »
Gotta bridge the waiting time, so here are some more renders! Last one, Hagoromo alphas with Monochrome modifiers (also available in specialties form now for those that missed the recent update) looks mighty fine IMO. Keyboard in question is the Mech27-TKL https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81351.0

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 00:18:39 »
this set is the R6 killer

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #353 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 10:08:18 »

Any chance of a quarry coloured ISO option for enter and left shift?

You mean monochrome? Sadly I abandoned that idea because additional ISO enter keys are just so god damn pricey. I'm afraid Git and Monochrome legends are exclusive to the regular modifiers sans Colevrak because there it was very cheap to support and having a Git theme going that isn't supported by the Colevrak kit seemed absurd.

I'll have to evaluate this on the last days before the drop when I get the final pricing.

It's a challenging decision to make.  The grey/white colours in the set look really good but at the moment ISO cannot have a 100% monochrome board.  After Dasher/Dancer Massdrop pushed ahead and ran all the child deals which is great, but I can see that deciding where to put different colours enter/left shift keys is very hard to make.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 February 2017, 10:10:00 by My_Thoughts »

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #354 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 14:04:44 »
Very nice, particularly the chalk with subtly coloured mods.
Still sculpted SA?
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #355 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 22:37:31 »
These look glorious. As a fellow programmer, your color ways are hitting all of the right spots for my themes. I primarily use Atom with the One Dark theme and syntax and IntelliJ/Android Studio with the Darcula theme. If these become a thing, I'd have to restrain myself from ordering a set with white alphas and a set with the dark alphas (one for each of my TKL boards). Absolutely in love with the design, great job!

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 17:16:39 »
I'd have to restrain myself from ordering a set with white alphas and a set with the dark alphas...
I have already given up on restraining myself from doing this. One for my Let's Split and one for my Ultimate Hacking Keyboard.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 17:30:38 »
I'd have to restrain myself from ordering a set with white alphas and a set with the dark alphas...
I have already given up on restraining myself from doing this. One for my Let's Split and one for my Ultimate Hacking Keyboard.

Let's Split. That's an interesting term in this scenario. On one hand, it refers to a keyboard. On the other hand, it is eerily similar to what I expect to hear from my girlfriend if and when she learns I do this.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #358 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 20:13:05 »
Alright guys. Kit's are now super-soft-locked.

Hah, good one.

Lets try this again:

Made an update at https://oblotzky.github.io/Oblivion/

- TKL kit has been removed and merged into each modifier kit. Simultaneously I removed duplicate function row keys, so instead of having 12 from alphas and 12 from TKL, you will now have 1-4 and 9-12 from Alphas and 5-8 from Modifiers, so only the Sandwich mode as I call it is possible now in the functions row.
- Shaved down some more on costs and ditched the WIN keys. Praise CODE. On the Git kit this meant removing the second pair of MERGE & BRANCH keys, had those duplicated before to reflect CTRL & ALT. The same goes for the right PUSH (Shift) which is now REBASE. A Git specialties kit has been added.
- ISO has been changed to allow for all three modifier themes.
Overall I expect this to increase ISO sales to ensure MOQ of the International kits. ISO Enter and Shift are available in the three variants, and then you just add UK or International and you are set while not having any duplicate ISO Enter keys which are very pricey (5$ a pop or so).
- No more Quarry Alphas name, opted for what was right in front of me the whole time: Oblivion Alphas (and as such Oblivion Numpad, Oblivion Colevrak and Oblivion International)

Once more: The only changes I intend to do at this point are adding more labels to Ergodox (probably only the horizontal 1.5u modifiers), and I'm going to ask permission to use a logo to be included as the 5th key in the Communities kit in purple color. Stay tuned for what that turns out to be should I get a yes.

I will be focusing on another project for now while I let this version sink in.

Very nice, particularly the chalk with subtly coloured mods.
Still sculpted SA?

Yes, this set will be SA 1-1-2-3-4-3
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 20:46:12 by Oblotzky »

Offline neon_tom

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Coming to Massdrop this year, Kits soft-locked 14.02.2017)
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 20:45:13 »
This is really shaping up to be one of my more anticipated upcoming sets

Offline drakeonyou

• facebook
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Coming to Massdrop this year, Kits soft-locked 14.02.2017)
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 23:06:50 »
I need a lot to cover my pok3r, planck and shortcut split keyboard.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 02:11:44 »
I can't even believe that I'm considering picking up both Oblivion and Hagoromo sets because I could put Oblviion on my Novatouch and Hagamoro on my soon-to-be-MXed HHKB (there's a 3D printed 6u SA topre spacebar I could get in white that would match close enough).  I mean I can in a vacuum, but not considering I'm already in on buys for I think 4-5 other sets (including R2 Penumbra).  This hobby is murderous.  I guess on the bright side, resale value for stuff is pretty good if not great so I could always sell some sets and not be out much.  Not that I will.

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 02:32:26 »
Git Specialties!!  Best news all day.  Love the additional git keys like log, clean and diff!

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #363 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 16:28:12 »
THANK YOU for Quarry/Monochroming ISO. I am DEFINITELY in on this. Big love for the Insert/Del/Home/End support for a 65% layout, too! I just want a drop date now!

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #364 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 18:17:47 »
Since we are still in waiting time, can I request a render with HHKB and FC980M? Preferably with Haragomo and Git

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #365 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 18:48:33 »
I just now realized that this is really going to be a thing when Massdrop gets a production slot as you mentioned.

I'm beginning to console my wallet. I'm in love with this set in ways I can't explain. Beautiful, beautiful work.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #366 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 18:57:25 »
Gotta bridge the waiting time, so here are some more renders!

Show Image

This Key-set actually looks like Dolch on STEROIDS, Schwarzenegger would be proud of these.

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 02:31:31 »
So you could say this is the Dolch Lundgren of key sets! :D

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:46:24 »
possible to add a R2 150 backspace as an alternative to the R2 150 delete key in specialties?
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 February 2017, 13:46:08 by m3ll3n »

Offline yuppie

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 10:30:54 »
Any chance of doing these in DSA or XDA? Or any other profile? Love this btw.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #370 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:23:40 »
possible to add a R2 150 backspace as an alternative to the R2 150 delete key in specialties?
Nope, I can't accomodate every last special snowflake request, sorry!

Any chance of doing these in DSA or XDA? Or any other profile? Love this btw.

I want to do GMK after SA has wrapped up, and while I personally don't have any love for DSA, I wouldn't object to it, but who knows what date it will be when I'll start working on that.

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 19:34:01 »

It's not just for me, it's for everyone with hhkb layout, most people use that key as backspace and not delete

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 21:04:44 »

It's not just for me, it's for everyone with hhkb layout, most people use that key as backspace and not delete

You could get the "REVERT" key from the GIT Specialties instead, though it certainly seems that more people would demand an R2 1.5 BS over an R2 1.5 DEL. Was there a specific reason Delete was chosen  over Backspace for specialties? Most special mods packages have 1.5 Backspace.

Offline NotTheVacuum

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 07:26:17 »

You could get the "REVERT" key from the GIT Specialties instead, though it certainly seems that more people would demand an R2 1.5 BS over an R2 1.5 DEL. Was there a specific reason Delete was chosen  over Backspace for specialties? Most special mods packages have 1.5 Backspace.

Relevant to my interest, I'm thinking about an HHKB with MX sliders and this set is on my radar - would I need the base kit + modifiers + the specialty modifiers? The result would be a DEL key instead of BS (as a Mac users, this is actually more natural to me)?

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:17:42 »

Relevant to my interest, I'm thinking about an HHKB with MX sliders and this set is on my radar - would I need the base kit + modifiers + the specialty modifiers? The result would be a DEL key instead of BS (as a Mac users, this is actually more natural to me)?

If you're a Mac user, I don't think you would want an R2 1.5 Delete.

As a Mac user to mirror on a normal keyboard, you would need a R1 Delete as it replaces the standard R1 backspace, not the R2 backslash.  The only difference is that on a Macbook Pro Retina (mine atleast), the Delete is 1.5, but the location is R1 so you would want an R1 1.75 Delete (which is not available in this set).

I would love to grab this set, but I do agree with m3ll3n that the R2 1.5 Delete instead of BS is an odd choice and also the reason I held off on Wolf Mark.

Some recent GB sets with R2 1.5 BS rather than R2 1.5 DEL:
GMK Coniferous
GMK Blue Alert
GMK Soware
SA Strong Spirit (which actually has both BS and DEL in the Tsagun kit)
SA 1965
SA Dasher and Dancer

The only one I saw with R2 1.5 DEL in a quick check was ... SA Grand Budapest...

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:27:57 »

As a Mac user to mirror on a normal keyboard, you would need a R1 Delete as it replaces the standard R1 backspace, not the R2 backslash.  The only difference is that on a Macbook Pro Retina (mine atleast), the Delete is 1.5, but the location is R1 so you would want an R1 1.75 Delete (which is not available in this set).

I would love to grab this set, but I do agree with m3ll3n that the R2 1.5 Delete instead of BS is an odd choice and also the reason I held off on Wolf Mark.

GMK Coniferous
GMK Blue Alert
GMK Soware
SA 1965
SA Dasher and Dancer

The only one I saw with R2 1.5 DEL in a quick check was ... SA Grand Budapest...

Alright, I learned something here. I'm not using a specialty layout myself so some of the stuff I simply adapted from other sets while trying to understand why they did it there. Guess I didn't quite get it in this case. DELETE is what I got from The Amazing Chocolatier which was the basis of my initial version of the specialties kit. Godspeed uses ERASE, which I assume MiTo chose to have something between DELETE and BACKSPACE, to accomodate both users. I'll do some more research later and possibly be changing the legend. Thanks for your input!

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #376 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:38:46 »

GMK Coniferous
GMK Blue Alert
GMK Soware
SA 1965
SA Dasher and Dancer

Alright, I learned something here. I'm not using a specialty layout myself so some of the stuff I simply adapted from other sets while trying to understand why they did it there. Guess I didn't quite get it in this case. DELETE is what I got from The Amazing Chocolatier which was the basis of my initial version of the specialties kit. Godspeed uses ERASE, which I assume MiTo chose to have something between DELETE and BACKSPACE, to accomodate both users. I'll do some more research later and possibly be changing the legend. Thanks for your input!

Thanks Oblotzky - would be much appreciated if you would consider it. The REVERT key is similar to an in between like Godspeed's ERASE, but I think having an R2 BS instead of DEL will end up with a longer life / more appeal in the secondhand market as well (if that's a consideration..)

Offline Sempre

« Reply #377 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:21:10 »

I have no stake in this but I do admire your understanding and attitude here
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:23:20 by Sempre »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #378 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:55:38 »
I think Backspace is the right choice as well.  The usage of Delete probably comes from the actual HHKB having it labeled as such, but I'd wager 98% of people flip the dip switch and turn that into Backspace.  I think it's a niche of a niche who'd want your key to be Delete instead of BS.

Offline NotTheVacuum

HHKB is on order, so again - never typed on one, but I want them Topre feels. In any case, I was confused by R1 and R2 (it's on the second row, but sculpted sets typically use the R1 sculpt on that row). Mea culpa, and such like.

I just want a key that says either backspace or delete that fits in that spot :)
(all of this assumes I can get my mits on MX sliders, but by the time Oblivion ships that should be accomplished)

Offline a_ak57

Do be aware that the HHKB uses a 6u spacebar, so you won't be able to use the spacebars from this kit.  There is an 6u topre SA spacebar on Shapeways but it won't color match perfectly (especially if you get the Oblivion kit) and there aren't many reports on the quality of it.

Offline Oblotzky

Do be aware that the HHKB uses a 6u spacebar, so you won't be able to use the spacebars from this kit.  There is an 6u topre SA spacebar on Shapeways but it won't color match perfectly (especially if you get the Oblivion kit) and there aren't many reports on the quality of it.

Offline m3ll3n

Edit: Apparently the spacebar has been improved upon a bit and might be a good fit now
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 March 2017, 20:14:23 by m3ll3n »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

hope this is not an issue with the Duck Viper V2 that is on the way soon. i looked and could not find layout diagrams for the bottom row.

Offline a_ak57

It uses a 7u bar so you will be fine (in fact I think basically all the MX boards that have an HHKB-style layout use a 7u bar).

Offline loud_asian

hope this is not an issue with the Duck Viper V2 that is on the way soon. i looked and could not find layout diagrams for the bottom row.

1u, 1.5u, 7u, 1.5u, 1u
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
Cant hold it much longer :)) wheeeeen is it dropping??? :)

Offline NotTheVacuum

Spent some time reviewing the sets as posted - I *think* an HHKB (for Mac users anyway) is fully covered by three sets: Alphas, Specialties, and MacOS.

Specialties gets you a 1U Alt and 1U Fn (R3) and the \ (R1), a 1.75U Shift (R4), 1.5U Delete (R2), and 7u Space. The MacOS kit is for the missing 1.5U R3 CMD and 1U R3 OPT keys, which completes the set.

If you can't live with CMD for your Win/Super key, you'd have to get the Git specialties (BRANCH, MERGE, STASH, APPLY) or 40 bit (XOR, JMP) for R3 1.5U specialties.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
I can't even believe that I'm considering picking up both Oblivion and Hagoromo sets because I could put Oblviion on my Novatouch and Hagamoro on my soon-to-be-MXed HHKB (there's a 3D printed 6u SA topre spacebar I could get in white that would match close enough).  I mean I can in a vacuum, but not considering I'm already in on buys for I think 4-5 other sets (including R2 Penumbra).  This hobby is murderous.  I guess on the bright side, resale value for stuff is pretty good if not great so I could always sell some sets and not be out much.  Not that I will.
Hagomoro? Link please?

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline a_ak57

Hagomoro? Link please?

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Hagoromo is the name for the white alphas/numpad variant of this set (Oblivion being the grey alphas/numpad).

Offline yuppie

Run this in non-SA SOON pls
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline Niomosy

Run this in non-SA SOON pls

Yeah, unless you've already got an SA production slot, it's going to be a very long wait for SA.  People could likely have a DSA version in use long enough to want to switch to the SA version by the time SA production is set.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
Keep SA. It fits the aesthetic nicely.

This is gorgeous by the way. :thumb:

Offline Niomosy

Might as well do both.  You can have a DSA run started and finished before an SA production slot comes up.

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN

Might as well do both.  You can have a DSA run started and finished before an SA production slot comes up.

That actually doesn't make a lot of sense as you have to do the GB before you can even get a slot as SP requires payment in full to even reserve a spot so moving forward with SA is the best option otherwise your competing with yourself. You don't wait for a slot to open then do the GB you do it and get in line once you have the payment. You could start the SA Oblivion tomorrow if he wanted and had someone to run it. He could do a vote to se which people prefer, but I think you will find that SA will win that, but it might b a good idea to do so.

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
Count me in for a DSA run if it happens, huge fan of low profile  :thumb:

Even better if it's running at Massdrop prices

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline Niomosy

That actually doesn't make a lot of sense as you have to do the GB before you can even get a slot as SP requires payment in full to even reserve a spot so moving forward with SA is the best option otherwise your competing with yourself. You don't wait for a slot to open then do the GB you do it and get in line once you have the payment. You could start the SA Oblivion tomorrow if he wanted and had someone to run it. He could do a vote to se which people prefer, but I think you will find that SA will win that, but it might b a good idea to do so.

You've also got to account for SP not currently accepting any more SA doubleshot orders until they get through current production.  In that time, you can likely get a DSA group buy handled from beginning to end before SA slots are able to be given out again.

Offline Teacob

Git Specialties!!  Best news all day.  Love the additional git keys like log, clean and diff!

Yeah! Very cool, would def go for a set.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
YES! Can't wait for this!

Offline ca178858

I didn't see an update on the function row after this:

TKL kit has been removed and merged into each modifier kit. Simultaneously I removed duplicate function row keys, so instead of having 12 from alphas and 12 from TKL, you will now have 1-4 and 9-12 from Alphas and 5-8 from Modifiers, so only the Sandwich mode as I call it is possible now in the functions row.

But https://oblotzky.github.io/Oblivion/ now shows the alphas with all 12 f-keys so that solid is possible again- is that the current plan? If its not, and theres no way to get a non-striped function row, would it at least be possible to get some R3 blanks?