Author Topic: (RAMA WORKS x Invyr) Aluminium Keycaps SA Row 3 [Shipped!]  (Read 32476 times)

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Re: (RAMA WORKS x Invyr) Aluminium Keycaps SA Row 3 [Shipped!]
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 17:13:27 »
Show Image

That.... is beautiful. 

I just got my 4 in, and they are amazing.  I just need to figure out what to do with them!

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 02:22:38 »
Just got mine over the weekend, it looks and feels lovely! Great job!

Offline EazyC

• Everipedia
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 05:36:27 »
Hello! I have two quick questions:

1. Are these the hybrid topre/mx stems that are circular which fit both switches?
2. Will there be another group buy for these?

Yo,

1. These are designed for MX. They will 'fit' into a topre stem, however they wont really function properly, although I do belive you can jury-rig it to function with bluetac or something silly like that.

2. Maybe however I have a significant pickle: I can get a simmilar price again, although the quality wont be as high as I want it to be, or I could raise the price a bit and have a significantly better cap quality wise.

If there is anything else let me know :)

Hmm unfortunate, looked like it was 100% the hybrid stems. Oh well haha, I doubt they would have sounded good on my HHKB anyway.

And hmmm, why make them more expensive? The pics people have shown seem to look great and people satisfied? I think if you make them any more expensive than $5 each, it becomes prohitively expensive for us trying to assemble 60% boards/plancks/ergos out of them and not just buying only a few novelties. In fact, I'm not sure how outlandish this sounds to most people, but I would most certainly be in for a 60% blanck keycap set in all metal. Whether you do it or someone else, seems like something that is extremely exotic and could get a nice following :)

Offline Meowsaur

• I don't like that.
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 15:44:31 »
Arrived over the weekend.
Ready to hit the town.

.. or ready to just sit in my computer chair (most likely).

Offline Dominathan

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 17:01:33 »
Show Image

Yours doesn't have the line at the bottom of the cap?  3 of mine have a line 3/4 down the cap that goes all the way around.  I actually thought it was part of the design.  Anyone else have that?

Offline zisb

• Aluminium, learn to spell it.
    • zisb.io
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 02:07:09 »
Hey Dom, PM'd ya.

It turns out some of the caps had that issue and I didn't catch it what so ever.  :'(

Offline priyadi

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 06:28:55 »
Yours doesn't have the line at the bottom of the cap?  3 of mine have a line 3/4 down the cap that goes all the way around.  I actually thought it was part of the design.  Anyone else have that?

Mine have the lines, maybe about 90% of them. I thought they are part of machining process, like injecting spots with plastic keycaps.
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 17:07:38 »
Yeah alot of them came out like that unfortunately. It was to do with the anodising process it seems. If anyone does have complaints about them I still have some leftover that don't have any marks on them if you would like to swap them out.  :-*

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 20:19:26 »
I just got my 4 in, and they are amazing.  I just need to figure out what to do with them!

I know see two comments from other folks in the Bay Area having received theirs... I'm getting worried now. That wasn't a cheap order.

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 20:47:51 »

I know see two comments from other folks in the Bay Area having received theirs... I'm getting worried now. That wasn't a cheap order.

:eek: I hope it gets there soon! It might be a bit longer for you though, everyone else got it in like small satchels whereas your order was in a decent sized box.

Offline Dominathan

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 22:11:41 »

How many did you get?  If you got a whole keyboardsl's worth, I want to bask in it!

Offline zisb

• zisb.io
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 23:50:58 »

How many did you get?  If you got a whole keyboardsl's worth, I want to bask in it!

Im running A-/ full of them at the moment, definitely awesome  :p

Offline jal

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 07:33:36 »

Well, none yet, but theoretically 50. Probably going to live on an ortholinear, but the other option to explore is to use them as alphas.

Offline jal

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 19:57:16 »
:eek: I hope it gets there soon! It might be a bit longer for you though, everyone else got it in like small satchels whereas your order was in a decent sized box.

Problem solved.

I ran in to my postal worker on the way home, she flagged me down and handed it to me. I can't really understand her very well, but something about they switched her route for a couple days, and I imagine something about confusion about packages. (She's great, I just usually have no idea what she's talking about.)

Anyway, got 'em. On a scale of 1 to Mr. T, They're almost Mr. T. Pics later.

Offline leoparder

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 05:06:45 »
Show Image

I just received mine, all 4 have the line you are talking about. A bright line roughly 4/5 down the cap. I don't understand why.

Offline Sohan24

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 21:27:13 »
Yeah mine have the lines near the bottom too but I don't mind. For this price point, I'm perfectly okay with this.
I think it's important for the keyboard community to have affordable artisan keycaps; its the best way for us to grow and increase the diversity of offerings.

Offline Dominathan

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 02:22:23 »
Yeah mine have the lines near the bottom too but I don't mind. For this price point, I'm perfectly okay with this.
I think it's important for the keyboard community to have affordable artisan keycaps; its the best way for us to grow and increase the diversity of offerings.

Definitely :D