Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8547517 times)

Offline calvinhousecat

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #24700 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:05:56 »
Received: by 10.79.xx.xxx with HTTP; Wed, 20 Apr 2016 16:19:58 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.79.xx.xxx with HTTP; Wed, 20 Apr 2016 16:19:58 -0700 (PDT)

Well damn.  Who knew my phone would actually be fast for once and send it within a second of pressing send.

if that's the info from gmail's sent, I don't think it's accurate. That's the received timestamp for when it hit the gmail "sent" folder and not the outgoing email (i.e. hotmail).
see: delivered-to

This sounds really reasonable

phew thanks for giving me some hope  :p

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #24701 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:18:29 »
Looks like people's times are on point. Hopefully i'm lucky :)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #24702 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:21:49 »
Upside about not being high on 420 is that I can have better reaction times than the high competition.  :p

but really, I'd trade clacks for a good time with somebody that I like.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24703 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:42:21 »
but the biggest question is... did Rowdy entered?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24704 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:44:02 »
if he didn't, then I am right - he subconsciously didn't want to win.
There is advance notice and there is a count down timer. And it is during his day time. What's his reason now?  :p

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #24705 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:52:29 »
There is advance notice and there is a count down timer. And it is during his day time. What's his reason now?  :p

the email time was 9:20am for us, so he could have been commuting or busy at work

for me though, I was at the post office, in the queue, watching the countdown. not joking in the slightest, i got to the front of the queue at 10 seconds before 4:20. i walked up to the counter, and just... stood there for the remaining seconds, switched to my gmail app and sent it off, then apologised..

EDIT: whenever my phone vibrates from an email there's huge suspense until i check it and it turns out to be a clothing sale or something uhhhghh
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:55:09 by nmur »

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24706 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:59:46 »

the email time was 9:20am for us, so he could have been commuting or busy at work

for me though, I was at the post office, in the queue, watching the countdown. not joking in the slightest, i got to the front of the queue at 10 seconds before 4:20. i walked up to the counter, and just... stood there for the remaining seconds, switched to my gmail app and sent it off, then apologised..

EDIT: whenever my phone vibrates from an email there's huge suspense until i check it and it turns out to be a clothing sale or something uhhhghh

For me and Belfong it is 7.20am, didnt knew our time difference is just mere 2 hours  :p

I think the sale is going to be very tough as many got in at the 4.20 time frame, it literally has to go down to seconds or miliseconds...  :confused:

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #24707 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:13:08 »

For me and Belfong it is 7.20am, didnt knew our time difference is just mere 2 hours  :p

I think the sale is going to be very tough as many got in at the 4.20 time frame, it literally has to go down to seconds or miliseconds...  :confused:
lol, i got the notification around 2am and saw it starts at 7:20am so i just set an alarm. I woke up 7:15 and looking at the countdown to drop to zero until i snooze of in the last 30sec and woke up again after 5min. Still send the mail but FML  :'(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24708 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:16:29 »

lol, i got the notification around 2am and saw it starts at 7:20am so i just set an alarm. I woke up 7:15 and looking at the countdown to drop to zero until i snooze of in the last 30sec and woke up again after 5min. Still send the mail but FML  :'(

well, I am only slightly better than you, got the notification about the sale at around 1.40am, and after rolling on bed still deciding what time should I wake up till 2.30am, in the end woke up at around 5.55am and gone to camp at office from 6.45am onwards  :confused:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24709 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:16:30 »

well, 4/20 is a yearly affair. I am sure rowdy knows it's gonna be at 9.20am and he can plan to go to work earlier/later or just miss the train and stand in the train station OR something.

For me, I had to grab the two girls and leave house almost 20 minutes earlier than usual (*), send them to school around 7.10am and waited for 7.20am in the car park, hoping the LTE and mobile network does not screw up!

(*) told the wife I have an early meeting at work, 8am, so have to leave earlier today  :p

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #24710 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:18:35 »
There is advance notice and there is a count down timer. And it is during his day time. What's his reason now?

well, 4/20 is a yearly affair. I am sure rowdy knows it's gonna be at 9.20am and he can plan to go to work earlier/later or just miss the train and stand in the train station OR something.

For me, I had to grab the two girls and leave house almost 20 minutes earlier than usual (*), send them to school around 7.10am and waited for 7.20am in the car park, hoping the LTE and mobile network does not screw up!

(*) told the wife I have an early meeting at work, 8am, so have to leave earlier today
alternatively rowdy could be blazed out of his mind right now

hehehhee lying to the wife for clacks

I bet she doesn't know how much they cost either ;)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24711 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:21:01 »
lol, she does know the price - retail, that is. If I told her what it is after market, she will FLIPPED for sure.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #24712 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:30:11 »
Lol clack drama, clack widows, clack orphans
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #24713 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:32:29 »
lol, she does know the price - retail, that is. If I told her what it is after market, she will FLIPPED for sure.

whenever the topic of cap prices comes up with my gf, all i have to do is mention her handbags

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24714 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:38:22 »
My wife has no idea what caps cost. Money comes from a separate account.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #24715 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:38:22 »
I'm just sitting here on the edge of my seat.

I'll be staring at the ceiling tonight, just thinking.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24716 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:39:14 »

whenever the topic of cap prices comes up with my gf, all i have to do is mention her handbags

I tell my wife that I'll just pick up firearms as a hobby instead and she is good
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #24717 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:52:10 »

I tell my wife that I'll just pick up firearms as a hobby instead and she is good

So you're saying you threaten your wife with guns?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24718 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:09:55 »

No, a bit too expensive for me, unfortunately :(

I have a few major expenses coming up that I've been putting off, but the longer I put them off the worse things get, and probably the more expensive they get.

A limit of 1 CV win would be about it at the moment, and they are generally around half the 420 cost.

Kinda sucks being an adult sometimes.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #24719 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:19:47 »
Lol clack drama, clack widows, clack orphans

Haha exactly!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24720 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:25:05 »

I have a few major expenses coming up that I've been putting off, but the longer I put them off the worse things get, and probably the more expensive they get.

A limit of 1 CV win would be about it at the moment, and they are generally around half the 420 cost.

I see... guess real life commitments triumph over hobby wishlist sometimes  :(

Hope you doing fine with it Rowdy

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24721 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:45:19 »

So you're saying you threaten your wife with guns?

Guns or Magic cards.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24722 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 22:47:28 »

I see... guess real life commitments triumph over hobby wishlist sometimes  :(

Hope you doing fine with it Rowdy

Funds have been tight for a while.  I've accepted it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #24723 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:21:25 »
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 19:20:04 -0400
Is 4 seconds too long?

Offline sitch

« Reply #24724 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:21:35 »
how do I know what time clack received the email?

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #24725 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:23:04 »
Is 4 seconds too long?
Have you ever tried to play a first person shooter with 4 second delay
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #24726 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:23:31 »
Is 4 seconds too long?
This is mine...

MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <CAAE+_YwgQP1sZ6=VYLiCBfgzASfLr3Ftjt-Y4KD6U2hHn=eBqA@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 23:20:00 +0000

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #24727 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:24:18 »
how do I know what time clack received the email?

You don't really know what time clack himself received it, you only know (approximately!) what time you sent it out from your end. What happens between your PC and clack's inbox is anyone's guess. This is the internet after all, your email could have decided to take the scenic route instead of the direct one :p

Offline ika

« Reply #24728 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:31:40 »
anyone checking gmail will show the timestamp as when it arrived in the sent folder, not when it was actually delivered.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #24729 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:39:44 »
Don't stress.  It will be a pleasant surprise to get the email :)

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #24730 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:42:12 »
cant wait for my invoice tomorrow   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :'(

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #24731 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:43:22 »
cant wait for my invoice tomorrow   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :'(
Seeping confidence.  :))

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24732 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:49:11 »
the time it shows my email being sent is faster this time than my winning email for my conduit grey, but we'll see. Hopefully I managed to get in

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #24733 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:52:33 »
the time it shows my email being sent is faster this time than my winning email for my conduit grey, but we'll see. Hopefully I managed to get in

Either way, I hope that clackman says what the winning times were. I'm interested to see just how tight the tolerance was this time around.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #24734 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:59:10 »
Man if i win,  gonna buy my dad a cake everyday

Offline ika

« Reply #24735 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:02:23 »

Either way, I hope that clackman says what the winning times were. I'm interested to see just how tight the tolerance was this time around.

I'd love it if he posted sent times too but that's too much trouble for clack to go through just to satisfy curiosity.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24736 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:08:08 »
Stupid ad! I swear I'm gonna unsub from all of your network!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24737 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:16:06 »
Crap nuts.

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 18:20:02 -0500

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24738 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:24:20 »

what ad?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24739 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:29:44 »

what ad?
ad received as email; made me jumped thinking Clack emailed me  >:D

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24740 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:31:31 »

what ad?

OuO ok.

Do Clackman reply emails to the winners first? Or?

Edit: OK. My bad, reREAD the instructions and Clackman said he will EMAIL back the pp instruction should you win one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:53:53 by rurushu »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #24741 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 01:05:55 »

what ad?

note to self:  send ballfong an email in an hour or so.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #24742 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 01:45:17 »
Just got home from work...did I miss anything? .......... T.T

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #24743 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 01:51:55 »
Missed the 4:20 sale, how did this happen  :-\  :'(  :'(

Continuing my stellar record of missing every 4:20 clack sale, the irony being it always has my favourite colourways :(

*Hoff any chance of a hug?

Offline baotung

« Reply #24744 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 02:15:17 »
Stayed at my desk at work unnecessarily and skipped a meeting for the 4/20 sale. Was hoping the company ISP was fast enough to give me an edge LOL. naasfu, did you do the same?

My career is starting to go down the toilet because of keycaps. Sigh....

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #24745 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 02:18:31 »
Stayed at my desk at work unnecessarily and skipped a meeting for the 4/20 sale. Was hoping the company ISP was fast enough to give me an edge LOL. naasfu, did you do the same?

My career is starting to go down the toilet because of keycaps. Sigh....
Running on 3 hours sleep.  They gonna warn me soon

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #24746 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 03:49:38 »
set my alarm clock to stand up (1:20 AM in Germany). Send mail and after that I was so hyped and thrilled that I couldn't sleep anymore. Now I'm totally ****ed up at work. Hope it was worth it. :D

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #24747 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 03:52:02 »
set my alarm clock to stand up (1:20 AM in Germany). Send mail and after that I was so hyped and thrilled that I couldn't sleep anymore. Now I'm totally ****ed up at work. Hope it was worth it. :D
Hahaha thats what happened to me.  3.20 am but from the rush i shut my eye at 5. Now i look like a drunken skull, sexy af but not safe for work

Offline rurushu

« Reply #24748 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 04:07:33 »
Hahaha thats what happened to me.  3.20 am but from the rush i shut my eye at 5. Now i look like a drunken skull, sexy af but not safe for work

now sleepy as hell... almost doze off a few times...  :-X

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #24749 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 04:23:32 »
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown