Author Topic: Romer-G tour  (Read 13646 times)

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
Re: Romer-G tour
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 23:06:56 »
So, due to some circumstances surrounding my being an idiot, the original retail box failed to make it in the package. I'll send it tomorrow to make the package whole again :p

HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 12:48:47 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:41:56 by alienman82 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 14:30:35 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:41:37 by alienman82 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 14:31:15 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:41:34 by alienman82 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 14:32:56 »
Glad it arrived safely.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 14:45:24 »
All righty. So. It's nice, and I'm looking to pick up one of the new models coming out. Not sure yet if I need the extra keys, but the ones with fewer keys look a lot sleeker.
The stabilizers are the ones I don't like much, although the Enter key is pleasant, for some odd reason. The distance isn't too far to hit bottom, but the switches have a nice snap when they rebound.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:20:26 »
Just in case anyone in this thread is interested, I do have a G910 that I'm trying to get rid of.  Just getting away from full-sized keyboard.  More info available if anyone is interested.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:27:35 »
I had initially signed up for this tour, but skipped on it as I ended up getting ahold of a coworker's g810. So, just for a quick little review: Personally, I like these switches as much as sotck clears (my 2nd favorite MX flavor behind ergoclears) when they're not covered in those ****ty caps that come on the 910. I used it for a full 8 hour day at work and imo, they feel like an ergoclear with a slightly lighter bump. I'm fairly certain that the g810 will be one of my next boards after I 55g my 87u.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:35:53 »
I had initially signed up for this tour, but skipped on it as I ended up getting ahold of a coworker's g810. So, just for a quick little review: Personally, I like these switches as much as sotck clears (my 2nd favorite MX flavor behind ergoclears) when they're not covered in those ****ty caps that come on the 910. I used it for a full 8 hour day at work and imo, they feel like an ergoclear with a slightly lighter bump. I'm fairly certain that the g810 will be one of my next boards after I 55g my 87u.

Yeah, the keycaps kinda ruin it. I can see me using the board more, though, if I can get at the stabs and change the caps.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:52:44 »

Yeah, the keycaps kinda ruin it. I can see me using the board more, though, if I can get at the stabs and change the caps.
One of my plans after the tour is over, is to try lubing the stabs. The drawbacks I have seen with the board are the same as yours. I hope they keep using this switch in their future boards.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:54:00 »

One of my plans after the tour is over, is to try lubing the stabs. The drawbacks I have seen with the board are the same as yours. I hope they keep using this switch in their future boards.

Sorry, haven't shipped it yet but will do by this weekend!

And yeah, I'm pretty much getting the 810 for sure.
So the caps are removable? Wasn't sure but didn't want to mess with yours.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:55:51 »

Sorry, haven't shipped it yet but will do by this weekend!

And yeah, I'm pretty much getting the 810 for sure.
So the caps are removable? Wasn't sure but didn't want to mess with yours.
Haha no worries bro. If they make another tkl similar to the 810, I will most likely pick it up

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:57:05 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:23:04 by alienman82 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 14:41:58 »
First five minute impressions: Bad.

The spacebar causes a nice ping and the mods have this this weird plasticky noise on the rebound. The switches feel almost linear to me. Can't figure out how to make a rainbow with the RGB lighting :(.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 14:58:56 »
First five minute impressions: Bad.

The spacebar causes a nice ping and the mods have this this weird plasticky noise on the rebound. The switches feel almost linear to me. Can't figure out how to make a rainbow with the RGB lighting :(.

Show Image

You have to install Logitechs software to get the fancy LEDs

Offline quasistellar

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 16:02:46 »
It does indeed ping and rattle like there's no tomorrow :(

I tried lubing the stabs on mine but it didn't make much difference. As soon as they make a TKL like the 810 I'll get that instead.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 18:14:31 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 18:15:28 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:09:30 by alienman82 »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 18:18:33 »
Yeah... I had one of the first FS to come out- didn't know if they'd changed it at all.  And it seems like these bloody companies that make their own switches would make them cherry compatible so you could correct their oversights.  I liked it overall for gaming.  But for wholesale typing?  Not really.