Author Topic: [GB] Out of the Vault - The Megaton Vault Drop (Extras Subsets Open)  (Read 175343 times)

Offline kurtle107

bro are you going to ship this set to viet nam ?

Should be on the list as international as long as you put down your billing address as the shipping...  :thumb:
i read your message but i dont know how to order on taobao bro

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
bro are you going to ship this set to viet nam ?

Should be on the list as international as long as you put down your billing address as the shipping...  :thumb:
i read your message but i dont know how to order on taobao bro

YGPM...no worries mate. We will get your order taken care of, friend.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Update order quantities in OP. see everyone sunday for invoicing

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Well, I just couldn't stay away so, bump...

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Just completed current Invoices. I will check later on tonight to see if there are any more and will get them caught up to completely fill Sunday obligation.

Thanks for your support and participation.

Offline regack

participation and anticipation

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
participation and anticipation

you and me both, bud

Offline nosage

I am going to start prepping an ad for reddit. I need to wait until the 15th, and depending on the sales numbers this week I will publish ASAP.  I will start with like 10-15 bucks, and if I botch it I won't worry about it, if I feel comfortable with it and I get some response, I will invest more.  This is also depending on the availability, "inventory", of ad space on the following subreddits (r/fallout, r/fo3, r/fo4, r/fnv) before the group buy closes.

What I need:  Image, Title, Content (Q&A) for a Text type of ad.  I want to do text for a few reasons but mainly because people might click more knowing they are going to a reddit page with more information and not a random google order form.  Also because I can't come up with a way to measure the clicks, so I need to depend on the trust of reddits ad portal.  We can post a Q&A for the text, and I (or us) will also answer any questions in the ad comments.

Image: has to be 70x70, I like Zero's yellow vault 12 keycap render, should turn some heads.
Title: something human readable, like "Get Fallout inspired keycaps for your MX stem compatible mechanical keyboard". ugh, could be better but you get the idea.
Q&A: I will be stealing info from other people, but this is the part where we try to convince people we are not some company selling these for profit (on the contrary I'm sure as with ANY group buy Zero goes in the red, especially on shipping), but this is for the larger purpose of getting Bethesda on board to create nuka's in the future, how ever you want to put it.

Q&A:
Q: Why?
A: You are getting awesome fallout inspired novelty keycaps on your mechanical keyboard. Insert links to OP images.

Q: Why a group buy?
A: The manufacturer [Signature Plastics] as minimum order quantities for custom orders.  A group buy allows us to meet this requirement.

Q: When do I pay?
A: In this group buy (and many others), you will be invoiced before the order is sent to the manufacturer.  This is so that one person does not have to front ALL of the money, and then be on the hook for keycaps that, sadly, might not sell.

Q: How long will it take to get the caps?
A: The group buy ends May 1st (or Apr 30th?).  The order is sent to the manufacturer once the payments are in and the the turn around time could be 3-4 months, possibly longer, depending on the available production times of the manufacturer.  Once they are received from the manufacturer they are sorted and mailed out.  The wait is worth it!

Q: Anything else?
A: Admittingly we do have an agenda, not only do we want another awesome round of fallout inspired keycaps, but we also want Besthesda to make keycaps with the nuka-cola logo.  There is a plan in place to do this, and this group buy will help fund and provide material for that plan :)

Q: Where can I put an order in?
A: [link to order form] as well as more info on how to order.

I also want to post pictures (and we can post pictures in the comments) and I want to post links to the previous successful group buys, to show we are not one-off goons, as well as plans for future buys (more vault numbers and color ways), as well as faction logos?

I need some help with the above (YAY or NAY on the whole plan), if YAY then ideas, improvements AND spell checking.  Like I said I would be MORE than happy to invest and get this group buy out there to a much larger audience.  The only caveat is I need some help to put the best possible advertisement together, I will look a fool a million times over but since this is unofficially representing Zero, perfection is the only option.  I also want to protect Zero, paypal disputes is a real issue with group buys and can be compounded with getting people from the ad on board that have not experienced lengthy buy and manufacture times (like I have with round5 and round6 :thumb:).  We can do this by being real and honest in the ad, this means support with the ad itself, with pictures of previous rounds, and with quality answers to any questions in the comment section.

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I have a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I am going to start prepping an ad for reddit. I need to wait until the 15th, and depending on the sales numbers this week I will publish ASAP.  I will start with like 10-15 bucks, and if I botch it I won't worry about it, if I feel comfortable with it and I get some response, I will invest more.  This is also depending on the availability, "inventory", of ad space on the following subreddits (r/fallout, r/fo3, r/fo4, r/fnv) before the group buy closes.

What I need:  Image, Title, Content (Q&A) for a Text type of ad.  I want to do text for a few reasons but mainly because people might click more knowing they are going to a reddit page with more information and not a random google order form.  Also because I can't come up with a way to measure the clicks, so I need to depend on the trust of reddits ad portal.  We can post a Q&A for the text, and I (or us) will also answer any questions in the ad comments.

Image: has to be 70x70, I like Zero's yellow vault 12 keycap render, should turn some heads.
Title: something human readable, like "Get Fallout inspired keycaps for your MX stem compatible mechanical keyboard". ugh, could be better but you get the idea.
Q&A: I will be stealing info from other people, but this is the part where we try to convince people we are not some company selling these for profit (on the contrary I'm sure as with ANY group buy Zero goes in the red, especially on shipping), but this is for the larger purpose of getting Bethesda on board to create nuka's in the future, how ever you want to put it.

Q&A:
A: You are getting awesome fallout inspired novelty keycaps on your mechanical keyboard. Insert links to OP images.

A: The manufacturer [Signature Plastics] as minimum order quantities for custom orders.  A group buy allows us to meet this requirement.

A: In this group buy (and many others), you will be invoiced before the order is sent to the manufacturer.  This is so that one person does not have to front ALL of the money, and then be on the hook for keycaps that, sadly, might not sell.

A: The group buy ends May 1st (or Apr 30th?).  The order is sent to the manufacturer once the payments are in and the the turn around time could be 3-4 months, possibly longer, depending on the available production times of the manufacturer.  Once they are received from the manufacturer they are sorted and mailed out.  The wait is worth it!

A: Admittingly we do have an agenda, not only do we want another awesome round of fallout inspired keycaps, but we also want Besthesda to make keycaps with the nuka-cola logo.  There is a plan in place to do this, and this group buy will help fund and provide material for that plan :)

I also want to post pictures (and we can post pictures in the comments) and I want to post links to the previous successful group buys, to show we are not one-off goons, as well as plans for future buys (more vault numbers and color ways), as well as faction logos?

I need some help with the above (YAY or NAY on the whole plan), if YAY then ideas, improvements AND spell checking.  Like I said I would be MORE than happy to invest and get this group buy out there to a much larger audience.  The only caveat is I need some help to put the best possible advertisement together, I will look a fool a million times over but since this is unofficially representing Zero, perfection is the only option.  I also want to protect Zero, paypal disputes is a real issue with group buys and can be compounded with getting people from the ad on board that have not experienced lengthy buy and manufacture times (like I have with round5 and round6 :thumb:).  We can do this by being real and honest in the ad, this means support with the ad itself, with pictures of previous rounds, and with quality answers to any questions in the comment section.

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I have a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"

Well, orders are not nearly where they need to be. Too many colorways, thus too costly. If I could limit colorways and drive the cost down, then I believe we will see a rise in orders without more advertisement. That being said, I am seriously considering doing a giveaway raffle for sets of two DSA Nuka Colas for 3 lucky people. Each GB set ordered, enters into the giveaway as one entry. More sets ordered, better the odds of winning. Maybe this will help with order count. I realize we are still weeks away and so I am going to see how this continues to play out. I am not getting much feedback from the Overseer thread, and most of the feedback I get from DT seems kinda negative.

So...if we were to start thinning the herd, hypothetically speaking, which keys should be on the chopping block (yes, I plan to refund for such changes).

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Q&A:

Please PM me about all this

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
So...if we were to start thinning the herd, hypothetically speaking, which keys should be on the chopping block (yes, I plan to refund for such changes).

If you're going to do that. I would nuke a few of the mini nukes (pun intended :cool:)

The white on red is very similar to the last one, and I think we only really need one with green, so I'd get rid of the white on green. Dropping these two should decrease the cost by ~ $8 which is substantial (percentage wise). Just my two cents.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

If you're going to do that. I would nuke a few of the mini nukes (pun intended :cool:)

The white on red is very similar to the last one, and I think we only really need one with green, so I'd get rid of the white on green. Dropping these two should decrease the cost by ~ $8 which is substantial (percentage wise). Just my two cents.

Okay, so you like Green and Yellow?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Yea. And I would keep all of the vaults.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Okay so maybe we can do $25 flat free shipping for 8 keys. No gimmicky pricing discounts. International would only be $10 more.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Okay so maybe we can do $25 flat free shipping for 8 keys. No gimmicky pricing discounts. International would only be $10 more.

I'm definitely cool with that. Might also pick up another set too.
That raffle might also be a nice addition.

Offline regack

If you're going to do that. I would nuke a few of the mini nukes (pun intended 8) )

Keep all of the vaults, yes, and cull the mini-nukes.  Are green/white & orange/white meant to link up with Nuclear Data?  Yellow/black and Green/Yellow I don't quite get... I think I remember reading that the Blue/Yellow was requested by a bunch of people.  If colorways are a problem (as much as I'd like the other mini nukes) I would start eliminating the ones that don't "fit in" with the Vault-Tec blue and yellow theme that's driven by the vault keys...

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Is it possible to mix and match parts of the case?

i.e. black case with red plate.

Also are any of the cases available compatible with 1.75x + 1x keys instead of long right shift?

I'm definitely cool with that. Might also pick up another set too.
That raffle might also be a nice addition.

So... I was thinking each profile will have its own raffle, but only once we reach 100 sets in that profile. So, three drawings. Three pools of contestants.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

If you're going to do that. I would nuke a few of the mini nukes (pun intended 8) )

Keep all of the vaults, yes, and cull the mini-nukes.  Are green/white & orange/white meant to link up with Nuclear Data?  Yellow/black and Green/Yellow I don't quite get... I think I remember reading that the Blue/Yellow was requested by a bunch of people.  If colorways are a problem (as much as I'd like the other mini nukes) I would start eliminating the ones that don't "fit in" with the Vault-Tec blue and yellow theme that's driven by the vault keys...
yellow and black are to link up with the Rad Hard set which complimented Nuclear Data. The green/yellow is just a mix of the two colors (because it's different, and because I want it) no other reason.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
So what if we drop Red/white and Green/yellow?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

I'm cool with that too. Even though green is my favorite color, I'm not a big fan of them. But, frankly, I'm happy to see white/red go.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

I'm cool with that too. Even though green is my favorite color, I'm not a big fan of them. But, frankly, I'm happy to see white/red go.

No,  I mean keep Nuclear Data Green,  but just ditch Green/Yellow and Red/White

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Isn't the green/yellow one also Nuclear Data?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Not exactly. Nuclear Data is only either Green/White or Orange/White. I was merely trying to bring in the Rad Hard yellow to mix with the Nuclear Data green

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
If anything is getting cut, here is my opinion. Highest would be cut first:

• Mini Nuke - yellow on green (Fat Man): Least compatible with other keys in the past
  • Mini Nuke - White on red (Nuka Cola): Very close to the key from Junktown
  • Mini Nuke - Yellow on blue (Vault Jumpsuit): Doesn't really mesh with the other vault keys

The other Mini Nukes all fit with the sets that were released in Out Of The Vault Series II.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Not exactly. Nuclear Data is only either Green/White or Orange/White. I was merely trying to bring in the Rad Hard yellow to mix with the Nuclear Data green

Oh okay. I don't think we need both, and the green/white was a little more plain. Didn't realize that the green/yellow didn't actually match nuclear data.

Also, nathanrosspowell has a good point about yellow/blue.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Oh okay. I don't think we need both, and the green/white was a little more plain. Didn't realize that the green/yellow didn't actually match nuclear data.

Yellow/Blue is a gimme as it adds to the colorway count on Vaults. Inconsequential, so it's fine

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Yellow/Blue is a gimme as it adds to the colorway count on Vaults. Inconsequential, so it's fine

Unless...a glowing Mini Nuke would be cooler?

Offline nosage

Great idea, it would match the radiation of the megaton bomb!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Glowing mini nuke would definitely be cooler!

Offline w00zie

Glowing mini nuke would definitely be cooler!

I agree with that!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Glowing Mini Nuke...

... behold the power of Atom!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Glowing Mini Nuke...

Show Image

Sweet! Okay then, it is settled. I will nuke the two Mini Nukes right out of the air and make the Jumpsuit Mini Nuke Irradiated...all for only $25 a set, Pick-A-Profile! Plus a raffle for each profile...hehe. If we can pull all of this off, we will do what the US in the Fallout storyline failed to do: Save the World!

Now, to pool our team to get all this up on the promo site and to make appropriate spray paint changes to the Banners and Mockups...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Glowing Mini Nuke...

Show Image

Sweet! Okay then, it is settled. I will nuke the two Mini Nukes right out of the air and make the Jumpsuit Mini Nuke Irradiated...all for only $25 a set, Pick-A-Profile! Plus a raffle for each profile...hehe. If we can pull all of this off, we will do what the US in the Fallout storyline failed to do: Save the World!

Now, to pool our team to get all this up on the promo site and to make appropriate spray paint changes to the Banners and Mockups...

Awesome! Good luck with all the updates.

Offline dragonpower2000

how is these kinds of things done, i am pretty intrested in creating custom keysets, do you get SP to make them, explain please

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
how is these kinds of things done, i am pretty intrested in creating custom keysets, do you get SP to make them, explain please

Well, I design a keycap legend using a design program (Inkscape, PhotoShop, etc) to the exact specs of what SP needs to mold the key into a keycap. Then, I place an order, and they produce the keycap.

Many steps in between, but this is the work flow...

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: [GB] Out of the Vault - The Megaton Vault Drop: (Key Changes/Price Drop)
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 21:38:41 »
Changed OP:

***Update: Major Changes - We are nuking the Red/White and Green/Yellow Mini Nukes right out of the sky; and we are converting the Jumpsuit Blue Mini Nuke to a GID/Blue Mini Nuke.

New Raffle Opportunity - We are also adding conditional raffles to each profile. Once a certain profile reaches 100 sets ordered, then there will be a drawing from that set pool of people to determine who wins a pair of DSA Rad Soda keycaps: 1x Nuka Classic + 1x Nuka Quantum. For those ordering multiples of the same profile, you gain an entry for every set ordered. So, potentially, there can be up to 3 giveaways, one each profile for these rare/hard to find 'caps! Now, if a profile does not make it to 100 orders, there will not be a drawing for that profile's group of sales. (I really hope this is clear. I will try to clean this up as soon as I can.)

Action as of 4/12: Emailing all current orders to alert them to changes and to see what they would like to do with their respective orders.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 21:52:53 »
With all the changes, you should make new posts over on /r/mechanicalkeyboards and /r/mechmarket.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 22:09:23 »
With all the changes, you should make new posts over on /r/mechanicalkeyboards and /r/mechmarket.

Well, there is only the post on Mechmarket as it is now the shopping part of r/mk. I am making my rounds, but the hard part is that I didn't post that one, so I need to get with nathanrosspowell to make the changes over there...

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 22:10:07 »
Updated the form, but pictures still show old layouts for now...descriptions should all be accurate, however.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 11:21:31 »
Added OEM vs. SA Row 3 reference shot to the OP.

Offline richfiles

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 14:48:41 »
Welp! I was hesitating at the steep price tag before, but now, i'm 100% in. I get paid Friday, and this'll be on the list of caps payable!  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:47:45 by richfiles »
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 14:54:45 »
Welp! I was hesitating at the steep price tag before, but now, i'm 100% in. I get paid Friday, and this'll on the list of caps payable!  :))

Thanks for your support. Help us get the word out, please.

I hope to have all the graphics fixed so that everything will be more clear on the form especially.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 16:57:43 »
Thank you for the OEM reference shot. I'm definitely still in. More GID is good.
Biking is fun.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:02:21 »
Thank you for the OEM reference shot. I'm definitely still in. More GID is good.

gid is good!

Yay for alliteration :p

Offline regack

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 21:56:31 »
Updated OP and order form...

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 23:07:28 »
Still a long way to go. I hope we can get the minimum.
Biking is fun.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 23:14:17 »
Still a long way to go. I hope we can get the minimum.

Just completed all current emailed responses from current customers, and I have now adjusted the numbers based on the changes people wanted so far.

The changes should attract more appeal and we should have little problem getting to the numbers we want. I just need to get all the images up to snuff. This is what I get for not thinking this thing through in the inception process.

My GB's won't be this big going forward, I think I will allow more choices to be made instead of large buy all in one type sets. Singles seem to draw more attention. Just wait until the next one in the Fall...it will blow everyone's mind, I guarantee it.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 23:18:33 »
...it will blow everyone's mind, I guarantee it.

I like the sound of this :D

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 23:26:32 »
...it will blow everyone's mind, I guarantee it.

I like the sound of this :D

So do I. I also think that the changes are for the better as well. A lower price point as well as more GID will definitely help.
Biking is fun.