Author Topic: Are SPRiT springs really that great?  (Read 11475 times)

Offline aleck

Are SPRiT springs really that great?
« on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 16:10:18 »
Hi, I've been looking forward to make my own build for a long time ago, and I've seen this SPRiT gold springs everywhere and I've got some doubts about them.

First of all, what's the benefit from using gold springs? Does it affect the switch feel? (besides the weight of course)

Second, is SPRiT actually a scammer? I've seen many posts about that that make me wonder how weird it is that such a bad vendor is very popular.

And finally, how do they compare to KBDfans' gold springs? Those are so much cheap when talking about shipping, but I don't know if they're good.

Many thanks.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Are SPRiT springs really that great?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 16:46:05 »
No real advantage, just a e s t h e t i c.

Yes. He doesn't deliver (and ignores emails etc) from his old Geekhack group buys, but he seems okay delivering new stuff. Decide for yourself if you want to support someone that has no intention of fulfilling previous orders.

It's probably a bit early to figure that out, Sprit has been the only provider of custom weighted springs for a while - it's only now we're seeing newer ones (CWW, TX, and Kbdfans). Try for yourself really.

Offline aleck

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 17:38:21 »

Yes. He doesn't deliver (and ignores emails etc) from his old Geekhack group buys, but he seems okay delivering new stuff. Decide for yourself if you want to support someone that has no intention of fulfilling previous orders.

It's probably a bit early to figure that out, Sprit has been the only provider of custom weighted springs for a while - it's only now we're seeing newer ones (CWW, TX, and Kbdfans). Try for yourself really.
I see, perhaps I can use the money I'd use for the KBDfans springs in a MX Hirose Orange switch for the spacebar haha, thanks for the help!

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 17:52:19 »

I see, perhaps I can use the money I'd use for the KBDfans springs in a MX Hirose Orange switch for the spacebar haha, thanks for the help!

LOL, good decision.

DM me your address and I will send you a Hirose switch or two for free....I have a bunch saved up for a project and wouldn't mind sending you a few to mess with.

Offline aleck

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:00:06 »

LOL, good decision.

DM me your address and I will send you a Hirose switch or two for free....I have a bunch saved up for a project and wouldn't mind sending you a few to mess with.

Show Image

Oh my, that's so sweet! Thank you! But I gotta decline the offer, post mail in my country costs for things even as small as a switch a bit expensive, specially when it comes from USA, perhaps if my mom gets to go to California again this June I can contact you again if you still wanna give me the switches, so yeah, anyways, thanks for the sweet gesture  :-*
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:02:00 by xiroverflow »

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:09:55 »

LOL, good decision.

Show Image

Oh my, that's so sweet! Thank you! But I gotta decline the offer, post mail in my country costs for things even as small as a switch a bit expensive, specially when it comes from USA, perhaps if my mom gets to go to California again this June I can contact you again if you still wanna give me the switches, so yeah, anyways, thanks for the sweet gesture  :-*

It's cool, I was going to cover the shipping. No Biggie. It can't be more than $10 to ship snail mail with no tracking..... 

If you would still rather wait, just hit me up whenever. :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:24:37 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100183.0

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:28:56 »
Yes.

Offline aleck

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:42:14 »

LOL, good decision.

Show Image

It's cool, I was going to cover the shipping. No Biggie. It can't be more than $10 to ship snail mail with no tracking..... 

If you would still rather wait, just hit me up whenever. :thumb:
Well, I've made a bit of research, and surprinsingly, it might not be as expensive as I thought, if you wanna send them to me, hit me on dm anytime you'd like! ;D (And thank you for the 100th time for the gesture)

Offline aleck

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:51:38 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100183.0

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yes, I read this post just yesterday, when I started worrying about ordering from SPRiT himself

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 09:24:43 »
Yes they're great. Multiple purchases from him. No problem.