Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624560 times)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: GH60 Group Buy (PRODUCTION FOR REAL)
« Reply #3650 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 13:37:41 »
Maybe they need to start selling the parts we don't want to get money to send us the parts we do want.

I'm all for them just shipping the PCBs and plates and refunding the stabilizer money.  Hell, I'll even bend stabilizer wires for people at cost if it gets me my **** soon.  This GB has passed the point of ridiculousness.

Maybe we need to start a rule with GBs: Don't take money if you can't start shipping within 3-6 months. I should be getting interest on my money at this point.

i like that rule and like i said earlier thanks to other options now available or coming soon the value of the GH60 has depreciated. everyone lost money with this GB even with delivery of the goods (with no ETA still now)

TJ you need to come back and explain the status, please. are the PCB's lost or not.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3651 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 14:00:53 »
Maybe they need to start selling the parts we don't want to get money to send us the parts we do want.

I'm all for them just shipping the PCBs and plates and refunding the stabilizer money.  Hell, I'll even bend stabilizer wires for people at cost if it gets me my **** soon.  This GB has passed the point of ridiculousness.

Maybe we need to start a rule with GBs: Don't take money if you can't start shipping within 3-6 months. I should be getting interest on my money at this point.

i like that rule and like i said earlier thanks to other options now available or coming soon the value of the GH60 has depreciated. everyone lost money with this GB even with delivery of the goods (with no ETA still now)

TJ you need to come back and explain the status, please. are the PCB's lost or not.

Who said anything about PCBs being lost? Please don't spread FUD in this thread, Glod.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #3652 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:04:34 »
Can someone please get tj to post a status update in here?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3653 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:15:25 »

He and komar have the PCBs.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #3654 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 03:12:23 »

I think that's a great idea - I can't see it ever being implemented mind but I would love it if it was.  I can understand that a big gb like this might take a few months, perhaps 6 months but am truly astounded that the payment deadline was a year ago (well 50 weeks ago) and the best response that we're getting is "X has this component and Y has that component" with no indication on what that means for shipping or any real indication as to when we'll finally get what we paid for a year ago.  For all I know it'll be another year before we get these...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline tbc

« Reply #3655 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 04:00:33 »

I think that's a great idea - I can't see it ever being implemented mind but I would love it if it was.  I can understand that a big gb like this might take a few months, perhaps 6 months but am truly astounded that the payment deadline was a year ago (well 50 weeks ago) and the best response that we're getting is "X has this component and Y has that component" with no indication on what that means for shipping or any real indication as to when we'll finally get what we paid for a year ago.  For all I know it'll be another year before we get these...

seems like the problem is actually BIG gbs in the first place.

given a set number of volunteers and a maximum number of hours per volunteer, there WILL be a point where the gb can't be completed reasonably.

this gb was about as complex as a gb can get AND huge at the same time.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3656 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 04:22:08 »

given a set number of volunteers and a maximum number of hours per volunteer, there WILL be a point where the gb can't be completed reasonably.

Yeah to be honest the size of some GB's is what has put me off ever running one previously. I have the capabilities to cut stainless plates quite cheaply but I'd never want to run more than 10 because it would become an ordeal to organise.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #3657 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 04:32:37 »

Yeah to be honest the size of some GB's is what has put me off ever running one previously. I have the capabilities to cut stainless plates quite cheaply but I'd never want to run more than 10 because it would become an ordeal to organise.

Same here - I've run mini gb's to the UK before (< 10 people) and that was enough work for me!  I think that with this gb all along there's been a total lack of transparency which, in my opinion, with a buy that's worth thousands of dollars (tens of thousands of dollars?) is absolutely crucial. 
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3658 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:57:20 »

He needs to transfer funds for the plates also...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3659 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:06:11 »

He needs to transfer funds for the plates also...

With all due respect, sir, I think we know exactly what needs to be done to complete our group buy.

I realize everyone is frustrated with the length of this group buy at this point, not the least of whom are the organizers. We are doing what we can with the limited time we have available to devote to a hobby. Please bear with us a little longer, and everyone will take delivery on what they ordered. The scope of this group buy is way more than any of us thought it would be. I've been posting updates, and will continue to do so. We are doing the best we can, and everyone needs to understand that we don't intend to run off with anyone's money and not deliver a final product. Yes, mistakes were made, but we are dealing with that as best we can.

Further discussion of proposed "rules" for group buys does not belong in this thread. Feel free to start your own thread elsewhere.

Thanks!

in memoriam

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #3660 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:10:16 »
I was proposing to give up on the stabs to ease organizers' work, but really, take the time you need. As long as the thread is updated I don't feel abandoned.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3661 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:55:04 »
I was proposing to give up on the stabs to ease organizers' work, but really, take the time you need. As long as the thread is updated I don't feel abandoned.

Ditto.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #3662 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 11:54:44 »

Ditto.

^Yep

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3663 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 16:59:49 »
Come at me angry mob  ;D
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3664 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 17:37:56 »
Come at me angry mob  ;D
Show Image

Crotch shots it is.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3665 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 19:25:27 »

Offline tywtyw2002

« Reply #3666 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 02:16:41 »
I saw the order link is closed, so where can i order a GH60 PCBs?

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #3667 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 04:11:50 »
You can't, that is why the order link is closed.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #3668 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 16:40:45 »

|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #3669 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:55:27 »
... I'm still waiting on money for the plates. ...

So... this is the most disturbing and revealing statement in the entire thread.

I'm shocked that no one else even mentioned it after it was stated.

Guy steps up and saves the day with plates...

2-3 months later, he still hasn't been given the money to retrieve them.

I just... i don't even know what to say.

Can i say "cluster****" now?

Well i just did, and i'm going to keep saying it until i have either a GH60 in my hands, or a refund. Actually, no, i'm going to call it a cluster**** either way.

Because that's exactly what it is.

Let me ask you guys something:

How much is your TIME worth?

Now, how much is my time worth, to you?

It seems as though some of you believe your own personal time is more important than the however many hundreds of people's time is being wasted by inefficient and downright lazy handling of certain aspects of this GB.

Right after the mention of "as long as the thread is updated, we won't feel abandoned," boom, thread is a ghost town, and the few of us who still give a ****, are left staring at the date of the last post, counting how many days it's been since anything usefully informative has been stated.

And what was the last important update?

See quote above. "i'm still waiting on money for the plates"

Definitely can't fault him for that! It's not like we can demand he "wait harder!" to make someone else get in gear faster... if it were that simple, we would have collectively manifested the GH60 with our geek hive-mind by now. I wonder how many hours have been lost by how many people, over the last year, staring at this thread while it moves ever so slightly faster than frozen molasses... and somehow still manages to be faster than the actual item being produced.

At this moment, i would certainly prefer to have the money instead of the promise. Dollars are almost always better than promises. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
Logitech G710+

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3670 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 09:00:18 »
... I'm still waiting on money for the plates. ...

So... this is the most disturbing and revealing statement in the entire thread.

I'm shocked that no one else even mentioned it after it was stated.

Guy steps up and saves the day with plates...

2-3 months later, he still hasn't been given the money to retrieve them.

I just... i don't even know what to say.

Can i say "cluster****" now?

Well i just did, and i'm going to keep saying it until i have either a GH60 in my hands, or a refund. Actually, no, i'm going to call it a cluster**** either way.

Because that's exactly what it is.

Let me ask you guys something:

How much is your TIME worth?

Now, how much is my time worth, to you?

It seems as though some of you believe your own personal time is more important than the however many hundreds of people's time is being wasted by inefficient and downright lazy handling of certain aspects of this GB.

Right after the mention of "as long as the thread is updated, we won't feel abandoned," boom, thread is a ghost town, and the few of us who still give a ****, are left staring at the date of the last post, counting how many days it's been since anything usefully informative has been stated.

And what was the last important update?

See quote above. "i'm still waiting on money for the plates"

Definitely can't fault him for that! It's not like we can demand he "wait harder!" to make someone else get in gear faster... if it were that simple, we would have collectively manifested the GH60 with our geek hive-mind by now. I wonder how many hours have been lost by how many people, over the last year, staring at this thread while it moves ever so slightly faster than frozen molasses... and somehow still manages to be faster than the actual item being produced.

At this moment, i would certainly prefer to have the money instead of the promise. Dollars are almost always better than promises. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Honestly I'd be just as pissed as you are, I bought a GH60 PCB off Taobao LAST. YEAR. 6 months I've had the PCB that you guys paid to engineer and you're all still waiting. Unbelievable.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3671 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 09:29:20 »
Honestly I'd be just as pissed as you are, I bought a GH60 PCB off Taobao LAST. YEAR. 6 months I've had the PCB that you guys paid to engineer and you're all still waiting. Unbelievable.

Yup, it's ****ing ridiculous.  At this point, it's been just 10 days short of a year and a month since my money was taken.  It's why I said my two cents that group buys shouldn't take money unless they're looking to ship in 3-6 months.  I know some of the insanity that goes along with a group buy, but it really does feel like it's a bunch of people going "it's not my problem" right now. Just get the **** together and ship it out.  You have the PCBs, you have the plates, we've heard that the switches are good to go, supposedly only stabilizers are missing. Ship out what you have and give the option of either refunding the stabilizer money or ship them out at a later date.

We've already had the Hammer case GB run and ship, multiple other successful 60% case GBs, we are now on the second round of Imsto anodized 60% plates, and even Sprit is shipping his FaceW and giving almost daily updates and input in his thread while this thread remains almost dead silent from the people who have our stuff.  Instead we're told to be patient.

At what point should patience run out?  I think a year after payment with a very poor update record is a fair time frame to run out of patience.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3672 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 10:18:07 »
Most of my frustration regarding this buy is the lack of updates with clear information. It seems like everyone has no idea what the other people involved in this are doing and there is no clear showrunner here. Yes, it is a cluster****.
I also don't appreciate waiting excessive amounts of time for components to arrive that I didn't even order. I DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT IT! Send me my PCBs already!

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #3673 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 10:26:29 »
I also don't appreciate waiting excessive amounts of time for components to arrive that I didn't even order. I DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT IT! Send me my PCBs already!

THIS^^...For those who just ordered the PCB, CAN WE HAS NOW! -__-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3674 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 10:30:46 »
...there is no clear showrunner here.

See the OP of this thread for the name of the person who was supposed to be running this show.

FYI, my involvement at this point is pretty minimal. I just try to post updates here if and when I have new information. TJ and komar have taken over the logistics of the GB since a while ago.

UPDATE: Nothing new to report.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 10:37:42 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3675 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 11:30:39 »
That is what I mean... WFD went MIA and dropped the ball as this buys showrunner... someone else in this team could have and should have stepped up and picked that up and kept things moving... or WFD should have found someone else that could have. Since they went MIA they just left it all in limbo for months and seemingly left the rest of you in the dark at least somewhat.
I mostly just want to know who is in possession of what right now, and when are we going to start seeing things in our mailboxes. Those of you who are involved in this buy need to get communicating and get things on track.
If you need help... I am available to do anything I can.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 11:32:17 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #3676 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 11:48:21 »

THIS^^...For those who just ordered the PCB, CAN WE HAS NOW! -__-

I don't think you guys will get an answer. The person who supposedly has our PCBs has been missing from this thread for more 11 months now (that is at least the earliest I could find, I hope I am wrong).
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 11:51:26 by Broadmonkey »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3677 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 11:55:06 »
Okay guys, so a status update:
The PCBs have been produced and the US/Canada part is being shipped to tjcaustin. imsto's package is on its way too, directly from China.
The plates have been ordered, and they should take another week to finish production, according to ApocalypseMaow.
According to that TJ should have the PCB for quite some time? Unless TJ send them all to WFD for some reason... I don't think WFD has anything to do with it anymore? TJ has posted on the forum in the last few days so....
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 11:59:30 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #3678 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:03:17 »
Yes, TJ has half of the PCBs, and the other half is waiting in China. I will get this half shipped to myself once I know the plates are ready to be sent to me, so no worries here. I was responsible for the production of PCBs and part of distribution. The PCBs are produced, and distribution on my side can't start before I receive the stuff I wasn't responsible for.
I hope you understand that I won't take responsibility for purchases and money transfers which are already being handled thousands of kilometers away from myself. I'm as sad as you are not having my GH60s and being unable to test the LED module which is sitting on my desk waiting and I have also paid for stuff I haven't received yet.
I have already organized some help with the non-US non-Canada distribution to get things shipped faster and I'll be considering sending stuff without stabs first if they don't come early enough.
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #3679 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:08:05 »
sorry what is the problem with the plates? If you needed it I can have them cut in Europe at a very low cost and in just 5 days.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #3680 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 12:09:43 »
You guys should create a google doc that all of you can edit. Then put your contact information in it, and what each current step is, and the next step. Try your best to put estimated time to complete each step. Then anyone can post updates here based off of the available information.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #3681 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 13:22:20 »
gh60less :(
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3682 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 13:26:31 »
sorry what is the problem with the plates? If you needed it I can have them cut in Europe at a very low cost and in just 5 days.

I'm still waiting on money for the plates. If I get the money for them before the end of this week. I could have them to TJ before next weekend (Thursday/Friday-ish).

$$$$$$$  :-\

Offline Lubed Up Slug

« Reply #3683 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:10:01 »
You guys should create a google doc that all of you can edit. Then put your contact information in it, and what each current step is, and the next step. Try your best to put estimated time to complete each step. Then anyone can post updates here based off of the available information.

This.  I think that people want to have clear written info on where the GB is right now.  I'm not even a part of this gb, but it is impossible to find out anything on the status of it right now.  Instead of trying to piece together what is happening by sifting through a bunch of pages of posts, people should have one place where they can look and see how their money is being used and when they will get what they payed for.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3684 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:12:55 »

This.  I think that people want to have clear written info on where the GB is right now.  I'm not even a part of this gb, but it is impossible to find out anything on the status of it right now.  Instead of trying to piece together what is happening by sifting through a bunch of pages of posts, people should have one place where they can look and see how their money is being used and when they will get what they payed for.

From the OP:

Current status of the Group Buy
PCBs: In production
Plates: In production
Switches: On hand
Stabilizers: Looking for source...
Assembly: to be completed by tjcaustin and komar007 once all components are received
Shipping: Not started

From komar007:

Yes, TJ has half of the PCBs, and the other half is waiting in China.

So, I don't think you have to "sift through a bunch of pages of posts" when the info is in the OP.

in memoriam

Offline Lubed Up Slug

« Reply #3685 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:26:29 »

From the OP:

Assembly: to be completed by tjcaustin and komar007 once all components are received

From komar007:

Yes, TJ has half of the PCBs, and the other half is waiting in China.

So, I don't think you have to "sift through a bunch of pages of posts" when the info is in the OP.

That's not quite the same as what danielucf mentioned.  But yes I see now that you updated the OP, and yes komar's post was informative, my bad.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3686 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:43:50 »

From the OP:

That info is not current though.  We know PCBs are done, we know plates are done.  We just have no stabs, no updates at all on stab status for that matter aside from everyone is out of costar stabs and maybe someday we'll order Cherry stabs, and no updates with a clear timeline.

I want a clear timeline for shipping.  I also don't think the request to ship PCB and or PCB and plate only orders is unreasonable, nor is the stab refund and ship request.

We need clear timeliness and to be told what is happening instead of being jerked around and told to be patient more than a year after money was collected.  I understand others took over for this after WFD backed out and went AWOL, but it's not being handled in a way that respects those that put their trust and money into the buy.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3687 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:47:04 »
That info is not current though.  We know PCBs are done, we know plates are done.

To me, if the plates are still sitting at the manufacturer, and not in the hands of one of the people responsible for shipping orders, that means "in production." Same with half the PCBs that are sitting in China.

How is that not current?

in memoriam

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3688 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:53:54 »
I think people want something more like this:

PCBs: produced - 1/2 with TJ and 1/2 with IMSTO
Plates: produced - waiting for payment to get picked up
Stabilizers: WFD has everything but the wires.  current status unknown...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3689 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:57:36 »
So am I safe in assuming TJ has all of the money? I know he is a busy guy making cables and all that but if he could chime in here that'd be great to.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3690 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:59:07 »
I think people want something more like this:

PCBs: produced - 1/2 with TJ and 1/2 with IMSTO
Plates: produced - waiting for payment to get picked up
Stabilizers: WFD has everything but the wires.  current status unknown...

Exactly.  Give us specifics of what is being fine/where things are and a working timeline instead of vague "updates" that say nothing about the status. 

It's not like we're asking for anything difficult.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3691 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 16:13:12 »
Unfortunately, the people with the answers are not the people that are responding in this thread.

WFD or TJCaustin, please take the stage.  ;D

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 16:18:42 by mashby »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3692 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 02:08:28 »
Trying to get ACC to take direct payment so we don't have to shift 5G through bank/paypal/paypal/bank.

Put down your torch and cross your fingers already.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #3693 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 03:31:34 »
Are the plates actually produced but the supplier is waiting on payment? 

To try and reduce my stress levels regarding this buy I've only started checking this thread about once a week...  It's not like I'm going to miss anything really is it...

Edit:  I presume that ACC is the manufacturer?

Edit 2: A quick google discovers Aqua Contour Cutting in AR so I guess so.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 03:33:10 by GeorgeK »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #3694 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:22:19 »
Show Image

that's the magnifying glass episode right?

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3695 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:38:04 »
Are the plates actually produced but the supplier is waiting on payment? 

To try and reduce my stress levels regarding this buy I've only started checking this thread about once a week...  It's not like I'm going to miss anything really is it...

Edit:  I presume that ACC is the manufacturer?

Edit 2: A quick google discovers Aqua Contour Cutting in AR so I guess so.
Yeah, they originally gave me a due date of May 1st to have the plates finished. That was great because I started the outage may 11th, which is 6 12hour days a week.
That didn't work out. They didn't finish the plates till sometime around the start of the outage. At that point it was outta my hands.

So now we are here, trying to get payment to them some other way. PayPal is a real bear when it comes to transferring 5 grand :/
Currently waiting to hear back from ACC about other payment options...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3696 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:40:06 »
They won't take a direct wire transfer? Wire seems to be a pretty normal option with manufacturers.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3697 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:41:15 »
They won't take a direct wire transfer? Wire seems to be a pretty normal option with manufacturers.
Yeah, you would think in 2014... He wants cash or check and not an outta town one.  This is Arkansas though lol

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3698 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 19:02:55 »
Wire transfer is same as cash really, certainly a lot more secure than a check! If they have a bank account this shouldn't be an issue.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3699 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 04:00:57 »
Wire transfer is same as cash really, certainly a lot more secure than a check! If they have a bank account this shouldn't be an issue.
Same thoughts here, but it's not up to me. All I can do is pay the man by one of those two.
Believe when I tell you, I want this done as bad as anyone. Hell, why do you think I volunteered to get the plates made!
I've got right at $600 in this GB and I can wait to get what I payed for, just like the rest of you.