Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624486 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4450 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:18:39 »
As someone that does large scale buys... this should really be in the pack order and send them out stage. They have had LOADS of time to do any assembly stuff while waiting for parts that were not essential to doing so.
Even if they for whatever reason have not done assembly... those who don't need/want it sure as **** shouldn't have to continue waiting for that. For those that requested assembly, if more time is needed then they should go last.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4451 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:23:12 »
As someone that does large scale buys... this should really be in the pack order and send them out stage. They have had LOADS of time to do any assembly stuff while waiting for parts that were not essential to doing so.
Even if they for whatever reason have not done assembly... those who don't need/want it sure as **** shouldn't have to continue waiting for that. For those that requested assembly, if more time is needed then they should go last.

and that may have been your method, but its not in your hands, everyone has their own way of doing things, and at this point we dont know what tj's is, whether he was waiting to get everything together so he could start, or if tons of prep has been going on behind the scenes, all im saying is, all the snidy back handed comments and **** arent gonna help the situation, the same people who want updates are making it an environment that isnt conducive to getting them

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4452 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:32:07 »
So I need to make an update when I have nothing to update, but not a bull**** update?

Also, I'm untrustworthy even though I've never made an attempt to hide or be out of contact, a scammer, and the GH version of ISIS?  (When is ISIS going to get its Godwin's law, I wonder?)

I got stabs a couple days after lysol said he mailed them to me.  Considering a few other factors that aren't anyone's problem here, I didn't feel the need to tell you that "yep, lysol did ship me stab bars".  Especially since I didn't have anything new to say otherwise.  I don't have a timeline because I'm busy and have no clue how long the steps I need to take will take because this level and complexity of fulfillment is completely foreign to me.

All that said, thank the majority of you for being patient and understanding.  This has been a cluster**** since day one and no one deserves that.

Keycap buys are not gh60 buys.  I have learned this from trying to get my **** together and packed.  This is like if you had to not only organize every cap order for dolch out of 102 different unlabeled bags while letting people decide what profile they want each keyrow to be.  Even when I had to hand sort CCnG, it wasn't this complex.  And I'm not even talking about the build orders, which will, and have always been planned to, go out last.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4453 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:32:26 »
Maybe he should just pack it all up and ship it to somebody trustworthy?  I'm not even in this, and I'd pitch in a few bucks for that.

I didn't mean to imply by my post that anyone isn't trustworthy, was just trying to get this moving forward.  Sorry if it came across as snide or mean.

And what Bunny said is true. It's not like the torches and pitchforks is actually encouraging TJ, et al., to post updates and be engaged.

Edit: Lol he posted as I was writing mine.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:34:33 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4454 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:35:00 »
hahahahahahahahaha
I love Elzy

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4455 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:38:21 »
TJ, are you saying you haven't even planned anything in the months that have passed because you didn't have all the parts on hand? And because you were busy?
Why didn't you just try to recruit someone else to help or deal with this cluster **** if you are too busy? I mean aren't we talking about over a hundred people waiting for their stuff? If not more?

Edit: And who the hell says that we should take it easy on somebody just because they are helping out? If you decide to take on the task then you take on the responsibility too. Don't try to shirk that responsibility just because you weren't the original person to put it together.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:41:35 by Glissant »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4456 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:48:50 »
Sure it's complex... and it's a big project. But if you don't start getting it done it's not ever going to get done. This is what is making people upset.
If you need a crew to get it done, then get one together. Otherwise if doing it solo using time wisely and shipping in waves is something I have come to see as paramount. Otherwise I would just feel overwhelmed looking at a big pile of stuff that needs done and demotivate myself. Some people will have to wait longer than others to get their orders, and that is just the breaks. I think people would be happy to see that things are moving, and being shipped even if it's not their own order. At least it would be known progress is being made.

Offline hellerbarde

• stumbling through the mechanical keyboard world.
« Reply #4457 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 19:57:24 »
Edit: And who the hell says that we should take it easy on somebody just because they are helping out? If you decide to take on the task then you take on the responsibility too. Don't try to shirk that responsibility just because you weren't the original person to put it together.
Because they are doing it for free, if I understand this correctly. Also, sometimes a task can seem easy or trivial in the situation you take it on, but sometimes (most times, actually), Lifetm happens. And then everybody gets f'd over.

All that said, thank the majority of you for being patient and understanding.  This has been a cluster**** since day one and no one deserves that.
Hey TJ! Thanks, man!  :thumb: It's great that you took this over. I've been waiting along with everybody else and I'm glad that someone took this over instead of just letting it die. :-*

And absurdly, yeah, actually it might be worth making updates even if you don't have a lot of concrete news.  :cool: Just to reassure people that this GB is being worked on. As I said above, life happens. man...

Rock on!
objectoriented when someone felt like it.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4458 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:04:36 »

TJ, are you saying you haven't even planned anything in the months that have passed because you didn't have all the parts on hand? And because you were busy?
Why didn't you just try to recruit someone else to help or deal with this cluster **** if you are too busy? I mean aren't we talking about over a hundred people waiting for their stuff? If not more?

No, that's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying I've been busy so I don't know how long my plan will take to come to completion save "a while".  Also, the help I need has to be local.  I don't know any GHer that's really local enough to me and I don't have the funds or space to put anyone up while they help either. 

I'm not trying , nor does it sound like anyone else is telling me, to shirk responsibility.  But I am a volunteer, have done somewhat similar activities for the hack before successfully and hoped that I would have the karma/good will/whatever to be trusted to see this through, regardless of the time frame.  Especially since I had no control over most of the current delays like the PCB not being ready to print when the ordering was closed, wfd disappearing and not telling us where he was getting plates and stabilizers from, komar working on his dissertation and gmk sending us the wrong stabilizer bars. 

Sure it's complex... and it's a big project. But if you don't start getting it done it's not ever going to get done. This is what is making people upset.
If you need a crew to get it done, then get one together. Otherwise if doing it solo using time wisely and shipping in waves is something I have come to see as paramount. Otherwise I would just feel overwhelmed looking at a big pile of stuff that needs done and demotivate myself. Some people will have to wait longer than others to get their orders, and that is just the breaks. I think people would be happy to see that things are moving, and being shipped even if it's not their own order. At least it would be known progress is being made.

I'm not saying it's just sitting either.  I just have not much time to work on orders and even less space to let things sit where I can easily start/stop sorting. It makes my skin itch to tell someone that ordered stabs, plates and whatever else has held things up since PCBs were finished that they have to wait longer because they one stop shopped.  It feels like I'm punishing them for taking full advantage of the buy options.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4459 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:08:11 »

With that attitude, the whole buy would have died a year ago.  Maybe you'd prefer that, but I sure wouldn't.  Yes, TJ does have responsibilities to us, but we have a responsibility to him as well.  He bailed us all out of this mess and we owe him a little respect.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4460 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:17:59 »
I usually regret most of the posts I put into this thread, and they are almost always done from tapatalk where I'm being **** on in life like plane connections. But apparently a couple hours ago I just happened to equate tj to ISIS and that is just too hilarious to apologize for,  wow

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4461 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:20:22 »
I usually regret most of the posts I put into this thread, and they are almost always done from tapatalk where I'm being **** on in life like plane connections. But apparently a couple hours ago I just happened to equate tj to ISIS and that is just too hilarious to apologize for,  wow

It is pretty funny.  Especially imagining filming me cutting the top portion of a pcb off after yelling about things in a foreign language for 10 min.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4462 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:21:23 »
Would have been great for April fools haha

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4463 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:21:25 »
First off TJ, I'm going to say you got handed a **** job.  I respect you for undertaking it.  That said, there are still responsibilities associated with handling it and things that could have been done throughout.

So I need to make an update when I have nothing to update, but not a bull**** update?

A not bull**** update would be status of packaging, assembly for those who went plateless, pictures, or any other thing to let people know that there has been some sort of progress.  People have been asking for months about where things stand.  People have also asked about paying additional shipping to have their stabs shipped later or even forfeiting the money they paid for the stabs and just having their PCB and plate shipped out.  Those requests got brushed off or ignored.  When stabs arrived, there could have been an update.  There are many things that could have been done to help the disenfranchised instead of bull**** updates that don't help people know the status of anything.  If people were kept apprised of the status and if concerns were listened to, people wouldn't be so upset with how this has been handled.

I mentioned sprit because he practically went AWOL for a while with that cluster****, but he has been forthcoming and communicative, letting people know where things stand.  He recovered it from the precipice.  That's all we're asking you to do.

I got stabs a couple days after lysol said he mailed them to me.  Considering a few other factors that aren't anyone's problem here, I didn't feel the need to tell you that "yep, lysol did ship me stab bars".  Especially since I didn't have anything new to say otherwise.  I don't have a timeline because I'm busy and have no clue how long the steps I need to take will take because this level and complexity of fulfillment is completely foreign to me.

The emboldened part has been the problem throughout this whole buy.  Openness and communication are how you keep a restless group placated.  If there are eruptions brewing, it's because you "didn't feel the need" to communicate anything with people.  It would have been nice to hear that the stabs arrived.

And since you have no clue about the steps, have you actually done anything at all yet or is everything still sitting in unsorted piles?  That's another update you can give.  I know people would have gladly helped, and probably would still gladly help, you with sorting and organizing people's orders and prepping them from stabs.

Keycap buys are not gh60 buys.  I have learned this from trying to get my **** together and packed.  This is like if you had to not only organize every cap order for dolch out of 102 different unlabeled bags while letting people decide what profile they want each keyrow to be.  Even when I had to hand sort CCnG, it wasn't this complex.  And I'm not even talking about the build orders, which will, and have always been planned to, go out last.

That sounds exactly like the logistics of my UV Printed GB.  Each cap was a different profile, a different color, and a different design.  It was a massive PITA to do, sort, and ship but I shipped all the correct orders done in a weekend and resolved the mistakes as I ran into them.  You just have to put your head down, set deadlines or goals for yourself while breaking down into smaller chunks, and you can get it done in a reasonable time frame.

Like I said, I respect the work you're doing, but this has all been about a total breakdown of communication which feels disrespectful to me as someone who invested in this.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:23:18 by nubbinator »

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #4464 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:35:16 »
Thanks again to TJ for taking on this staggeringly large task!

Just to clarify, the PCB's are already pre-populated with SMD from the PCB house, correct?  I sure hope that TJ doesn't have to populate them himself!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4465 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 20:38:23 »
Yo!!! If you get all the parts you need for the builds and shipp me everything else, I'll sort it and start shipping those.

Is that the best way of doing it... prolly not, but it's all I got for (****) ideas ;)
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline metafour

« Reply #4466 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 00:56:08 »
Isn't this exactly why waiting until all parts were on hand to start work was a bad idea? Weren't there orders whose combination of parts were all on hand and thus could have started being shipped months ago so that the current load was reduced?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #4467 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 01:01:45 »
I'll be selling my GH60 when it arrives as i've made the switch to topre. If anyone is interested let me know.
Yes please.

Offline vorn

« Reply #4468 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 03:06:20 »
Sheesh..

First of all - sorry to anyone who receives a notification of a new post in this thread. My post is not the update you're probably frothing for.

Secondly... I am reluctant to comment on the negative attitude in this thread because I don't think it deserves any more attention. It's not helpful or encouraging to anyone.

Although it's been a long wait, I'm glad there's still a pulse. Thanks guys!

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4469 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 08:47:17 »
I think first off, people have to remember TJ volunteered his time....

But I do agree..updates, even ones that don't say much, are better than nothing and that should satisfy most...

BUT that also means, people have to STFU when the update is not something major.  Jumping on top of someone who has volunteered their time isn't getting you anywhere and is only going to drive that person away.  That includes if the update is - "nothing new today". 

I understand, people have money invested in stuff...but honestly, at least it looks like you might get your stuff at some point in the future...Seeing as this community has had so many senior members turned thieves that's not a bad result...
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2015, 02:04:02 by Polymer »

Offline metafour

« Reply #4470 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 09:01:21 »
Ignoring everything that has happened to bring this Group Buy to its current state and starting fresh from today, what's the plan? It's my understanding that everything is on hand now. Let's just put all the cards on the table. How many total orders are there? What's your plan of attack? How many orders do you think you can do each time you have the ability to work on this? When do you think you can get the time and space to start? If you don't feel you can handle it all what do you need to assist you?

No negativity allowed. No attacking allowed. Let's all deal with the facts of the situation and move forward.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4471 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:11:01 »
Sorry TJ i hope this wasn't me that blew this up, have to say that I really appreciate you picking this up as it would have been a tragic gb. I was only hoping for a small update to know the gb is moving along, we don't get much in here so any information is useful. Personally signed my last lease on the property im in and with 4 months left i'm worried i'll have moved before it gets here!

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #4472 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 15:29:13 »
Yo TJ! Did you get my PM?

It is pretty funny.  Especially imagining filming me cutting the top portion of a pcb off after yelling about things in a foreign language for 10 min.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4473 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 15:36:56 »
Yo TJ! Did you get my PM?

Ya

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4474 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:28:08 »
TJ, since you have confirmed that you have everything, can you take some pictures and give some plan of attack for distribution?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4475 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 13:39:51 »
nubbinator, just read his reply to me, and I'm pretty sure you'll get the gist as to what kind of "plan" is in place.

It will be done when TJ can get around to it.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4476 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 13:43:25 »
nubbinator, just read his reply to me, and I'm pretty sure you'll get the gist as to what kind of "plan" is in place.

It will be done when TJ can get around to it.

In other words, a continuance of:

I didn't feel the need to tell you

Also, why the hell are people apologizing for the mini-explosion when people are just asking to have their investment treated with respect and be given an update?  An update with some sort of plan of attack, even if it's in the formative stages, is not hard to do and would be appreciated over total silence.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4477 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 17:33:20 »
The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4478 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 17:43:14 »
Looking to sell my 2 gh60s when they arrive.

If any Canadian is looking to pick one up, PM me.

Update: both gh60s have interested parties. 
Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 April 2015, 18:46:57 by tjweir »

Offline Zeroo

« Reply #4479 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 17:50:24 »

Not from Canada, but might be interested in 1 if SMD is presoldered

Offline Prelim

« Reply #4480 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 18:44:53 »

pm'ed!
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4481 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 01:43:15 »
Also, why the hell are people apologizing for the mini-explosion when people are just asking to have their investment treated with respect and be given an update?  An update with some sort of plan of attack, even if it's in the formative stages, is not hard to do and would be appreciated over total silence.

Asking for an update is fine..asking for pictures is disrespectful IMO...it is a sign you don't trust him.

And fair enough, you invested in this GB..but the people you should be treating poorly are the ones that disappeared...

I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement as far as handling a GB..even as a volunteer..but for all the people complaining, will you be volunteering the next time one of these goes pear shaped?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4482 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 02:20:03 »
Asking for an update is fine..asking for pictures is disrespectful IMO...it is a sign you don't trust him.

It's asking to see the status of the buy.  And, based upon comments, some people don't trust him at this point.  Posting pics would assuage some of those feelings.  There is nothing disrespectful about asking to have concerns addressed.

And, to be frank, I find it funny to label legitimate questions and concerns as disrespectful when the people who put their money into the buy haven't been respected throughout the buy.  People have been politely asking for updates on the buy for about a year and a half now, if not longer.  The questions rarely get answered and, when updates are given, there's usually an explosion by one of the organizers berating people instead of giving actual updates.  That kind of behavior doesn't encourage people.

And fair enough, you invested in this GB..but the people you should be treating poorly are the ones that disappeared...

I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement as far as handling a GB..even as a volunteer..but for all the people complaining, will you be volunteering the next time one of these goes pear shaped?

The ones who disappeared have already been demonized.  There are threads dedicated to them and how they ripped people off.  All that's happening here is a group of frustrated people wanting regular updates and to be treated with respect.  I guarantee you things would get quieter in here if there were updates showing where things stand and where shipping is at.

And yes, TJ stepped up into a rough position.  People have already pointed that out, but don't make it seem like he's a martyr. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2015, 02:21:57 by nubbinator »

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4483 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 05:46:15 »
It's asking to see the status of the buy.  And, based upon comments, some people don't trust him at this point.  Posting pics would assuage some of those feelings.  There is nothing disrespectful about asking to have concerns addressed.
Again, asking for updates is fair.  Suggesting he might be ripping people off isn't.  He could as well rip people off..pictures aren't going to change that.  If his intent was to take off it doesn't matter what pictures are there, what is said, what is done...
And, to be frank, I find it funny to label legitimate questions and concerns as disrespectful when the people who put their money into the buy haven't been respected throughout the buy.  People have been politely asking for updates on the buy for about a year and a half now, if not longer.  The questions rarely get answered and, when updates are given, there's usually an explosion by one of the organizers berating people instead of giving actual updates.  That kind of behavior doesn't encourage people.
Nothing is disrespectful with asking for an update.  Are they all politely asking?  Nope...are they picking on every little thing?  Yeap...is it because they're frustrated?  Of course they are...but their anger is being directed at the wrong person.  Of course, I'm not saying this is being handled as well as it could...there are obvious things that could be done better..but this isn't the person benefiting from the GB..this is someone coming in to try to salvage it....I hold the person running the GB, who has gained benefit from it, to a higher standard than I would the person trying to put it together.  More than that person could chew?  Probably...but does it look like that person is trying to take off with people's stuff?  No way..nothing in the slightest would indicate that..easily they can just disappear into the ether like the many other thieves this site has produced.  So the suggestion is to stop suggesting that might be the case..

The ones who disappeared have already been demonized.  There are threads dedicated to them and how they ripped people off.  All that's happening here is a group of frustrated people wanting regular updates and to be treated with respect.  I guarantee you things would get quieter in here if there were updates showing where things stand and where shipping is at.

And yes, TJ stepped up into a rough position.  People have already pointed that out, but don't make it seem like he's a martyr.

I agree with you 100%.  There are many ways that would completely help out the situation...many ways that this could be handled far better and I have said that already...but am I going to blame the volunteer for this?  It really is hard to.  Again, I'm assuming you'll step up the next time something like this happens or one of the many concerned parties here will do so....I'm not doubting whether or not you could do a better job..but are you going to volunteer your time?  I wouldn't..it just wouldn't be worth my time....

Along with the appreciation for someone actually volunteering should be a good deal of slack and understanding...I'm sure the definition of that is different for everyone but certainly the level of distrust is not justified...

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4484 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 09:04:17 »
Being a volunteer doesn't change the fact that there have been months to already set up a plan of action, and it doesn't seem like there is a full plan as of yet. And yes if I was in the states I would've taken over the buy or tried to help as much as possible. I wouldn't do it for nothing seeing as it wasn't my original GB, but I would do what I could. I would separate the parts of the buy that didn't have stabs, the parts that could be shipped now, and I would slowly package one of those a day and ship them out at the end of the week.
Then I would start figuring out how much space I could spare for some packages and when I should start packing the most stackable ones. I would then be ready to ship out some packages the day I got the stabs on hand.

And that idea was just what I thought of while replying now. If I had months to prepare I would have a whole lot better of an idea as to what I would need and who I would need to ask if I needed help.

Spend one hour less on the forum a day and suddenly you have one hour more to spend on doing something else.

But hey, he's a volunteer. Cut him some more slack :).

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #4485 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 09:52:51 »
I know we are all annoyed about this group buy. There is something constructive that we can all do though. Look back at your order and see if you ordered assembley. I know I did but two years ago I couldn't solder two wires together and couldn't come close to soldering my own PCB. Lookiing at the intial description the SMD's  and controller were presoldered. If you can solder switches, 1 through hole resistor and LED - cancel your assembley. That will make this a less daunting task and will possibly allow all of us to get our boards sooner. I know assembley was $25 but does anyone here think TJ is seeing that cash? I doubt it and at this point I don't care.

The other option is get someone local to solder your order - some of them might even volunteer to do it if it got the ball rolling. I'm not god's gift to soldering by any stretch of the imagination but I would solder some in Cincinnati if necessary.

That is only my opinion and I'm certtainly not going to go through 150 pages of this thread to see if any of what I said was wrong. Let the discussion begin.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4486 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:37:00 »
Being a volunteer doesn't change the fact that there have been months to already set up a plan of action, and it doesn't seem like there is a full plan as of yet. And yes if I was in the states I would've taken over the buy or tried to help as much as possible. I wouldn't do it for nothing seeing as it wasn't my original GB, but I would do what I could. I would separate the parts of the buy that didn't have stabs, the parts that could be shipped now, and I would slowly package one of those a day and ship them out at the end of the week.
Then I would start figuring out how much space I could spare for some packages and when I should start packing the most stackable ones. I would then be ready to ship out some packages the day I got the stabs on hand.

And that idea was just what I thought of while replying now. If I had months to prepare I would have a whole lot better of an idea as to what I would need and who I would need to ask if I needed help.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying....You should plan it out..you'll save yourself time..it'll go smoother...
Is it really that hard to do?  No..it really isn't...but would I do it?  Nope...just not worth it for me to spend that time...Would I want updates? Sure...do I think it is inappropriate to treat the volunteer with distrust?  No..not at all...

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #4487 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 13:19:02 »
I have not thrown out any posts about status in here yet. but could you at least ship the European parts to komar so he can start?

I am in the US and this doesn't help me get mine any faster. but it might help you obtain more space to sort.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4488 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 16:11:08 »
I think the problem really is TJ just doesn't have the time as he mentions so unless we find someone to help in the US that is nearby and TJ is willing to let this happen the GB won't move for however long. This makes me sad but he is holding all the cards so all we can do is beg for updates (I do actually check this thread on a daily basis in hope)!

Offline metafour

« Reply #4489 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:13:35 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4490 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:17:18 »
Show Image

Like will actually get an update on this.  At this point I feel like taking bets on when, if ever, we'll get this.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:26:40 by nubbinator »

Offline metafour

« Reply #4491 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:20:46 »
I have faith

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #4492 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 04:46:21 »
could you at least ship the European parts to komar so he can start?

^This.  If you (TJ) aren't in a position to individually box up all the US orders for whatever reason then at the very least please just put all the EU stuff in one big box and get it to komar so that he can get on with his job - surely that's not too difficult is it?  Especially since you now have everything on hand...
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4493 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 11:00:01 »
The last I talked to komar, he was in a worse position in terms of time than I am.  I've been waiting for a list of what he needs in terms of plates and stabs (he has the rest already) for a while now.  He's been working on his thesis, the last I heard.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4494 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 20:26:58 »
The last I talked to komar, he was in a worse position in terms of time than I am.  I've been waiting for a list of what he needs in terms of plates and stabs (he has the rest already) for a while now.  He's been working on his thesis, the last I heard.

Thanks sir.

Offline nebo

« Reply #4495 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 13:04:52 »
Not to get too ambition here, but are any cases still around for this?

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4496 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:45:44 »
You can buy a slim case from pexon (pexonpcs.co.uk).

Komar, can you confirm TJ's comments? Not that it helps but i'm sure there are plenty of us EU folk that are willing to help out.

Offline battletux

« Reply #4497 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 04:23:03 »
So have the stabs arrived yet? Are we just waiting on the orders being sorted and shipped now?

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4498 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 07:17:22 »
Everything has arrived at TJ's, they currently don't have the time to deal with it, so we have to wait indefinitely until they do (I assume)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4499 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 14:05:51 »
Everything has arrived at TJ's, they currently don't have the time to deal with it, so we have to wait indefinitely until they do (I assume)

Summary of how things have gone with the buy: