Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624523 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR ???)
« Reply #4900 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 13:42:12 »
damn son, Matt & Bunny straight studs for this one.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4901 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:09:59 »
Wow, awesome news! Please this is finally coming to fruition, just as my main driver is dying too

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4902 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:24:26 »
hey guys, i have paid the import duties on the non conus pcbs, they have left china and will be with me any day

i will start getting them turned around as soon as possible

and will take pics for everyone as soon as they arrive

this isnt going to be an instant process with this gb, there is a lot to organise, but i will certainly do my best to do my share in a very timely fashion, as well as help anyone else involved

what is going to take me a bit of time is going through the spreadsheet, sorting out my orders, and contacting people to make sure all info is still correct and up to date, so i will most likely split the orders up in to batches, and post them all here so people can see whats going on, so for example, if i have 100 orders, ill split em up in to 5 batches of 20, post all 5 batches up here with the names of each member in each, and then tackle them one batch at a time , and update the status of each persons order on that post as it progresses

ill make sure im as clear as possible and provide constant updates

although please be aware, i am in the process of moving house as ive mentioned earlier, so if there are a few times where im not online and updating as much as some of you would like, i apologise for this in advance, i know its not ideal timing, but at least we are getting this moving
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4903 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:44:41 »
Bun for Earth President!

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #4904 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:55:37 »
Bunny, you paid duties before I knew the boards left China...
This GB can't go wrong anymore.:D
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4905 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:11:54 »
Bunny, you paid duties before I knew the boards left China...
This GB can't go wrong anymore.:D

haha yeah they text me, so i got it paid right away

dhl are good cause they let you know beforehand, whereas other companies notify you one they have them in the uk, but before they arrange delivery, so it can add a lot of time to shipping, but dhl do it in advance to make the shipping seamless

Offline BlueBär

Re: GH60 Group Buy (PRODUCTION)
« Reply #4906 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:59:46 »
My prediction: GH60 will be finalized once we reach page 100 of this thread.

GO GO GO!

Show Image

Welp, it's moving I guess. How do you plan on organzing the soldering helpers (okay, maybe it's a bit early to talk about that but whatever)?

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #4907 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:24:15 »
BunnyLake, you UK based? I'm also moving address at the end of the month so i assume i need to inform someone about this?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4908 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:28:08 »
BunnyLake, you UK based? I'm also moving address at the end of the month so i assume i need to inform someone about this?

yeah im in the UK

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: GH60 Group Buy (PRODUCTION)
« Reply #4909 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:29:27 »
My prediction: GH60 will be finalized once we reach page 100 of this thread.

GO GO GO!

Show Image

Welp, it's moving I guess. How do you plan on organzing the soldering helpers (okay, maybe it's a bit early to talk about that but whatever)?

if anybody wants to volunteer soldering work, please contact me via pm, and where possible, include your level of experience, and what you can commit to, both in terms of timescale, as well as number of units

Offline joey

« Reply #4910 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:14:35 »
Can we get some info on what soldering working is required?

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #4911 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:20:12 »
Yes, I'd like to know this as well.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4912 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:27:36 »

Yes, I'd like to know this as well.

please read the original post of this thread, under the heading assembly

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #4913 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:55:40 »
Sure, but I meant whether you'll need help with the SMT stuff, or the "assembly service" for switches and LEDs.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4914 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 15:59:25 »
Sure, but I meant whether you'll need help with the SMT stuff, or the "assembly service" for switches and LEDs.
SMT is already done, unless people specifically chose not to. The only thing that needs done is switches and LEDs..

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4915 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:18:22 »
SMT is already done, unless people specifically chose not to. The only thing that needs done is switches and LEDs..

yeah

it would make no sense for someone to order a DIY version of the pcb, but then have it built up, i dont have the exact numbers to hand but the numbers of diy pcbs for non conus orders is extremely low

the building services as far as i know will literally be a case of switches and leds

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4916 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:51:54 »
I'm going to sell my two gh60s (spoken for currently) so I have time to solder a couple of Canadian orders. 

Switches and LEDs only, max of four boards.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4917 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 19:40:36 »
just ordered all my shipping supplies for this

getting quite excited now this is all moving along

me and matteo are looking in to getting the conus orders shipped from tj at the moment to someone in the US, as soon as i have an update on that ill of course post here, there are a ton of boxes so we need to price up a palette or a courier rather than sending them all individually but we shall get that all worked out and let you folks know soon, just because i keep saying non conus, doesnt mean that isnt a priority, after all, all the non conus plates and stabs are there

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #4918 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 19:56:59 »
Just want to say: I wasn't around when this GB started, but I've been following the its status and the posts here for a month or two. However, I'm extremely impressed by the manner of how this GB was rejuvenated, and the sheer effort (and cash) that has come from the members who have gotten this thing moving again, despite the negativity from some posts.

It's people like you that keep the reliability instilled in participating in GBs here, and make this place the place that it is. If this GB went dead in the water, and became well known, I'm sure a lot of people would be avoiding other GBs in the future.

Offline tbc

« Reply #4919 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:06:04 »
If this GB went dead in the water, and became well known, I'm sure a lot of people would be avoiding other GBs in the future.

for the record, justified or not, this GB is already well-known for being a reason to avoid GBs
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4920 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:14:43 »
But this is GH, so nobody here cares. They care more to collect from every group buy and hoard a bunch of unnecessary ****.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #4921 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:21:09 »
I care for Demik but I'm partial to Mexicans and blacks.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4922 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:30:41 »
i... wat

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #4923 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:36:14 »
I think digi has gone insane...

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #4924 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:39:14 »

define "insane" =)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4925 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:41:05 »
by "gone insane" do you mean acting normal?

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #4926 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:42:37 »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #4927 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:43:22 »

define "insane" =)

"hanging out the window, taking out some puto's" uhhhh...classic.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #4928 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 03:23:38 »
Thanks to the guys getting this moving again. Your commitment is very much appreciated.

Offline eon

« Reply #4929 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:54:02 »
Thanks Bunny for all the feed back
Poker MX Red - Photos

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4930 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 09:38:09 »
for everyone complaining, or talking about the mess this gb is or was or whatever, i really think people should get what happened in to context rather than making assumptions

the reason this got dragged out as long as it did, really isnt tj's fault, he was originally just meant to collect money, and itst my understanding, he accomplished that well

wfd dropping off the face of the earth is what caused many of the problems, because of this, certain things didnt get ordered, and at what point in to what was a very active members disappearance do you have to give up on him, whatever that time was, that wasnt tjs decision, so he isnt to blame for that delay in anyway, at some point, someone stepped up and had the plates made, and after that, the stabs were ordered through ivan, he got the wrong wires, again not tjs fault, and that caused more delays

i guess the parts have really only been on hand with tj for a couple months, so i guess, at most you could say he delayed it that long, but lets please look at the magnitude of the job at hand, and how much time it takes to tackle, when he committed to the extra tasks, we didnt know a timeline on when everything would be sorted, so just because everything started to line up, doesnt mean his schedule or personal life is ready for it etc

what i can say is this, matteo has done a lot of the talking with tj, but on the occasions i have dealt with him directly on this, he has been very helpful, and committed to sorting this out for everyone, even if that just meant organising handing it over

this isnt my gb, but even to me its frustrating seeing all the negativity, and this gb being held up as a reason to think negatively about gbs, things like this, its not run by companys, its run by community members, often with little to know experience, and the more people involved, the more issues that there are that can come up, and the more parts and suppliers that are involved, the more issues that can come up

when this gb went live, the pcb as we will come to know it hadnt even been really created yet, it hadnt even truly hit the proper beta stage

this isnt a gb thatll be fixed by one person, its taking lots of people to tackle this, and i cant imagine how stressful it would be trying to deal with this largely on my own

when all is said and done, once this is finally out to people, this shouldnt be remembered negatively, or as a group buy that has gone wrong, but as a mark of what we can accomplish when we come together as a community, that something can be created from scratch, and become known across several different communities, be imitated upon and built on from here

and before moaning about anyone else, think how hard it would be for you to commit to doing something, that will take a huge amount of time, that you cant even start doing for 2 - 3 more years from when you commit to it, peoples lives, schedules and priorities change in that period time

is short, lets stop all the bull****, and focus on the future, and this all being sorted, and all the cool new 60% set ups we are gonna see

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 09:40:32 by BunnyLake »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #4931 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:18:38 »
But this is GH, so nobody here cares. They care more to collect from every group buy and hoard a bunch of unnecessary ****.

Quoted for the ultimate truth.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #4932 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:46:11 »
I'd watch a "Hoarders: MK Edition".
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #4933 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:49:24 »
I think I found the first candidate: :blank:

Sorry Hoff

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4934 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:58:42 »
I think I found the first candidate: :blank:
Show Image

Sorry Hoff

LOL.  It's not far off.  After my recent move, I was unpacking boxes - keyboards, dishes, keyboards, clothes, keyboards...etc.   :-[ 

I will say I'm fairly certain I'm not the worst one here though.  ;)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4935 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:47:53 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:27:43 by esoomenona »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4936 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:57:54 »
Hoff, you have a severe problem. And that problem is all of those caps are for MX switches. You need more Topre in your life. Or, at the very least, more Cherry/GMK and less SP.

I have plenty of Topre, Cherry, and GMK (and less SP than when this picture was taken).  No problems here.   ^-^

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #4937 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:19:37 »

Offline Rivello

« Reply #4938 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:07:37 »
I feel like this group buy has turned into a coddling session.
Poor TJ,  it's not his fault,  yada yada. But the thing is that for the most part, yes,  it is.  When people began to question why he was silent or even BEG for an update, he stayed silent.  He wasn't so busy however that he couldn't spend hours on reddit posting classifieds or buying ridiculously expensive earbuds. 

There were times when you could see him lurking in the thread and not posting. Why do that?  Why go on a thread where people were obviously asking for any sort of update or plan and just stay mum?  Did he spend money he wasn't supposed to?  Why was the money even in personal bank account?  Why is only SOME transferred?  Why are there no invoices being shown clearly so we can see that someone hasn't been lining their pockets?

I'm tired of people wking and coddling. In the real world if anyone did this, they'd be taken to court.  You can't just sit on a pile of money and cut off communication and expect everyone to smile and nod.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4939 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:14:18 »
Poor TJ,  it's not his fault,  yada yada. But the thing is that for the most part, yes,  it is.  When people began to question why he was silent or even BEG for an update, he stayed silent.  He wasn't so busy however that he couldn't spend hours on reddit posting classifieds or buying ridiculously expensive earbuds. 

There were times when you could see him lurking in the thread and not posting. Why do that?  Why go on a thread where people were obviously asking for any sort of update or plan and just stay mum?  Did he spend money he wasn't supposed to?  Why was the money even in personal bank account?  Why is only SOME transferred?  Why are there no invoices being shown clearly so we can see that someone hasn't been lining their pockets?

I'm tired of people wking and coddling. In the real world if anyone did this, they'd be taken to court.  You can't just sit on a pile of money and cut off communication and expect everyone to smile and nod.

firstly, if you are gonna post stuff like this and allegations against someone, perhaps do it on your real account, rather than hiding behind one you made today

secondly, where would you have liked him to keep the money, keeping large amounts of money in a paypal account is a terrible idea, a personal bank account is the safest place for it, id much rather that than in his mattress, id also assume that when he was collecting the money, he didnt expect to be sitting on it this long

thirdly, part of the reason im sure he stayed away, is because of posts like this im sure, which dont help anyone, i may not agree with how a lot of this was handled, but i think what we can all agree on is the fact we wanna get this sorted, and throwing around messages like that is not the way to do it

right now its all speculation, and until there is proof of wrongdoing, just slinging around mud doesnt get us anywhere

we would all like more info in to exactly what was going on, but just making **** up doesnt help that

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4940 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:20:20 »
can i also just say, im not here to coddle or sweep anything aside, but unless anyone has any evidence of wrongdoing, i dont think its acceptable to make accusations of it, right now, things are finally moving a long, but we still need TJ to cooperate, now i dont think for one moment he wouldnt cooperate, but people talking trash about him can certainly only hurt us trying to resolve all this

i for one was strongly pushing to work out what happened with all the money etc

we would all like some open discussion on this gb, but until that happens, or until we have a reason not to, why cant we just be a little positive and do and say things to help, rather than hinder the situation

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4941 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 20:13:28 »

You've already made enough similar comments with your actual account, why bother making a duplicate for this post?   :confused:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4942 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 20:41:19 »

You've already made enough similar comments with your actual account, why bother making a duplicate for this post?   :confused:
Doesn't making multiple accounts = ban?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4943 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 20:42:12 »

Doesn't making multiple accounts = ban?

= serious warning and potential ban

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4944 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 01:29:33 »

i hope this wraps up soon, because you're ****ing annoying glissant.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4945 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:34:13 »
on a better note

the pcbs just arrived at my house

ill take some unboxing pics now and post them up here shortly

Offline Hzza

« Reply #4946 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:37:38 »
Holy **** that was quick! Can't wait for the pics :D.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #4947 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:39:06 »
I'm not even a part of this GB, but i'm excited to see some pictures.

I think i'm just waiting for people to sell their stuff once they arrive because i want in on this haha

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #4948 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:45:26 »

Offline Hzza

« Reply #4949 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:46:57 »
Whey!