Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1624545 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR ???)
« Reply #5150 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 16:17:31 »
Has the US hub been identified?  I'm sure it's still in the works but it would be reassuring to know who is handling the US side of things.  Unless I just missed it.  :P

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5151 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 17:15:46 »
Has the US hub been identified?  I'm sure it's still in the works but it would be reassuring to know who is handling the US side of things.  Unless I just missed it.  :P

i hadnt posted it yet because i didnt think it was my place to do so, but ill ask permission and make sure its ok, i can say that it is a very trusted member of the community both in terms of helping the forum as well as previous gb experience
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline dav1k

« Reply #5152 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 07:41:21 »
Hello!

I'm new to the community. It's a nice place, I've enjoyed digging through the enormous volume of the information here.

Given that, I'm interested in a GH60 PCB, is it still possible to acquire one? It seems its very popular, and I understand others have asked first. But I don't mind waiting for something has the features I desire. Would give me time to source all the other parts I would require.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5153 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 07:55:52 »
Hello!

I'm new to the community. It's a nice place, I've enjoyed digging through the enormous volume of the information here.

Given that, I'm interested in a GH60 PCB, is it still possible to acquire one? It seems its very popular, and I understand others have asked first. But I don't mind waiting for something has the features I desire. Would give me time to source all the other parts I would require.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Its not possible to get into the original GB at this point, but there will be a thriving aftermarket once people start getting their PCBs.  Just watch the classifieds and you will see boards available in about a month or so...

Offline mauri

« Reply #5154 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:00:20 »
Hello!

Let me know!

Thanks!

Its not possible to get into the original GB at this point, but there will be a thriving aftermarket once people start getting their PCBs.  Just watch the classifieds and you will see boards available in about a month or so...

or just get rev b (?) from taobao or whereever
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Qipz

« Reply #5155 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:32:08 »
Isnt Bunny gonna sell off the ones that werent wanted anymore?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5156 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 12:02:45 »
what i will do with these boards, is wait until i have shipped all my orders, then whatever is left, i will offer for sale in this thread, they will be sold at gb price, and the money taken from these boards, will go back in the gh60 shipping fund

I'm waiting for you to confirm whether the spreadsheet said I ordered an ISO plate (I thought I did but looking back my Paypal invoice says GH60, though that could have been generic).

It's a long shot, but if I did order a GH60 I'm hoping the leftovers include an ISO plate to trade with...

I have ordered an ISO plate, but in the 2 years that passed since this GB started I switched to ANSI :p

Maybe we can trade plates?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5157 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 12:04:48 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 14:36:46 by esoomenona »

Offline JBert

« Reply #5158 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 15:57:37 »
what i will do with these boards, is wait until i have shipped all my orders, then whatever is left, i will offer for sale in this thread, they will be sold at gb price, and the money taken from these boards, will go back in the gh60 shipping fund

I'm waiting for you to confirm whether the spreadsheet said I ordered an ISO plate (I thought I did but looking back my Paypal invoice says GH60, though that could have been generic).

It's a long shot, but if I did order a GH60 I'm hoping the leftovers include an ISO plate to trade with...

I have ordered an ISO plate, but in the 2 years that passed since this GB started I switched to ANSI :p

Thank you for your offer.
I'm still waiting for a confirmation from BunnyLake though, so it's possible that I did order an ISO plate and that my Paypal invoice was wrong. We'll see what's possible once he has time to look it all up.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5159 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 15:59:59 »

I'd be willing to trade plates once my order gets sorted. Of course it'd be international shipping, so maybe it's just a fall-back offer for you, but happy to help if I can.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5160 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 01:21:48 »
Samwisekoi is in contact with TJ for taking over the US PCBs and the plates. He will then send them to other volunteers who will be shipping to the end points.

This happened last week. I have no news yet but I bet Samwisekoi will get all the boards soon.

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
« Reply #5161 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 01:44:19 »
1st of  all thank the GH60 team to make a community miracle become true. I joined the keyboard game too late to get myself one order. Are you guys planning on later batches? Or is there anybody out there randomly wanna pass your ISO order, just let me know pls :D

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5162 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 01:46:15 »
sorry if this has been answered - i tried to go back a bit but couldnt find the info. what is the ETA on plates for EU orders?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5163 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:52:41 »
i just sent the pms to batch 5 people, i copied my last message from batch 4 so it says ill ship wednesday but scratch that if you are in batch 5 itll be this weekend

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5164 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:53:07 »
sorry if this has been answered - i tried to go back a bit but couldnt find the info. what is the ETA on plates for EU orders?

there is a post about that 2 posts above yours

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5165 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:54:54 »

it's unclear if that is referring to EU plates

dont sass me

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5166 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 04:57:34 »

dont sass me

im not sure who is sassing you

but as we have posted several times in this thread

all the plates are in the US

once the plates have been sent to the new US proxy, they will send them to me

the post 2 above yours states who is doing this, and that we havent heard any news of a date and time

i have been clearly posting any and all updates in this thread

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5167 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 05:00:02 »

dont sass me

the post 2 above yours states who is doing this, and that we havent heard any news of a date and time

thank you

as i said the post was unclear

i can read

im not accusing you of not posting updates

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5168 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 05:33:34 »

dont sass me

thank you

as i said the post was unclear

i can read

im not accusing you of not posting updates

yeah its all good sir, i just wasnt trying to be sassy, i just didnt know if you were only looking at my posts for updates so pointed you to matteo

for everyone in the future, if the update isnt here, then we dont have it, the way the US stuff has been left right now is samwisekoi is arranging collection of the other stuff, and im waiting on his contact to transfer him the money needed

as soon as that has been done, i will update

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5169 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 05:35:21 »
the other problem is that this thread is just massively impossible to navigate. i wonder if it's possible to change the OP to you, matt3o or someone else who is keeping track of things so there is a clear place to get the current status... should be possible in SQL

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5170 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 05:37:27 »
the other problem is that this thread is just massively impossible to navigate. i wonder if it's possible to change the OP to you, matt3o or someone else who is keeping track of things so there is a clear place to get the current status... should be possible in SQL

that is a good point sir, perhaps ill look in to setting up a little webpage that gives the current status on everything, and ask to have the url placed in the OP

Offline v4mp1

« Reply #5171 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 06:05:29 »
Can anyone tell me what I ordered? The excel sheet is not working on the first page.

Thank you.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #5172 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 06:27:40 »
If you paid with Paypal and you still have the original email notification with the invoice, it contains a link with the order detail (I always archive this kind of thing, I could retrieve it by searching using "GH60" as keyword :-) )

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5173 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 06:39:38 »

Samwisekoi is in contact with TJ for taking over the US PCBs and the plates. He will then send them to other volunteers who will be shipping to the end points.

This happened last week. I have no news yet but I bet Samwisekoi will get all the boards soon.

I hope reliable volunteers are used. Glad this is moving along finally.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5174 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:05:15 »

that is a good point sir, perhaps ill look in to setting up a little webpage that gives the current status on everything, and ask to have the url placed in the OP

I'm more than happy to update the OP when needed.  Samwisekoi obviously also has that ability.  A webpage to give updates might just be the easiest option at this point, however.  :thumb:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5175 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:16:56 »

I am happy to build you whatever you need.  Maybe a little webpage that uses a Google Spreadsheet as its database?  I am willing to build it if you have a basic idea of what you want, just let me know...

Offline tradet

« Reply #5176 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 14:02:07 »
I can happily report that I have just received my switches and two PCBs.

Offline v4mp1

« Reply #5177 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 15:30:42 »

Offline hellerbarde

• stumbling through the mechanical keyboard world.
« Reply #5178 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 05:07:56 »
If you paid with Paypal and you still have the original email notification with the invoice, it contains a link with the order detail (I always archive this kind of thing, I could retrieve it by searching using "GH60" as keyword :-) )

THIS! I was falling over myself trying to find what I ordered. The invoicing confirmation has the info.
objectoriented when someone felt like it.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5179 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:14:32 »
the first of my gh60's

lovingly built by matteo

Offline Qipz

« Reply #5180 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:29:13 »
That tease

Offline Hzza

« Reply #5181 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:32:11 »
Looking good Mr. Lake.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5182 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:41:46 »
Looking good Mr. Lake.

i have the package ready for you sir, ill have it out on the weekend me thinks

Offline Hzza

« Reply #5183 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:53:50 »
Ready and waiting, I'm going to get my second PCB soldered up tonight in preparation I think :D.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #5184 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 14:17:54 »
the first of my gh60's
lovingly built by matteo

Very nice.. What case is that?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5185 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 14:36:43 »
the first of my gh60's
lovingly built by matteo

OG duck poker

Offline joey

« Reply #5186 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 14:39:25 »
What switches, MX clears or Gateron clears?

Offline Prelim

« Reply #5187 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 14:51:08 »
pretty sure they are Gaterons  ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Aleksander

« Reply #5188 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 15:12:45 »
Got my PCB today :)
Had planned to put it in a case similar to the one Bunny has on his above..
BUT I think I am going to make a 60% version the same way I did my ErgoDox, that way the sexy PCB is exposed :)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #5189 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 18:18:53 »
the first of my gh60's

Show Image

lovingly built by matteo
Lookin' real nice! :eek:

Is that an FMJ case?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5190 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 04:05:58 »
the first of my gh60's

Show Image

lovingly built by matteo
Lookin' real nice! :eek:

Is that an FMJ case?

the first of my gh60's
lovingly built by matteo

OG duck poker

:thumb:

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #5191 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 04:46:13 »
Oops. :-[ Thanks Lechner!

Offline TurtleMaster

« Reply #5192 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 14:55:25 »
Hello!

Let me know!

Thanks!

Why dont we start a new GB? I can get PCB and components easy since i'm in PCB assembly bussiness. The remain is just metal work. And BYO keycaps.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5193 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 08:21:08 »
I think most of us are eager to get what we paid for first. Once this GB wraps up and Version C is released then kicking off a new GB would be great.  :thumb:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #5194 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 08:33:56 »
I just read through a couple pages of this thread and once again I  blown away by the patience and grace of mister bunny lake thank you so much truly blown away by this guy sometimes
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5195 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 09:40:52 »
sorry i havent replied to people from the last couple batches yet and posted the new updated list in the thread

i will have that up sometime tomorrow at the latest

but most likely later today

i just got done making myself a little packing area in the new house, where everything has its own little place rather than me lugging stuff in to my office all the time and having it strewn around everywhere

the boards i said i would ship today will now be sent monday, i ended up needing to have a tumble dryer delivered today and i was told it would be anytime between 9 and 5, its now nearly 4 and still not here so doesnt look like ill be going anywhere

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #5196 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 19:22:20 »
GUYS! NEED A LITTLE HELP HERE!
Does anyone know if TMK supports led for Rev. C PCB?
I can't find any information online

I got confirmation from Hasu that it's not supported by him yet.
I wonder if there is some little known branch out there that does?

I tried Kairyu's branch, doesn't seem to support Rev. C
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 August 2015, 20:35:22 by argcargv »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5197 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 20:50:13 »

I don't think rev c has backlighting support through the main controller. I think I read that somewhere. I am sure someone who knows this buy better will jump in and correct me, but this is what I recall. I am pretty sure backlighting is not available out if the box.

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #5198 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 21:48:56 »

I don't think rev c has backlighting support through the main controller. I think I read that somewhere. I am sure someone who knows this buy better will jump in and correct me, but this is what I recall. I am pretty sure backlighting is not available out if the box.

Yes, I agree with your info, I contaced Hasu to get the confirmation.
KaiRyu's branch only supports PCBs designed in China like Rev.CHN

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR ???)
« Reply #5199 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:57:26 »

Yes, I agree with your info, I contaced Hasu to get the confirmation.
KaiRyu's branch only supports PCBs designed in China like Rev.CHN

Full backlighting was to be added later via an add-on LED controller. I don't think there have been updates on that in quite some time.

Edit: and I do have to add that I've been around a bit and I am constantly amazed at Bunny's patience and tenacity. This guy is such an incredible asset to this community. Always polite and professional.

Bunny, want to run for US President?  We could get Elrick to be your campaign manager.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2015, 20:59:33 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825